Who is most techically gifted player you have seen in a Hearts strip?

Walter Bishop

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Rab Prentice, when he could be a**ed.

(oops, wee sweery word got in there).

Rudolf's Mate

Alan Johnston

Probably this. He just looked so comfortable with the ball at his feet. Neil McCann wasn't to bad that season either.

scott herbertson

I really dislike the phrase 'technically gifted' As far as I'm concerned it's a tautology. Technique is something that is developed surely, and therefore not 'gifted'

There - got that off my chest

Most gifted player I've seen for Hearts would probably be Jim Cruikshank or Niemi - both fantastic naturally gifted shot stoppers. Outfield players Robertson or Peter Oliver

The player with the best technique is more difficult - possibly Donald Ford, Other players who had mastered their technical skills for their position would be Davie Holt, Pressley, Sandy Jardine and Fyssas

Best all round only one candidate in my time watching (from 1964) John Cumming

Pinigol.

Shame he was a mental drunk. :/

(I am aware that he's doing well for Palermo right now. Doesn't make him any less mental. Or drunk. Or gifted.)

for all round technical prowess it has to be skacel, who is also the player i would choose as having the best shooting technique of any hearts player i've seen.

i think templeton has the potential to become as good, if not better.

best finisher without a shadow of doubt was robbo, but that wasn't the question asked.

it's skacel.

Creepy Lurker

I really dislike the phrase 'technically gifted' As far as I'm concerned it's a tautology. Technique is something that is developed surely, and therefore not 'gifted'

I hate the phrase too, simply on the basis that 'technique' has taken on quite an idiosyncratic meaning in this context.

It's generally used to refer to passing range, first touch, how a player strikes the ball, etc...those are definitely techniques, but what part of football isn't? Heading the ball's a technique. Tackling's a technique. Throw ins are a technique in some instances, for crying out loud.

This might seem like I'm being really pedantic, and maybe I am, but the phrase just annoys me. On topic, Neil MacFarlane.

Maurico Pinilla. Just not when he played for us.

Sorry flamers I just had a soft spot for him and could see what he was capable of :rolleyes:

Bear in mind I've only been into football 7 years or so

Maybe an easier Q to answer is, in your lifetime who is the best Hearts player in their position?

Craig Gordon. "World class" - now there's another irritating phrase!

Maybe an easier Q to answer is, in your lifetime who is the best Hearts player in their position?

Craig Gordon. "World class" - now there's another irritating phrase!

Actually yeah CG.

On a side note Sports centre just started. I'm getting ready to be FUMING.

Nae-Smith [mod edit...]

Carl Fredrickson

Defender would be a toss up between Bruno & Levein

Midfielder - I would go for Derek Ferguson as IMO he was an amazing player who saw passes that the rest of the team struggled to see. He would have been great in our current team next to the Train.

Forward - Robbo for his natural finishing but for all round ability (tin hat time) I would go for Fuller.

Leigh Jenkinson. Not really, Thomas Flogel. Never seen anyone control a ball like that.

Tell you what tho, look at Templeton's control. It's excellent.

J.T.F.Robertson

Willie Hamilton - end of thread!

ditto

By a distance.

the auld fossils are ganging up for willie hamilton.

fair doos.

:lol:

There's a perfectly legitimate reason for it. :thumbsup:

The youngsters dont know what they missed, there has been nothing like him since!!!!

Seems it's yoonanniemuss. :)

We_are_the_Hearts

Only 35 year old but what I've heard about Willie Hamilton from people who know the game means he must be the most gifted. For me JC< Fuller and Rudi are the ones I've seen

jamboinglasgow

Always had a soft spot for Juanjo. I remember when I was much younger when he was here wondering why he didn't play more. Seen that video before and love it. Do still wonder if JJ can pull a signing like that again as it is weird to think we signed the captain of Barcelona B (I know not the first team but its still something.) Suso is a bit like Juanjo in terms of very skillful and tricky.

jambos are go!

Willie Johnston deserves a mention. Could take great corners from either side with either foot. Bauld and Wardhaugh and Gordon Smith.

Maurice Johnston was a fantastic Centre Forward at his best. Skacel and Hartley.

Spoils for choice.

Broxburn Jambo

60s Hamilton

70s Callachan

80s Levein or JC

90s Fulton

00s Fuller

Long way to go from 2010 to 2019 But I hope loads even better than above

FTH

The Old Tolbooth

John Colquhoun is my all time hero so he gets my vote, however Skacel has great technique and quality about him too, and Colin Cameron has to get a mention. :thumbsup:

John Colquhoun is my all time hero so he gets my vote, however Skacel has great technique and quality about him too, and Colin Cameron has to get a mention. :thumbsup:

For me, this guy too.

nobody that hasn't been mentioned and in no specific order

Tam

Takis

Juanjo

Rudi

Colquhoun

Janny

That videof of Juanjo is class though, did he ever score a boring goal?? Love the double drag back against Rangers when he then flicks it round the full back and tries an audacious shot from pretty much the corner flag = genius. If he's scored that it would have been global.

Archived