Stephen Elliott

Mad Dog Frazer

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate

There is a player in there however he needs to start finding the net. To be fair to him it's his first season in the league so you can allow him time to adapt. Needs to come good though.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Good addition by JJ i reckon.

It's clear that his level of work rate and effort is very high and that he is very much a team player. Playing out of position currently but he's done well and although many of us wanted him to have scored a few more by now, he's put in a lot of hard work and created space for others by dragging defenders out wide with him.

I also think that he is the one who anticipates Kyle's flick ons best in the squad and would probably flourish playing up front with him. Would be a solid and very dangerous pairing.

whats the general opinion about stephen elliott since he signed???

do you think weve got a player??

Yes, a grafter and has a bit of quality about him. Am i right in saying he's being played out of position aswell?

Very good addition to the squad IMO.

It's a market we should operate in, players who've fell out of favour in the English 1st Div, the Scandinavian leagues also.

Jambof3tornado

Strikers get judged on goals so if he get 10 by the end of the season I'd be happy. Does a lot of work but the end product is somewhat missing. I am willing to be patient though.

I think he is a super player. His work rate is phenominal, he even covers back for full backs. He's quick and robust, makes unselfish runs to create space for others.

Works like a trojan, A real team player. Not everyone will appreciate him but his team mates and the management will.

Has missed a few clear cut chances, Motherwell at fir park springs to mind but would rather he was in the team than not. Especially when the other options are Glen, Elliot, Obua...

Think he's a great addition. Good first touch, great at holding the ball up. He hasn't really had a prolonged run due to injury and illness etc. Think him and big Kev could be a very good partnership.

Lynn :ninja:

the boy works hard with his runs pulling players out of postion and putting presure on defenders and you never know if he can string games together :thumbsup: there may be that preditor in him to get us the goals

I think hes one of those, like Skacel, that weve noticed since hes been out. Does a lot for Kyle and like someone else said, pulls players out wide. I think if and when we revert to two up front, he will be th emost usful partner for big Kev.

I'm still a bit of a sceptic of his.

Shown glimpses though and he isn't bad but not sure he's as good as some seem to think.

Would like to see him get a run up front along side Kyle. An on-form Suso would be my no. 1 choice for the right mid slot.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

He is an excellent player when fit.

Very, very rarely have I seen him give the ball away. He is clever to draw fouls and smart to concede no fouls. Reads the game very well and looks a top, top professional.

However, there is a huge question mark on his fitness, as has been proved already.

I do think that if he could play every week he wouldn't be at Hearts though.

He is an excellent player when fit.

Very, very rarely have I seen him give the ball away. He is clever to draw fouls and smart to concede no fouls. Reads the game very well and looks a top, top professional.

However, there is a huge question mark on his fitness, as has been proved already.

I do think that if he could play every week he wouldn't be at Hearts though.

He has only had one injury since he joined us which was at the start of the season. <_< Illness is what caused him to miss a couple of games recently. He is a real team player and his workrate is superb. Would like to seem him play right up next to Kyle and the goals would start to come because you can see he is quality. :thumbsup:

He's only ever had one good season in his career. 15 goals in 29 games for Sunderland in the Championship. In all the others he didn't start many games nor did he score many goals.

He looks like he has a lot of energy and a high workrate. He's helped in defending from the front, sacrificing himself in the way Kuyt does for Liverpool.

Think some are getting carried away about how good he is though.

alwaysthereinspirit

Only 6 months into hopefully what turns out to be a succesful Hearts career.

Works his @$$ off for others and obviously a team player.

Haven't seen all his games but dont remember him missing many clear cut "poacher" chances per say.

Like most goal scorers probably needs a run of games with a few goals to get him thinking he's unstoppable.

I think he'll come good.

NEVER A PLAYER.

I HOPE HE DIES.

(For the hard of thinking - I was doing one of they Kickback cerebrally challenged knee jerks! LOLZ!)

anyone who says not convinced has problems in the heid and should probably no watch any fitba at aw

Find it hard to disagree with this in any way, shape or form.

Then again, I'm not 85 and I don't run a bus from Ayr, so have no knowledge of the game.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Excellent player. Not scored that many goals because he's doing a lot of other work for the team and playing out wide.

Good addition by JJ i reckon.

It's clear that his level of work rate and effort is very high and that he is very much a team player. Playing out of position currently but he's done well and although many of us wanted him to have scored a few more by now, he's put in a lot of hard work and created space for others by dragging defenders out wide with him.

