Dougie told me to lie

Jasonauskas

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed it hits the fan - Surely the outcomes of this can only be good for Scottish football if it means refs are made to answer difficult questions.

Still this has only been made aware due to one of the gruesome twosome asking questions.

Any other manager in the league would be hauled over the coals for bringing the game into disripute.

Paranoid nah, been facing it for years.

This does not suprise me at all the whole system is corrupt to the core.

We and other fans outwith the old firm knew it all along.

Lets hope articles like this are turning of the tide, am not going to hold my breath though.

Guest GhostHunter

Just finished reading it, and it's jaw dropping.

Dougie McCheat went up to Craven and said, "I ****ked up"....

Quite simply he should NOT be allowed anywhere near a match again - Dallas should resign as well.

It's incredible that this story has lasted so long given that the ref and linesman eventually got the decision RIGHT.

The rules state that the ref can change his decision as long as play has not restarted, which is what he did.

If it had been any team other than celtic it would have been all forgotten about by now.

At last the truth about our game is finally coming out.

But we knew it all along.

MacDonald and Dallas do not have a leg to stand on.

Kenny Clark as well who consantly covers up for his officials

and tells us there is no corruption.

Corrupt Corrupt Corrupt Corrupt Corrupt Corrupt Corrupt Liars!!

Where's the last place Dougie the hobo would like to be in the aftermath of this ?

Let's give him it fecking tight today :thumb:

So, they are admitting bringing the good name of Scottish football, and the GFA into disrepute? The fines will be major <_<

Vlad please take notice - he'd been proven right again, after all the fines he's paid, the standards of the officials is/are corrupt, you cannot say that it's a level playing field.

Victor Meldrew

It's incredible that this story has lasted so long given that the ref and linesman eventually got the decision RIGHT.

The rules state that the ref can change his decision as long as play has not restarted, which is what he did.

If it had been any team other than celtic it would have been all forgotten about by now.

But actually it shouldn't be forgotten as it shows that Dallas and Macdonald are (if the report is correct) dishonest. MacDonald could and should have changed his mind but chose to blame the linesman instead - Dallas then backed him up and put pressure on Craven.

I do think that Celtic fans are paranoid, but to be fair, this isn't the first time they've had a point - remember Jim Farry?

I think that both of the OF get dodgy decisions for them but the Hun do get more.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Dougie McDonald is the fourth official for today's game at Tynecastle?

Cardiac Rucksack

So basically MacDonald got it wrong, changed his mind and because it involved the OF tried to give the decision more credibility. I have little idea why this story is still running.

Guest GhostHunter

So basically MacDonald got it wrong, changed his mind and because it involved the OF tried to give the decision more credibility. I have little idea why this story is still running.

Probably because he forced the linesman to lie for him.

And, that in turn led to Craven resigning.

And, that in turn shows how corrupt the SFA (at all levels) is.

This is tremendous news.

Refs are honest the GFA & Co have told us for years... unless they come out in the press and admit they lie.... :woot:

Mcdonald should certainly go. Dallas as well, but he would simply be replaced with another like-for-like corrupt establishment erse. The sfa have been made to look rather silly here but there's no reason to believe they want anything good to come of it. It's just as likely that they'll carry on thinking they're answerable to nobody and untouchable.

Guest vanbasten1874

Have a feeling that all the flak from this will only help the uglies with even more dubious decisions going their way than there is now the game at Tynie on wed 10th nov will be the acid test for this theory the ref in charge will bottle it in the big decisions i guarantee it .

Cardiac Rucksack

Has anyone asked the linesman from the Falkirk game what MacDonald said to him. The linesman then was also at the edge of the 18 yard box?

I still dont think asking him to lie that he had called him over is the major part of the story. they both still think that it wasnt a penalty.

Guest GhostHunter

Had a conversation yesterday with a director of a lower division club, he said that they never ever get any problems with refereeing at the lower divisions - it only seems prevalent in the SPL, and moreover only when it affects the OF.

Bearing in mind, that came from a director, just goes to show that lower division clubs can see the problems as well.

I'm amazed McDonald has got away with it for so long. Must be way smarter than your average Hibs fan. :lol:

Perhaps Vlad can get some of his money reimbursed due to his outbursts regarding the SFA and the refereeing standards. What he is reported to have said is minor compared to this. Dallas has long been suspected of being biased towards the old form especially by us Hearts fans; these claims confirm it.

