Videos of Vladimir Romanov from last nights HMSA dinner

Craigieboy

I only took a couple of videos as my arm was sore holding up my phone during the 'Vladrants.' And to be honest these are not that informative.

From the outset this video is talking about Rudi Skacels 1st spell at Hearts and how he was advised to stay on at the club for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_OS--bvI6c

This longer video starts with his thoughts on the Celtic game, concluding with VR asking the fans they're thoughts on the poor performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIwPwvFIbrU

I wish I had recorded more of the dialogue after working out how to upload stuff to Youtube. There was some funny moments & his reply to the guy who slated him for hiring so many managers was brilliant - "I thank you for being so concerned about how I spend my money." He is a very dry character. And last night, imo, he looked troubled & concerned. He didn't seem relaxed at all.

Just my tuppenceworth of course. Hopefully the visit goes well & he returns to Lithuania without rocking the boat.

After watching the second clip, I can't help but feel uneasy about Romanov looking for the fans' opinions on Parkhead. Could understand if JJ felt pretty undermined by that.

Not that it's possible to second guess him, but was Vladimir critical of JJ re the Celtic game?

No. The team got it.

After watching the second clip, I can't help but feel uneasy about Romanov looking for the fans' opinions on Parkhead. Could understand if JJ felt pretty undermined by that.

I wouldn't think so.

I agree not sure if Jim was there but and it is through interp but that is pretty worrying , was good to hear guy just as clip cut of saying about Kyle his answe would have been interesting !!!!

I think maybe he is taking into account the fans feelings for a change, trying to get a finger on the pulse of Hearts Fc (us)? :mellow:

There's nothing wrong with the owner being passionate. And Hearts are a big club with expectations to match. But that clip makes me deeply, deeply uneasy.

Essentially, what happened on Wednesday was we hit a wall after over-achieving hugely over the previous couple of months. Any reasonable owner would take a much broader view, appreciate the progress that has been made and also appreciate that if he wants to win the title, much more investment in the squad is needed. Trouble is, 'reasonable' isn't exactly Vladimir Romanov's middle name - and the bizarre thing is I swear he's preternaturally more likely to rock the boat when we're doing really well than in more troubled times.

JJ knows life will never be simple with Vlad. But he can't be happy about those comments at all.

There's nothing wrong with the owner being passionate. And Hearts are a big club with expectations to match. But that clip makes me deeply, deeply uneasy.

Essentially, what happened on Wednesday was we hit a wall after over-achieving hugely over the previous couple of months. Any reasonable owner would take a much broader view, appreciate the progress that has been made and also appreciate that if he wants to win the title, much more investment in the squad is needed. Trouble is, 'reasonable' isn't exactly Vladimir Romanov's middle name - and the bizarre thing is I swear he's preternaturally more likely to rock the boat when we're doing really well than in more troubled times.

JJ knows life will never be simple with Vlad. But he can't be happy about those comments at all.

I felt uneasy too at the beginning of his chat. He sort of came out all guns blazing about Wednesday night.

Then he was a bit more reasonable.

Having spoke to the other director guy, I felt much better as he said that VR really likes Jim.

I mentioned that the Hearts fans have great affection for JJ & that they wouldn't take kindly to him being mistreated by the club. The guy just looked at me.

At the end of the day, they don't give a ****. They'll do exactly what they want.

I felt uneasy too at the beginning of his chat. He sort of came out all guns blazing about Wednesday night.

Having spoke to the other director guy, I felt much better as he said that VR really likes Jim.

I mentioned that the Hearts fans have great affection for JJ & that they wouldn't take kindly to him being mistreated by the club. The guy just looked at me.

At the end of the day, they don't give a ****. They'll do exactly what they want.

That's their right, of course. But they're on to a very good thing right now. I hope they're not stupid enough to **** it up.

And if anyone messes with the legend that is Sir Jim of Jefferies, well.... :Bazooka:

Charlie-Brown

Think some are over analysing the video

exactly .... it's impossible to judge the context at all unless you can see what was said before and after and how it was said.

Mabye his response was so because your comment was totally uncalled for? :huh:

Vlad signed him, has provided funds for him and more importantly has kept his hands out fo the club for the past 12 months! Also, bar Burley, none of the other managers were mistreated. Poor results and signings led to their sacking.

Context is key, yes you're both absolutely right on that, and I did think that as soon as I had posted.

But the lad has previous!

Vlad signed him, has provided funds for him and more importantly has kept his hands out fo the club for the past 12 months! Also, bar Burley, none of the other managers were mistreated. Poor results and signings led to their sacking.

Uncalled for? It wasn't laid down as some sort of uber fan ultimatum FFS. It was said in general conversation in relation to how VR has felt about other managers.

