PES2008 Wii edition

vegas-voss

Got mine pre ordered so should arrive Thursday.Here is a review of the game for anyone out thinking of getting it interesting to read the fans review with most saying it is the best football game ever made.The best control system ever for a sports game the fans are saying.Oh this is the first time i'll be playing my wii online so where do i find my friends code ?

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/sports/pes2008/review.html

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brashy, on your Wii menu click on the envelope in the bottom right that gets you to the message board, u should find it there somewhere.

Feel free to let me know if you want to add me as well :thumb:

Looks quality... when it out?

Got mine pre ordered so should arrive Thursday.Here is a review of the game for anyone out thinking of getting it interesting to read the fans review with most saying it is the best football game ever made.The best control system ever for a sports game the fans are saying.Oh this is the first time i'll be playing my wii online so where do i find my friends code ?

I'm guessing its round about Thursday :P

Looks quality... when it out?

It's out Friday but when you pre order it it usually comes the day before.Read on PESFAN.COM where a few posters have got the US version that the controls are brilliant and attacking and passing are a joy but the defending is a bit tricky and harder to master.

Brashy, on your Wii menu click on the envelope in the bottom right that gets you to the message board, u should find it there somewhere.

Feel free to let me know if you want to add me as well :thumb:

Perfect i'll pm my wii code to you when im next on my wii.Thanks and i'll let you know how the game is on Thursday.It has an average score on metacritic of 8.5 so far which is pretty dam good.

Perfect i'll pm my wii code to you when im next on my wii.Thanks and i'll let you know how the game is on Thursday.It has an average score on metacritic of 8.5 so far which is pretty dam good.

nice one. Think it got something like 36/40 in Famistu the Japanese magazine which is pretty good, i prob wont be getting it for a bit coz ive loads o uni work just now, cant wait to play it tho :)

Cool.... I'm a [filter edit]... never noticed the ETA bit... lol

Right getting paid on Wed so will hopefully have it for the weekend!

nice one. Think it got something like 36/40 in Famistu the Japanese magazine which is pretty good, i prob wont be getting it for a bit coz ive loads o uni work just now, cant wait to play it tho :)

I am the same, but it is soooo tempting :sad:

It really looks awesome though, and I think I will just spend a few weeks solid after exams playing it to make up for it

Will post my code thingy on the "official wii thread" when I find out what it is!

The US ones been out for a bit.

Tempted to get that one now..

Your PES code may be different to your wii code. Mario strikers has their own codes.

Went to play.com to pre-order mario kart, but it is currently unavailable, and ended up ordering PES instead!

Only 29.99, so thought I might as well get it now, as they may put the price up after release

Went to play.com to pre-order mario kart, but it is currently unavailable, and ended up ordering PES instead!

Only 29.99, so thought I might as well get it now, as they may put the price up after release

good willpower there rossi :P

good willpower there rossi :P

I know! Thought I did well to even last 3 hours

I will just use it as an incentive to study, by only letting myself play it if I have done enough work

UnworthyPapaLazaru

LIQUID FOOTBALL!

Seriuosly though, that looks great. That and SMGalaxy and tempting me into the way of the wii.

LIQUID FOOTBALL!

Seriuosly though, that looks great. That and SMGalaxy and tempting me into the way of the wii.

Super Mario Galaxy is amazing.

I've yet to finish Super Mario Galaxy. I got caught up again in Zak and Wiki. I didn't finish that either because I got caught up in Medal Of Hono(u)r Heroes and I've yet to finish that because of No More Heroes.

The Wii has some awesome games!

I am put off No More Heroes a bit because apparently the UK version has been censored so it isn't nearly as gory as it should be :(

I am put off No More Heroes a bit because apparently the UK version has been censored so it isn't nearly as gory as it should be :(

Heard that as well, doesnt bother me in the slightest though. Think about old films, theres hardly any gore in older films compared to nowadays but it doesnt make them any worse.

Looks like things could get messy on 2 players with all those lines and cursors!