Everyone's saying McDonald left Craven to take the flak! What flak? It was the right decision. :blink:

Craven then goes on to moan about getting criticized for an off-side decision by the match observer. If i remember right, the Celtic player was on side, so Craven was right to get criticised...

So a little white lie has turned in to a complete farce because craven didn't do his job properly and informed the referee, he seen the keeper get the ball first.

McDonald has always been a crap referee, None of this surprises me in the least.

McDonald and Dallas should both get the brass tack!!

Wonder if he will still be fourth official today??? If so he is gonna get pelters :rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh

But actually it shouldn't be forgotten as it shows that Dallas and Macdonald are (if the report is correct) dishonest. MacDonald could and should have changed his mind but chose to blame the linesman instead - Dallas then backed him up and put pressure on Craven.

I do think that Celtic fans are paranoid, but to be fair, this isn't the first time they've had a point - remember Jim Farry?

I think that both of the OF get dodgy decisions for them but the Hun do get more.

Maybe the hun do get more dodgy decisions in their favour but let's not forget the smellies get plenty over the rest of us. What get's me is the fact the furore that has been made over a decision against a bigot sister but when it happens to HMFC nothing gets said unless Vlad says something then we get fined. The fact they got the decision correct (eventually) seems lost on the smellies. The issue is nothing really to do with them it's the attempt at a cover-up by McHobo and Dullas of Bonkle.

Guest GhostHunter

Everyone's saying McDonald left Craven to take the flak! What flak? It was the right decision. :blink:

Craven then goes on to moan about getting criticized for an off-side decision by the match observer. If i remember right, the Celtic player was on side, so Craven was right to get criticised...

So a little white lie has turned in to a complete farce because craven didn't do his job properly and informed the referee, he seen the keeper get the ball first.

Think you need to read the story..

Craven told MailSport: "Dougie ran towards me and said: 'I think I've f***** up.' After the game Dougie said we should tell the referee supervisor (Jim McBurnie) that I called him over to question the penalty award.

"I went along with it because I wanted to be supportive of Dougie.

"But then Neil Lennon came in after the game and asked Dougie why he hadn't given the penalty kick.

"We told Neil the version that was a lie.

"It was wrong to lie. And I'm not proud that I went along with Dougie's suggestion.

"I decided to quit a few days later. I'd had enough of Hugh Dallas and John Fleming (the SFA referee development officer).

"For a while I felt I had been a victim of harassment and bullying from them.

"A lot of guys are not happy with it and are ready to walk away."

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said: "Dougie hasn't accepted responsibility for Steven's resignation.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Dougie McDonald is the fourth official for today's game at Tynecastle?

What's the betting that the **** is replaced at the last minute ?

Have a feeling that all the flak from this will only help the uglies with even more dubious decisions going their way than there is now the game at Tynie on wed 10th nov will be the acid test for this theory the ref in charge will bottle it in the big decisions i guarantee it .

That's the truth of it all. If Dougie McDonald had made that mistake at any match involving any other teams outwith the Old Firm none of this would have made headlines. It's only Celtics involvement and their incessant whining about bias against them that's caused any of this. We had decisions overturned twice for penalties last season - one in particular if I remember correctly involved McDonald asking a linesman after being told to do so by Steven Pressley. No large scale investigation and no press clamour for either incident then. This all goes to show up the cancer that the Old Firm are in the game here.

All the comments from Celtic Fans saying well done to lennon for exposing it. Lennon was peripheral to the truth coming out. Also last week, he put the officials unfairly into the spotlight.

Also, its rich them complaining about a 'Cover Up', considering their recent unsavoury history.

The linesman wasn't forced and was happy to go along with the lie until he started to feel the heat. Lets not pretend he is some sort of victim in all of this.

portobellojambo1

I really don't understand why they had to lie in the first place.

Surely if MacDonald had said to both Lennon and the SFA "I gave the decision, then had some doubts. I then went to the linesman and spoke to him. He saw the incident from a different angle and confirmed the keeper had touched the ball first so I reversed my original decision", that would have been it.

The murkier side is the reasons why people felt the need to lie and then perpetuate that lie.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Some nice stuff from a cheating ex-assistant ref and a current cheating cretin and his boss.

Whats the point of assessment if the "team" club together and discuss the major incidents to "get the story right". ????

Mr Craven has admitted that he based his opinion on what happened in a previous match and NOT what he actually saw.

In any other league in the world there would be a major investigation into whether this is the norm or an isolated incident.

