No wonder the Huns hate the Sheep

PTBCAL

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

Obviously these two players turned to playing football (allegedly) because they had no education, I cant quite believe just how thick these zoomers come across.

Well, as a so-called 'Prod', that will be me getting crushed from Zander Diamond and the other mutant just for being of Protestant faith.

What a ******* arsehole of a man.

But are you of the "Protestant faith"? Do you believe in the priesthood of all believers? Do you pray and read your bible?

I don't adhere to any faith, by the way. But I know quite a few professing Protestants and none would describe anyone as a "******** arsehole"

As we all know, this whole Protestant / Catholic thing as it applies to football really has nothing to do with what either faith believes and everything to do with people looking for spurious reasons to hate each other because they are somehow "different".

Both sides of the Old Firm will always look for ways of defining everybody as a Billy or a Tim. Bizarrely, the not remotely Catholic city of Aberdeen turns out to be Celtic-minded. What a load of **** My point is, why do some Hearts fans make such a thing of this?

The bad blood between Rangers and Aberdeen has its roots on what has happened on the pitch. But let's not look for simple explanations.

But are you of the "Protestant faith"? Do you believe in the priesthood of all believers? Do you pray and read your bible?

I don't adhere to any faith, by the way. But I know quite a few professing Protestants and none would describe anyone as a "******** arsehole"

As we all know, this whole Protestant / Catholic thing as it applies to football really has nothing to do with what either faith believes and everything to do with people looking for spurious reasons to hate each other because they are somehow "different".

Both sides of the Old Firm will always look for ways of defining everybody as a Billy or a Tim. Bizarrely, the not remotely Catholic city of Aberdeen turns out to be Celtic-minded. What a load of **** My point is, why do some Hearts fans make such a thing of this?

The bad blood between Rangers and Aberdeen has its roots on what has happened on the pitch. But let's not look for simple explanations.

i would regard myself as a christian and zander diamond is a ******* arsehole.

SectionDJambo

The hatred between these clubs probably originated from Rangers effectively snuffing out Aberdeen's glory years when Souness took over. The Simpson "tackle" aggrevated the hatred, not helped by Aberdeen fans gloating about it since instead of being ashamed one of their players did it. It was a horrible challenge which Simpson should have been banned for a long time for.

The suspicion of Rangers fans about Aberdeen allegedly trying harder against them than Celtic, even survived the 2 Jimmy's being in charge. Hardly 2 guys with Celtic loyalties. I remember one of them even saying that the combination lock to their office was 1690, amd having a good laugh about it.

i would regard myself as a christian and zander diamond is a ******* arsehole.

That's fine, as long as your view of ZD is within the bounds of "loving your enemy" which is what you Christians advocate.

I'm an atheist and I hate Zander Diamond. Remember his elbow on Velicka, as the were both getting up from a tackle which the ref missed a couple of seasons back? It was a jaw-breaker. I hate the guy cos he's a cheat not cos he's a tim. Maybe that's due to his sellick-mindedness though!!!

That's fine, as long as your view of ZD is within the bounds of "loving your enemy" which is what you Christians advocate.

thanks for the approval. what are your views on zander and michaels` facebook comments?

If you left your car lights on and i noticed, i wouldn't tell you.

That's how much i hate you right now for this cut-throat observation. :mellow:

As a Christian you should be aware of Christ's instruction to his followers (Mathew 5:44)

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Or as Master Yoda said

"Fear is the path to the dark side, Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" (SW1:TPM)

Not that I want to impose my sincerely held religious views on anybody else

Or as Master Yoda said

"Fear is the path to the dark side, Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" (SW1:TPM)

Not that I want to impose my sincerely held religious views on anybody else

Bloody jedi extremists, coming to our country, trying to turn our kids. You're not welcome. Eff off back to Dagobah and take yer force with you.

thanks for the approval. what are your views on zander and michaels` facebook comments?

They have exactly the same distorted view of religion as the Plastic Proddies who are surfacing on this thread.

The facebook comments are stupid, offensive, idiotic, ignorant, naive, I could go on.

And clearly not typical of Aberdeen or its (non sectarian) football team.

They have exactly the same distorted view of religion as the Plastic Proddies who are surfacing on this thread.

The facebook comments are stupid, offensive, idiotic, ignorant, naive, I could go on.

