game in doubt

Tom Heaney

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be no bad thing if it's called off? Allows our injured players a chance to get fit?

Billy Brown is certainly still in Musselburgh all suited and booted but overheard on the phone asking what time inspection was

Billy Brown is certainly still in Musselburgh all suited and booted but overheard on the phone asking what time inspection was

Mabe he was on the phone to the Clinic ??

:unsure:

Still raining quite heavily up in Dundee, given United's record in matches being called off recently then its hardly a surprise.

NOON inspection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a total farce!

If the pitch is in astate at 8am, and you look at the weather forecast!!!!!!!!!!!

NOON inspection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a total farce!

If the pitch is in astate at 8am, and you look at the weather forecast!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again!! no consideration for the travelling fans, joke of an association.

Hearts Facebook states that they'll have news by Noon.

That is an absolute joke IMO. They should know well before 12.

Rudi's Left Peg

thats shocking m8 should have been 9am inspection

I'll be raging if this game was called off ?25 return train ticket

There should be some sort of contingency plan to allow an earlier inspection.

Either referees should be in the city the night before to ensure they are there for an early inspection or some sort of local official should be allowed to inspect.

Pain in the erse for those heading up, if you are going (as the guy further up proves) you will be on your way or there before 12pm.

Aye, just before I ahd posted my mate had txt me to say he had seen Billy Brown in Musselburgh and was told that there was an inspection but no time confirmed at that time. Frigging disgrace when you consider that at 10.30am the Hearts officials are only now hearing and that the inspection in almost 2 hours later. As another member on here was saying, Bonnyrigg Rose were able to arrange an inspection for 9am this morning, whats the problem with United take the same precautions. Its noit as if the rain just started this morning

Either referees should be in the city the night before to ensure they are there for an early inspection or some sort of local official should be allowed to inspect.

Pain in the erse for those heading up, if you are going (as the guy further up proves) you will be on your way or there before 12pm.

No reason why the pitch could not be inspected earlier - there are plenty of Senior Listed Officials in the Dundee/Angus/Perth area who could undertake this. Bet your bottom dollar that this farce would not happen if either of the Old Filth were travelling to Dundee for a match. Disgraceful.

Cardiac Rucksack

If its still raining in dundee there is no chance this will be on. Their record of waterlogged pitches lately is horrific.

Jambof3tornado

My bro not risking it as he would be leaving in 10 minutes! Why wasn't a local ref asked to have a look. As usual the fans suffer at the hands of the sfa! I think the game will be off given the crap drainage up at tannadice!

Still ready to head up but won't leave until they confirm it as on!

Might be no bad thing if it's called off? Allows our injured players a chance to get fit?

my line of thinking also. I was quite pessimistic about our chances without Skacel, Kyle & Black (or is he OK?).

I know der Hun say that Ibrox is on the a water plate and near sea level hence it's prone to flooding.

I seem to recall having to walk up a hill to get from the train station to Tannadice.

my line of thinking also. I was quite pessimistic about our chances without Skacel, Kyle & Black (or is he OK?).

fair enough good for the players but wat about the the fans that are allready away

I know der Hun say that Ibrox is on the a water plate and near sea level hence it's prone to flooding.

I seem to recall having to walk up a hill to get from the train station to Tannadice.

a hill? mair like a mountain! or maybe it just feels like that. :D

Rangers travelled there through the worst of the recent snow to be told on arrival that game was off, should be a fine for this. The forecast last night was for very heavy rain, was Houston too busy gopping at that burds thripenny bits to notice the weather forecast

No reason why the pitch could not be inspected earlier - there are plenty of Senior Listed Officials in the Dundee/Angus/Perth area who could undertake this. Bet your bottom dollar that this farce would not happen if either of the Old Filth were travelling to Dundee for a match. Disgraceful.

Bonnyrigg Rose Scottish Junior Cup Tie had a 9am inspection, and was called off. Surely if the Juniors can arrange it the Spl can ??

The Old Tolbooth

Exactly mate, part of the referee's job is to carry out the pitch inspection, and if the game is in any doubt then an inspection should be carried out at between 9 and 10 am to give fans a chance to avoid wasting money on travelling up there.

Once again the fans are treated like second class citizens.

Correct, it's not coincidence the local area is called HILLTOWN ( well close enough anyway )

I think a sudden deluge might be hard to deal with but there is maybe a problem with the base the pitch is laid on

Rangers travelled there through the worst of the recent snow to be told on arrival that game was off, should be a fine for this. The forecast last night was for very heavy rain, was Houston too busy gopping at that burds thripenny bits to notice the weather forecast

Remember when the Rangers game was stopped up there and their fans were meant to pay to get back into the re-arranged game as well as paying for their travel costs all over again.

Houston has said definitely off per BB

Surely the team have to leave Edinburgh before 12?

I have to leave Borders now, and have no idea whether to set off, so the away support is 4 down if it goes ahead. :down:

Cardiac Rucksack

Houston has said definitely off per BB

Might not bother getting dressed if this is true.

Now i'm hanging around waiting to find out if it's on or not, supposed to be picking a mate up in Kirkcaldy en route!!

All the talk is about SPL reorganisation but in all honesty they cannot organise the proverbial p*ss-up in a brewery. Heavy rain was forecasted well in advance for this weekend. So why do clubs not have covers to put over the surface. Undersoil heating is no answer to rain.

Secondly, why does the SFA not have a rule in regard to the inspection time in relation to distance that the away fans have to travel - and it should take into account that many fans travel by public transport/supporters buses. Not on the time it takes in a chauffeur driven limousine from Hampden.

The Old Tolbooth

Surely the team have to leave Edinburgh before 12?

I have to leave Borders now, and have no idea whether to set off, so the away support is 4 down if it goes ahead. :down:

Where about are you travelling from in the Borders mate?

I remember a couple of years ago the bairn asked to go home early so she could go to the cinema with her pals in Gala, and I dropped her off at 1, I decided that I would drive to Dundee for the match and made the kick off :thumbsup:

Exactly,im just staying in until we hear for sure,tho just our luck we get their and they cancel at the last minute.

:down:

Konrad von Carstein

Where about are you travelling from in the Borders mate?

I remember a couple of years ago the bairn asked to go home early so she could go to the cinema with her pals in Gala, and I dropped her off at 1, I decided that I would drive to Dundee for the match and made the kick off :thumbsup:

There are speed limits FOR A REASON Mitchell!!! :verymad::lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder if they forgot to do the early pitch inspection because of DUFC panic over the story on the front of today's papers?

ToadKiller Dog

Uniteds pitch is a bit like murderwells has a crap slope to a corner and struggles to cope with rain , Was working nightshift just 2 minutes from tannadice last night been chucking it down all night , would need a sudden

heatwave to change things cant see it being on , even if it is it wont make for

a decent game .

I came up last night and splashed out on the Apex, will be fuming if off. It's been pissing done all morning here, not looking good :verymad:

Archived