Transfer Window 2011

Armageddon

Actually, you've got me there. :lol:

as a newbie i now feel important getting one over a member of the jkb gliterati ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For that to be the case, it would be (IIRC) the first transfer window under the tenure of VR that we did not sign a single player. I think we will sign at least one.

We're due a youngish Scot who's signed a pre-contract with us, as per the last 2 seasons.

We're due a youngish Scot who's signed a pre-contract with us, as per the last 2 seasons.

Not a bad shout that actually.

Black and then Barr would have been the previous two I think?

I wonder who's available.

Not a bad shout that actually.

Black and then Barr would have been the previous two I think?

I wonder who's available.

I know he's Irish but I'm gonna go for Adam Rooney.

I know he's Irish but I'm gonna go for Adam Rooney.

That would be an immense signing.

Him and Kyle up front with the quality we have on the wings would be a serious force in the SPL.

As they've both been players with teams who have ended up getting relegated then who are we nicking off the hobos?!

While both Miller and Neilson would improve the first team - there must be other priorities?

Another centre half. A midfielder who can win the ball and pass it (Black will be suspended pretty soon and he is now an important player in the team). And a striker with pace. Those would be the areas I'd try to strengthen if there is any spare cash.

If JJ does not fancy Craig Thomson at right back then we need a new one.

Eggert has had a good few games now at right back and he does not do enough for the team playing in this position. He offers nothing going forward.

there are a few decent players struggling in the championship ie Miller, McDonald, Flood. As long as its not Killen.

Also, am I the only one a bit shocked at Driver being called a wage theif? think its a bit much

Guest Bilel Mohsni

there are a few decent players struggling in the championship ie Miller, McDonald, Flood. As long as its not Killen.

Also, am I the only one a bit shocked at Driver being called a wage theif? think its a bit much

No, I think calling Driver a wage thief is way OTT too, some people think he is over-rated and a wage thief though... What can you do>

:mellow:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Would be disgusted if Hundy Webster was to return. I hope JJ realises the importance of a man's character as well as his footalling ability.

I wouldn't take either of them. We need to cut the squad first before we get one or two quality signings, preferably a midfielder and centre forward. Time for Balogh, Kucharski, j. Thomson, Mole to leave. Probably a few others aswell. Neilson would not improve our team and I do not see Miller as a consistent enough player.

Ready to be shot down but I heard from a couple of hobos today that we my be getting kris boyd on loan from middlesboro until the end of the season.

Cannot see it happening but though they did not mention a source if true i think kevin kyle would get him a good few goals.

I doubt we'd pay the 400k or so they'd want for him.

If we had that cash, I think JJ would use it to buy Bryson.

Not sure it would take that dude.

Whilst I think that would be a serious figure if the club were relatively solvent, but being in administration, close to winding up AND toiling to get games on due to the weather, I honestly think that if there is any quality at Dundee, it's a buyers market.

Don't want this lad though.

Ready to be shot down but I heard from a couple of hobos today that we my be getting kris boyd on loan from middlesboro until the end of the season.

Cannot see it happening but though they did not mention a source if true i think kevin kyle would get him a good few goals.

No offence, but, I think that...

1. Your mates are pulling your plonker.

OR

2. Your mates know feck all.

I'd have Eggert before Robbie.

Eggert is quicker, stronger, better in the air, scores more goals, is more aggressive, better going forward, better crosser of the ball, better stamina and better passer. I can't think of any way that Neilson is better than Eggert.

I would disagree in saying Eggert is quicker or stronger or better in the air.I think you will find Eggert is deceptive as he is slower than he looks Goals ok but not one of either strong points. Regarding passing and crossing I think Eggerts attempts are awful. Because Eggert is not a natural RB he certainly does not have the positional sense of Robbie. If Robbies performances had been the same as Eggerts this season there would have been calls forat least castration. As I said I was not his biggest fan but I would have him before anyone at Tynie just now. Only my opinion

Was on here a few weeks ago mate.

I would disagree in saying Eggert is quicker or stronger or better in the air.I think you will find Eggert is deceptive as he is slower than he looks Goals ok but not one of either strong points. Regarding passing and crossing I think Eggerts attempts are awful. Because Eggert is not a natural RB he certainly does not have the positional sense of Robbie. If Robbies performances had been the same as Eggerts this season there would have been calls forat least castration. As I said I was not his biggest fan but I would have him before anyone at Tynie just now. Only my opinion

Look at how well Eggert has slotted in at centre back in the past. Do you think Neilson is strong enough or dominant enough in the air to do that? No chance.

Also, in a sprint, Eggert would absolutely destroy Neilson.

I think Eggert has been consistently good and our defensive record is testament to that. Neilson was a poor player all round and not fit to lace Jonsson's boots in any position IMO.

