Take a look!

MummyJambo

rudi must stay
Listen mate moving to Real Madrid would not turn Neilson in to a footballer.

Do you really believe that a change of club would magically give him pace and ball control??:confused:

he is a footballer though. One thing that the good players have is determination, consistency, they may not have the best pace or ball control but they don't need to. Neilson wouldn't get into any SPL team cos of that imo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not the reality of football. It's not just down to one single action is it.

Consider this - a player scores 3 goals in a game and in the last minute misses a sitter - do you think anybody is going to give him pelters?

Now consider fans reaction to a player who misses 3 sitters, then misses another in the last minute.

Get my drift?

Thats not really the same 'action' then is it??

Missing 4 chances in a game is not the same as missing 1 chance in a game is it??

Neilson made one mistake on Saturday. Kingston made the very same mistake and generally looked like he could not be bothered, had a wee seat and a wee stretch to himself. Who's hounded as the bad guy though.....

loveofthegame
This crap about they pay their money they are entitled to boo crap is exactly that CRAP.You pay your money to go SUPPORT and WATCH your team,if you dont like what you are seeing dont go,it's as simple as that.You have NO right to abuse anyone,let alone someone who is wearing the jersey.

Read my post again and think about it for a second. I tried to point out that booing the players is not something i choose to do(although have done it the odd time this season at the end of games but certainly don't pick on individuals).

However i feel if ppl aren't happy they have EVERY right to make their feelings clear. Freedom of speech and all that. Yes support the team but there are times when certain players/the team as a whole are practically insupportable.

And the opinion that RN is ****e is as hard a 'fact' as any 'opinion' will ever be. What do some of you watch?!

That's not the reality of football. It's not just down to one single action is it.

Consider this - a player scores 3 goals in a game and in the last minute misses a sitter - do you think anybody is going to give him pelters?

Now consider fans reaction to a player who misses 3 sitters, then misses another in the last minute.

Get my drift?

Oh and just to specifically use your example..... as unlikely as it might be....

Neilson scores 3 goals then misses a last minute sitter - he'd STILL get boo'd.

Larry misses 3 chances then another in the last minute - he'd STILL be 'above' criticism.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Now you just sound silly.

It is not a fact, it is an opinion. It may be shared with some, it may not be shared with others.

It has not been shared with Jefferies, Houston, Levein, McGlynn, Burley, Romanov, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Korobochka, Chernenkov, Frail and Walter Smith.

OK to answer this Robbie getting picked by umpteen Managers spin -

Jeffries - bumped Neilson out on loan to Q of S

Houston - I think he picked one team when Levein jumped ship.

Levein - when Mahe got injured Maybury had to move to LB and Robbie filled in at RB - CL had NO ALTERNATIVE to Neilson. I notice CL thinks so highly of Robbie he never tried to sign him for LCFC or DU.

McGlyn - fill in Manager for a few games. No say in bringing in any new players.

Burley - replacement RB was a priority in Jan window (as confirmed to me by Phil Anderton as I posted at the time). Burley of course never got to January and I notice Robbie doesn't feature in his Scottish squad!

Romanov, Rix, Malofeev, Korobochka, etc - I would have thought that THIS buch of dummies rating Neilson says it all!

Smith - after mass call off's and a dearth of any quality Scottish RB's Robbie got picked once on default.

No, he's never been the best player in the Hearts team, never mind the Scottish Premier League. You mistake my defence of Neilson for something else, I don't think he's the best player at Hearts, I don't think he's the best defender at Hearts, I DO think he's the best right back at Hearts and I DO think he is unfairly treated by some fans. That is all, I don't come on here defending him to wind-up yourself or people of the same opinion. I just give mine and ask people to explain theirs.

On that subject, I still don't think my question from a few posts ago has been answered..... ;)

Just answered it.

loveofthegame

Levein - when Mahe got injured Maybury had to move to LB and Robbie filled in at RB - CL had NO ALTERNATIVE to Neilson. I notice CL thinks so highly of Robbie he never tried to sign him for LCFC or DU.

McGlyn - fill in Manager for a few games. No say in bringing in any new players.

Burley - replacement RB was a priority in Jan window (as confirmed to me by Phil Anderton as I posted at the time). Burley of course never got to January and I notice Robbie doesn't feature in his Scottish squad!

