Jefferies

Walter Kidd

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd, kello at fault why be that far out when they were that close, poor judgement on his side. but kilmarnock were just hungrier for it and had more fight

I think p45 time is away ott

Defo went for the subs to early though left us exposed for 2nd

The 3rd was just a peach

No way.

The subs had to happen at half time, that 1st half was utterly abysmal.

No way.

The Tempelton for Adrian sub turned the game for Killie

The Tempelton for Adrian sub turned the game for Killie

I agree, although Adrian wasn't doing anything good going forward he was the only one stopping Kilmarnock in the midfield. Jonsson was completely anonymous in the middle of the park and moving Rudi in there was a terrible move IMO.

Think subbing Barr was a bad idea tbh, as much as Thomson did make a bit of a difference going forward I don't think Barr was having that bad a game and it was a bit of a waste of a sub.

P45 time is a bit OTT though.

JJ gor it wrong today big style and in doing so may have bust any confidence the squad did have.

He imo panicked at half time with the double substitution. Barrs confidence will be shot to pieces again. Whilst we were not great in the first half a half time team talk to sort it out would have been better than a double substitution. He should have gave it 10mins of the second half to see if they had listened to him, now after making two subs we got gubbed 3-0.

He boobed in not taking off Jonsson imo, once Mroweic went off we lost the little dig that we did have in the middle of the park. Th double sub at half time also left us short of options if it is still going wrong or you get an injury like Zal picked up for the last 10mins.

Once you make changes at half time you hope for better, unfortunately JJ got it wrong again and we were gubbed.

This is what we will get with JJ, no consistency, he is easily out thought and gets by with performances like last week from Skacel which cover up our general poor open play..

I don't think it is over the top to criticise Jefferies, he got it wrong today and has been in the Hearts job long enough to be judged on our results/performances. I think we have won one in eight at home, a run that needs addressed and the buck stops with Jefferies to sort it.

We must get third, anything less and Jefferies will be accountable.

Nobody, the management team and all the players did not look up for the fight today. :unsure: They looke like they been out on the pish last night. Absolutely disgusted with not just their woeful performance but their whole attitude today. :yucky:

I don't think it is over the top to criticise Jefferies, he got it wrong today and has been in the Hearts job long enough to be judged on our results/performances. I think we have won one in eight at home, a run that needs addressed and the buck stops with Jefferies to sort it.

Good post. :thumbsup:

forthriverjambo

Out thought by the Fat Finn. Time to collect the P45. He is yesterday's man.

stop typing complete and utter drivel! feckin hobo in disguise.

No way.

agree. Im sick of players always needing a half time rocket. Send out a message that places aren`t a given in the team. Its some of our players who might end up witha P45, not JJ which is ridiculous to suggest.

Old habits remain with some of our players. Not being up for the game properly and application. Not good enough just to play now and again. We need stronger characters than that.

It certainly isn't over the top to criticise Jefferies. The tactics were wrong, the subs were wrong, our home form is unacceptable (in my view, considerably because of the tactics; tactics which I doubt he has the common sense to change).

But what is totally over the top is to call for his dismissal, which the OP did. And your insistence on 3rd is also, I'm afraid, too much. It takes time to develop a new side and totally change the style of play: there are bound to be ups and downs. 4th or 5th is realistic, but 3rd isn't; and it's if we finish below 5th - thereby making no progress on last season - that Jefferies' position becomes untenable.

Oh, one other thing. You set targets, BH, because naturally, you want to see Hearts achieve as much as possible. But the club's target isn't league positions or trophies at all. It's to develop young players in order to sell them on for profit. That's largely why JJ was re-appointed in the first place. The board's aims aren't those of the fans at all, mate.

Hes not exempt from criticism but how did he get it wrong? We played better and were dominating in the 2nd half until their 2nd goal...that was down to the players doing what they were supposed to feckin do in the first half.

I agree, although Adrian wasn't doing anything good going forward he was the only one stopping Kilmarnock in the midfield. Jonsson was completely anonymous in the middle of the park and moving Rudi in there was a terrible move IMO.

Think subbing Barr was a bad idea tbh, as much as Thomson did make a bit of a difference going forward I don't think Barr was having that bad a game and it was a bit of a waste of a sub.

P45 time is a bit OTT though.

Barr was giving the ball away all the time. His passing is absolutely aweful.

Barr was giving the ball away all the time. His passing is absolutely aweful.

