Videos of Vladimir Romanov from last nights HMSA dinner

Craigieboy

That's their right, of course. But they're on to a very good thing right now. I hope they're not stupid enough to **** it up.

And if anyone messes with the legend that is Sir Jim of Jefferies, well.... :Bazooka:

Agreed. Imagine if they had a track record of making rash decisions tho! :o;)

jack D and coke

What on earth Romanov was trying to do there is anyone's guess but I don't like it one little bit. He's a f***** lunatic let's make no bones about it he probably thinks Jefferies took a bribe or something to throw the match. Heaven forbid if we lose today and next week at the Huns what will be going through his head.

Just when he seems to be taking a back seat up he pops with his insane ramblings.

I'm a big JJ fan, was delighted when he came back to the club and hope he'll be here for a long time.

But as someone who was at Celtic Park on Wednesday night and has seen us regularly at Celtic Park over the last few years my view is that the tactics on Wednesday were very naive. Why?

1. All our best performances at Celtic Park in recent years have been with a 4-5-1 formation. That system makes us hard to break down and gives the wide men licence to get forward on the counter attack;

2. If you speak to Celtic fans, most will confirm that the teams that play 4-5-1 at Parkhead generally prove the toughest opponents

3. Even though JJ had decided to go with a 4-4-2 formation, it was obvious after 5 minutes on Wednesday night that it was not working. we were being overrun in midfield. I just cannot comprehend why he didn't change it.

The point I am making is that I as a fan was angry about the result on Wednesday night - and I can understand why the owner of the club is.

Yes Celtic played well and yes some of our players individually had a poor game - but to suggest that the scoreline was just "one of those things" is far too simplistic. One should always try and analyse what went wrong.

I just hope that JJ learns the lessons of Wednesday night for next time.

I'm a big JJ fan, was delighted when he came back to the club and hope he'll be here for a long time.

But as someone who was at Celtic Park on Wednesday night and has seen us regularly at Celtic Park over the last few years my view is that the tactics on Wednesday were very naive. Why?

1. All our best performances at Celtic Park in recent years have been with a 4-5-1 formation. That system makes us hard to break down and gives the wide men licence to get forward on the counter attack;

2. If you speak to Celtic fans, most will confirm that the teams that play 4-5-1 at Parkhead generally prove the toughest opponents

3. Even though JJ had decided to go with a 4-4-2 formation, it was obvious after 5 minutes on Wednesday night that it was not working. we were being overrun in midfield. I just cannot comprehend why he didn't change it.

The point I am making is that I as a fan was angry about the result on Wednesday night - and I can understand why the owner of the club is.

Yes Celtic played well and yes some of our players individually had a poor game - but to suggest that the scoreline was just "one of those things" is far too simplistic. One should always try and analyse what went wrong.

I just hope that JJ learns the lessons of Wednesday night for next time.

Common sense at last.

Right. "over-achieving hugely over the previous couple of months" So we over-achieved in winning 10 games out of 11?

"Any reasonable owner"? "Lets be havin yoooouuuu" Backyard etc

"Progress that has been made" Who the feck appointed them????

and the rest is just the normal shoite you get from a hobo

FTH

:yawn:

Yes, 10 wins from 11 did constitute over-achievement. So does 45 points from 22 games, a brilliant record, way beyond what almost anyone on here imagined pre-season. We're a work in progress, and this was meant to be a transitional season, not a title challenging one.

But the problem with over-achievement is it raises expectations beyond a realistic level, and means if a bad patch follows, there's fury and recrimination when all that's happening is what statisticians call a regression to the mean. In other words, the management and players get no credit for over-achieving, all the blame for a sticky patch afterwards.

And yes, Romanov appointed JJ. Good. He's the ideal manager for this club, and VR has behaved much more sensibly in recent times. Those of us worried by his comments are just hoping this continues.

Archived