I also think that he is the one who anticipates Kyle's flick ons best in the squad and would probably flourish playing up front with him. Would be a solid and very dangerous pairing.

What a very sensible view.

Well said that man.

Think he is a good player and perhaps not being played in his natural position which is a striker.

Saying that has worked superbly for the team and I feel he offers more than Elliot,Glen and Obua.

I really want to see him given a chance up front instead of playing out wide. Think we'll see him scoring more goals that way.

Basically hes missed a couple of very good chances, hit the bar etc. Had he scored even just three more goals this season, this thread wouldnt exist.

Stephen Elliot is a great signing. Hard working team player. I think he'll start banging in the goals soon enough once he gets used to the SPL. I also think there a lot more to come from the guy.

Don't really know how anyone could have any complaints about him this season. I think everyone can agree (including himself) he's best through the middle but none the less he gets his head down and works for the team.

Been somewhat of an unsung hero this season IMO.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Great player for us. Deserves recognition for his hard work and being played out of position but still doing a good job and not complaining.

A right good player and a superb example to all other players at the club. I hope he gets a good run in the team and the odd goal to keep the kickback wolverines off his case.

A cut above most spl players. I have been pleasantly surprised by his work ethic and am sure the best is yet to come. Already a vital player for us.

Captain Scarlett

I genuinely do think there is a scorer in there. Most likely just using the first few months "finding his feet" but i do think he will score goals...

Libertonian_II

whats the general opinion about stephen elliott since he signed???

do you think weve got a player??

No - he's too lightweight and rarely beats a player in one on ones. No problem with his effort but, like Mroviec, people on here seem to love a trier.

Carl Weathers

A cut above most spl players. I have been pleasantly surprised by his work ethic and am sure the best is yet to come. Already a vital player for us.

Totally agree with this. I think he has a bit of class about him.

portobellojambo1

Think he has been an excellent addition to the squad. The amount of work he and Kyle do in and around the box is the reason the goals are flowing from the other players who benefit from the space they create by dragging defenders way out of position. It was noticeable that we created fewer chances in the games against St Mirren and Hibs when he was missing (that was probably the main reason Jefferies called him in on the morning of the Hibs game to see if there was any way he could play).

Disagree with those who are reserving judgement until he starts scoring more regularly. I don't give a flying feck who puts the ball in the net as long as someone does, and with Kyle and Elliott working hard up front chances will continue to be created.

JamboAberdeen

Probably the best RW available at the moment, superb work rate, good holding play etc...

But scoring rate hasn't been impressive, which he is required to show.

Not sure where he'll find his place once Driver/Suso get fit, I rather pick one of them when available ahead of him.

And if we play 4-4-2, I rather pick one t because of his scoring rate.

He is getting games now as natural wingers are not available, so he has to start showing what he can do, or he'll be dropped once they get fit.

Captain Sausage

For someone like Kevin Kyle, he's absolutely perfect to play with. He will run all day, he isn't scared to get involved and he drags defenders around. Obviously, KK does this with the centrebacks, but having Elliott around to help with the work means their is a lot of space. If KK is keeping the two centre backs occupied, Temps is keeping the winger on their right busy as well as the full back, and Skacel is tying up one of their midfielders, along with Elliott pushing around the fullback, it keeps the opposing team pinned back substantially.

Once Wallace is back, there will be an emphasis on shutting that side of the pitch down from opposition managers which will allow Elliott a bit more space, and I think that will be enough to see him making a visible impact on proceedings, not just the invisible job he does now.

I think he, much like Mrowiec, puts in a lot of the hard work which the team needs, without necessarily getting any of the glory. His goal against Hibs was down to his instinct and work ethic, but I would like to see him put away more chances, like the one against Caley (I think? Stabbed it just wide) or at Motherwell. Hopefully an extended run in the team will boost his, and the teams confidence.

anyone who says not convinced has problems in the heid and should probably no watch any fitba at aw

Sorry doc but I'll reserve my judgement on 2 T's till the end of the season and I see his goal tally, workrate and work ethic apart I'd like a striker to score goals.

Had my fill of Hearts strikers who put in a lot of effort but never get into the top ten spl goalscorers!

Drylaw Hearts

Sorry doc but I'll reserve my judgement on 2 T's till the end of the season and I see his goal tally, workrate and work ethic apart I'd like a striker to score goals.

Had my fill of Hearts strikers who put in a lot of effort but never get into the top ten spl goalscorers!

He'll toil to get goals stuck out on the right imo.

In saying that...

I like him.

Archived