Take a look!

MummyJambo

Ray Winstone
If he was rank he would NOT have been selected by 6 or 7 managers, including one of the most successful Scotland bosses for years.

People like me wind you up, I can assure you that the feeling is completely mutual!! So we have something in common. People will no longer give credit where credit is due because their opinion of someone will not be changed regardless of the level of their recent performances.

Neilson & Elliot are never going to be remembered as Hearts greats, but I don't want either to GTF as you put it. Elliot may still come good if Hearts improve as a team and create chances for him, Robbie will always give us his best and the majority of the time it is good enough (Just not for everyone sadly)

Players who have been consistently worse than Robbie this season:

Kurskis

Bassa

Wallace

Goncalves

Stewart

Audrey

Nade

With the expeption of the first 2 nightmares I don't see many threads about the above players wishing they would GTF and 2 of them will be taking home more ??? than Mr Neilson every week.

You are living in a dreamworld - lets go through your points.

Neilson was kept in the team by all those managers because there has been no viable alternatives since Maybury left (wasnt that a long time ago)

He was picked ONCE for Scotland because once again there were so many injury problems that there was knowone else to pick - and incase you had forgoten he was not exactly brilliant for Scotland. (Notice Burley does not have him in his squad - interesting)

Elliot played in a good Hearts team under Rix and gave us a goal rate of something like 5 in over 25 games!

As for the other players - people are generally in agreement about how rank Kurskis, Basso, Goncalves and Audrey are - and Stewart and Nade have come in for some stick as well!

The problem is people seem to think giving 100% is an excuse for being rank almost every week! Dont be fooled - Robbie is taking home a substantial wage every week and like most in our squad he definitely is not earning it!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Elliot! Maybe if you boo boys got off his back, he might get his confidence back.

Do you think it helps any player getting abuse from their own fans

even before he comes on the pitch! Hmm think not pal!

I quite like Clum too. But to be honest he is more Kelty Hearts than HOMFC. Given that we are botton six, why not loan him to Kaunas for the summer to get him some confidence back ? He surely cannot fail in the Lithy leagu. FFS even Beniuseless managed to score here.

rudi must stay
I quite like Clum too. But to be honest he is more Kelty Hearts than HOMFC. Given that we are botton six, why not loan him to Kaunas for the summer to get him some confidence back ? He surely cannot fail in the Lithy leagu. FFS even Beniuseless managed to score here.

crap league, crap team, unknown country to him, unknown language. That would do exactly the opposite he'd be even less confident

crap league, crap team, unknown country to him, unknown language. That would do exactly the opposite he'd be even less confident

Lithuania is not a difficult country in which to live nowadays...especially in summer. And the pitch, goal and ball are all the same size. How difficult can it really be ?

rudi must stay
Lithuania is not a difficult country in which to live nowadays...especially in summer. And the pitch, goal and ball are all the same size. How difficult can it really be ?

true, it has improved as a country. I doubt he'd really want to go there though which means he's not going to try to do well on the pitch so the loan would be a waste of time imo

Re the OP - how to shoot yourself in the foot in a few simple steps.

Step 1: Slag off those who dare criticise / abuse players who are not good enough to represent our club.

Step 2: After slagging those off who abuse our players, then admit to sarcastically applauding the successful completion of a pass made by one of our own players who YOU think is not good enough. Sarcastic applauding is essentially the same as booing. Its abuse either way.

Step 3: Conclude with a token "better fan than thou as I go to away games" remark.

Regarding Neilson - he gets cut NO slack any more. I'm no great Robbie lover, but at the same time, I'm not one of his critics either.

Prime example of folk judging Neilson differently..... lets compare a left back with a "silky" midfielder. Surely you'd expect the silky ????? player to have a better touch than a left back?

Well..... Robbie makes a bad touch that see's him run the ball out of play on the Wheatfield side - cue boo's / abuse from the fans.

Larry "gonna be worth ?3 million cos i'm so silky" Kingston does EXACTLY the same thing, just about in exactly the same spot (near the half way line)..... NOT A PEEP. No boo's no abuse, at worst just a bit of a disappointed sigh.

Your arrogance stinks, and your signature sums you up pretty well.