Well said that man :thumbsup:

the difference being they are not just fans they are players representing aberdeen fc. as craig thomson has found out the responsibilities of playing with an spl club do not end out of working ours.

in an age where scottish football is supposed to be clamping down on bigotry and racism in football is a stern word from the club enough?

is a stern word from the club enough?

I don't know. That wasn't the point I was addressing. What do you think should happen?

How small minded and utterly naive of you to think this is what makes Aberdeen a Celtic minded club.

Religion has hee haw to do with it.

Snake Plissken

How small minded and utterly naive of you to think this is what makes Aberdeen a Celtic minded club.

Religion has hee haw to do with it.

Please enlighten those with that opinion then.

the floor is yours....

Please enlighten those with that opinion then.

the floor is yours....

As a team filled with Celtic supporting players/officials, who hold the mantra that Hearts and Rangers are everything that's wrong with football, they certainly hold a degree of Celtic-mindedness.

At least as much at St Mirren (1877-1986) did that fateful day.

Bloody jedi extremists, coming to our country, trying to turn our kids. You're not welcome. Eff off back to Dagobah and take yer force with you.

"Do or do not, there is no try " (SW5:TESB)

I don't know. That wasn't the point I was addressing. What do you think should happen?

i got your earlier point i was just moving the conversation along. i`m not sure what should happen maybe fine them? i remember donald finlay singing some pro-ulster song (or something similair) and having to resign (but obviously he wasn`t a player).

i certainly think they should be made an example of in some way, rather than this being swept under the carpet.

the sfa are always going on about stamping out bigotry but it seems like just talk to me.

i also don`t think you can underestimate the level of bad feeling this sort of thing creates.

Snake Plissken

As a team filled with Celtic supporting players/officials, who hold the mantra that Hearts and Rangers are everything that's wrong with football, they certainly hold a degree of Celtic-mindedness.

At least as much at St Mirren (1877-1986) did that fateful day.

Can't really argue with that one, TBF.

I have no time at all for Aberdeen anyway, regardless of Celtic-mindedness. They're a deluded shower of geeting-faced moaners, who have mangled the English language with that diabolical accent and the city they live in is a festering grey backwater. I say this as someone who lived about an hour away from the place for 10 years.

i got your earlier point i was just moving the conversation along. i`m not sure what should happen maybe fine them? i remember donald finlay singing some pro-ulster song (or something similair) and having to resign (but obviously he wasn`t a player).

i certainly think they should be made an example of in some way, rather than this being swept under the carpet.

the sfa are always going on about stamping out bigotry but it seems like just talk to me.

i also don`t think you can underestimate the level of bad feeling this sort of thing creates.

I agree that the club should make a show of them for being so pathetically stupid but let's not kid ourselves that it means anything more than it really does. It's just another example of a rubbish opportunity for the plastic proddies to have a go at the plastic catholics. If they weren't so busy grabbing at straws maybe some of them would have time to actually visit a church.

I agree that the club should make a show of them for being so pathetically stupid but let's not kid ourselves that it means anything more than it really does. It's just another example of a rubbish opportunity for the plastic proddies to have a go at the plastic catholics. If they weren't so busy grabbing at straws maybe some of them would have time to actually visit a church.

i agree that it presents an opportunity for plastic proddies to have a go at plastic catholics but the comments were much more than that.

i wonder if they had suggested running over muslims or jewish people if the reaction would have been the same.

i agree that it presents an opportunity for plastic proddies to have a go at plastic catholics but the comments were much more than that.

i wonder if they had suggested running over muslims or jewish people if the reaction would have been the same.

Chances are they know derogatory remarks on the basis of ethnicity, race or religion are generally frowned upon in most social circumstances but like many other people who frequent football stadiums they tend to forget that being in the vicinity of a spherical thing that people kick with their feet doesn't suddenly make it acceptable. Most footballers are just neds with money after all.

Captain Lithuania

Meh, catholics, prodies, sheep or huns... Makes little difference, thickos are thickos no matter what their background is.

Post of the year.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Zander and the other clown are clearly thick as feck and a bit sectarian minded, shock.

I have a question for the proddy side of the same pontless and thicko attracting coin...

