PES2008 Wii edition

vegas-voss

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone mastered the art of defending yet? its bloody tricky, especailly against human players.

I got through the first part of career mode on the second attempt, never had too much trouble, next comp i entered though i got thumped every game!! I think i actually prefer this to the Master League.

has anyone mastered the art of defending yet? its bloody tricky, especailly against human players.

I got through the first part of career mode on the second attempt, never had too much trouble, next comp i entered though i got thumped every game!! I think i actually prefer this to the Master League.

I like the lotto situation in Champions Road how you never know who you are going to get.Will make for better online friendlies with mates.Once all of us gets our level up we should arrange some friendlies this way rather than just an online match.

I like the lotto situation in Champions Road how you never know who you are going to get.Will make for better online friendlies with mates.Once all of us gets our level up we should arrange some friendlies this way rather than just an online match.

Aye sounds like a plan, could even have a JKB tournament at some point...

Everyone still at 2 stars in terms o players they can get?

I think the player development is much better in this one, and even though theres only 6 main stats things become a lot more clearer and in depth when u start improving your players, i think the 'missions' are cool as feck also.

Aye sounds like a plan, could even have a JKB tournament at some point...

Everyone still at 2 stars in terms o players they can get?

I think the player development is much better in this one, and even though theres only 6 main stats things become a lot more clearer and in depth when u start improving your players, i think the 'missions' are cool as feck also.

I have a couple of 3 star players.Van Der Gun and a centre back can't remember his name.I have Ordaz(striker)levelled up quite a bit aswell.Only player i have that i really know so far is Oakley from Derby

I have a couple of 3 star players.Van Der Gun and a centre back can't remember his name.I have Ordaz(striker)levelled up quite a bit aswell.Only player i have that i really know so far is Oakley from Derby

Yeah ive levelled up Ordaz a bit but he's still not first choice coz ive got 2 strikers who are 2 stars. Got a couple of 2 star attacking mids, a 2 star central defender, and two 2 star keepers, so really need to get my defence and midfield up to scratch.

The formation screen confused me a bit to start with but i think the bit that comes up telling you what areas they can play and how well is superb, and the way you can easilty drag and drop your players into different positions.

All my original players, despite having taught them skills, were still at 1*, so I basically have a new team!

Best players are Frey, Juan, Aquilani and Makinwa all 3*

All my original players, despite having taught them skills, were still at 1*, so I basically have a new team!

Best players are Frey, Juan, Aquilani and Makinwa all 3*

Yeah but are they not being levelled up to the same standard it's just they don't get the star.I have Ordaz levelled up on two different striking things and to be honest he is alot more lethal than the two strikers i have with 2 stars.

So how do you defend.

I just tend to double click on the opposing player and two players close him down then eventually crowd the opposing team out and win the ball.I had one guy online chasing me all over the place dragging his player with a yellow marker and getting nowhere.I just kept passing it around him and he was like a dog chasing a ball.

Yeah but are they not being levelled up to the same standard it's just they don't get the star.I have Ordaz levelled up on two different striking things and to be honest he is alot more lethal than the two strikers i have with 2 stars.

I am not actually sure :confused:

I uncovered some good strikers so deceided to bring them in and abandon my original ones...Castolo was pretty good for me though

Will go and have a look at the individual stats instead of being blinded by the stars!

Good point Brashy,not sure if the players starts go up...am i right in saying the ones you 'buy' never have any special skills, no matter how good they are?

Good point Brashy,not sure if the players starts go up...am i right in saying the ones you 'buy' never have any special skills, no matter how good they are?

Not sure.

I really should read the manuals but i never do with games until im ready to through the thing through the window.

Rossi have you added my PES2008 code ?

As the only one it had approved was CCP'S

So how do you defend.

I just tend to double click on the opposing player and two players close him down then eventually crowd the opposing team out and win the ball.I had one guy online chasing me all over the place dragging his player with a yellow marker and getting nowhere.I just kept passing it around him and he was like a dog chasing a ball.

yeh thats what i tend to do, sometimes i find that they stand off the player too much and im screaming at them to put a foot in. I sometimes drag them with the yellow line and sumtimes u can get some good interceptions or just nick in and take the ball from their feet if u time it right, if not u can leave your guys out of position which can cause trouble

The new players you get can also learn new skills

It appears that as the stats improve, they reach a saturation point, so a 3 star player has his limits of how good he can get (once he has learned 6 skills - have only just reached that point, but Makinwa has full bars for attack, strength, technique, so I think those stats are maxed for him)

Gutted as I just played Sunderland, and my pick was their reserve goalie, so I missed out on Gordon :(

Brashy, can't mind which codes I have added, so will recheck it this evening. Did you add my new code, rather than the one I first posted?