Is any Hearts fan completely confident that it is beyond VR to fall out with & sack JJ at any point?

This was a topic of conversation in the pub recently & all agreed that they have had this thought enter their mind at some point.

I'm all for praising VR for appointing JJ in the first place & his continued support is superb but lets not kid ourselves about the possibility of things going tits up suddenly.

Uncalled for? It wasn't laid down as some sort of uber fan ultimatum FFS. It was said in general conversation in relation to how VR has felt about other managers.

Is any Hearts fan completely confident that it is beyond VR to fall out with & sack JJ at any point?

This was a topic of conversation in the pub recently & all agreed that they have had this thought enter their mind at some point.

I'm all for praising VR for appointing JJ in the first place & his continued support is superb but lets not kid ourselves about the possibility of things going tits up suddenly.

Just seemed to me in your post like you were threatening him! :ninja::teehee:

I'll give you that he is extremely tempermental but I think he is a long way off falling out with JJ.

did someone really slate him for hiring so many managers?

jesus wept.

:facepalm:

there really are some utter raspers around.

Just seemed to me in your post like you were threatening him! :ninja::teehee:

I'll give you that he is extremely tempermental but I think he is a long way off falling out with JJ.

It was said more out of concern & looking for reassurance type thing. It does seem that VR has a great deal of time for JJ.

I actually feel that JJ is constantly playing a balancing act with Vlad. Due to his love for the club I have no doubt that he is putting up with a lot, just so he can continue to manage Hearts.

I'd be astonished if it turned out that in a whole year of working under Vlad, there hasn't been 'issues'.

Thanks for uploading they videos mate. interesting viewing.

Re the Celtic game, I'm sure we were all pretty concerned about how bad we played so his views pretty much match the opinions of most Hearts fans so nothing to worry about.

Uncalled for !! It seemed a reasonable thing to say from a fan who is concerned for his club considering the goings on at the club over the last few years. Dont think anyway that what Craig said was threatning towards the guy. <_<

And last night, imo, he looked troubled & concerned. He didn't seem relaxed at all.

No surprise cause things haven't been going well to say the least. Vlad's plan of substitutions lead to another loss for his basketball club and a lot of criticism from fans, media and pundits. In return, Vlad's media puppets made a response suggesting it was all a plot from the rival club and their evil owners.

As for the comments in the dinner (surprised Vlad made it in Lithuanian, not Russian), I would be concerned with the tone and him wanting to look in to things. For example this one - "it's strange how we lose to Celtic, and they come to Lithuania and lose to Kaunas". This might have been funny to everyone at the meeting but I'd say he meant it, it wasn't really a joke.

On the plus side, this visit was probably planned earlier so it's not likely he came with a specific decisions in mind.

You don't think that perhaps there's more than a bit of over-analysis going on here? huh.gif

If I had mucked up quite as spectacularly on an important work activity in the way that the team did on Wednesday I'd fully expect my boss to rip me a new one or ask questions at the very least. He owns the club, is it really any surprise that he wants an explanation? Jings, I'd quite like a flippin explanation from them too....

He stays away, he's getting it wrong. He turns up and takes an interest, he's getting it wrong. Give the man a break. He's asking fans what they think and I for one think that's brilliant - I'll leave the conspiracy theories and fishwifey'ing to them over at hobos.net.

You don't think that perhaps there's more than a bit of over-analysis going on here? huh.gif

If I had mucked up quite as spectacularly on an important work activity in the way that the team did on Wednesday I'd fully expect my boss to rip me a new one or ask questions at the very least. He owns the club, is it really any surprise that he wants an explanation? Jings, I'd quite like a flippin explanation from them too....

He stays away, he's getting it wrong. He turns up and takes an interest, he's getting it wrong. Give the man a break. He's asking fans what they think and I for one think that's brilliant - I'll leave the conspiracy theories and fishwifey'ing to them over at hobos.net.

Uh uh. I have no problem with him taking an interest or caring deeply about things at all. I do have a problem with him asking questions like that in public though: a big one. If, as you say, you mucked up as spectacularly on an important work activity as the team did on Wednesday, you'd expect to have a strip torn off you in private. But in public?

It's the same when managers publicly criticise players. What goes on in the dressing room should stay there; and what goes in between owner, manager and players should remain entirely between them. Otherwise, what results all too often is a mess.

you would think so, wouldn't you?

but no...

every tiniest nuance of language and modulation of voice must be crushed up, dissolved and fed into the kickback mass spectrometer to extract any evidence of jiggery-pokery most horrid.

it must be done. we need to know.

winston churchill

no vlad=no hearts.

have any of the kickback massive put more money in the club than wee vlad.

also.

wee vlads been to more hearts games than half of the kickbackers :lol:

Uh uh. I have no problem with him taking an interest or caring deeply about things at all. I do have a problem with him asking questions like that in public though: a big one. If, as you say, you mucked up as spectacularly on an important work activity as the team did on Wednesday, you'd expect to have a strip torn off you in private. But in public?

