Who is most techically gifted player you have seen in a Hearts strip?

Walter Bishop

Mines would have to be Jankauskas or Jim Bett, maybe JC in there aswell.

Very easy,Tamas Flogel.

JLV was also extremely gifted but just didn't show enough.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to answer your point.

He single handed tore the 'Lisbon Lions' apart at Parkhead! :D

Winning 2-0 and it ought to have been 4. He had several good games and those of us sober enough to watch the game know this!

:lol: :lol: :P

And I made a mess of the quote link!

This was answering Broxburn Jambo! :woot:

If, by technically gifted, you mean:

The ability to trap and control a ball.

The ability to time a tackle.

The ability to direct and weight a pass

The ability to read a game and be in the right place at the right time.

then my answer would be Tam Flogel

Not to mention the ability to play in any outfield position.

Mines would have to be Jankauskas or Jim Bett, maybe JC in there aswell.

Drawing on the advantage of age, it's the perennial answer - Willie Hamilton, closely followed by Alex Young!

Ford Prentice

Prentice of course. Genius. As with many geniuses, flawed and could/should have done so much more. In full flow though a joy, a pure joy, to watch.

ditto

The one and only Willie Hamilton, why dont we make the thread the second best as Hamilton WAS the best

Flogel was good but he's also a myth. His name is synonymous with great technique because jefferies always claimed he was the best he had managed.

A false memory has been perpetuated IMO.

Hate to say it, but Flogel was like Stepahne Adam, had one real decent season imo. Don`t get me wrong, i thought both were good players and had many good games but i cringed at the over-hype Flogel got from some of his own fans.

Players have days off but he had many a stinker and quite alot of fans refuse to acknowledge this for some reason? Overall, i`d hold him as a good player who i liked but certainly not in the elevated bracket some put him in.

Tomacheck

Can't believe that it took until page 3 for someone to say this! Fantastic footballer!

Laryea Kingston

Never got the best out of this guy. Shame. Remember one game, him single handedly tearing Falkirk apart (think we scored 5 that day??) at Tynecastle. Skill was exceptional, attitude dreadful.

My memory is NOT damaged.

Sorry mate, it most certainly is! (although only 33%) Agree with Willie Hamilton & Roald Jensen.

I remember going to hampden to see us win the cup in 1968, expected Donal Ford and Rene Moller to win it for us, First in many disappointments!

Modern day has to be Rudi Skacel - The way he tormented crab boy at Tynecastle in his first season when we won 1 - 0 will live with me for ever! Fantastic to see a Hearts player dazzle an opposition player with skill!

So 2 out of 3 aint bad!

For the rec i`d have John Colquhoun for starters ahead of Flogel. Cannae believe how many jump on the TF bandwagon???

What is great technique? Balancing the ball on the back of yer neck?

Close control at speed and in tight situations, accurate crossing etc, etc......in a game situation....... JC handsdown in comparison to TF.

Sorry mate, it most certainly is! (although only 33%) Agree with Willie Hamilton & Roald Jensen.

I remember going to hampden to see us win the cup in 1968, expected Donal Ford and Rene Moller to win it for us, First in many disappointments!

Modern day has to be Rudi Skacel - The way he tormented crab boy at Tynecastle in his first season when we won 1 - 0 will live with me for ever! Fantastic to see a Hearts player dazzle an opposition player with skill!

So 2 out of 3 aint bad!

Hardly Mollers fault that the team failed that day. Only Cruickie, Miller, Ford and Traynor gave their all. Moller was the sub and only came on well into the second half when 3 down! He did only one thing, attempt to strangle somebody (Gardner maybe?) and nothing else. Too late by then.

He had enormous talent, but only when in the mood.

Each position done

Goalie- Niemmi

Defender- Fysass

Midfield- Flogal, Tommachek or Cameron

Upfront- Jankouskas or Bednar

Archived