Romanov, Rix, Malofeev, Korobochka, etc - I would have thought that THIS buch of dummies rating Neilson says it all!

Smith - after mass call off's and a dearth of any quality Scottish RB's Robbie got picked once on default.

Well put

You have this the wrong way round.

Falkirk's midfield and defenders always had options for a short pass - the sort of position Brellier always made himself available for. That makes it easy for the other players to find them. When Jonsson doesn't play for us, not one of our midfield players (with the exception of Palazuelos) makes himself available for that short pass.

Some of our players - Elliot/Ivaskevicius/Stewart for example lack the football nous for the runs/positions required to make it easy for their teammates. But others - Kingston/Ksnavicius/Ivaskevicius are basically lazy players.

Add to that the lack of ability to hold the ball of players such as Velicka/Ksnavicius/Elliot/Beniusis and you have a recipe for a poor team.

Kingston and Miko both come back trying to offer themselves for passes but they tend to get it at chest-height from Neilson. I cannot comment so much on the left because Wallace is actually pretty decent going forward but not such a good defender, and Jose looks hellishly ungainly which disguises the fact that he?s actually not that bad at short passes but terrible at clearances...and we really don?t go down the left that much.

Through the middle is a problem though, as Palazuelos is a better DM than Brellier but it seems Stewart has decided to play further up the field than at the start of the season when he was actually good because he was coming deep to collect the ball from the defenders. Perhaps the problem is more about us having too many DMs and trying to get them to play different positions?

Kingston, Palazuelos, Stewart and Jonsson ALL describe their roles as Defensive Midfield in interviews...

Up front is just non-existent now....

No because he only made 1 big error on Saturday and was still boo'd so your theory is shot to pieces

OK to spell it out for you.

I used the scenario to prove a point that fans booing a player is not down to a single error.

Neilson maybe only made one big error in that game however, he makes big errors on a regular basis throughout the course of the season. That is what the fans were reacting to.

he is a footballer though. One thing that the good players have is determination, consistency, they may not have the best pace or ball control but they don't need to. Neilson wouldn't get into any SPL team cos of that imo

The inmates are taking over the asylum! :eek:

Noslien thgim eb hsip, tub eh ysawla sevig %001. Hcihw sekam ti yako, yltnerrappa. Neve nhew s'eh gniwom eht nwal, eh sevig %001 fo rewomnwal noitca, os eno-on yllaer stnaw ot llet mih taht sih s'nedrag yllautca devap.

Oh and just to specifically use your example..... as unlikely as it might be....

Larry misses 3 chances then another in the last minute - he'd STILL be 'above' criticism.

You have now lost the plot! :confused:

Llew siht tcaxe draeht ylniatrec t'nsah neeb detsop erofeb.

Before posted been hasn?t certainly thread exact this well...

Well this exact thread certainly hasn?t been posted before?

Lots of convenient answers, still does not explain why Hearts have signed so many players over recent years yet none of the right backs have been good enough to dislodge such a poor player? Makes no sense to me.

The point you made about Leicester City & Dundee Utd? Levein did not have much ? to spend at Leicester as they were cutting costs. Tell me, how much did he pay for the Hearts players he took down south with him? De Vries, Maybury, Kisnorbo?? How much did they 3 signings amount to?

Before posted been hasn?t certainly thread exact this well...

Well this exact thread certainly hasn?t been posted before?

Eya, t'ndluoc eb desra gniog eht elohw goh.

S'taht ruof nwod, xis sdrawkcab stsop ot og dna I niw eht teb. Tahw a efil I dael.

they are aren't then. when did you get released?

I'm still locked in here - and with your comment that a professional SPL player does not need "pace or ball control" I strongly suggest you should join me! :P

Lots of convenient answers, still does not explain why Hearts have signed so many players over recent years yet none of the right backs have been good enough to dislodge such a poor player? Makes no sense to me.

The point you made about Leicester City & Dundee Utd? Levein did not have much ? to spend at Leicester as they were cutting costs. Tell me, how much did he pay for the Hearts players he took down south with him? De Vries, Maybury, Kisnorbo?? How much did they 3 signings amount to?[/QUOTE]

and he would have paid fortunes for Robbie would he?:rolleyes:

Another awesome contribution to the forum :sad:

Yeah, like totally awesome dude, far out.