It's the same when managers publicly criticise players. What goes on in the dressing room should stay there; and what goes in between owner, manager and players should remain entirely between them. Otherwise, what results all too often is a mess.

Would I expect my employer to obtain feedback from those affected by my faux pas? Yep. I sure would. Would I expect my employer to put their hands up and admit that it was a complete and utter ****** up? Yep, I would. If he was getting a bit too personal about individuals or something then fine, but going by what has been reported about the event he doesn't seem to have done that. What was he meant to do? Stand there and smile and not mention the outcome of one of the most pivotal games in our season so far? I'm delighted that he's furious about it. I'm delighted because it suggests he's feeling the same way about it as the rest of us are.

Would I expect my employer to obtain feedback from those affected by my faux pas? Yep. I sure would. Would I expect my employer to put their hands up and admit that it was a complete and utter ****** up? Yep, I would. If he was getting a bit too personal about individuals or something then fine, but going by what has been reported about the event he doesn't seem to have done that. What was he meant to do? Stand there and smile and not mention the outcome of one of the most pivotal games in our season so far? I'm delighted that he's furious about it. I'm delighted because it suggests he's feeling the same way about it as the rest of us are.

Not at all. A simple "last night was hugely disappointing, but I'm delighted with this season, and now we must focus on getting our form and confidence back as soon as possible" would've sufficed. Meanwhile, just as your employer would, he could ask big questions behind the scenes - away from our prying eyes.

you would think so, wouldn't you?

but no...

every tiniest nuance of language and modulation of voice must be crushed up, dissolved and fed into the kickback mass spectrometer to extract any evidence of jiggery-pokery most horrid.

it must be done. we need to know.

I'm genuinely not calling anyone on this thread a Hibs fan when I say this....but it really is the most hobo'ish thing to do. We criticise the arse off them for getting overexcited about every tiny little thing that Vlad does or says and we mock their far-fetched interpretations of what it all means. Why bother? We hand them ammo ourselves.

The man asked questions and he was annoyed about the result. I really don't understand what the sinister part of that reaction is....

Not at all. A simple "last night was hugely disappointing, but I'm delighted with this season, and now we must focus on getting our form and confidence back as soon as possible" would've sufficed. Meanwhile, he could ask big questions behind the scenes - away from our prying eyes.

Er, no. It wouldn't have done! It certainly wouldn't have been enough for me anyway. Way I see it, if someone asked me what I thought about it all your comment above would probably explain it in a nutshell. But there's no way that would be my answer, I have much more to say about it than that. He's the owner Shaun, he's going to have plenty to say.

In fact, if Vlad was to come out with something as uncharacteristically succint as that, then I'd be worried. Or I'd think he had hired himself a new PR person....

like !!!

I'm genuinely not calling anyone on this thread a Hibs fan when I say this....but it really is the most hobo'ish thing to do. We criticise the arse off them for getting overexcited about every tiny little thing that Vlad does or says and we mock their far-fetched interpretations of what it all means. Why bother? We hand them ammo ourselves.

The man asked questions and he was annoyed about the result. I really don't understand what the sinister part of that reaction is....

completely agree.

the paralysis of analysis is alive and well.

vlad's a wee bit 'unorthodox' shall we say and quite a few people remain surprised that he doesn't fit some sort of identikit of the normal football club owner.

Er, no. It wouldn't have done! It certainly wouldn't have been enough for me anyway. Way I see it, if someone asked me what I thought about it all your comment above would probably explain it in a nutshell. But there's no way that would be my answer, I have much more to say about it than that. He's the owner Shaun, he's going to have plenty to say.

In fact, if Vlad was to come out with something as uncharacteristically succint as that, then I'd be worried. Or I'd think he had hired himself a new PR person....

PR people exist for a reason, you know: invariably to stop politicians or public figures digging themselves or others into a hole. The only person whose views I'm bothered about in this case are JJ's: does this help him? Or hinder him?

PR people exist for a reason, you know: invariably to stop politicians or public figures digging themselves or others into a hole. The only person whose views I'm bothered about in this case are JJ's: does this help him? Or hinder him?

I understand the value of PR Shaun...but that wasn't really my point... :)

JJ's thoughts on the matter are important but so are the thoughts of our owner. He needs to have an opinion on this stuff Shaun, otherwise he's just Tom Farmer.

I understand the value of PR Shaun...but that wasn't really my point... :)

JJ's thoughts on the matter are important but so are the thoughts of our owner. He needs to have an opinion on this stuff Shaun, otherwise he's just Tom Farmer.