Rather have lines and cursers than the shocking lag the PS3 version i had suffers from and i heard the 360 version does not fare much better.This aint a daft gimmick version this has been rated as the best Pro Evo of this generation and once they get the defensive side of the game right for the 2009 version this will be by far and away the top footbal gamel ever.

No More Heroes has been censored but it doesn't detract from the gameplay at all.

When you kill somebody they king of evaporate into a black mist. Because of the style of the game (Retro gaming style ?) the censored version fits perfectly, whereas I'm not sure if blood does.

Either way, it's a cracking game- so much fun.

No More Heroes has been censored but it doesn't detract from the gameplay at all.

When you kill somebody they king of evaporate into a black mist. Because of the style of the game (Retro gaming style ?) the censored version fits perfectly, whereas I'm not sure if blood does.

Either way, it's a cracking game- so much fun.

Nice one

It's on my list of games I want, but I was put off as some people said the censorship ruined it, but CCP had a good point also

My PES2008 has been dispatched so should def be haere tomorrow.

Where did you order it from?

Mine is from play, but it still says unavailable :(

My order is now being prepared for dispatch!

Looks like I will get it in time to have a play this weekend before putting it in storage till after exams

My copy was dispatched yesterday. No-ones home though so fingers crossed the postie hasnt been a ***** & taken it back to the depot (gets on my t1ts that - leave it with a neighbour ffs).

Has anyone received their copy & played it yet?

My postie still ain't been today, so fingers crossed I will get it when he finally turns up

Neither has mine.Im well ****ed as i have to go to bed for my work soon.

Commander Harris
It's arrived

Will report back in a weeks time :P

first impressions?

BEST. FOOTBALL. GAME. EVER!

Graphics ain't as good as PS3 or 360 versions obviously, but the gameplay is superb. Nothing more satisfying than scoring your first goal from an off the ball run

Had "a few" games now, and it is excellent

The running off the ball adds a whole new dimension to the game, and it uses the controls very well

Not worked out how to do skill moves yet, but at the moment I don't need them as the freedom of passing and running allows me to beat a man in other ways.

Had a quick shot online too, and it was pretty smooth. Won 4-2, 5-0, and 4-1 which ain't too shabby :P

i've only played a few games and i'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Tackling is difficult. No idea if thats how skills are done but I think if you hold A whilst pointing in the direction to run in, if you move the nunchuk stick (and possibly other things) you will shimmy..etc

Loving this so far. It's the only football game since Sensible Soccer that I've actually enjoyed. Defending is pretty tricky, but I'm improving fast.

My code is 5155 2880 9417 is anyone wants to add me...

Loving this so far. It's the only football game since Sensible Soccer that I've actually enjoyed. Defending is pretty tricky, but I'm improving fast.

My code is 5155 2880 9417 is anyone wants to add me...

Will add you tomorrow, and post my code on here too, but my flatmate is watching Eastenders and other ****ty soaps just now so I can't play :(

My code is 3995 6468 2819

Just dished out another couple of online beatings, although I am strugling in the career mode thingy. I keep picking crap players, bar Makinwa from Lazio, so my team is crap compared to my opponents

Only played one match so far and won 2-1 but found it pretty hard but in a good way because you know when you start mastering the controls of the game it is going to be absolutely awsome.Graphics well quite frankly they are shocking but who the hell cares when the gameplay is this good.I am going to have to put in some serious practice on this game so good job im off for the next 4 days.Overall it is just outstanding as i had grown so tired of Pro Evo but this is just a totally new experience.Of course you will get the non Wii owners ridicule the game but hey thats there loss and they can stick with boring old Pes or Fifa while i enjoy the new king of footie games.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Supposedly the new UEFA demo on the Playstation Network is quite good. Will check that out today.

Supposedly the new UEFA demo on the Playstation Network is quite good. Will check that out today.

Just played it,it's just another Fifa.Looks stunning though but still the same gameplay but with less for your buck.