So was Suso's, Jonsson's, Mrowiec's, Elliot's, Kyle's, Rudi's. Need I go on?

maroonlegions

We needed that bit of steel in the middle of the park today and that bit of steel was Ryan Stevenson.Kille where hungrier , they closed us down better and as is always helpful against a team at home and on the back of some good results, you get right in their faces as Killie did.We got what we deserved, feck all.I just hope JJ can get it sorted for next week, the Hobos have a wee scrota that can hurt us and if our defence and midfield play like that then he will get the service.Get it sorted now JJ for i do not want to be leaving fester road next week even more pesshed off than i am just now. :verymad:

It certainly isn't over the top to criticise Jefferies. The tactics were wrong, the subs were wrong, our home form is unacceptable (in my view, considerably because of the tactics; tactics which I doubt he has the common sense to change).

But what is totally over the top is to call for his dismissal, which the OP did. And your insistence on 3rd is also, I'm afraid, too much. It takes time to develop a new side and totally change the style of play: there are bound to be ups and downs. 4th or 5th is realistic, but 3rd isn't; and it's if we finish below 5th - thereby making no progress on last season - that Jefferies' position becomes untenable.

Oh, one other thing. You set targets, BH, because naturally, you want to see Hearts achieve as much as possible. But the club's target isn't league positions or trophies at all. It's to develop young players in order to sell them on for profit. That's largely why JJ was re-appointed in the first place. The board's aims aren't those of the fans at all, mate.

That maybe Romanovs wish Shaun but I'm far from convinced JJ is bothered about that side of things. Jefferies wants results and he wants them now and to put it simply only Wallace is at that this time worth a considerable sum. Driver has a hell of a job to resurrect his career and is a forgotten man and well theres nobody else going to be sold for big money anytime soon. I like JJ and want him to do well, he is a Hearts man and personally I will always have a big soft spot for him but he is certainly not immune from criticism and because of that it pains me to say it but he is doing a mediocre job at best. In fact so far he is failing. Beaten by St Mirren and Falkirk in cup matches and a truly appaling home record leaves him wide open and next week is now a really big Edinburgh derby. And I'm sorry but 3rd bloody well should be realistic.

Maybe. To be fair, WK's post was following a humping by a lesser side. He won't be the only one on JKB making reactionary posts today.

As for saying third isn't realistic, I strongly disagree. There are two better teams in the league, only those two have a better squad than us. If we fail to make third then that will be down to Jefferies. Be mindful Shaun, he hasn't rocked into Tynecastle in pre-season, he has been here since January building a team. I refused to get caught up in criticising him last season as I felt it was all about building for this year, he must make the grade this season. My personal opinion is that if he doesn't get third he will be either sacked or will be nearing the sack. As well as that, I think he should be sacked if we don't get third with the players at his disposal.

Hes not exempt from criticism but how did he get it wrong? We played better and were dominating in the 2nd half until their 2nd goal...that was down to the players doing what they were supposed to feckin do in the first half.

He has to be accountable Debut. He picks the team, the formations and the substitutions. We were convincingly beaten by an inferior side at our own ground, that is Jefferies fault. You point to the players not doing their job, I'd say that it is Jefferies that signs them, trains them, picks them and is there to get the best out of them.

That maybe Romanovs wish Shaun but I'm far from convinced JJ is bothered about that side of things. Jefferies wants results and he wants them now and to put it simply only Wallace is at that this time worth a considerable sum. Driver has a hell of a job to resurrect his career and is a forgotten man and well theres nobody else going to be sold for big money anytime soon. I like JJ and want him to do well, he is a Hearts man and personally I will always have a big soft spot for him but he is certainly not immune from criticism and because of that it pains me to say it but he is doing a mediocre job at best. In fact so far he is failing. Beaten by St Mirren and Falkirk in cup matches and a truly appaling home record leaves him wide open and next week is now a really big Edinburgh derby. And I'm sorry but 3rd bloody well should be realistic.

Mediocre? Yes. Failing? No. 5th - where we are tonight - equals mediocre.

And the trouble with demanding 3rd every single season is it fails to take into account the realities of players coming and going, and building a new team. It's as though we think transition no longer exists, because we're Hearts. Sorry, but that's just ludicrous. This is the very definition of a transitional season: meaning I'm looking for progress, not making demands which can't be met.

So was Suso's, Jonsson's, Mrowiec's, Elliot's, Kyle's, Rudi's. Need I go on?

No but you are saying Barr was having a good game. He wasn't.

No but you are saying Barr was having a good game. He wasn't.

No I never. I said he wasn't having a bad game. Certainly not bad enough to warrant getting subbed at half time.