Football is about opinions, Hearts are no different, and yet you have the arrogance to be blinkered that only yours are worth listening too. I have disagreed with you, but I would not say you are living in a dreamworld, you are entitled to your opinion, I have merely debated it with you.

The old "There was no viable alternative" is a lot of crap and most folk will have the common sense to see that.

How many players have Hearts signed in the last 5-6 years? I would take a guess at anywhere upwards of 50, but none of these could have been right backs if the manager wanted Neilson replaced??? Ok, i'm living in a dreamworld...... :confused:

Regarding Neilson - he gets cut NO slack any more. I'm no great Robbie lover, but at the same time, I'm not one of his critics either.

Prime example of folk judging Neilson differently..... lets compare a left back with a "silky" midfielder. Surely you'd expect the silky ????? player to have a better touch than a left back?

Well..... Robbie makes a bad touch that see's him run the ball out of play on the Wheatfield side - cue boo's / abuse from the fans.

Larry "gonna be worth ?3 million cos i'm so silky" Kingston does EXACTLY the same thing, just about in exactly the same spot (near the half way line)..... NOT A PEEP. No boo's no abuse, at worst just a bit of a disappointed sigh.

Well said.

This is the point that really gets to me on match days, I don't worship the ground Robbie Neilson walks on, but I will continue to stick up for him on here until he's given a fair crack of the whip by some fans. He is nowhere near being our worst player this season, but judging by comments on kickback you would think he has single handedly put us 7th in the league.

I watched Bruno Aguiar play 5 failed passes, almost one after another, down at Stranraer last season and didn't hear one fan complain, Robbie made ONE bad pass and the away end was full of groans and shouts to have him subbed. It's unbelievable.

When Hearts sign a right back who I believe is more reliable than Neilson I will lend my support to him instead and I won't be bothered that Neilson is not playing, until that happens he will have my 100% support.

.... Any chance of us getting Maybury in the summer?? ;)

Neilson was kept in the team by all those managers because there has been no viable alternatives since Maybury left (wasnt that a long time ago)

He was picked ONCE for Scotland because once again there were so many injury problems that there was knowone else to pick - and incase you had forgoten he was not exactly brilliant for Scotland. (Notice Burley does not have him in his squad - interesting)

The problem is people seem to think giving 100% is an excuse for being rank almost every week! Dont be fooled - Robbie is taking home a substantial wage every week and like most in our squad he definitely is not earning it!

Neilson has been picked by Jefferies, Peter Houston, Levein, McGlynn, Burley, all Romanov's acolytes and Frail for Hearts. He was picked for several squads by Walter Smith, captained the Scotland Futures side and had a good game against Ukraine, with a great cross that Miller should have scored from. I would expect that if he keeps up his recent good form, that he will again challenge for international places. I should have kept some of the posts on KB from people who poured scorn on my suggestion 5 or 6 years ago that he would play for Scotland.

There has been plenty opportunity to bring in a better right back - the likes of Tall, Kancelskis, Barasa etc have been signed and failed to replace Neilson.

I don't think Neilson has been rank every week - just to make one point, if we had a key defender who had been rank every week would our defence be on a run of 7 games in a row against non OF teams in the SPL when we have lost just 1 goal? Also, when we have players who do not put in full effort each week - I would rather the fans aim the bile at those who do not put in full effort.

Neilson has been picked by Jefferies, Peter Houston, Levein, McGlynn, Burley, all Romanov's acolytes and Frail for Hearts. He was picked for several squads by Walter Smith, captained the Scotland Futures side and had a good game against Ukraine, with a great cross that Miller should have scored from. I would expect that if he keeps up his recent good form, that he will again challenge for international places. I should have kept some of the posts on KB from people who poured scorn on my suggestion 5 or 6 years ago that he would play for Scotland.

There has been plenty opportunity to bring in a better right back - the likes of Tall, Kancelskis, Barasa etc have been signed and failed to replace Neilson.

I don't think Neilson has been rank every week - just to make one point, if we had a key defender who had been rank every week would our defence be on a run of 7 games in a row against non OF teams in the SPL when we have lost just 1 goal? Also, when we have players who do not put in full effort each week - I would rather the fans aim the bile at those who do not put in full effort.

Good point well made. It just shows you that the guys who consistently berate him are NOT in the majority, regardless of how much they like to think they are.