The new players you get can also learn new skills

It appears that as the stats improve, they reach a saturation point, so a 3 star player has his limits of how good he can get (once he has learned 6 skills - have only just reached that point, but Makinwa has full bars for attack, strength, technique, so I think those stats are maxed for him)

Gutted as I just played Sunderland, and my pick was their reserve goalie, so I missed out on Gordon :(

Brashy, can't mind which codes I have added, so will recheck it this evening. Did you add my new code, rather than the one I first posted?

I think i added both of yours rossi, i think our Wiis are connected but think u still need to add me on PES, or it just comes up saying unallocated or whatever it is

yeh thats what i tend to do, sometimes i find that they stand off the player too much and im screaming at them to put a foot in. I sometimes drag them with the yellow line and sumtimes u can get some good interceptions or just nick in and take the ball from their feet if u time it right, if not u can leave your guys out of position which can cause trouble

Defending is hard

I have had online games finish 5-3 and 7-4 :eek:

I normally just use a on the opposing players, and do that on a few nearby as well so I can try the interceptions. Use the offside trap quite a lot too, but it's risky.

Slide tackles are difficult. If they have a player isolated, I will double tap a to get 2 going for him, then get one ofmy players to try a slide

Defending is hard

I have had online games finish 5-3 and 7-4 :eek:

I normally just use a on the opposing players, and do that on a few nearby as well so I can try the interceptions. Use the offside trap quite a lot too, but it's risky.

Slide tackles are difficult. If they have a player isolated, I will double tap a to get 2 going for him, then get one ofmy players to try a slide

ive only played one game online and won 6-2 :)

its really satisfying when u get one of your guys to run a few hundred yards before performing a perfect slide tackle though.

Have added you both now

Another thing is when they give you challenges, like "complete 5 one twos" or "score a free kick"...make sure you do them as soon as possible, as I think it is them that allow you to get players of better skill levels and also other things like more skill choices and the ability to have a bigger squad

I just got allowed 4* players, and after beating Bolton had 1 pick and found Anelka :P (If you play Bolton and can get 4* players, go for the "his shooting is world class" ;))

Have added you both now

Another thing is when they give you challenges, like "complete 5 one twos" or "score a free kick"...make sure you do them as soon as possible, as I think it is them that allow you to get players of better skill levels and also other things like more skill choices and the ability to have a bigger squad

I just got allowed 4* players, and after beating Bolton had 1 pick and found Anelka :P (If you play Bolton and can get 4* players, go for the "his shooting is world class" ;))

u jammy get :P

I've had two attempts at promotion camp and been humped both times, i do have it on top player though, and if i get my defending sorted i should be ok. At last im building up my team, got a 3* defender called Lobo.

Lobo's gonna get ya ;)

u jammy get :P

I've had two attempts at promotion camp and been humped both times, i do have it on top player though, and if i get my defending sorted i should be ok. At last im building up my team, got a 3* defender called Lobo.

Lobo's gonna get ya ;)

I am only playing it on second top skill level :o

My defence is pretty good as I have been lucky with my picks! Frey in goals, Juan and Panucci of Roma. I normally focus on trying to get attacking players though, so have picked so many smf with only 1* it's unreal! Also managed to pick Nakamura after playing Celtic, and he is a good amf, but he is only on the bench behind Alex

I am only playing it on second top skill level :oMy defence is pretty good as I have been lucky with my picks! Frey in goals, Juan and Panucci of Roma. I normally focus on trying to get attacking players though, so have picked so many smf with only 1* it's unreal! Also managed to pick Nakamura after playing Celtic, and he is a good amf, but he is only on the bench behind Alex

poof :P

JamboRossi79

Just got this last night and it took a wee bit of getting used to but think I am getting there. I certainly like the concept. Will post my code when I get a chance.

JamboRossi79

Cool, I have added everyone who posted here.

I just played two games Arsenal V Man City lost 0-1 and then I was Man U V Barcelona and was 4-2 up then went on to lose 4-5:mad:

Cool, I have added everyone who posted here.

I just played two games Arsenal V Man City lost 0-1 and then I was Man U V Barcelona and was 4-2 up then went on to lose 4-5:mad:

Ouch, im really struggling to get out the promotion camps, mite have to turn the difficulty down.

