Jefferies

Walter Kidd

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Jefferies is past it, but would any of the realistic alternatives be better?

Says the Norwich fud. We are abysmal, and are the easiest team in the world to play against as our manager doesn't know what he is doing.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that victories under JJ are going to happen only against weak teams that are having a bad day.

No cohesion, no brains. All brawn in fact a typical Dum and Dumber team.

Calderwood will pick up his first 3 points guaranteed.

Jefferies is not a particularly good manager.

:what:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snake Plissken

:pleasing:

I'm Teenwolf and I approve of Le Chat's contributions to this thread almost as much as my own.

:verysmug:

jeffries2.jpg

Just look at the magnificent sonofabitch. :wub:

Definitely yesterday's man, as he is taking his own records as Hearts manager and ramming them right up the arse with this side. :thumbsup:

I don't think it is over the top to criticise Jefferies, he got it wrong today and has been in the Hearts job long enough to be judged on our results/performances. I think we have won one in eight at home, a run that needs addressed and the buck stops with Jefferies to sort it.

We must get third, anything less and Jefferies will be accountable.

It certainly isn't over the top to criticise Jefferies. The tactics were wrong, the subs were wrong, our home form is unacceptable (in my view, considerably because of the tactics; tactics which I doubt he has the common sense to change).

But what is totally over the top is to call for his dismissal, which the OP did. And your insistence on 3rd is also, I'm afraid, too much. It takes time to develop a new side and totally change the style of play: there are bound to be ups and downs. 4th or 5th is realistic, but 3rd isn't; and it's if we finish below 5th - thereby making no progress on last season - that Jefferies' position becomes untenable.

Oh, one other thing. You set targets, BH, because naturally, you want to see Hearts achieve as much as possible. But the club's target isn't league positions or trophies at all. It's to develop young players in order to sell them on for profit. That's largely why JJ was re-appointed in the first place. The board's aims aren't those of the fans at all, mate.

Hes not exempt from criticism but how did he get it wrong? We played better and were dominating in the 2nd half until their 2nd goal...that was down to the players doing what they were supposed to feckin do in the first half.

Maybe. To be fair, WK's post was following a humping by a lesser side. He won't be the only one on JKB making reactionary posts today.

As for saying third isn't realistic, I strongly disagree. There are two better teams in the league, only those two have a better squad than us. If we fail to make third then that will be down to Jefferies. Be mindful Shaun, he hasn't rocked into Tynecastle in pre-season, he has been here since January building a team. I refused to get caught up in criticising him last season as I felt it was all about building for this year, he must make the grade this season. My personal opinion is that if he doesn't get third he will be either sacked or will be nearing the sack. As well as that, I think he should be sacked if we don't get third with the players at his disposal.

He has to be accountable Debut. He picks the team, the formations and the substitutions. We were convincingly beaten by an inferior side at our own ground, that is Jefferies fault. You point to the players not doing their job, I'd say that it is Jefferies that signs them, trains them, picks them and is there to get the best out of them.

Mediocre? Yes. Failing? No. 5th - where we are tonight - equals mediocre.

And the trouble with demanding 3rd every single season is it fails to take into account the realities of players coming and going, and building a new team. It's as though we think transition no longer exists, because we're Hearts. Sorry, but that's just ludicrous. This is the very definition of a transitional season: meaning I'm looking for progress, not making demands which can't be met.

Saying nothing.:whistling:

I remember a few years back commenting on the artist formerly known as Figoo to engage brain first instead of his knee after a bad defeat. Maybe he wasn't the only one I should have addressed this to.

Well done Mr Jefferies for showing the Lord Haw Haws and Quislings of this world that the POP are clueless.

jeffries2.jpg

Just look at the magnificent sonofabitch. :wub:

Definitely yesterday's man, as he is taking his own records as Hearts manager and ramming them right up the arse with this side. :thumbsup:

The man is a hero

I hope to see this thread after every game from now until the end of the season with plenty of these

:verysmug:

and some of these

:pleasing:

:omg!: :omg!: :omg!: :omg!:

Archived