Seeing as how I hate Celtic and Rangers FAR more than the sheep and as a result, hate Rangers more than Aberdeen... Does this make me Sellick-minded?

I really feel this is something I should get clarification on from the... Errrrr... 'Experts'?... On this thread, thanks in advance.

Zander and the other clown are clearly thick as feck and a bit sectarian minded, shock.

I have a question for the proddy side of the same pontless and thicko attracting coin...

Seeing as how I hate Celtic and Rangers FAR more than the sheep and as a result, hate Rangers more than Aberdeen... Does this make me Sellick-minded?

I really feel this is something I should get clarification on from the... Errrrr... 'Experts'?... On this thread, thanks in advance.

wouldn`t class myself as an expert on the matter but would imagine you would have to like celtic to be classed as celtic minded. levels of hatred are your own particular choice i should imagine.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

wouldn`t class myself as an expert on the matter but would imagine you would have to like celtic to be classed as celtic minded. levels of hatred are your own particular choice i should imagine.

That is the sort of response I would expect from someone that does not immerse themselves in such stupidity... I was more interested in the views of the guys who live and breath the whole sectarian divide.

Your views are far too sensible I am afraid Jonny-boy. :thumbsup:

You're a barrel of contradiction, Mothy. A Celtric-minded Mini ***! :down:

Never heard the like...

I wouldn't bet on it.

Commander Harris

Quite. ?As a protestant*, an actual protestant that actually believes in the doctrines of justification by faith alone apart from works, the sufficiency of the scriptures and the priesthood of all believers, ?I can confirm I don't really give a toss about what childish nonsense Zander Diamond, or anyone else for that matter, is posting on facebook. ?

Sectarianism in Scotland is simply a bunch of nominal 'followers' name-calling a bunch of other nominal 'followers'. ?Unfortunately the Old Firm make a business out of perpetuating these nominal identities and that is a huge contributing factor as to why, in some areas of Scotland, these things are still an issue. ?

*albeit one that believes the priority of this label comes well below others like "Christian"

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Quite. As a protestant*, an actual protestant that actually believes in the doctrines of justification by faith alone apart from works, the sufficiency of the scriptures and the priesthood of all believers, I can confirm I don't really give a toss about what childish nonsense Zander Diamond, or anyone else for that matter, is posting on facebook.

Sectarianism in Scotland is simply a bunch of nominal 'followers' name-calling a bunch of other nominal 'followers'. Unfortunately the Old Firm make a business out of perpetuating these nominal identities and that is a huge contributing factor as to why, in some areas of Scotland, these things are still an issue.

*albeit one that believes the priority of this label comes well below others like "Christian"

As a protestant... Shouldn't the abbreviation be Protty rather than proddy anyway? Not that it makes much difference right enough but I cannot help but feel that the term 'proddy' came about because the people using the term are a bit thick and could not prnounce the name properly and so thought it was prodestant. Or is it a bit like Bob being short for Robert. Also is it an offensive term?

I demand answers!

What has it got to do with Rangers, or Celtic, for that matter?

Since when did Rangers become the home of Protestantism in Scotland? Is that not the job of the Church of Scotland?

Michael Paton's dad is a Protestant. Many Aberdeen fans (and Hearts fans) will be Protestants. So when did it become about Aberdeen offending Rangers?

The comments never mentioned Rangers or Celtic.

It is just a matter of being honest. Aberdeen have frequent love-ins with their celtic cousins.

They always sing songs like "we hate Rangers more than you" when playing celtic.

How is that a love in? We don't do it arm-in-arm with Celtic fans while we sing it.

Its called banter. Not every chant has to be all about how much you hate each other.

In fact, I don't think there's any secret Aberdeen and Hearts aren't particularly the best of friends. Can you think of any offensive chants each support sings to each other at games, because I can't.

Perhaps thats makes you Aberdeen-minded?

The hatred between these clubs probably originated from Rangers effectively snuffing out Aberdeen's glory years when Souness took over.

No, it was around a long time before that.

We hated the Old Firm for the same reason as every other team and town in Scotland did - for their bigotry, for their fans disgraceful behaviour when in the Granite City, for the bias shown to them by the SFA, etc.

The ill feeling leaned more to Rangers than it did to Celtic after Aberdeen and Rangers were going for the League title in 1978. The Dons finally had the measure of the Old Firm and they knew it.