Anyone who would prefer Jonnson as a permenant rightback to Neilson is crazy IMO.

To be honest, I have no idea what to do with Jonnson now, I can't remember the last time I saw him and thought he'd had a perticularly good game. He's been poor in midfeild, stand in quality at full back, and no better than Bouzid or Zal at centrehalf. He's been the victim of his own versatility IMO.

I have one idea (my left site). But is very busy now (his team 3th place too). Interestng is that year ago with Temps thay plays forwards, now left wingers with right basice legs:

:smiliz64: :smiliz64: :smiliz64:

I have one idea (my left site). But is very busy now (his team 3th place too). Interestng is that year ago with Temps thay plays forwards, now left wingers with right basice legs:

What?

...a bit disco

http://www.facebook....2054.1476103383

Lost in translation possibly?!

Anyone who would prefer Jonnson as a permenant rightback to Neilson is crazy IMO.

To be honest, I have no idea what to do with Jonnson now, I can't remember the last time I saw him and thought he'd had a perticularly good game. He's been poor in midfeild, stand in quality at full back, and no better than Bouzid or Zal at centrehalf. He's been the victim of his own versatility IMO.

Anyone who prefers Neilson in any position to Jonsson clearly doesn't remember how bad Neilson was.

I'd say Jonsson has performed consistently well wherever he's slotted in.

The only thing wrong with Neilson was his passing. He is a proper full back and he works the wing well, he was up and down the park all game helping out his midfielder. Wallace is a proper full back as well, he does this.

Ruben is not a proper full back but he is only filling in for Wallace. Jonsson is not a proper full back, he offers less than Ruben.

Anyone who prefers Neilson in any position to Jonsson clearly doesn't remember how bad Neilson was.

I'd say Jonsson has performed consistently well wherever he's slotted in.

THIS.

Never allow Neilson back here unless it is for the half time draw.

If ever a ship has sailed. :facepalm:

portobellojambo1

The only thing wrong with Neilson was his passing. He is a proper full back and he works the wing well, he was up and down the park all game helping out his midfielder. Wallace is a proper full back as well, he does this.

Ruben is not a proper full back but he is only filling in for Wallace. Jonsson is not a proper full back, he offers less than Ruben.

And in the last 8 games while using these improper full backs we have conceded a total of 2 goals, which isn't bad going at all for stand ins.

Neilson would add absolutely nothing to the team, so there is no point in bringing him back.

Look at how well Eggert has slotted in at centre back in the past. Do you think Neilson is strong enough or dominant enough in the air to do that? No chance.

Also, in a sprint, Eggert would absolutely destroy Neilson.

I think Eggert has been consistently good and our defensive record is testament to that. Neilson was a poor player all round and not fit to lace Jonsson's boots in any position IMO.

I think the biggest difference is Robbie held the RB position under 5/6 managers who could not all be wrong, Eggert is a good squad player because of his versatility but nowhere good enough to hold down a position full time. After sitting freezing at Motherwell last week I think after a shaky start Barr came on to a decent game and could challenge Eggert

And in the last 8 games while using these improper full backs we have conceded a total of 2 goals, which isn't bad going at all for stand ins.

Neilson would add absolutely nothing to the team, so there is no point in bringing him back.

It is pretty good going but I think we can get more goals with proper full backs.

I disagree with you about Neilson and if Jonsson is the best we have got at right back we need to bring in another one.

I think the biggest difference is Robbie held the RB position under 5/6 managers who could not all be wrong, Eggert is a good squad player because of his versatility but nowhere good enough to hold down a position full time. After sitting freezing at Motherwell last week I think after a shaky start Barr came on to a decent game and could challenge Eggert

How many other right backs did we sign or have in our squad in all of the time we had Robbie? He never really had much competition. He's better than the likes of Jason Thompson but that's about all I can say for him. For some reason, right back has always been a problem position for us. We had Maybury who I thought was great but he ended up playing left back as we had no decent left backs and Robbie was our only right back. I'm not saying 5 or 6 managers were wrong, they just didn't have anyone better.

Also, Eggert has kept 2 right backs on the bench for most of the season so he is holding onto the position and making it his own.

I do not think that Vlad will be shelling out any money for players wages at the moment. The team is playing quite well just now and I don't think we need any new players in just now. If I, a fan, think that then the chances are that Vlad thinks the same. I could see the need for players if we did not have such a strong player pool... think about it we have a strong bench plus Wallace, Suso and Driver about to come back. It would be hard to justify an increase in our debt just now! I just do not see any new players anytime soon.... but hey Vlad is nothing if not contrary so we may get a whole load of players we don't require.

