If you could overhaul the catering at tynie / Azure & Sodexho (merged)

droid

heartsfc_fan

Subway style baguette counters.

Alcohol sold in plastic bottles* :unsure:

*Better not because we'll all get kicked out of the stadium for being drunk

Make sure the ovens were hot enough to keep the food hot, not warm or cold like they normally are. I would also ensure that the water used for hot drinks was indeed hot.

That's the basics covered, now for the food itself. The pies are rotten, they taste like the ones you get from Farmfoods or Iceland, 6 for a pound. The prices charged for everything are far too steep as well. I know the kids like the hotdogs but they are far too expensive for what they are.

The catering at Dunfermline is good. They use a local baker to run the catering and most of the stuff they sell in the ground is the same stuff they sell in their local shops. They have added a small sum onto the prices but not too much, just enough to cover the wages of the kids serving.

So to sum up, get a local baker/butcher to do the catering and get decent stuff in with a reasonable mark up compared to normal prices. Don't rip off your own fans just because you have a captive audience.

Either that or get the laddies back walking around the touchline selling Kia Ora, fish & chips, Wagon Wheels & Klix chuggy!

Guest juvehearts

we have been ere before

how are you ment to serve 15000 people in 2 hrs with subway's???

impossiable.

the pies ect there are rank rotten

what happened to the chips?

get more haggis pie's & for god sake.

come 2hrs before kickoff to turn everything on.

even if it is a 12pm kick off.

you reading this asure

Make sure the ovens were hot enough to keep the food hot, not warm or cold like they normally are. I would also ensure that the water used for hot drinks was indeed hot.

That's the basics covered, now for the food itself. The pies are rotten, they taste like the ones you get from Farmfoods or Iceland, 6 for a pound. The prices charged for everything are far too steep as well. I know the kids like the hotdogs but they are far too expensive for what they are.

The catering at Dunfermline is good. They use a local baker to run the catering and most of the stuff they sell in the ground is the same stuff they sell in their local shops. They have added a small sum onto the prices but not too much, just enough to cover the wages of the kids serving.

So to sum up, get a local baker/butcher to do the catering and get decent stuff in with a reasonable mark up compared to normal prices. Don't rip off your own fans just because you have a captive audience.

Either that or get the laddies back walking around the touchline selling Kia Ora, fish & chips, Wagon Wheels & Klix chuggy!

THIS!!!

The brideas(spelling?)are outstanding one of my favourite grounds to visit for this reason alone.

Would make the grub a bit healthier, use McGhees reduced fat pies for a start! Also need to add in a wider selection. Would have juice machines al a McDonalds, am I right in thinking the only cold soft drink at the moment is capri sun?

As long as they keep the Capri Sun and the Bovril I'm not much fussed about what they do.

Toasties would be good though. I've seen them done at other similar large venues so the heating equipment etc must be the same sort of thing as we currently use for the pies and burgers etc.

Ribble - off the top of my head I think there's also Ribena available plus coke/diet coke from 500ml bottles but poured into plastic cups.

Have a proper breakfast or dinner before you leave and you'll not need to buy any of the muck on sale. :thumbsup:

jambos are go!

personally I think the Steak pies are pricey but usually good. Too hot if anything. I'd be more likely to go to hospitality I they did decent fish and chips and good curries

Having been to HMSA I would not gladly pay a premium for what the caterers offer.

On the cold winter midweek games

Rolls on Bacon

Rolls on Sausages

Rolls on Eggs

And when I was at Ibrox years ago they had Pakora with a nice sauce.

It went down a treat.

On a crappy day all round football and weather wise.

On the cold winter midweek games

Rolls on Bacon

Rolls on Sausages

Rolls on Eggs

And when I was at Ibrox years ago they had Pakora with a nice sauce.

It went down a treat.

On a crappy day all round football and weather wise.

I love the use of "on" for filled rolls. I use it myself. A roll on corned beef. A piece on jam. Magic chat.

Pies and bovril should be all you can have at football. Maybe capri suns, wagonwheels and highlander crisps (pronounced, "cris")

If a local butcher is used, I vote for Bains. Best pies in the world, bar none.

i really don't know why people bemoan the catering. it's not as if people are forced to eat inside the stadium. there are also ways and means of getting something decent if you really need to.

i've met the chap who runs the show, ben. he seems like a very professional guy and i'm sure he knows his business well enough to do the best he can by the fans.

If there was some way we could get rid all those gormless plukey teenagers behind the kiosks might be a start.

More people serving so you could have a hope of getting out your seat at half time, buying something and not missing the second half kick off (for which reason I rarely sample the catering).

Or they could have monitors positioned so that you could watch the match while queueing.

i'd start by teaching them to clean the place and turn on the ovens

the staff attitudes are usually good and if you complain about cold food they have given me my cash back or the next time, i got something free.

the burgers aren;t good, but ya know, pies i have tried generally ok (only tried the steak pie and the haggis pies)

usually i'll rurn up, get a bovril and sit and watch the game though

on the occasions i've gone corp though, oh my god!

sodexo were awful!!!!

seems a little better since its changed, but they were forkin ridiculously bad

RoussetsShorts

I've never understood why clubs even sell food at fitba, if a grown adult cannot go 105 minutes without food then maybe they should grow up a bit.

Last season they seemed to make an effort by getting a few specials in like Pizza. This season it is a shambles, and there is even less on offer.

The pies are usually stuck to the foil tins they are in, and you need to eat them with your fingers.

The veggie options are crap, and I've been given three different things when I've gone up.

Usually I'm too busy to have time to eat before I get into the ground (work, Saturday morning chores etc), so it would be nice if they could get the catering up to the standard of the likes of Hibs, the Old Firm, and Dunfermline. Ours is third-rate by comparison.