Rangers were playing Motherwell at Fir Park, with 15,000 Rangers fans making up the 20,000 crowd. Rangers were getting beat, and doing what they had a habit of doing back then when in that position, their fans invaded the pitch.

The feeling in Aberdeen was that the game should have been abandoned with the points given to Motherwell, or at last Rangers docked points. Instead the teams were taken off the pitch, the pitch cleared, and the game continued after the delay, and Motherwell who up until then had been in their ascendancy came out to what could only be described as an intimidating atmosphere (can you imagine playing in that atmosphere, scared that another goal would cause another pitch invasion of thousands of pissed-up Rangers fans?), and lost the game 5-3.

Rangers won the title by two points.

A year later it was strongly felt Aberdeen were cheated in the League cup final after Derek Johnstone dived to get Doug Rouvie sent off.

As Aberdeen then started to dominate the games, and Scottish football, while Rangers were relegated to being mere bystanders, their hatred of us increased. Willie Johnston's stamp on John McMaster's throat meant the latter being given the kiss of life on the pitch. Two subsequent Cup final victories in a row for the Dons (one by the scoreline of 4-1 in Aberdeen's favour), the Gers only managing one win at Pittodrie in 13 years, and regular thumpings of them at Ibrox, turned the clashes into heated affairs.

Then of course, Souness arrived, the tide changed, and yes - it was the Dons who were on the receiving end of heartbreaking defeats that do little to create any sort of friendship between the two.

For four years in a row Rangers met Aberdeen at Hampden in the League Cup, the first three being epic finals. We met in both cup finals in the 92/93 season. As Celtic struggled, it was Aberdeen and Rangers generally going for the title, of course the closest battle being in 1991 when it came down to a final day winner-takes-all clash at Ibrox. Matches between the two fo course were important to the destination of the league title.

Games like these tend to create a rivalry. The Neil Simpson/Ian Durrant challenge inflamed things, but to suggest it is the mere cause of the rivarly is wrong.

The angst from Dons fans over the situation comes more from the media's vilification of all things Aberdeen in the after-math of that. I may be able to find it on the internet somewhere, but the Sun's comment the day after the game described the whole Aberdeen team as cheats, while in the weeks after journalists tried their best to hound Simpson out of the game.

Whether you think the tackle was bad or not, Simpson is a hero in Aberdeen, of course we were going to defend the man, just like you lot would of the same sort of criminalisation was made of Ian Black (even though, lets be fair, he's probably not that much of a hero at Tynecastle. Try to imagine John Robertson being hounded out of the game for one bad tackle after a previously unblemished career). Yes the singing of the tackle, especially now, is out of order and is actually done by people who look like they weren't old enough to be alive in 1988 - but Dons fans defending Simpson at the time wasn't, especially since Durrant was suing both Simpson and the club.

As for Aberdeen and Celtic, the rivalry was never going to be so intense between the two. We hated them as much as Rangers in the 70's, fought many an important clash in the 80's, then Celtic disappeared. Apart from the odd cup final, can you think of a Celtic v Aberdeen game that had everything riding on it? Not just every once in a blue moon, but following seasons, or every couple of months, that seemed to happen between Rangers and Aberdeen?

The animosity never built up the same way. However, I fail at see at what point we became best of friends?

I'd liken it to Aberdeen/Hearts and Hearts/Hibs to be honest. You hate Hibs far more, and for good reason, yet it doesn't exactly make us best of chums does it?

I hope that helps you understand a little more about how it all started, and apologies for having a Rangers-Aberdeen conversation on your messageboard, but then I didn't start the topic, I'm only replying to the posts on the previous page.

I actually wrote an article on the whole topic a few months ago, feel free to read it if you're interested any further: http://tinyurl.com/ygvsg72

What do you mean?

I think merely not hating them makes you Celtic-minded in some people's eyes.

Anyway, good post from Leyenda. Seems it was all about football after all.

RoussetsShorts

Since when did Rangers become the home of Protestantism in Scotland? Is that not the job of the Church of Scotland?

Michael Paton's dad is a Protestant. Many Aberdeen fans (and Hearts fans) will be Protestants. So when did it become about Aberdeen offending Rangers?

How is that a love in? We don't do it arm-in-arm with Celtic fans while we sing it.