You talk [mod edit]

Lots of convenient answers' date=' still does not explain why Hearts have signed so many players over recent years yet none of the right backs have been good enough to dislodge such a poor player? Makes no sense to me.

The point you made about Leicester City & Dundee Utd? Levein did not have much ? to spend at Leicester as they were cutting costs. [b']Tell me, how much did he pay for the Hearts players he took down south with him? De Vries, Maybury, Kisnorbo?? How much did they 3 signings amount to?[/[/b]QUOTE]

and he would have paid fortunes for Robbie would he?:rolleyes:

Great answer :( I'm fed up with this conversation as you won't even answer a simple point as it doesn't suit your agenda.

He signed 3 Hearts players that cost him hee-haw, there's every chance he might have signed Neilson too had he been available on a free.

Some hearts fans ought to be ashamed of theirselves. Yes I am embaressed by what is going on at our club. I am a season ticket holder in the main stand near the gorgie road stand, and on sat the names and abuse that neilson took and a select few others who didn't have their best game but did better than the likes of michael stewart was shocking, I cheered when he managed to pass the ball to another hearts player. It makes me wonder why they play better away from home ? Is it because only die-hard hearts fans travel to away games? Hmmm I wonder?.......

I'm a diehard Jambo they are (sadly) my life

However EVERYbit of abuse those jokers get is justified

i am actually starting to hate everyone of them

You have now lost the plot! :confused:

See the part of my post which reads "as unlikely as it might be".

I spoke theoretically.

I notice you dont have much to say in response to it.

You talk [mod edit]

Yet another fantastic effort. That post must have taken ages to construct.

The readers will be waiting on your next one with baited breath

Re the OP - how to shoot yourself in the foot in a few simple steps.

Step 1: Slag off those who dare criticise / abuse players who are not good enough to represent our club.

Step 2: After slagging those off who abuse our players, then admit to sarcastically applauding the successful completion of a pass made by one of our own players who YOU think is not good enough. Sarcastic applauding is essentially the same as booing. Its abuse either way.

Step 3: Conclude with a token "better fan than thou as I go to away games" remark.

Regarding Neilson - he gets cut NO slack any more. I'm no great Robbie lover, but at the same time, I'm not one of his critics either.

Prime example of folk judging Neilson differently..... lets compare a left back with a "silky" midfielder. Surely you'd expect the silky ????? player to have a better touch than a left back?

Well..... Robbie makes a bad touch that see's him run the ball out of play on the Wheatfield side - cue boo's / abuse from the fans.

Larry "gonna be worth ?3 million cos i'm so silky" Kingston does EXACTLY the same thing, just about in exactly the same spot (near the half way line)..... NOT A PEEP. No boo's no abuse, at worst just a bit of a disappointed sigh.

i completely agree with you i hate fans slaggin off players and i know all fans have there faves but to judge someone for doin something and then another player doin the exact same and nohting is said is just a classic case of favouristism i thought kingston was pretty awful on saturday i thought he hit the deck far to easy yet fans shout out his name but at the end of the day fans pay there money and are entiltled to there opinion!! theres nothin anyone can do about it!!!

Great answer :( I'm fed up with this conversation as you won't even answer a simple point as it doesn't suit your agenda.

He signed 3 Hearts players that cost him hee-haw' date=' there's every chance he might have signed Neilson too had he been available on a free.[/quote']

I have given you my answer on my opinions why various Managers HAD to play Neilson.

As to why we didn't actually sign a RB I don't know - I don't speak to Vlad! Maybe Hearts made various offers that fell through, maybe the fact that we had a dozen guys calling shots over the last few seasons mean't we were a shambles and Robbie escaped the bullet, maybe Vlad rated Robbie as a star (enough said!!!).

As I said before it is a mystery to me how a donkey like Neilson could get away with playing SPL football for so long!

By the way see before you get all up-ity, I suggest you get yer facts right.

MDV and Maybury were sold for (I think) ?150k.

Only Skippy-on-Ice went for "hee-haw".

