If you could overhaul the catering at tynie / Azure & Sodexho (merged)

droid

Napoleon  Wilson

Make sure the ovens were hot enough to keep the food hot, not warm or cold like they normally are. I would also ensure that the water used for hot drinks was indeed hot.

That's the basics covered, now for the food itself. The pies are rotten, they taste like the ones you get from Farmfoods or Iceland, 6 for a pound. The prices charged for everything are far too steep as well. I know the kids like the hotdogs but they are far too expensive for what they are.

The catering at Dunfermline is good. They use a local baker to run the catering and most of the stuff they sell in the ground is the same stuff they sell in their local shops. They have added a small sum onto the prices but not too much, just enough to cover the wages of the kids serving.

So to sum up, get a local baker/butcher to do the catering and get decent stuff in with a reasonable mark up compared to normal prices. Don't rip off your own fans just because you have a captive audience.

Either that or get the laddies back walking around the touchline selling Kia Ora, fish & chips, Wagon Wheels & Klix chuggy!

This :thumbsup:

GoldenChed.png

Lets be honest here - if you judge by the size of the queues, there aren't enough kiosks selling food to meet the demand.

I'll certainly be looking at alternatives to eat before I go in now based on the quality. I'm at Fester Road tomorrow night in the John Leslie stand for the U-21 game then at Hampden the following day.

The catering at both is far superior to ours.

Easter road is the same catering company as tynecastle. azure. And hampden park is run by sodexo. The company that we used to use.

Can I offer my services to the club to selflessly (on expenses, obviously) travel to as many games world wide on a fact finding mission for the catering services?

I'll start in the Bundesliga, as i like sausages. Then off to Seria A and Lige 1.

sodeho were by far the most organized and try to delivery a very high standered of food . the people from h m f c that tryed to run the hospitality did not have a clue , they should just let the caterers {sodexo and asure }do what the do in so many other venues .

also aimed at ribble.....

that might be the thing. the food when we went corp wasn't great, but i was more pished off at the way they served it. they simply couldn't be arsed being there and it showed

the night of THAT aberdeen game, you know the one... penalty from hartley, takis singing etc...

they had pasta & pizza

i asked what was on the pizza..

reply was meat on that one, veggie is the other. i asked what meat, and what veg (wasn't clear when looking) and was told in a pretty dismissive way that they didn't know.

pasta was bland, but food catered for large crowds often are cos everyone has different tastes

i did eat again at tynie at the end of last season and i have to say the catering and the service, was very good indeed. it was like chalk and cheese

I noticed from the BBC News tv coverage today that Sodexho were providing the catering to the Chilean miner's rescue team (and families?) on the surface. As if they didn't have enough to cope with.

Archived