Its called banter. Not every chant has to be all about how much you hate each other.

In fact, I don't think there's any secret Aberdeen and Hearts aren't particularly the best of friends. Can you think of any offensive chants each support sings to each other at games, because I can't.

We hated the Old Firm for the same reason as every other team and town in Scotland did - for their bigotry, for their fans disgraceful behaviour when in the Granite City, for the bias shown to them by the SFA, etc.

The ill feeling leaned more to Rangers than it did to Celtic after Aberdeen and Rangers were going for the League title in 1978. The Dons finally had the measure of the Old Firm and they knew it.

Rangers were playing Motherwell at Fir Park, with 15,000 Rangers fans making up the 20,000 crowd. Rangers were getting beat, and doing what they had a habit of doing back then when in that position, their fans invaded the pitch.

The feeling in Aberdeen was that the game should have been abandoned with the points given to Motherwell, or at last Rangers docked points. Instead the teams were taken off the pitch, the pitch cleared, and the game continued after the delay, and Motherwell who up until then had been in their ascendancy came out to what could only be described as an intimidating atmosphere (can you imagine playing in that atmosphere, scared that another goal would cause another pitch invasion of thousands of pissed-up Rangers fans?), and lost the game 5-3.

A year later it was strongly felt Aberdeen were cheated in the League cup final after Derek Johnstone dived to get Doug Rouvie sent off.

As Aberdeen then started to dominate the games, and Scottish football, while Rangers were relegated to being mere bystanders, their hatred of us increased. Willie Johnston's stamp on John McMaster's throat meant the latter being given the kiss of life on the pitch. Two subsequent Cup final victories in a row for the Dons (one by the scoreline of 4-1 in Aberdeen's favour), the Gers only managing one win at Pittodrie in 13 years, and regular thumpings of them at Ibrox, turned the clashes into heated affairs.

Then of course, Souness arrived, the tide changed, and yes - it was the Dons who were on the receiving end of heartbreaking defeats that do little to create any sort of friendship between the two.

For four years in a row Rangers met Aberdeen at Hampden in the League Cup, the first three being epic finals. We met in both cup finals in the 92/93 season. As Celtic struggled, it was Aberdeen and Rangers generally going for the title, of course the closest battle being in 1991 when it came down to a final day winner-takes-all clash at Ibrox. Matches between the two fo course were important to the destination of the league title.

Games like these tend to create a rivalry. The Neil Simpson/Ian Durrant challenge inflamed things, but to suggest it is the mere cause of the rivarly is wrong.

The angst from Dons fans over the situation comes more from the media's vilification of all things Aberdeen in the after-math of that. I may be able to find it on the internet somewhere, but the Sun's comment the day after the game described the whole Aberdeen team as cheats, while in the weeks after journalists tried their best to hound Simpson out of the game.

Whether you think the tackle was bad or not, Simpson is a hero in Aberdeen, of course we were going to defend the man, just like you lot would of the same sort of criminalisation was made of Ian Black (even though, lets be fair, he's probably not that much of a hero at Tynecastle. Try to imagine John Robertson being hounded out of the game for one bad tackle after a previously unblemished career). Yes the singing of the tackle, especially now, is out of order and is actually done by people who look like they weren't old enough to be alive in 1988 - but Dons fans defending Simpson at the time wasn't, especially since Durrant was suing both Simpson and the club.

As for Aberdeen and Celtic, the rivalry was never going to be so intense between the two. We hated them as much as Rangers in the 70's, fought many an important clash in the 80's, then Celtic disappeared. Apart from the odd cup final, can you think of a Celtic v Aberdeen game that had everything riding on it? Not just every once in a blue moon, but following seasons, or every couple of months, that seemed to happen between Rangers and Aberdeen?

The animosity never built up the same way. However, I fail at see at what point we became best of friends?

I'd liken it to Aberdeen/Hearts and Hearts/Hibs to be honest. You hate Hibs far more, and for good reason, yet it doesn't exactly make us best of chums does it?

I hope that helps you understand a little more about how it all started, and apologies for having a Rangers-Aberdeen conversation on your messageboard, but then I didn't start the topic, I'm only replying to the posts on the previous page.