Neilson deserves the abuse. He's a terrible footballer. As for Elliot, he's played for 60 minutes in his career against Sellick at New Year. Both are first division players, and if they keep playing every week they might just drag us there.

Neilson deserves the abuse.....?

Isn't great that we are not all just great, loyal fans, but we have been criminally over-looked to play for Heart of Midlothian??

If you you think think that Robbie Neilson is ......

Acht...why bother, you obviously know so much, it's not even bother discussing

See the part of my post which reads "as unlikely as it might be".

I spoke theoretically.

I notice you dont have much to say in response to it.

Difficult to respond sensibly to a senseless post!

Isn't great that we are not all just great, loyal fans, but we have been criminally over-looked to play for Heart of Midlothian??

If I turned up to my work and was as out of my depth as Neilson is, I'd be expecting abuse too. Forget the abuse actually, I'd be out the door before I knew it.

Unsure what you mean by the rest of the post, I've read it three times and still don't know what your getting at.

Then switch off your PC, there's a good chap! ;)

By the way see before you get all up-ity' date=' I suggest you get yer facts right.

MDV and Maybury were sold for (I think) ?150k.

Only Skippy-on-Ice went for "hee-haw".[/quote']

Ha Ha!! That's cheered me right up! Pot Kettle Black.

In modern day footballing transfers, I think ?150k amounts to Hee Haw, wouldn't you?

Difficult to respond sensibly to a senseless post!

Whats senseless about it?

My point is that no matter how much Robbie does RIGHT - he'll always have folk on his back when he makes the slightest mistake.

Meanwhile, there are others who can do no wrong a la kingston.

I think Robbie could score a hat-trick and make 4 goal saving tackles at the other end and still folk would find reason to give him dogs abuse for having his shirt un-tucked or something.

Ha Ha!! That's cheered me right up! Pot Kettle Black.

In modern day footballing transfers' date=' I think ?150k amounts to Hee Haw, wouldn't you?[/quote']

Cheered up because you made an er$e of yourself?

Strange boy!!:confused:

Whats senseless about it?

My point is that no matter how much Robbie does RIGHT - he'll always have folk on his back when he makes the slightest mistake.

Meanwhile, there are others who can do no wrong a la kingston.

I think Robbie could score a hat-trick and make 4 goal saving tackles at the other end and still folk would find reason to give him dogs abuse for having his shirt un-tucked or something.

Another senseless post! :rolleyes:

[/b]

Another senseless post! :rolleyes:

Another predictable avoidance of the point being made.

If you cant actually debate whats being said - seriously, dont bother replying, its getting boring.

Another predictable avoidance of the point being made.

If you cant actually debate whats being said - seriously, dont bother replying, its getting boring.

What POINT???

You are no longer debating - this dross about Neilson scoring hatricks and goal line rescues is NONSENSE!!!!

Cheered up because you made an er$e of yourself?

Strange boy!!:confused:

I don't like to use the same tired phrase twice, but...

POT KETTLE BLACK

Stop talking like your superior to others, it does you no favours.

I have debated with you for a while and only after asking the same question about 3 times did you bother to reply to it and even then it was a complete cop out.

If you want to revert to name calling, bash on mate, you'll have to forgive me for not joining in.

What POINT???

You are no longer debating - this dross about Neilson scoring hatricks and goal line rescues is NONSENSE!!!!

The point that no matter what he does and how many GOOD things he does - Neilson is only ever ONE mistake away from getting utter dogs abuse, whilst others are free to make far more errors / mistakes which go un-noticed.

I'm done with you.

What POINT???

I think one of the points the guy raised was made theoretically, but you took it as literal to suit your childish agenda, again.

Why don't you write to Hearts for the attention of Robbie Neilson if you think he is so bad and is robbing the club, because most folk are clearly bored with your endless and obvious ranting.

This thread has descended into drivel so i'm happy to say tatty bye and let you have the last word, it really doesn't matter :(

I don't like to use the same tired phrase twice' date=' but...

POT KETTLE BLACK

Stop talking like your superior to others, it does you no favours.

I have debated with you for a while and only after asking the same question about 3 times did you bother to reply to it and even then it was a complete cop out.

If you want to revert to name calling, bash on mate, you'll have to forgive me for not joining in.[/quote']

"Cop out" what cop out?