Was playing Helsingborgs and if i won i would have went through, there whole team is gash except for a certain H.Larsson. Larsson hat trick.

flogelisgod

Just picked this bad boy up today for 28 quid at asda! Had a quick shot after footy training and have to say it is quite fun!Hard but good!will play it properly tomorrow!

Just played my first online.

Played against Man U as Chelsea and humped them 4-2

Against the lag, The Drog and Shevva pulled me through :)

I just played Derby in the Champions Route, they had a 3 star guy on the wings so after the game i tried to get him, went for the card that says 'play him on the wings'. So who do i get?!

Stephen 'Plug Ugly' Pearson!!!!

I've got Recoba and Nonda up front.

Bart Goor on the wing, with mostly 3 star midfield/attack but only one 3 star defender.

I've got Recoba and Nonda up front.

Bart Goor on the wing, with mostly 3 star midfield/attack but only one 3 star defender.

i've got a couple of 3 star defenders, the rest are 2 stars at best tho

i've got a couple of 3 star defenders, the rest are 2 stars at best tho

DUnno if this has any bearing ever, but most of my good pics have come from the 2 columns on the right of the 4...especially the one on the far right ;)

flogelisgod
I just played Derby in the Champions Route, they had a 3 star guy on the wings so after the game i tried to get him, went for the card that says 'play him on the wings'. So who do i get?!

Stephen 'Plug Ugly' Pearson!!!!

U think thats bad,i was playing Birmingham and i picked the card,"Best played in attack"...guess who i got? More like "best played on the bench"

Fat Junkie get that he is!! On the other hand,i got Oli Kapo. :)

U think thats bad,i was playing Birmingham and i picked the card,"Best played in attack"...guess who i got? More like "best played on the bench"

Fat Junkie get that he is!! On the other hand,i got Oli Kapo. :)

If i uncovered O'Connor he would have stayed in the slot to get scrapped!

I felt dirty taking Nakamura for a sub, and ex hobo would have been too much

On the plus side, I uncovered Fabregas earlier on :P

Guest S.U.S.S.

When online how does it work?

360 and the george foreman have headsets, can you talk to the other person?

Commander Harris

the wii-mote has a mic built in I think, I imagine you can't really talk during game play with it though.

When online how does it work?

360 and the george foreman have headsets, can you talk to the other person?

no communitcation with the other person sadly, online functions are one of the Wii's weak points

im hopeful of getting out the promotion group this time, after about the 4th attempt! had to turn the difficulty down one coz it was driving me mad at top player

JamboRossi79
im hopeful of getting out the promotion group this time, after about the 4th attempt! had to turn the difficulty down one coz it was driving me mad at top player

Me too, bloody frustrating :mad:

I was beaten by Celtic. Bloody hell, Boruc is outstanding- he saved everything. I had about 10 one on ones against him and only scored 1.

PS. There is a speaker in the wii-mote, no mic.

God i fecking love this game.Just scored two chips and diving header in a 6-0 romp over SC Interntional in Champions Road match.

Just won all the Atlantic leagues and got an invite to play against a team made up of my mii's.Totally mental you play the game with the players big heads how they look in your formation set up.Anyway won 4-3 my wifes mii was in goals and she had a howler.

Just won all the Atlantic leagues and got an invite to play against a team made up of my mii's.Totally mental you play the game with the players big heads how they look in your formation set up.Anyway won 4-3 my wifes mii was in goals and she had a howler.

:laugh:

:laugh:

She done a Zibi and let my player Galardo run in for the shot she spilled.It's mental playing with the big heads it took me until the second half to get used to it.

Been through one of the league strings and played against my Wii Mii's - was good for a laugh! I won 5-0...

Not played for a week until last night - went straight online to play someone got pumped 5-0 - there was a bit of lag though... one minute I tackled the boy, a bit of lag, then he had the ball back and was through on goal. Annoying!

Been through one of the league strings and played against my Wii Mii's - was good for a laugh! I won 5-0...

Not played for a week until last night - went straight online to play someone got pumped 5-0 - there was a bit of lag though... one minute I tackled the boy, a bit of lag, then he had the ball back and was through on goal. Annoying!

i had one game that had sum bad lag, u can change the settings tho so that it finds more suitable games

I just won the European cup!

Not happy though as my pics weren't great

Had to make do with Pirlo and Henry, when I really wanted Kaka and Ronaldinho :(

My right side is aweosme though...Alves and Ronaldo :P

Has anyone worked out how to do stepovers?

I know they are possible, as the computer has done it to me a few times, but I can't do them

I have searched on the net but can't find anything

Archived