Dr Ian Malcolm

How many other right backs did we sign or have in our squad in all of the time we had Robbie? He never really had much competition. He's better than the likes of Jason Thompson but that's about all I can say for him. For some reason, right back has always been a problem position for us. We had Maybury who I thought was great but he ended up playing left back as we had no decent left backs and Robbie was our only right back. I'm not saying 5 or 6 managers were wrong, they just didn't have anyone better.

Also, Eggert has kept 2 right backs on the bench for most of the season so he is holding onto the position and making it his own.

Maybury, Petras, Barasa, Costa, Jason Thomson, and we tried Karipidis there.

Maybury, Petras, Barasa, Costa, Jason Thomson, and we tried Karipidis there.

Maybury, I've already covered. Seemed to play more at left back than right. A million times better than Neilson at either full back.

Petras was a centre half whom we played at right back.

Barasa was a right back, I'll give you that one, he just wasn't really any better than Neilson and got injured quite quickly.

Costa was a right wing back or right midfielder and didn't fit in with our system, never a right back.

Jason Thompson was / is poorer than Neilson. Probably should be at a smaller club than Hearts.

Kari was a centre half that whom we played at right back.

I'd say even having read that list, we never signed any real competition for Neilson or he'd have been dropped.

Can I make myself a bit clearer, I do not want Robbie back. I do think he would be a better option than Jonsson though.

We do however need to bring someone in who is a proper Rightback, if JJ doesn't fancy Craig back there. There has been mentions that JJ won't start Craig because of his off-field 'problems,' so this is maybe the reason Jonnson is filling in.

Can I make myself a bit clearer, I do not want Robbie back. I do think he would be a better option than Jonsson though.

We do however need to bring someone in who is a proper Rightback, if JJ doesn't fancy Craig back there. There has been mentions that JJ won't start Craig because of his off-field 'problems,' so this is maybe the reason Jonnson is filling in.

Or maybe he just agrees with me, Eggert is doing fine and is better than Craig Thomson at right back?

We have two right backs AND Eggert in the squad, so why do we need another one?

Dr Ian Malcolm

Maybury, I've already covered. Seemed to play more at left back than right. A million times better than Neilson at either full back.

Petras was a centre half whom we played at right back.

Barasa was a right back, I'll give you that one, he just wasn't really any better than Neilson and got injured quite quickly.

Costa was a right wing back or right midfielder and didn't fit in with our system, never a right back.

Jason Thompson was / is poorer than Neilson. Probably should be at a smaller club than Hearts.

Kari was a centre half that whom we played at right back.

I'd say even having read that list, we never signed any real competition for Neilson or he'd have been dropped.

Pretty sure Costa was a right back. Maybury is a debatable one - Levein, rightly or wrongly, shunted him to left back to accommodate Robbie. Petras captained his previous club and right back and played internationally there. Barasa, whether he was any good or not (agreed that he wasn't) was signed as a right back, therefore, surely competition to Neilson? He proved to be a batter full back than most of them - doesn't mean he didn't face competition for his position in the team - just that none were good enough to take his place.

he certainly wasn't a world beater, but he did a decent job at right back for a long period.

Pretty sure Costa was a right back. Maybury is a debatable one - Levein, rightly or wrongly, shunted him to left back to accommodate Robbie. Petras captained his previous club and right back and played internationally there. Barasa, whether he was any good or not (agreed that he wasn't) was signed as a right back, therefore, surely competition to Neilson? He proved to be a batter full back than most of them - doesn't mean he didn't face competition for his position in the team - just that none were good enough to take his place.

he certainly wasn't a world beater, but he did a decent job at right back for a long period.

Petras was a centre half when we signed him from Sparta Prague and he is now.

I'd also say that we had to play Maybury at left back as we had no other left backs so Neilson got the right back position by default. Neilson at left back would have been unimaginable.

Costa was defo a right wing back or midfielder.

Thompson and Barasa were both right backs and neither were / are as good as Robbie and were the only realistic competition for his place. They were both pish compared to Robbie's average.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Petras was a centre half when we signed him from Sparta Prague and he is now.

I'd also say that we had to play Maybury at left back as we had no other left backs so Neilson got the right back position by default. Neilson at left back would have been unimaginable.

Costa was defo a right wing back or midfielder.

Thompson and Barasa were both right backs and neither were / are as good as Robbie and were the only realistic competition for his place. They were both pish compared to Robbie's average.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiago_Costa

Not that it really matters, he was gash.

Maybe the 5/6 managers did not deem it necessary to sign right backs as they were more than happy with the RB they had. As another poster has said I do not think it is a good move to bring him back but I would prefer a RB playing at RB and Eggert is not it

Ok ... back pedalling.

Lee Miller is on trial with Notts County until the 4th Jan, there's a very VERY good chance he'll stay there now, Paul Ince is liking him and he's happy there.

LIAM Miller is much closer than we think. Much closer. Fair play to the lad if he does sign, balls of steel.

Archived