Robbie IMHO is not good enough for where we as a support think we should be.

However, the one thing i'll say about Robbie is that he never hides during a game, bombs forward as much as possible and gives 100% Without Fail!

He is picked to do a job and he appears to carry it out to the best of his ability. The fact that the quality and his ability might not be enough is the fault or responsibility of the coaching staff and/or the recruitment policy.

Effort was sadly lacking from many of our so called ball players on Saturday.

However, the one thing i'll say about Robbie is that he never hides during a game, bombs forward as much as possible and gives 100% Without Fail!

He is picked to do a job and he appears to carry it out to the best of his ability. The fact that the quality and his ability might not be enough is the fault or responsibility of the coaching staff and/or the recruitment policy.

Can't disagree with that mate, you know i've never made him out to be a world beater, apart from that magical tackle at Hampden ;)

Just like to see him given a break that other players seem to get for the odd poor game.

See you Saturday, i'll bring your hat this time :P

just watching 'the big league weekend' before heading to work. had steve cotteril (think thats his name, ex scunthorpe, burnley?) on it. they were talking about the playoffs/promotion push in the lower leagues down south and how the fans can play a huge part in it. he was saying that ******-ups should be quickly forgotten about and to get behind your team for 90mins because in important matches if were to get on players backs after 1 or 2 mistakes then theyll be scared to make the pass. also saying how the fans sometimes dont realise how important that pass from a to b can be.

got me thinking im sure weve got a bit of that at hearts, some of the players are probably sh**ing themselves to play a ball or trying create a chance for all the abuse they'll get if it goes astray. but we wont create anything unless they try.

still its no excuse for the pitiful displays weve had to put up with all season.

just watching 'the big league weekend' before heading to work. had steve cotteril (think thats his name, ex scunthorpe, burnley?) on it. they were talking about the playoffs/promotion push in the lower leagues down south and how the fans can play a huge part in it. he was saying that ******-ups should be quickly forgotten about and to get behind your team for 90mins because in important matches if were to get on players backs after 1 or 2 mistakes then theyll be scared to make the pass. also saying how the fans sometimes dont realise how important that pass from a to b can be.

got me thinking im sure weve got a bit of that at hearts, some of the players are probably sh**ing themselves to play a ball or trying create a chance for all the abuse they'll get if it goes astray. but we wont create anything unless they try.

still its no excuse for the pitiful displays weve had to put up with all season.

Hearts players dont look scared to make a pass. They look half asleep / like they cant be ersed / are incapable of tieing their bootlaces let along making a decent pass.

gorgie rd eh11
Good point well made. It just shows you that the guys who consistently berate him are NOT in the majority, regardless of how much they like to think they are.

They are certainly not in the majority. Most people, regardless of how they rate certain players, can see that the constant abuse dished out will have a negative effect on performances, and therefore results.

Cutting off their nose to spite their face.

kennygarland1
Yep great idea.

Let's go back to crowds of 8/9 thousand every week and get all these glory hunting bassas to feck.

All these guys brining kids along, the next generation of fans. Get rid.

Only room for the real fans who have been going for 50 years.

People expect to see a team that tries. If that doesn't happen they have every fecking right to vent their anger.

That cheese must be strong

I reckon one of our major problems is that the players don?t find space to receive passes. When you watch a good team play the player with the ball always has at least 2-3 options for a pass. I think some of our team are so (how should I say this...? "Confident that their effort will be wasted" or "lacking in confidence in their teammate?s abilites") that they don?t make the runs. There are definite signs of laziness within our team and part of this may be due to the very limited passing abilities of the likes of Neilson, Goncalves, Zaliukas and even Berra. The only excetions in the back line is probably Karapidis. Was the fact he was missing last weekend more important than we thought?

I reckon one of our major problems is that the players don?t find space to receive passes. When you watch a good team play the player with the ball always has at least 2-3 options for a pass. I think some of our team are so (how should I say this...? "Confident that their effort will be wasted" or "lacking in confidence in their teammate?s abilites") that they don?t make the runs. There are definite signs of laziness within our team and part of this may be due to the very limited passing abilities of the likes of Neilson, Goncalves, Zaliukas and even Berra. The only excetions in the back line is probably Karapidis. Was the fact he was missing last weekend more important than we thought?