Says the Norwich fud. We are abysmal, and are the easiest team in the world to play against as our manager doesn't know what he is doing.

JJ gor it wrong today big style and in doing so may have bust any confidence the squad did have.

He imo panicked at half time with the double substitution. Barrs confidence will be shot to pieces again. Whilst we were not great in the first half a half time team talk to sort it out would have been better than a double substitution. He should have gave it 10mins of the second half to see if they had listened to him, now after making two subs we got gubbed 3-0.

He boobed in not taking off Jonsson imo, once Mroweic went off we lost the little dig that we did have in the middle of the park. Th double sub at half time also left us short of options if it is still going wrong or you get an injury like Zal picked up for the last 10mins.

Once you make changes at half time you hope for better, unfortunately JJ got it wrong again and we were gubbed.

This is what we will get with JJ, no consistency, he is easily out thought and gets by with performances like last week from Skacel which cover up our general poor open play..

Agree with this, especially the highlighted part. Today was a really great opportunity for us to stretch the little good run, but we failed abjectly. Have we won three in a row under JJ this time round? We were totally outplayed and out-thought by mediocre opponents. The way we started the match was just all wrong, and we never got going.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that victories under JJ are going to happen only against weak teams that are having a bad day.

No I never. I said he wasn't having a bad game. Certainly not bad enough to warrant getting subbed at half time.

Ok, fair enough. IMO, he was offering us absloutley nothing.

I think we have been pretty patient with Barr, giving him time to settle in at the club but it is time he got his act together. He is not a kid and he is not new to the SPL.

loveofthegame

The subs at half time where bang on imo. Barr was bein torn a new one, he was rank defensively and panics on the ball. Jj was bang on to put ct on. And couldn't disagree with him given stephen elliot a run as well.

JJ started with the same team that cruised to victory last week, of course he wasn't going to change the team.

Today the team didn't perform, simple as that. Fair play to the fat finn who got it totally right. His players were well organised and very up for it. We didn't have the answers, but I blame the players more than the coaching staff

Says the Norwich fud. We are abysmal, and are the easiest team in the world to play against as our manager doesn't know what he is doing.

If he didn't know what he was doing, we wouldn't even be be 5th, two points off 3rd. And I'd be able to take your criticisms much more seriously if you hadn't set your face against the appointment of "Dim and Silly" (:rolleyes:) the moment it happened.

Why do you think other clubs don't sack their manager after one totally unacceptable performance? Including your English one, incidentally - or is that different? It's because other clubs act with a modicum of sense, and don't jerk the knee whenever anything goes wrong.

March 1996: Heart of Midlothian 2-5 Partick Thistle. Remember it? What was the Kidd verdict at the time? Jefferies Out? If not, why not?

He has to be accountable Debut. He picks the team, the formations and the substitutions. We were convincingly beaten by an inferior side at our own ground, that is Jefferies fault. You point to the players not doing their job, I'd say that it is Jefferies that signs them, trains them, picks them and is there to get the best out of them.

mmm, ok, i get what yer saying BH but i still believe, and have from the start of this season, that we`ll see more of a JJ team next season once more offloading is done and more signings.

Most of that team isn`t his and i think he does work so hard to get the best from them, but a manager can still only do so much. He`s given Suso a new lease of life and you can see an improvement, but can he influence everything to do with him? can he stop the petulance, sometimes his lack of vision in seeing other around him? (just an example, not singling out)

It`s up to the players to take personal responsibility on the park and show the right application. Unfortunately, you can`t give players everything, maybe improve things, but this is where manager judgement comes in when signing players and making sure you think you are getting the right attributes you want from them.

It is not the first time... the Fat Fin has nailed JJ, We miss Wallace and we need a sollid player in the middle.

The subs at half time where bang on imo. Barr was bein torn a new one, he was rank defensively and panics on the ball. Jj was bang on to put ct on. And couldn't disagree with him given stephen elliot a run as well.

JJ started with the same team that cruised to victory last week, of course he wasn't going to change the team.

Today the team didn't perform, simple as that. Fair play to the fat finn who got it totally right. His players were well organised and very up for it. We didn't have the answers, but I blame the players more than the coaching staff

Agree with every word.

We have no shape. There is a defence and an attack with nothing in between. Every ball that came loose in midfield was picked up by a Kilmarnock player because of this. Get it sorted and we may have half a chance of finishing third, leave that huge gap and we will struggle for top six.

Having players in the middle of the park who look comfortable on the ball would help, aka Killie :whistling:

That bothered me. Our touch at times was slack. The ball often bobbled off the feet of our midfielders at their first touch. Too slow to move the ball on at times too but that could come down to the lack of support and movement off the ball too, esp in the first half.