My code is 3995 6468 2819

Just dished out another couple of online beatings, although I am strugling in the career mode thingy. I keep picking crap players, bar Makinwa from Lazio, so my team is crap compared to my opponents

Changed my online name so my code is now 2062 9145 9236

Does anyone know how to alter your name rather than creating a new account?

JamboRossi79

Wasn't planning on getting this but I think you guys have talked me into it.

My Wii code is 3145 1838 9488 3849

just got it today and im mesmerized, my mate who hates Nintendo told me it was the worst football game he's ever played, but he obviously had his anti-nintendo hat on firmly, coz its far better than any other pro evo imo.

The defending is tough, but im actually getting used to it already, the biggest problem is the speed at which the teams attack, can get quite frantic.

The shooting is a bit basic but dont think its any worse than in any other pro evo, dont think not having a power bar is a huge loss.

Was a bit dissapointed to see there were only 6 stats for each player, but in reality dont think it makes that much difference, theres still a noticeable difference when switching from Barca to the Master League losers.

Enjoying the champions world or what ever its called, i think i actually prefer it to the master league.

I'll get everyone whos put their code added today at some point

so do u get a different code for pro evo then? just coz some of you's are posting 12 digit codes and the wii codes are 16 digits?

wii codes are a pain in the arse it has to be said.

so do u get a different code for pro evo then? just coz some of you's are posting 12 digit codes and the wii codes are 16 digits?

wii codes are a pain in the arse it has to be said.

Wii codes I think are more so you can message other folk and send mii's etc

It seems that the online capable games all have seperate codes. You will find the PES one when you click Nintendo WFC, then manage friends code or something

Glad you like it. I think a lot of xbox or PS3 fans won't be able to see past the inferior graphics, and will be so used to the simple gameplay of recent pro evos that they have mastered, and won't like basically being back to square one due to the far superior aspects of game play involved in this one

Champions Road isreally good, and it is such a noticeable difference from playing as one of the best teams. I just focused on one league, and have completed it now, but it was very difficult until I had lost enough times to actually build up a good enough team to compete. A better tactic would probably be to play round 1 of every league, then round 2 of efery league etc

just got it today and im mesmerized, my mate who hates Nintendo told me it was the worst football game he's ever played, but he obviously had his anti-nintendo hat on firmly, coz its far better than any other pro evo imo.

The defending is tough, but im actually getting used to it already, the biggest problem is the speed at which the teams attack, can get quite frantic.

The shooting is a bit basic but dont think its any worse than in any other pro evo, dont think not having a power bar is a huge loss.

Was a bit dissapointed to see there were only 6 stats for each player, but in reality dont think it makes that much difference, theres still a noticeable difference when switching from Barca to the Master League losers.

Enjoying the champions world or what ever its called, i think i actually prefer it to the master league.

I'll get everyone whos put their code added today at some point

Mate i said in my short review of the game on this thread that non Wii owners would knock,but to hell with them.I can't get enough of this game just finished the first part of carreer mode.The more you play thwe better you get hell im even getting to grips with defending.The game is so rewarding especially as you have to basically control every player.I played the new Uefa demo on the PS3 yesterday and it just felt so generic compared to Pro Evo on the Wii.

Going on thw Wii now so will post my PES2008 code on here.

Wii codes I think are more so you can message other folk and send mii's etc

It seems that the online capable games all have seperate codes. You will find the PES one when you click Nintendo WFC, then manage friends code or something

Glad you like it. I think a lot of xbox or PS3 fans won't be able to see past the inferior graphics, and will be so used to the simple gameplay of recent pro evos that they have mastered, and won't like basically being back to square one due to the far superior aspects of game play involved in this one

Champions Road isreally good, and it is such a noticeable difference from playing as one of the best teams. I just focused on one league, and have completed it now, but it was very difficult until I had lost enough times to actually build up a good enough team to compete. A better tactic would probably be to play round 1 of every league, then round 2 of efery league etc

ah i see, i added everyones wii code, ill go back and add the WFC ones later, i think i posted my wii code on the other thread but ill put it here as well:

2859 3109 0524 9402

and my WFC one is:

1461 6202 6506

Archived