No wonder the Huns hate the Sheep

PTBCAL

My conclusion stands. If "we hate Rangers more than you" is some magical evidence of Celtic-mindedness on their part, Hearts fans singing Rangers songs at Celtic Park must be evidence of Rangers-mindedness on our part. In fact, there's quite clearly some Hearts fans who delight in hating Celtic more than some Rangers fans hate Celtic; bizarre, because in terms of overall achievement, Hearts are to Celtic what a mosquito is to an elephant.

La_Leyenda's post explained things very well. Many, many Aberdeen-Rangers games over a long period were crunch affairs; and even after Fergie left, Aberdeen stayed up there for almost another decade while Celtic collapsed. Aberdeen's other problem is being a one club city: so they have to develop a rivalry with someone. A combination of circumstances made that someone, Rangers.

*sigh*

You know that's not what I said, shaundotlawson. The ideals of a fan base go far beyond what songs they sing.

Have you ever been to Pitawdry shaundot? The mantra of their fans goes beyond singing songs about Rangers, perhaps attending proper football matches might show you that a fans idealogy is built upon more than what they sing from the terrace :thumbsup:

Also, you have done nothing to disprove my claim of Aberdeen FC being full of Celtic supporting players and officials. Apart from some nonsense about Jimmy Calderwood, whom the Aberdeen fans hated during his reign, which was totally irrelevant as he's no longer employed by Aberden FC.

You'll forgive me for no longer taking you seriously, as a man who's spent more time on football phone in's than he has at Hearts matches.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, can you tell me what Rangers songs Hearts fans sing at Celtic Park?

I've never heard any.

shaun.lawson

*sigh*

You know that's not what I said, shaundotlawson. The ideals of a fan base go far beyond what songs they sing.

Have you ever been to Pitawdry shaundot? The mantra of their fans goes beyond singing songs about Rangers, perhaps attending proper football matches might show you that a fans idealogy is built upon more than what they sing from the terrace :thumbsup:

Also, you have done nothing to disprove my claim of Aberdeen FC being full of Celtic supporting players and officials. Apart from some nonsense about Jimmy Calderwood, whom the Aberdeen fans hated during his reign, which was totally irrelevant as he's no longer employed by Aberden FC.

You'll forgive me for no longer taking you seriously, as a man who's spent more time on football phone in's than he has at Hearts matches.

I've been to Pittodrie several times. There are no Aberdeen fans with pro-Celtic ideals!

What do Aberdeen fans think of Mark McGhee? As he's ex-Celtic, you'd argue he's popular - right? But he isn't. Last season, he was even gobbed on by one of his own fans! But that's strange for a "Celtic minded" club, isn't it?

I've been to Pittodrie several times. There are no Aberdeen fans with pro-Celtic ideals!

What do Aberdeen fans think of Mark McGhee? As he's ex-Celtic, you'd argue he's popular - right? But he isn't. Last season, he was even gobbed on by one of his own fans! But that's strange for a "Celtic minded" club, isn't it?

As Hearts spent six months lining up Mark McGhee to be manager, presumably that makes us a Celtic-minded club too.

What? Disliking their manager for not getting results? Celtic minded doesn't mean 'happy to see their club fail to win 9 games in a row'.

I also find the idea of you at a Hearts match to be pretty ******* funny, if I'm honest :laugh:

Oh, and if you've got the time, what Rangers songs do Hearts fans sing at Parkhead?

shaun.lawson

As Hearts spent six months lining up Mark McGhee to be manager, presumably that makes us a Celtic-minded club too.

Indeed. It's a wonder we didn't all beg McGhee to come while breaking out into verses of The Fields of Athenry and The Celtic Symphony, really. :mellow:

Indeed. It's a wonder we didn't all beg McGhee to come while breaking out into verses of The Fields of Athenry and The Celtic Symphony, really. :mellow:

Not to mention the photos that appeared on Kickback of Paul Hartley attending a Celtic match while still a Hearts player. I'm beginning to see a pattern.

shaun.lawson

What? Disliking their manager for not getting results? Celtic minded doesn't mean 'happy to see their club fail to win 9 games in a row'.

I also find the idea of you at a Hearts match to be pretty ******* funny, if I'm honest :laugh:

Oh, and if you've got the time, what Rangers songs do Hearts fans sing at Parkhead?

At Celtic Park, some Hearts fans sing songs which only Rangers fans generally sing. And worse: some people point to Aberdeen's poor recent record against Celtic as magical 'proof' of there being an affinity between the two; but Hearts' recent record against Rangers is execrable, whereas against Celtic, it's been half-decent. Even during a period in which Celtic were dominating Scottish football!

How strange. :mellow:

shaun.lawson

Not to mention the photos that appeared on Kickback of Paul Hartley attending a Celtic match while still a Hearts player. I'm beginning to see a pattern.

And Pressley too. Maybe we're just a Celtic feeder club? Maybe the signings of Darren Jackson or Stephane Mahe are evidence of a "uniquely close" relationship between us? :o

At Celtic Park, some Hearts fans sing songs which only Rangers fans generally sing. And worse: some people point to Aberdeen's poor recent record against Celtic as magical 'proof' of there being an affinity between the two; but Hearts' recent record against Rangers is execrable, whereas against Celtic, it's been half-decent. Even during a period in which Celtic were dominating Scottish football!

How strange. :mellow:

Such as what? Again, I don't hear Rangers exclusive songs at any Hearts game not involving Rangers.

I suspect you may be on about songs like Rule Brittania, which is in no way a Rangers song :thumbsup:

And Pressley too. Maybe we're just a Celtic feeder club? :o

Fortunately we have the Hibs-minded Lee Wallace and Craig Thomson to establish some kind of balance.

Can't really argue with that one, TBF.

I have no time at all for Aberdeen anyway, regardless of Celtic-mindedness. They're a deluded shower of geeting-faced moaners, who have mangled the English language with that diabolical accent and the city they live in is a festering grey backwater. I say this as someone who lived about an hour away from the place for 10 years.

I bet they were glad you were an hour away. Great city, generally friendly people with a pretty horrendous monority who are as bad as you get anywhere, even Edinburgh. You obviously got sacked or made redundant. If noy why stay there 10 years. What wonderful part of Scotland do you frequent now?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Also, can you tell me what Rangers songs Hearts fans sing at Celtic Park?

I've never heard any.

Archived