I actually wrote an article on the whole topic a few months ago, feel free to read it if you're interested any further: http://tinyurl.com/ygvsg72

Jeezo, you lot really do think you are important don't you, well your not and I hope you go bust soon.

Aberdeen only give 100% 4 times a season. FACT.

:lol:

Even McGhoo believes that.

Anyway this thread was only intended as a bit of light hearted banter.

Alba gu Brath

You know fine well why the Huns are interested so why ask the question? I'm actually interested in why a player who plays with a rival to Celtic managed by a die hard celtic supporter is photographed in Celtic headband and makes anti Protestant remarks on Facebook

Remember 1986 when a st mirren team riddled with tis played celtic on the last game of the season

This latest Facebook stuff doesn't endear me to Aberdeen either

Eh? Scott Brown was apparently a die-hard Hun as a kid. Where did he go and where is he now?

And more pertinent, WTF has this all got to do with religion? These two Aberdeen neds know about as much as religion as your average hun. If the huns were true 'Prods' they wouldn't play fitba on the Sabbath, they'd all be circumcised and they wouldn't celebrate the Pagan/Popish festival of Xmas. Oh aye, and they wouldn't worship a gay Dutch tyrant. Guess what though...

We should follow the French and ban ALL public displays of religion. If you're stupid enough to believe in any god then keep it to home and church.

Eh? Scott Brown was apparently a die-hard Hun as a kid. Where did he go and where is he now?

And more pertinent, WTF has this all got to do with religion? These two Aberdeen neds know about as much as religion as your average hun. If the huns were true 'Prods' they wouldn't play fitba on the Sabbath, they'd all be circumcised and they wouldn't celebrate the Pagan/Popish festival of Xmas. Oh aye, and they wouldn't worship a gay Dutch tyrant. Guess what though...

We should follow the French and ban ALL public displays of religion. If you're stupid enough to believe in any god then keep it to home and church.

Let it all out dude

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The two of them as punishment should have to watch every minute of the coverage

Or to stare into a mirror for a week.

Michael-Paton-Dec-2009_2400537.jpg

Diamond1101SDM_468x312.jpg

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Well, as a so-called 'Prod', that will be me getting crushed from Zander Diamond and the other mutant just for being of Protestant faith.

What a ******* arsehole of a man.

I was Christened in a Presbyterian Church, but consider myself an Athiest. However, seeing as hate crimes are all the rage, will they get charged?

I like how my post on what makes Aberdeen a Celtic minded club has been completey ignored in favour of this nonsense that it's a religious thing :thumbsup:

Nothing like an agenda, eh chaps? ;)

shaun.lawson

I like how my post on what makes Aberdeen a Celtic minded club has been completey ignored in favour of this nonsense that it's a religious thing :thumbsup:

Nothing like an agenda, eh chaps? ;)

Your post was utter nonsense, Eck. Aberdeen's only half decent manager since the early 90s never failed to remind all and sundry that he was a Rangers man!

Aberdeen are about as Celtic minded as Hearts are Rangers minded. In other words, not at all.

Your post was utter nonsense, Eck. Aberdeen's only half decent manager since the early 90s never failed to remind all and sundry that he was a Rangers man!

Aberdeen are about as Celtic minded as Hearts are Rangers minded. In other words, not at all.

Right, so we'll only consider Aberdeen employees who were any good then? :laugh: Take a step back shaun.lawson, the people who have expereince of Scottish football are talking :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Right, so we'll only consider Aberdeen employees who were any good then? :laugh: Take a step back shaun.lawson, the people who have expereince of Scottish football are talking :thumbsup:

My conclusion stands. If "we hate Rangers more than you" is some magical evidence of Celtic-mindedness on their part, Hearts fans singing Rangers songs at Celtic Park must be evidence of Rangers-mindedness on our part. In fact, there's quite clearly some Hearts fans who delight in hating Celtic more than some Rangers fans hate Celtic; bizarre, because in terms of overall achievement, Hearts are to Celtic what a mosquito is to an elephant.

La_Leyenda's post explained things very well. Many, many Aberdeen-Rangers games over a long period were crunch affairs; and even after Fergie left, Aberdeen stayed up there for almost another decade while Celtic collapsed. Aberdeen's other problem is being a one club city: so they have to develop a rivalry with someone. A combination of circumstances made that someone, Rangers.

Archived