We went along & supported Rix

Craigieboy

Even though we had a good squad, do you ever look back & think WTF?

Rix!

****s sake!

I suppose we should have known what the future held when we accepted this useless sack of *****! Romanov was asking us to bend over & we took it with a smile.

Christ almighty!

Gigolo-Aunt

Rix was appointed as they thought they would have someone who would not stand up to them due to being black balled in football.

Rix did stand up in the end though.

Who exactly took it with a smile?

Most Hearts fans i know were disgusted with the appointment. The team was still playing well and we were challenging at the top of the league so i guess people were prepared to trust the guy who provided the opportunity.

Rix was appointed as they thought they would have someone who would not stand up to them due to being black balled in football.

Not exactly in the mould of Burley but I do have a chuckle when I think back to his comments before that DU game.

Good on him.

Who exactly took it with a smile?

Most Hearts fans i know were disgusted with the appointment. The team was still playing well and we were challenging at the top of the league so i guess people were prepared to trust the guy who provided the opportunity.

Possibly the wrong choice of words. Yet, we did sell out all the home games.

I suppose the paradox comes between the feeling now & the feeling then.

CR and his cohorts thought they had appointed a patsy. Well done Rix for standing up to VR and his meddling. :cool:

We?re "supporters" - It?s our role. Support the manager until we decide his right to manage is forfeit. Some people prejudged him based on other issues, some didn?t. Don?t beat yourself up over it.

We?re "supporters" - It?s our role. Support the manager until we decide his right to manage is forfeit. Some people prejudged him based on other issues, some didn?t. Don?t beat yourself up over it.

The decline has been spread over time. My point is that the Rix appointment was the start of it.

Romanov has taken the **** out of the Hearts fans for a long, long time.

That is what saddens me.

The decline has been spread over time. My point is that the Rix appointment was the start of it.

Romanov has taken the **** out of the Hearts fans for a long, long time.

That is what saddens me.

It?s easy to find key moments retrospectively and TBH when Burley was sacked most of us would have settled for Robson or Scala. It was a huge risk to take on Rix and I admired the ballsyness of his doing that. Unfortunately it turned out as you say and we?ve had a procession of shooite ever since... (Sadly) Rix was not the worst manager we?ve had in the last 2 years. Apart from Andy Webster, he seemed to hold the squad together pretty well in trying circumstances and with loads of newcomers being foisted upon him... A big part of me wishes Rix had had the cajones to not just moan to the squad that night in Dundee but to play Webster regardless. I wonder what would have happened if he?d done that?

Can you remember who it was that Rix was forced to play instead of Webster?

It?s easy to find key moments retrospectively and TBH when Burley was sacked most of us would have settled for Robson or Scala. It was a huge risk to take on Rix and I admired the ballsyness of his doing that. Unfortunately it turned out as you say and we?ve had a procession of shooite ever since... (Sadly) Rix was not the worst manager we?ve had in the last 2 years. Apart from Andy Webster, he seemed to hold the squad together pretty well in trying circumstances and with loads of newcomers being foisted upon him... A big part of me wishes Rix had had the cajones to not just moan to the squad that night in Dundee but to play Webster regardless. I wonder what would have happened if he?d done that?

Can you remember who it was that Rix was forced to play instead of Webster?

Mate, it was a risk taking on Rix. A big one. I remember not being happy at all at the time.

My main point is that looking back, it showed what we were in for.

Mate, it was a risk taking on Rix. A big one. I remember not being happy at all at the time.

My main point is that looking back, it showed what we were in for.

Anyone touted for the job at the time would have been a risk:

Robson?: Old and about to have a stroke though we didn?t know it at the time...

Scala?: No capis Inglese!

Ranieri?: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????...

Vlad was impetuous and found himself in a chairman?s nightmare: seeking a manager mid-season. Unless you are a big club or willing to pay top dollar that is a terrible situation to be in, especially if it?s a successful manager who has just walked...Talk about a rock and an hard place.

Rix was a risk, yes, but it was the continuation of the nonsense for 2 more years and counting that has been the real sickener... It?s reached the stage where I missed the game yesterday and realised as I lay in bed at night that I hadn?t checked the football score. I went to sleep, and didn?t find we?d drawn with bloody St Mirren until this morning...I?ve never done that before and it worries me TBH...

topoarthursseat

RIX V`S MONKEYHEIDS FLAIRMEISTERS CONTAINING BROONALDO, RATBOY, O`CONNOR ,WHITTAKER, THOMSON, CALDWELL MURPHY ET AL

3-O UP AFTER 30 MINS - TACTICALLY P*SHED ALL OVER MOWBRAY THAT DAY . SO IT WAS NOT ALL BAD .

I wasn't too displeased with Rix until he brought Jim Duffy in. That was when I wanted the pair of them out.

That night at Dundee Utd was when Petras the Stracheny were threw in. Both were played out of position and got hammered by the fans. Was also the only night when fans wanted Robbie Neilson on the pitch. Crazy.

RIX V`S MONKEYHEIDS FLAIRMEISTERS CONTAINING BROONALDO, RATBOY, O`CONNOR ,WHITTAKER, THOMSON, CALDWELL MURPHY ET AL

3-O UP AFTER 30 MINS - TACTICALLY P*SHED ALL OVER MOWBRAY THAT DAY . SO IT WAS NOT ALL BAD .

No need for Caps Lock bud...........:mw_rolleyes:

Vlad was impetuous and found himself in a chairman?s nightmare: seeking a manager mid-season. Unless you are a big club or willing to pay top dollar that is a terrible situation to be in, especially if it?s a successful manager who has just walked...Talk about a rock and an hard place.

Rix was a risk, yes, but it was the continuation of the nonsense for 2 more years and counting that has been the real sickener... It?s reached the stage where I missed the game yesterday and realised as I lay in bed at night that I hadn?t checked the football score. I went to sleep, and didn?t find we?d drawn with bloody St Mirren until this morning...I?ve never done that before and it worries me TBH...

I agree with you to a degree mate. Yet, some managers did have a better 'reputation' than Rix. Not to mention a better pedigree.

Woof, woof!

taking on Rix was never a 'risk'

it was a calculated plan, and a disgusting one at that

How can you say that ?

Rix was a "Hero" :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
taking on Rix was never a 'risk'

it was a calculated plan, and a disgusting one at that

It certainly was.

chester copperpot
It certainly was.

Rix's appointment disgusted me.

His style of play disgusted me.

Romanov now disgusts me.

chester copperpot
It will not surprise you, that this is exactly how I feel.

I'm seriously considering only going to away games next season, as I've just about had enough.

I probably wont follow through with it, but thats how bad its got for me now. Never ever thought that I would even consider giving up my ST.

jack D and coke

Rix was a risk, yes, but it was the continuation of the nonsense for 2 more years and counting that has been the real sickener... It?s reached the stage where I missed the game yesterday and realised as I lay in bed at night that I hadn?t checked the football score. I went to sleep, and didn?t find we?d drawn with bloody St Mirren until this morning...I've never done that before and it worries TBH...

That started for me a while back mate. It is worrying that Romanov has ripped any real feeling for Hearts out of me with all his pish.

I just find it hilarious that the same people who thought it was fine to sack Burley for being a bevvy merchant were prepared to give a convicted beast a shot at it.

Archived