I gave my opinion why the list of Managers thrown at me had picked Neilson.

I also said I did not have a clue why Vlad has not put his hand in his pocket to buy a quality RB.

What more do you want???

The point that no matter what he does and how many GOOD things he does - Neilson is only ever ONE mistake away from getting utter dogs abuse, whilst others are free to make far more errors / mistakes which go un-noticed.

I'm done with you.

Thank god for that! :rolleyes:

I think one of the points the guy raised was made theoretically, but you took it as literal to suit your childish agenda, again.

Why don't you write to Hearts for the attention of Robbie Neilson if you think he is so bad and is robbing the club, because most folk are clearly bored with your endless and obvious ranting.

This thread has descended into drivel so i'm happy to say tatty bye and let you have the last word, it really doesn't matter :(

You certainly have!!;)

Eya, t'ndluoc eb desra gniog eht elohw goh.

S'taht ruof nwod, xis sdrawkcab stsop ot og dna I niw eht teb. Tahw a efil I dael.

When I saw the Firefox add-in that rearranges text, I remember wondering who the heck would ever need such a thing.

Now I know. :laugh:

If he was rank he would NOT have been selected by 6 or 7 managers, including one of the most successful Scotland bosses for years.

People like me wind you up, I can assure you that the feeling is completely mutual!! So we have something in common. People will no longer give credit where credit is due because their opinion of someone will not be changed regardless of the level of their recent performances.

Neilson & Elliot are never going to be remembered as Hearts greats, but I don't want either to GTF as you put it. Elliot may still come good if Hearts improve as a team and create chances for him, Robbie will always give us his best and the majority of the time it is good enough (Just not for everyone sadly)

Players who have been consistently worse than Robbie this season:

Kurskis - not played enough to have been consistenly worse

Bassa - See above

Wallace - Ill give you

Goncalves -Basically the same player but with pace and on the left

Stewart - ill give you this one too

Audrey - agree

Nade - Nade has been better than neilson this season

With the expeption of the first 2 nightmares I don't see many threads about the above players wishing they would GTF and 2 of them will be taking home more ??? than Mr Neilson every week.

imo of course.

What gets me most about these threads is the implied idea that giving someone abuse can be justified if they're not deemed to be good enough. Standard social norms go flying out of the window the minute some people get through the turnstiles it seems.

If he were lazy, I'd get it. Or if he couldn't care less, I'd understand. But he's not either of those things and right now I'm even more grateful than I might normally be for those players who go out there and play like it matters to them. As others have already mentioned, he's not the greatest player in the world but I'll feel compelled to stick up for him for as long as he's unfairly singled out.

As for Saturday, I thought he was one of our stand out players...I'd have split my MOM between him and Miko, for sure. That doesn't happen very often right enough but I believe in giving credit where it's due and he absolutely deserved some.

Neilson is rubbish. He simply does not merit selection.

Our defence has 6 shut outs in their last 7 non-OF games. 1 goal conceded in that time (from a bottle crash by Karipidis). 2 players have played in defence for all of those. And one of them does not merit selection? Havers.

Can I just say...

Neilson - May be a trier, may be a nice guy and may not deserve the full amount of abuse he gets but he is at best average and at worst garbage with 2 memorable moments in his time at Hearts.

Elliot - See Robbie only he doesn't try so much and fully deserves a hell of a lot of the stick he gets. Slow, positionally clueless at times and miles away from being a prolific goalscorer.

Oh and don't bother with the confidence stuff...Having confidence will not turn either Neilson or Elliot (nor in fact any number of others) into skilled footballers. I'm a confident driver...it don't make me Michael Schumacher.

And you know what? Frail (and MummyJambo) want us to get off their backs to help their confidence...when exactly are they gonna do something to help mine cause I have absolutely no confidence when I walk into Tynie these days.

Noslien thgim eb hsip, tub eh ysawla sevig %001. Hcihw sekam ti yako, yltnerrappa. Neve nhew s'eh gniwom eht nwal, eh sevig %001 fo rewomnwal noitca, os eno-on yllaer stnaw ot llet mih taht sih s'nedrag yllautca devap.

The backward writing is clever, but really annoying.

However I found that post one of the funniest things ive read in ages

Archived