An opinion? Sure. But a carefully expressed one in public at least: otherwise a drama soon turns into a crisis, especially in a 24/7 media age.

To draw a parallel: that Karren Brady cares about West Ham struggling is good. But that she writes articles openly criticising the team and manager in the press isn't.

An opinion? Sure. But a carefully expressed one in public at least: otherwise a drama soon turns into a crisis, especially in a 24/7 media age.

To draw a parallel: that Karren Brady cares about West Ham struggling is good. But that she writes articles openly criticising the team and manager in the press isn't.

After Karren Brady's rubbish performances on The Apprentice I'm tempted to think it's probably a good thing that she opts to keep her opinions to herself. Smart woman she might be, but she's anything but charismatic or inspiring. She's not even interesting. :biggrin:

Maybe that's how she does it, but she isn't our owner. I wouldn't want an owner who doesn't have some sort of passionate opinion about the footballing side of things. Anyway, what exactly did he say that was so bad? Sounds to me like he got it pretty much spot on, to coin an overused JKB phrase...

One thing about Vlad is he does things that on the continent wouldn't be given any air time,sacking umpteen managers is a thing the likes of real Madrid and inter Milan have always done[no I'm not comparing clubs]because the owner ultimately calls all the shots,I just wait till the next bit of drama that usually comes after a visit and carry on going to the games with my son as I'm used to it by now!

Konrad von Carstein

Perhaps she is hoping that the reaction will be a group response of "Right! We'll show that cow!" :mwah:

After Karren Brady's rubbish performances on The Apprentice I'm tempted to think it's probably a good thing that she opts to keep her opinions to herself. Smart woman she might be, but she's anything but charismatic or inspiring. She's not even interesting. :biggrin:

Maybe that's how she does it, but she isn't our owner. I wouldn't want an owner who doesn't have some sort of passionate opinion about the footballing side of things. Anyway, what exactly did he say that was so bad? Sounds to me like he got it pretty much spot on, to coin an overused JKB phrase...

I'm in hearty agreement with you, on this at least! I'd like to think Sir Alan himself would've been disappointed with her.

It's the implication of what he was saying that was wrong - as well as the failure to give an over-achieving squad the benefit of the doubt. No manager (and very few players) anywhere would happily accept being judged on one match: they expect to be judged on a whole series of them. Meanwhile, given he asked the fans their views, if someone had responded with "if you want to win the league, you'll have to get the chequebook out", how would he have reacted?

Meaning he was playing the crowd, and was essentially only interested in what he wanted to hear.

Can I just reiterate that vald did not question jj but rather the performance of the team. That's how it sounded to me.

Well said redm.

Can I just reiterate that vald did not question jj but rather the performance of the team. That's how it sounded to me.

I'm certain Mr Romanov and Sir Jim will be sharing a glass of bubbly tomorrow.

1st Anniversary and all.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for putting up the vids, Craigyboy.

Thanks for putting up the vids, Craigyboy.

Cheers. It was a pleasure. You're going to be plagued with youtube clips of every single goal from Section X from now on though, now that I've mastered the tube. Lol.

I wish I had video'd the whole lot of proceedings last night, which only actually lasted about 25 minutes. Some funny moments.

Vlad is one strange, messed up, yet admirable character.

Vlad's a showman who loves the limelight. He was just playing to his audience.

I'm not gonna be losing any sleep over it.

Vladimir Romanov rolls up

Published Date: 29 January 2011

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov is set to make a rare appearance at today's visit of St Johnstone.

The Russian-born businessman stunned fans by turning up at the Hearts Shareholders' Association AGM on Thursday night after jetting in from Lithuania.

The principal shareholder held a question-and-answer session with the supporters and admitted he was seeking answers from manager Jim Jefferies and the players regarding the 4-0 capitulation at Celtic Park on Wednesday, a result that leaves the Gorgie outfit ten points behind the league leaders.

Through an interpreter, Romanov said: "I came here to discuss with the management and the players to see how this result happened when the team was doing so well."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Vladimir-Romanov-rolls-up-.6705788.jp

And so it begins?

did someone really slate him for hiring so many managers?

jesus wept.

:facepalm:

there really are some utter raspers around.

If I'd been there I would have criticised him for not employing more managers. It's also unacceptable, in this day and age, that we haven't helped rehabilitate more than one child sex offender.

Raspers indeed.

Right. "over-achieving hugely over the previous couple of months" So we over-achieved in winning 10 games out of 11?

"Any reasonable owner"? "Lets be havin yoooouuuu" Backyard etc

"Progress that has been made" Who the feck appointed them????

and the rest is just the normal shoite you get from a hobo

FTH

Archived