I wonder how many people give up waiting in the queues at half time - there isn't any point going up unless you queue before the end of the first half. Does this inefficiency cost Hearts money?

Tell the *******s who run the stadium to go and have a look at arsenal, bayern Munich and mansion square gardens ! That's how you treat customers and make lots of fecking money !

My biggest problem with the way things are run at tynecastle is that it seems like we are not interested in making any money in any of our opertions !

Ribble - off the top of my head I think there's also Ribena available plus coke/diet coke from 500ml bottles but poured into plastic cups.

Fair enough hadn't noticed, would be a lot quicker to use a juice machine like McDonalds rather than decanting bottles though!

i'd start by teaching them to clean the place and turn on the ovens

the staff attitudes are usually good and if you complain about cold food they have given me my cash back or the next time, i got something free.

the burgers aren;t good, but ya know, pies i have tried generally ok (only tried the steak pie and the haggis pies)

usually i'll rurn up, get a bovril and sit and watch the game though

on the occasions i've gone corp though, oh my god!

sodexo were awful!!!!

seems a little better since its changed, but they were forkin ridiculously bad

Having on occasion worked for both Sodexho and Asure I have to say that Sodexho are miles better! Asure run much lower stock levels to reduce waste but this can cause a lot of things to run out, Sodexho have so many other venues that they can simply move stock around!

Asure management are complete a holes so I'm never surprised when their staff seem dissinterested!

grumpy rebus

Sell decent, hot pies and hot Bovril

No tea & coffee, no hotdogs, no burgers.

Cold drink and sweeties can be sold on the terrace (okay, stands)

Back to basics

Small local businesses from Edinburgh and the surrounds, preferably family-run, with a good variety of different homemade food e.g. pies, bridies, pizzas, hot rolls, soup, chippy chips, hot dogs, burgers, kebabs, pakoras etc.

Handing out franchises to catering companies is just asking for and getting low quality. Their only interest is to make as much profit as possible, so they buy the cheapest crappiest food, employ the cheapest labour i.e. spotty disinterested teenagers, and in general just have low standards across the board.

Beer would be nice too but never going to happen because of the police.

jambos are go!

Last season they seemed to make an effort by getting a few specials in like Pizza. This season it is a shambles, and there is even less on offer.

The pies are usually stuck to the foil tins they are in, and you need to eat them with your fingers.

The veggie options are crap, and I've been given three different things when I've gone up.

Usually I'm too busy to have time to eat before I get into the ground (work, Saturday morning chores etc), so it would be nice if they could get the catering up to the standard of the likes of Hibs, the Old Firm, and Dunfermline. Ours is third-rate by comparison.

I wonder how many people give up waiting in the queues at half time - there isn't any point going up unless you queue before the end of the first half. Does this inefficiency cost Hearts money?

Dont think so. The concession to sell food is sold via competitive tender to the highest bidder. HMFC get the cash and its up to the caterers to sell the stuff to get their money back.

theloneranger

Having on occasion worked for both Sodexho and Asure I have to say that Sodexho are miles better! Asure run much lower stock levels to reduce waste but this can cause a lot of things to run out, Sodexho have so many other venues that they can simply move stock around!

Asure management are complete a holes so I'm never surprised when their staff seem dissinterested!

YEAH COMPLEATLY AGREE HERE. i have also worked for both companys . sodeho were by far the most organized and try to delivery a very high standered of food . the people from h m f c that tryed to run the hospitality did not have a clue , they should just let the caterers {sodexo and asure }do what the do in so many other venues .

theloneranger

sodeho were by far the most organized and try to delivery a very high standered of food . the people from h m f c that tryed to run the hospitality did not have a clue , they should just let the caterers {sodexo and asure }do what the do in so many other venues .

I'd like to see vendors walkin through the stands like they do at baseball games in the U.S... friendly fans passing along the goodies to each other in a joyous sense of unity and fellowship whilst we sit on our arses watchin the famous gub some team...

... think I'm still pished.

Drylaw Hearts

Or...................

Do it ourselves.

Can it really be that difficult to organise food & drink for a hundred folk every 2 weeks or so ?

GEt a local bakery to supply everything. hire double the staff. get MORE of everything. Lower the prices.

Haha quite literally the worst business plan ever. More staff, more stock and lower prices.

Haha quite literally the worst business plan ever. More staff, more stock and lower prices.

Lets go the whole hog and improve the quality of the product and the training of the staff and we can have them out of business in no time :thumbsup:

Lets be honest here - if you judge by the size of the queues, there aren't enough kiosks selling food to meet the demand.

I'll certainly be looking at alternatives to eat before I go in now based on the quality. I'm at Fester Road tomorrow night in the John Leslie stand for the U-21 game then at Hampden the following day.

The catering at both is far superior to ours.

future is maroon

The whole thing needs a complete overhaul.

Plenty of decent shops and bakers in Gorgie that sell far superior food and far more realistic.

In 20 years of going to Tynie I have bought food and/or juice from there on less than say 10 occasions as if I wanted sweets/crips then there are plenty shops on Gorgie Road to meet my needs and Greggs for a take away or Koffee Pot for a sit in are ideal. Very rare time I have bought something has been due to a serious hangover or totally having no time to get anything to eat before the game.

In Tynie they should have more people serving and lower prices. People say they would lose money this way but the reality is they would sell far more so it would cover itself - even try it for say 6 games and see how it goes as if it doesn't work at least they have tried - if the lower prices and more staff/shorter queue's doesn't work then fans then can't really complain about lack of staff or prices etc as they had their chance. As it stands just now fans are totally entitled to moan about the prices and queue's etc.

Archived