You have this the wrong way round.

Falkirk's midfield and defenders always had options for a short pass - the sort of position Brellier always made himself available for. That makes it easy for the other players to find them. When Jonsson doesn't play for us, not one of our midfield players (with the exception of Palazuelos) makes himself available for that short pass.

Some of our players - Elliot/Ivaskevicius/Stewart for example lack the football nous for the runs/positions required to make it easy for their teammates. But others - Kingston/Ksnavicius/Ivaskevicius are basically lazy players.

Add to that the lack of ability to hold the ball of players such as Velicka/Ksnavicius/Elliot/Beniusis and you have a recipe for a poor team.

A combination of a lack of fitness, lack of motivation and sheer laziness has infected our side. Plenty people criticise our defenders for their distribution - but just watch how little effort our midfield/front players make to make themselves available for a pass.

loveofthegame

As long as there is such a poor excuse for a football side on the park the booing and harrassing will continue from some. It happens at every football ground across the world when things aren't going well- wake up and smell the ****ing roses. We're pish and thus there will be booing, get over it.

Unfortunately you cannot 'Mummy' the Hearts players.

The players should count themselves lucky that they're playing in Scotland and not Argentina otherwise we'd be storming in the dressing room after games to threaten them into playing well!!

(Note: i'm not really a booer but completely understand why so many choose too. They pay their money just like me and you and have every right to make their feelings clear)

(Note 2: Robbie Neilson could possibly be the nicest guy in Scotland with more love for Hearts then Mr Mackay and every poster on here combined but he'd STILL be a horrific excuse for a footballer. Its fact. The guy isn't good enough, sorry)

Geoff Kilpatrick

We've had no real movement up front since Bednar left but hey, he was rubbish apparently! :rolleyes:

(Note 2: Robbie Neilson could possibly be the nicest guy in Scotland with more love for Hearts then Mr Mackay and every poster on here combined but he'd STILL be a horrific excuse for a footballer. Its fact. The guy isn't good enough, sorry)

That is not a fact.

We've had no real movement up front since Bednar left but hey, he was rubbish apparently! :rolleyes:

Couldn't believe the rubbish that was on here about Bednar, but some people see things differently!:P

"Bombs forward"???????:confused:

Robbie resembles an OAP wading through a swamp!!

He does however run with 100% effort! :rolleyes:

loveofthegame
That is not a fact.

The majority seem to disagree. Anyone that watches Hearts on a reg basis can see he is clearly not good enough.

It is a fact

The majority seem to disagree. Anyone that watches Hearts on a reg basis can see he is clearly not good enough.

It is a fact

i agree he is not good enough but surely that still just makes it an opinion of the majority? we are right but its not a fact.

It is a fact

It is not a fact, it is an opinion. It may be shared with some, it may not be shared with others.

It has not been shared with Jefferies, Houston, Levein, McGlynn, Burley, Romanov, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Korobochka, Chernenkov, Frail and Walter Smith.

kennygarland1
As long as there is such a poor excuse for a football side on the park the booing and harrassing will continue from some. It happens at every football ground across the world when things aren't going well- wake up and smell the ****ing roses. We're pish and thus there will be booing, get over it.

Unfortunately you cannot 'Mummy' the Hearts players.

The players should count themselves lucky that they're playing in Scotland and not Argentina otherwise we'd be storming in the dressing room after games to threaten them into playing well!!

(Note: i'm not really a booer but completely understand why so many choose too. They pay their money just like me and you and have every right to make their feelings clear)

This crap about they pay their money they are entitled to boo crap is exactly that CRAP.You pay your money to go SUPPORT and WATCH your team,if you dont like what you are seeing dont go,it's as simple as that.You have NO right to abuse anyone,let alone someone who is wearing the jersey.

Re the OP - how to shoot yourself in the foot in a few simple steps.

Step 1: Slag off those who dare criticise / abuse players who are not good enough to represent our club.

Step 2: After slagging those off who abuse our players, then admit to sarcastically applauding the successful completion of a pass made by one of our own players who YOU think is not good enough. Sarcastic applauding is essentially the same as booing. Its abuse either way.

Step 3: Conclude with a token "better fan than thou as I go to away games" remark.