Scottish Football is corrupt and rotten to the core & for that reason, I'm out.

the first reply in the comments is a beauty.

tic67 I think was the name but he is using this to make out smeltic are some sort of knight in shining armour " well done to Celtic for standing up to this"

Do they live in the real world. We have had much greater injustices and not a column inch on the subject. They are only finding out now that McDonald is a cheat with a pathelogical hatred of Hearts yet we have had to endure him for years and his dodgy decisions. The fact that his reputation as a hobo never made the SFA not appoint him to our games says volumes. they just dont care unless it affects the OF as they all see them as the means they make there living from.

Mate o mine worked beside McHobos old man and he conceeded that "Dougie" hates hearts with a passion.

Does anyone recall the first time he came to our attention (McHobo) for me it was a bizarre decision to sent off Maybury at Livingston where AM kicked the ball as the two player went for the ball but as the Livi player fell forward Maybury blootered it into his face looked an accident but McHobo sent Maybury off. The first I recall in a loooooong line of bad or sorry crooked decisons against Hearts. Maybe we should send off about 1000 letters quering everything he has done cos going by the Lennon yard stick they will have to be looked at.

Commander Harris

Surely if MacDonald had said to both Lennon and the SFA "I gave the decision, then had some doubts. I then went to the linesman and spoke to him. He saw the incident from a different angle and confirmed the keeper had touched the ball first so I reversed my original decision", that would have been it.

The murkier side is the reasons why people felt the need to lie and then perpetuate that lie.

exactly. ?

Guest vanbasten1874

That's the truth of it all. If Dougie McDonald had made that mistake at any match involving any other teams outwith the Old Firm none of this would have made headlines. It's only Celtics involvement and their incessant whining about bias against them that's caused any of this. We had decisions overturned twice for penalties last season - one in particular if I remember correctly involved McDonald asking a linesman after being told to do so by Steven Pressley. No large scale investigation and no press clamour for either incident then. This all goes to show up the cancer that the Old Firm are in the game here.

Correct this wont help the rest of us in any way it will be tidied up apologies made then even more Old Firm bias will emerge with thoughts of Macdonaldgate running through refs heads. We need rid of the whole sorry organisation to get anywhere near competent unbiased refereeing in this country ,

MacDonald Jardine

Some nice stuff from a cheating ex-assistant ref and a current cheating cretin and his boss.

Whats the point of assessment if the "team" club together and discuss the major incidents to "get the story right". ????

Mr Craven has admitted that he based his opinion on what happened in a previous match and NOT what he actually saw.

In any other league in the world there would be a major investigation into whether this is the norm or an isolated incident.

Scottish Football is corrupt and rotten to the core & for that reason, I'm out.

To be fair what he said was that he thought the goalie got the ball but was 25 yards away whereas McDonald was far closer.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

The bit that shocks me is

"When Hugh phoned he asked me to talk over the penalty. He said: 'So what happened after you called out for Dougie to come over? You called out Dougie, Dougie, Dougie?'"My wife was in the room and I told him that was not the case. I told Hugh he now knew the truth.

"The truth was the version Dougie had told him over the phone.

"But Hugh repeated: 'What are you talking about, you said Dougie, Dougie, Dougie and called him over' but I told Dallas I did no such thing.

"Dougie came clean and so did I. But Hugh didn't seem to accept that.

That's terrible. If he's trying to get him to stick to the lie, I mean.

Btw - people who jump all over this and say 'aha! I was right all along, corrupt! Cheat!' etc should remember that this doesn't expose a pro OF/anti Hearts thing. If anything it just makes the referee's boss look like a snide *******.

We've all known for years that MacDonald is a cheating Hibs *****.

I'm absolutely delighted about all of this coming out.

Happy Halloween.

Listening to Traynor yesterday and i think he said something along the lines of celtic made 30 complaints last season about referees.

It could be that ref's are scared to get it wrong when they are in charge of celtic games.

Now Neil Lennon is being depicted as the peoples champion where the fact is all he was doing was complaining that Celtic weren't awarded their usual penalty that wasn't. You couldn't make it up. Dallas and McHobo have to walk as they cannot be trusted but I'm sure it will all be swept under the carpet.

Will The SFA be refunding the fines Vlad has paid for speaking out about the corruption? Thought not

I can see what Jumpship means though, Craven should have said to McDonald that it was not a penalty the moment that he saw Pernis got a hand to the ball, that's why he's bloody well there. I'm no fan of McDonald but it should not matter whether he get's called over by the linesman or if he changes his mind on realizing he made a mistake - they should be able to make the right decision without feeling they need to justify themselves or lie about it to protect themselves from the media and the OF Scumbags.