Miller Jambo 60

Wot an embarressment today, they were kak to, vlad i wont be back.

crowds are down to 10000.

think on ya russian mup, rather stay at home wi my scottish wife :thumbsup:

dougstar

Agree with the point in bold especially. Outwith the three efforts from Rudi I can barely recall their keeper having a save to make last week.

Same today, can't remember any saves from the Killie keeper.

And to Shaun who is talking about it taking time to change the style of play. The style of play involves one thing, humping it to Kyle at the first opportunity. He is not introducing a passing side. It's awful.

We have no shape. There is a defence and an attack with nothing in between. Every ball that came loose in midfield was picked up by a Kilmarnock player because of this. Get it sorted and we may have half a chance of finishing third, leave that huge gap and we will struggle for top six.

That again came down to responsibility imo. The Mrowiec/Jonsson pairing was looking good with their ability to close down etc...but the wide men have to tuck in and do the dirty work too. Suso and Rudi didn`t make a nuisance of themselves enough off the ball.

No 3rd place and sack is merited. This league is pish and any decent manager should be able to walk 3rd. Merited we have a poor team but Jefferies has had long enough to sort it.

We are not asking for the title, just to be better than the rest in a poor league. That should not be too much to ask for surely?

I don't think the subs were too soon - If he hadn't made them at HT or within the first 10 mins of the re-start assuming passage of play remained the same, he would have rightly got pelters.

So HT it was and there were no objections from the stands after what we had just witnessed in the first half.

Kilmarnock did not play like a team at bottom end of the table to be fair to them - I'm not sure why they are there and mind they were unlucky against the Huns so any notion that we were going to hammer them were ill-founded.

Altough 3-0 at home is an absolute disgrace - even against either of the OF, it should not be happening, end of.

Hearts played like they were out on the sauce last night as another poster has already said.

100 wayward passes, an ineffective Clum, Ruben having a mare, a lost midfield, long balls that caught us out, short passes that were getting us nowhere, a frustrated and lead-footed Kyle, etc, etc.

I took positives from Suso - at least he was trying and running with the ball - and S Elliot who was trying to make things happen.

Also, It removes any "favourites" tag we have going to ER next week, thank christ!

Agree with the point in bold especially. Outwith the three efforts from Rudi I can barely recall their keeper having a save to make last week.

Same today, can't remember any saves from the Killie keeper.

And to Shaun who is talking about it taking time to change the style of play. The style of play involves one thing, humping it to Kyle at the first opportunity. He is not introducing a passing side. It's awful.

See what Le Chat has said on this. How does he turn us into a passing side without a Bryson type, and with a bunch of CMs who are all so similar? And beyond that: why do people think we look so shapeless at home, yet have been so effective on our travels?

The only play of note that we had today was the crisp passing move along the deck that resulted in Rubens effort.

The problem today was we were 2nd in every department to a better Killie side. It was like the players were out on the pish last night. There was no fight in that side. Killie were up for it and we weren't.

It looked like we thought we could just turn up and we'd win.

Only Suso looked up for it and Elliott when he came on. The rest were rubbish.

Lets put this down to a bad day at the office and move on to next week.

See what Le Chat has said on this. How does he turn us into a passing side without a Bryson type, and with a bunch of CMs who are all so similar? And beyond that: why do people think we look so shapeless at home, yet have been so effective on our travels?

I agree we require that badly.

But it doesn't deter from the fact that we should be playing it about better than we are and the signing of Kyle is stifling any sort of chance of us trying to keep it on the deck.

Midfield and attack for me next week:

Black Mrowiec

Suso Skacel Templeton

Elliott

No 3rd place and sack is merited. This league is pish and any decent manager should be able to walk 3rd. Merited we have a poor team but Jefferies has had long enough to sort it.

We are not asking for the title, just to be better than the rest in a poor league. That should not be too much to ask for surely?

Given what he inherited, yes it is - and to demand it immediately is ridiculous. "Any decent manager should be able to walk 3rd" - the arrogance of that statement is alarming. So how come so many don't? How come Hearts have finished 3rd once in the last four years, and that under a manager who was subsequently ridiculed?

Motherwell and Dundee United are both well drilled sides. They're both ahead of us right now (I know United aren't above us in the table, but in real terms, they still are). As clubs, they've been stably run for the last 3 or 4 years, and have developed good, effective teams. It'll take time to overhaul them. Meantime, I think progress is what should be expected, not arbitrary targets.

Archived