The answer is surely obvious.

Kingston taking a bad touch is a rare occurance and as such the fans will cut him a bit of slack.

On the other hand after watching Neilson shinning the ball out of touch, or blootering the ball into the stand for 10 years, the fans have had enough!

Cut US a bit of slack by getting shot of this donkey once and for all!

I boo the Hearts "players" who couldn't give a **** about our club and who dont try a leg.

If that doesn't make me a true fan then so be it.

Infact I wasn't going to renew next season but I think I might do it just to annoy fans like you ;)

kennygarland1
I boo the Hearts "players" who couldn't give a **** about our club and who dont try a leg.

If that doesn't make me a true fan then so be it.

Infact I wasn't going to renew next season but I think I might do it just to annoy fans like you ;)

So be it.

It is not a fact, it is an opinion. It may be shared with some, it may not be shared with others.

It has not been shared with Jefferies, Houston, Levein, McGlynn, Burley, Romanov, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Korobochka, Chernenkov, Frail and Walter Smith.

Can't argue that Robbie was picked by all of these guys.

IMO it was not to do with his ability but due to the fact that they all had no other options for the RB position.

I do find it remarkable that a player of such poor ability has managed to continue to play, due to this situation at Hearts and (once) at National level.

On the other hand after watching Neilson shinning the ball out of touch, or blootering the ball into the stand for 10 years, the fans have had enough!

Oh changing the record now are we? I was under the impression that he didn't deserve a testimonial as he HADN'T played for the last 10 seasons??

Some folk on here are unbelievable :confused:

Oh changing the record now are we? I was under the impression that he didn't deserve a testimonial as he HADN'T played for the last 10 seasons??

Some folk on here are unbelievable :confused:

I think you will find he was also shinning the ball out of play at Q of S!! ;)

Can't argue that Robbie was picked by all of these guys.

IMO it was not to do with his ability but due to the fact that they all had no other options for the RB position.

I do find it remarkable that a player of such poor ability has managed to continue to play, due to this situation at Hearts and (once) at National level.

As I said in another post, Hearts must have signed upwards of 50 players in the last 5-6 years, are you honestly trying to tell me that none of the managers/coaches had the opportunity to sign a right back?????

If you believe that then it says a lot more about your opinions than mine.

Indeed your right, defending Neilson truly is unbelievable.

Another awesome contribution to the forum :sad:

the voice from above

apathy rules at tynie, in the dugout, in the stands and on the pitch.

robbie is an average at best, gives his all but that's not much usually, but if he'd moved to dundee utd in january he'd be playing to a far higher standard and would be one of the better SPL right backs.

basically, he's playing ****e, but it's not all his fault.

As I said in another post, Hearts must have signed upwards of 50 players in the last 5-6 years, are you honestly trying to tell me that none of the managers/coaches had the opportunity to sign a right back?????

If you believe that then it says a lot more about your opinions than mine.

Well said.

robbie is an average at best, gives his all but that's not much usually, but if he'd moved to dundee utd in january he'd be playing to a far higher standard and would be one of the better SPL right backs.

That's a decent point, he was also part of the best defence in the SPL for much of the 05/06 season.

However, I still don't understand how you come to the conclusion that his current performances are ****e? He was solid at Inverness and solid on Saturday with the expeption of one truly bizarre touch on the right flank. He blocked certain goals in both games, that's good enough defending for me.

The answer is surely obvious.

Kingston taking a bad touch is a rare occurance and as such the fans will cut him a bit of slack.

Aaaah i get it.

Kingston is 'above' human error. Neilson is not.

Cool.

Maybe the reason Kingstons not made as many mistakes as Robbie and the mistakes he HAS made have been a rare occurance have been because he's spent more time pinching wages sitting in the stands or playing for his country than he has playing in maroon.....

Say what you like about Neilson, I certainly aint seen him sat on his @rse at the wrong end of the pitch whilst the play rages on in another area of the feild.

Aaaah i get it.

Kingston is 'above' human error. Neilson is not.

Cool.

Maybe the reason Kingstons not made as many mistakes as Robbie and the mistakes he HAS made have been a rare occurance have been because he's spent more time pinching wages sitting in the stands or playing for his country than he has playing in maroon.....