You're absolutely correct in what you say but this time their moaning might just help us all by getting rid of McDonald, Dallas and anyone else involved in this ridiculous cover-up.

I hope they keep it up and push it all the way.

Maybe the hun do get more dodgy decisions in their favour but let's not forget the smellies get plenty over the rest of us. What get's me is the fact the furore that has been made over a decision against a bigot sister but when it happens to HMFC nothing gets said unless Vlad says something then we get fined. The fact they got the decision correct (eventually) seems lost on the smellies. The issue is nothing really to do with them it's the attempt at a cover-up by McHobo and Dullas of Bonkle.

Exactly!! Hearts have penalties overturned, extremely controversial sendings-offs, etc and nobody gives a monkeys, failing to see that their club is a sleeping victim of the same hypocrisy and merely not at the sharp end at that moment in time aka "It's Hearts, cannae stand them anyway - they deserve it" Blah Blah Blah

Regardless of whether we are hated by others or not, this is rot setting in and bad for the game as a whole as eventually, such lunacy will start seeping into fixtures that don't involve Hearts.

Of course, it's not lost on anyone that it's one of the OF that has created a wave - If this had been Hearts, Hibs, Utd, Aberdeen, does anyone believe this would be a story??

VR knows this too and takes the fines when something needs to be said. He is alone though and it's been said time and time again, the other Chairmen need to grow a pair instead of eating crap to survive on their revenue scraps.

Correct this wont help the rest of us in any way it will be tidied up apologies made then even more Old Firm bias will emerge with thoughts of Macdonaldgate running through refs heads. We need rid of the whole sorry organisation to get anywhere near competent unbiased refereeing in this country ,

This is why the uglies, as ambassadors of Scottish football, get emptied and are hated by the locals.

It's different when the officials are not from the west coast of Scotland, results tend to go in their favour then - ever wondered why? Thought not. Got this round the wrong way, but you know what I mean, it's 05.45am still up waiting for the match to start - oh, what the hell, I'll have a pre-match beer, thanks for offering :D

OK i understand they lied, but its not much of a lie is it?

My problem with Craven is, he's admitted he seen the keeper touch the ball first but decided to say nothing. Its only when the referee ask's him for his opinion on the incident, does he DO HIS JOB!.

So from a nothing lie, turns in to a shameful episode in Scottish football.

So if McDonald admitted he changed his mind after asking Craven, questions would have been asked, why didn't Craven come forward. was he happy giving Celtic a penalty knowing the keeper got the ball first?

Guest GhostHunter

If you put Vlad in the place of Lennon, and substituted Hearts for Celtic, then the end result would be a massive fine from the SFA and nothing else done.

We should actually be thankful that it WAS Celtic, and that it HAS come out.

Liars are liars no matter how you sugar coat it...and I'd rather not have liars in charge of our league games.

Listening to Traynor yesterday and i think he said something along the lines of celtic made 30 complaints last season about referees.

It could be that ref's are scared to get it wrong when they are in charge of celtic games.

Refs are scared they get it wrong when the decision goes against either of the Old Filth - wrong decisions for them don't count. I'll bet none of the thirty letters contained anything about any dodgy decision (and there are plenty of them) that have gone in Celtics favour last season. It's time the SFA grew some balls and stood up both Celtic and Rangers - may be the first step in this would be moving their offices away from Glasgow.

Had a conversation yesterday with a director of a lower division club, he said that they never ever get any problems with refereeing at the lower divisions - it only seems prevalent in the SPL, and moreover only when it affects the OF.

Bearing in mind, that came from a director, just goes to show that lower division clubs can see the problems as well.

Watching a lot of lower league football, I can say he's talking heehaw. The refereeing standards up and down the leagues are truly atrocious.

As for what happened, regardless of McHobo and Dallas's actions, why is hardly anyone asking why Craven thought it fit and proper to lie in the first place? Liars are liars are liars and from what seems to have occurred, they are all culpable in this sorry sham.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

To be fair what he said was that he thought the goalie got the ball but was 25 yards away whereas McDonald was far closer.

And there you go then, "he thought" ???

He either saw the incident or he didn't and that SHOULD be the case with every call they make. If they haven't got the courage and authority to control a game on what is factually on show then the game is fecked.............Oh wait a minute !!!!

I have no problem with refs or assistants making decisions on what they have seen, I have a problem with refs and assistants making decisions on thoughts, who is playing and were the game is played.

I have a bigger problem with lying officials.

Corrupt, cheating bawbags.

Archived