Transfer Window 2011

Armageddon

Thought I'd open a wee thread.

For starters Lee Miller will arrive from Middlesbrough, I have it on good authority that discussions are at an advanced stage.

Santa will also bring a new/old right back, Robbie is out of contract at Leicester and I expect him back, nothing concrete yet but the club know his situation.

I'm not a fan of either tbh.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Victor Meldrew

Wouldn't say no to Lee Miller, to be honest - he's a player that I think could do a job for us, but he'd be on the bench most of the time.

What we need is a Goncalves-type player who can cover LB and CB.

yawn, you have got to be taking the piss, a few steps back in my opinion

Listen, I agree with you on both players.

Never was Robbie's biggest fan and I can't stand Miller as a person.

Thought I'd open a wee thread.

For starters Lee Miller will arrive from Middlesbrough, I have it on good authority that discussions are at an advanced stage.

Santa will also bring a new/old right back, Robbie is out of contract at Leicester and I expect him back, nothing concrete yet but the club know his situation.

I'm not a fan of either tbh.

Good authority. Care to expand. :)

Prince buaban, gomis, Bryson, hammel, Rooney, Reynolds, John Sutton, Craig Conway and goodwillie. If we do not sign all of the above then I will be disappointed. Oh wait there...think I've been playing too much FIFA 11. :)

Lee Miller would be a good signing.

Not impressed at the thought of Neilson coming back.

Eggert has made that position his own this year.

Still not convinced by Jonsson at RB, still wouldn't take Neilson back though.

Good authority. Care to expand. :)

Yeah I'll name my source, I'm sure in future he'll be very keen to tip me off .......... NOT!!!

Maybe Jamie or PTBCAL can back me up.

Still not convinced by Jonsson at RB, still wouldn't take Neilson back though.

I think Jonsson has done consistently well.

Our defensive record would maybe back that up.

Most of our slip ups of late seem to have come from the centre of defence rather than our makeshift full backs.

cheeseypleasey

I think Jonsson has done consistently well.

Our defensive record would maybe back that up.

Most of our slip ups of late seem to have come from the centre of defence rather than our makeshift full backs.

we are interested in liam miller of hibs ive heard

Lee Miller would be a step backwards. His goal record since leaving us is hardly inspiring and if clum and glen cant get a start i dont see the point in signing him. Same for Neilson. We have Craig Thomson and Jason Thomson not getting a game ahead of Jonsson at right back so no point in signing him either. A creative midfielder with a bit of class would be the only piece in the jigsaw possibly missing but in saying that I am more than happy with the squad we have at present. Punt Mole, Witteveen and Kucharski and that would do me for January.

Frazer Wright's name has been banded about a lot along with Bryson. The Liam Miller rumour has been going around and now this Lee Miller one. That would fit with what we need so not that outrageous to believe. Even getting Robbie back doesn't sound the most improbable thing I have ever heard. We need back up players at CF, RB and CB. We need another attacking midfielder.

There will be lots of agents linking their clients with us just to highlight their availability. That may be what is happening here.

Heaven forbid! :hang:

Don't worry. Liam Miller is the chinese whisper of Lee Miller ... give it a week and we'll be after Charlie Miller!!!

I'll be doing my usual by believing absolutely nothing I read on here until I see a link to the relevant story on heartsfc.co.uk in the post.

:thumbsup:

give it a week and we'll be after Charlie Miller!!!

This could be a good move for Hearts - opening a new salon under the Wheatfield smiliz19.gif

winston churchill

banks neilson macallister webster goncalves pilibaitis kingston aguiar hartley lee miller and velicka

JJ sniffing around judas webster would not suprise me.

as much as webster is/was a judas.

he is a better centre back than zal/ big bad bouzid/wee darren barr will ever be.

Lee Miller is certainly a possibility IMHO

A typical front man to lead the line that JJ likes, is he not a bit younger than Kyle?

Can't see Kyle/Miller playing together but we need options when Kyle is out......couldnae handle seeing the Gangsta running aboot like a heidless chicken upfront :rolleyes:

he is a better centre back than zal/ big bad bouzid/wee darren barr will ever be.

No way we could afford him.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:teehee::blink::D:lol:

Aye okay Winston, guid yin!

So Driver can GTF for being a permanently injured wage-thief with glass legs but Webster is a good transfer target.

I am just away to re-read the label on my Christmas bevvy to make sure I am not hallucinating...

Yeah I'll name my source, I'm sure in future he'll be very keen to tip me off .......... NOT!!!

Maybe Jamie or PTBCAL can back me up.

Very interesting mate.

OK i was told that we had talked to a championship player, Scottish who wanted a return back to the SPL. I assumed it was Clarkson as we looked at him in the summer (before Elliot)..

Miller fits the bill.

You would assume Calum Elliot and Glen days are numbered if this is the case.

portobellojambo1

I'll be doing my usual by believing absolutely nothing I read on here until I see a link to the relevant story on heartsfc.co.uk in the post.