Say what you like about Neilson, I certainly aint seen him sat on his @rse at the wrong end of the pitch whilst the play rages on in another area of the feild.

Unfortunately you refuse to "get it" as far as Neilson is concerned!

Try reading my post before spinning off in your usual Robbie defense.

I did not say that Kingston was above human error - no player is. The point is that Neilson is error prone and makes them on a regular basis. Many have now completely lost patience with him hence the reaction when he lost control of the ball AGAIN!

As for Kingston not making as many mistakes as Robbie because he has not played as many games - only a Robbie-ite could come up with that one!:rolleyes:

And finally whilst I have not seen Robbie sitting on his @rse at the other end of the pitch, he has recently ended up on his @rse in our box when we have lost goals this season!

(Rangers 2nd goal in LC and their 3rd goal in the league game before you ask!:rolleyes:)

Listen mate moving to Real Madrid would not turn Neilson in to a footballer.

Do you really believe that a change of club would magically give him pace and ball control??:confused:

I could say the same thing about you but change the last word to "abuse"

And when will you answer the question I posed about a Hearts manager not sounding out a replacement right back for Robbie over the last 5-6 years given that we have probably signed over 50 players?? You seem to bodyswerve the questions that you don't fancy and revert back to your usual tripe.

I did not say that Kingston was above human error - no player is. The point is that Neilson is error prone and makes them on a regular basis. Many have now completely lost patience with him hence the reaction when he lost control of the ball AGAIN!

As for Kingston not making as many mistakes as Robbie because he has not played as many games - only a Robbie-ite could come up with that one!:rolleyes:

And finally whilst I have not seen Robbie sitting on his @rse at the other end of the pitch, he has recently ended up on his @rse in our box when we have lost goals this season!

(Rangers 2nd goal in LC and their 3rd goal in the league game before you ask!:rolleyes:)

Oh dear oh dear. I'm no Robbie-ite as i've already stated if you'd managed to read my post.

I dont think he's great. However, I also dont think he's even half as bad as he's made out to be.

Robbie deserves as much / little slack as anyone else in the team. If mis-controlling the ball on the half way line is enough to merit a boo, then its enough to merit a boo regardless of the player involved.

Consistency would be nice..... if you must boo, boo based on the action, not the culprit.

That's a decent point, he was also part of the best defence in the SPL for much of the 05/06 season.

However, I still don't understand how you come to the conclusion that his current performances are ****e? He was solid at Inverness and solid on Saturday with the expeption of one truly bizarre touch on the right flank. He blocked certain goals in both games, that's good enough defending for me.

Tipping Robbie to pip McGeady for Scottish Player of the Year are we??:rolleyes:

Oh dear oh dear. I'm no Robbie-ite as i've already stated if you'd managed to read my post.

I dont think he's great. However, I also dont think he's even half as bad as he's made out to be.

Robbie deserves as much / little slack as anyone else in the team. If mis-controlling the ball on the half way line is enough to merit a boo, then its enough to merit a boo regardless of the player involved.

Consistency would be nice..... if you must boo, boo based on the action, not the culprit.

That's not the reality of football. It's not just down to one single action is it.

Consider this - a player scores 3 goals in a game and in the last minute misses a sitter - do you think anybody is going to give him pelters?

Now consider fans reaction to a player who misses 3 sitters, then misses another in the last minute.

Get my drift?

Tipping Robbie to pip McGeady for Scottish Player of the Year are we??:rolleyes:

No, he's never been the best player in the Hearts team, never mind the Scottish Premier League. You mistake my defence of Neilson for something else, I don't think he's the best player at Hearts, I don't think he's the best defender at Hearts, I DO think he's the best right back at Hearts and I DO think he is unfairly treated by some fans. That is all, I don't come on here defending him to wind-up yourself or people of the same opinion. I just give mine and ask people to explain theirs.

On that subject, I still don't think my question from a few posts ago has been answered..... ;)

That's not the reality of football. It's not just down to one single action is it.

Consider this - a player scores 3 goals in a game and in the last minute misses a sitter - do you think anybody is going to give him pelters?

Now consider fans reaction to a player who misses 3 sitters, then misses another in the last minute.

Get my drift?

No because he only made 1 big error on Saturday and was still boo'd so your theory is shot to pieces

Archived