Transfer Window 2011

Armageddon

Ok ... back pedalling.

Lee Miller is on trial with Notts County until the 4th Jan, there's a very VERY good chance he'll stay there now, Paul Ince is liking him and he's happy there.

LIAM Miller is much closer than we think. Much closer. Fair play to the lad if he does sign, balls of steel.

Balls of steel or just more confirmation that he doesn't give a **** about anything?

:unsure:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liam Millar is a good signing for us but Ljungberg is a bad signing? Is that the joke?

Ljunberg was pish at West Ham a few years ago so Miller could most definitely turn out to be a better signing for us than the Swede for the Tims.

Liam Millar is a good signing for us but Ljungberg is a bad signing? Is that the joke?

Ljungberg will go down as one of the worst signings in old firm history. One of his biggest assets was pace and at his age he won't have that. Desperate signing from a desperate manager.

Millar has the ability and at his best could do us a right good turn. All depends if jj could get the best out of him.

Lee Miller would be a good signing.

Not impressed at the thought of Neilson coming back.

Eggert has made that position his own this year.

absolut

e rubbish if u me or anyone else thinks jonsson is a rb then think again. ct is far better in a pos he knows.

If Miller is named in the Hibs team tomorrow, I guess we'll all know once and for all that this rumour is pish.

Ok ... back pedalling.

Lee Miller is on trial with Notts County until the 4th Jan, there's a very VERY good chance he'll stay there now, Paul Ince is liking him and he's happy there.

LIAM Miller is much closer than we think. Much closer. Fair play to the lad if he does sign, balls of steel.

Interesting.

As I said on the Liam Miller thread, he's definitely a "meh" signing. Really don't see what he brings to the table but if JJ thinks that he'll be a good signing I'll trust his judgement.

What about Robbie "The Jobby" Neilson? Please god tell me that deal has fallen through.

The most realistic signing targets mentioned on the thread that I'd like to see with a scarf over their head are F. Wright, D, Clarkson and A. Rooney.

The one that hasn't been mentioned is Connor Sammon. Not sure how long he has left on his contract but he's on fire just now and should be within our price range. I was well impressed with him when Killie gubbed us 0-3.

Interesting.

As I said on the Liam Miller thread, he's definitely a "meh" signing. Really don't see what he brings to the table but if JJ thinks that he'll be a good signing I'll trust his judgement.

What about Robbie "The Jobby" Neilson? Please god tell me that deal has fallen through.

JJ does not get it right all the time though. He signed Petric and Simpson and Goss for starters. Miller has looked terrible everytime he has played against us.

JJ does not get it right all the time though. He signed Petric and Simpson and Goss for starters. Miller has looked terrible everytime he has played against us.

I'm aware of that, every manager makes mistakes when it comes to transfers though. If JJ thinks Miller would be a good addition to the team then I'm willing to trust his judgement.

I, unlike him, haven't managed Hearts to a Scottish Cup victory and 3rd place finishes in the SPL.

The Old Tolbooth

absolute rubbish if u me or anyone else thinks jonsson is a rb then think again. ct is far better in a pos he knows.

Thomson offer more going forward than Eggert does, but to play at RB you need to be able to defend first and foremost, and Thomson can't defend for toffee! Eggert on the other hand can tackle all day long and not even think about it, although he does have his shaky moments too.

RB is a problem position for Hearts, and has been for hundreds of years it appears, I can't remember us having a solid RB ever!

What's all this talk of Neilson returning? Has this been reported anywhere other than here?

What's all this talk of Neilson returning? Has this been reported anywhere other than here?

Just rumours bud. Not playing for Leicester, so some people are putting 2+2 togther..........and getting 5.

He may be coming back to Scotland though, but further north I'd imagine.

Would love us to sign Rooney. Don't see it though. I think we will sign at least one creative midfielder. It sounded like Killie want the money for Bryson and Jim clearly rates him. The Liam Miller thing is beginning to sound like it might happen.Was there not some mention of "a transfer that would rock Scottish football" or something like that? If so it would fit with with our pattern of picking up one of the better players at a less prestigious SPL side for free in January. I also really hope we bring a defender in,preferably a left footed one. Whilst we have done really well covering with midfielders, I can't help but feel our luck will run out if we do it for too long. Need someone to lead the defence if Zal and Lee are out (someone to help coach Eggert through games at rightback wouldbe useful). Frazer Wright has been mentioned a few times - obviously JJ will know him well.

Really interesting transfer window (which probably means nothing will happen) in as much as we don't have any emergency positions within the first eleven. We have good striking options, fantastic wing options, Rudi doing well infield a bit more, lots of decent DMFs, a solid defence and a few good keepers. This allows to fine tune the balance of our squad and tailor it more precisely to the style of football we want to play. Most people agree that an attacking midfielder would be of benefit at the right price - we currently have the luxury of trying to bring in either a midfield general ball player in the Aguiar mould, or a more direct overlapping midfielder in the style of a 05/06 Hartley. We don't just have to rush out and sign anyone to fill a shirt (like we were doing a few years ago - "A seventh defensive midfielder? Why not?") and so we also have the luxury of signing no-one if the right player is not around.

Another thing that makes this window interesting is the fact that we seem to have little competition for players in the SPL. I know the top players will go down south but the Old Firm are not systematically skimming the talent from around the league. We would have a reasonable shout at signing the best players from Kilmarnock, ICT, etc. Whatever people think of Rooney and Sammon, we could put in bids for both of them. It is unusual for the top goalscorers in the league to be so available. If we can find a niche where we keep signing up the captains of other SPL sides whilst the OF gamble on expensive foreign imports then I think we can do well. JJ has shown with Kyle that he can breathe life back into the career of an experienced pro. If we can assemble a few more like him and bond them with our talented youngsters we will not only do well in the league, but we will also look very attractive to players who need a step up but do not want to rot on an OF bench.

i doubt anyone will come in.

For that to happen it would be the first transfer window under Romanov with not one signing. In all probability, somebody will sign.

Archived