I think I'll stick with the above approach this time round as well, although don't expect either Miller (whether Liam or Lee) or Neilson to be on any shopping list (much more liable to be player(s) coming in from Kilmarnock I think).

Andy Webster would be a fantastic signing by Hearts.

Vlad loves nothing more than a sinner who has returned to the flock.

I liked Lee Miller, although he has never been prolific he'd be a good replacement for Kyle when injured/suspended. He does a lot of good work outwith the box and can hold it up and bring other forward players in. Robbie is a big Jambo and a wholehearted player, but no-thanks on taking him back, he couldnae pass water and has the first touch of a rapist.

Wright and Bryson with others moving in the opposite direction..THE END :thumbsup:

I saw an article in a red top last week where Kyle was really singing the praises of Wright - and I thought I wonder if he knows something we don't.

kingantti1874

Andy Webster would be a fantastic signing by Hearts.

Vlad loves nothing more than a sinner who has returned to the flock.

Pains me to say it but yes, even though he's a treacherous rat

I saw an article in a red top last week where Kyle was really singing the praises of Wright - and I thought I wonder if he knows something we don't.

I also read the said article,I reckon its a stick on.That was the article where Kyle said he only fears playing against one defender in the SPL and that is Wright. :thumbsup:

He'll be along soon.

Very interesting mate.

OK i was told that we had talked to a championship player, Scottish who wanted a return back to the SPL. I assumed it was Clarkson as we looked at him in the summer (before Elliot)..

Miller fits the bill.

You would assume Calum Elliot and Glen days are numbered if this is the case.

I've had a sneaky suspicion for a while that we might go for the former Dundee player Kevin McDonald of Burnley who is a MF (6ft 1in, age 22).

Not saying Robbie would be a good buy but I would have him before Eggert every day of the week. Eggert has been at best average in most games and rotten in others

In a similar theme, I won't believe the story but I will comment as if it is true. Sometimes I will put the caveat on saying that I don't think the poster is lying but that I believe their information to be total honk.:thumbsup:

On that....

I endorse this move.:thumbsup:

I think that Miller will be available for transfer as to whether he would want to come back to Scotland or not, that would be the decider. If Jefferies could convince him to return, I'd be delighted. I have a sneaky feeling that, much like Skacel, we would see the excellent Lee Miller that we had on loan as opposed to the stinkin' one from Dundee United.

I do not endorse this move.:down:

We spent years trying to get rid of one of the most limited footballers this club has ever seen and after finally succeeding, I hoped we had seen the last of him. After Jefferies appointment, I felt certain that a homesick and failing Neilson would return, erm, home. I think that if Jefferies is at Hearts for any length of time, he will re-burden us with Neilson.

In a similar theme, I won't believe the story but I will comment as if it is true. Sometimes I will put the caveat on saying that I don't think the poster is lying but that I believe their information to be total honk.:thumbsup:

On that....

I endorse this move.:thumbsup:

I think that Miller will be available for transfer as to whether he would want to come back to Scotland or not, that would be the decider. If Jefferies could convince him to return, I'd be delighted. I have a sneaky feeling that, much like Skacel, we would see the excellent Lee Miller that we had on loan as opposed to the stinkin' one from Dundee United.

I do not endorse this move.:down:

We spent years trying to get rid of one of the most limited footballers this club has ever seen and after finally succeeding, I hoped we had seen the last of him. After Jefferies appointment, I felt certain that a homesick and failing Neilson would return, erm, home. I think that if Jefferies is at Hearts for any length of time, he will re-burden us with Neilson.

Miller and Neilson would be solid squad signings imo but there are plenty more fish in the sea. The way things are I can't see us signing anyone.

Don't worry. Liam Miller is the chinese whisper of Lee Miller ... give it a week and we'll be after Charlie Miller!!!

keep this up and we will end up signing Windy Miller :biggrin:

Not saying Robbie would be a good buy but I would have him before Eggert every day of the week. Eggert has been at best average in most games and rotten in others

I'd have Eggert before Robbie.

Eggert is quicker, stronger, better in the air, scores more goals, is more aggressive, better going forward, better crosser of the ball, better stamina and better passer. I can't think of any way that Neilson is better than Eggert.

I'd have Eggert before Robbie.

Eggert is quicker, stronger, better in the air, scores more goals, is more aggressive, better going forward, better crosser of the ball, better stamina and better passer. I can't think of any way that Neilson is better than Eggert.

throw-ins

Miller and Neilson would be solid squad signings imo but there are plenty more fish in the sea. The way things are I can't see us signing anyone.

For that to be the case, it would be (IIRC) the first transfer window under the tenure of VR that we did not sign a single player. I think we will sign at least one.

throw-ins

Actually, his throw in's were over-rated. Whilst there is one particularly obvious time that it did work, it was very rare that it bore any fruit. This was largely because Neilson could throw the ball long and high, floated at perfect 'keeper height. They are not like the Delap throw in's which are driven in, head height like a cannon.

Archived