Zal back training ! Future uncertain until he gets real tho'

Guest vanbasten1874

Jambof3tornado

We have no idea at all what Zal was asking. It may be that he was only on ?2k a week and now wants ?5k a week,bringing him in line with some of the higher earners at the club. He could probably get that if he sees out his deal and moves on,and if he doesnt play in maroon again then good luck to him wherever he goes(as long as its outwith scotland!!).

Guest vanbasten1874

Lets not believe a word that is printedv in these Scotsman publication rags , never mind buy them

Your serious about this arent you ?

I scour everywhere for hmfc news m8 dont care where i get it no morals that way . :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We have no idea at all what Zal was asking. It may be that he was only on ?2k a week and now wants ?5k a week,bringing him in line with some of the higher earners at the club. He could probably get that if he sees out his deal and moves on,and if he doesnt play in maroon again then good luck to him wherever he goes(as long as its outwith scotland!!).

He asked for 20k a week.

No.26 can GTF as far as I'm concerned. He's lucky to be at a club like Hearts.

winston churchill

He asked for 20k a week.

No.26 can GTF as far as I'm concerned. He's lucky to be at a club like Hearts.

correct,

he will end up unemployed like jose the sprinter.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Your serious about this arent you ?

I scour everywhere for hmfc news m8 dont care where i get it no morals that way . :rolleyes:

Too right matey , they are nothing but sheeitee stirring , at the Scotsman everything is anti Hearts

If you want Hearts news go on the official website where you get the true facts first .

Say What Again

I'm glad Zal's being treated the same as Jose, and not being considered for selection.

Offer him ?3k per week, if he turns it down, let him sit out until December then go.

I'm glad Zal's being treated the same as Jose, and not being considered for selection.

Offer him ?3k per week, if he turns it down, let him sit out until December then go.

Why can't we offer him what we want to pay him and play him until the end of the year, assuming he is fit and his form warrants it, whether he accepts it or not? :unsure:

Guest vanbasten1874

Why can't we offer him what we want to pay him and play him until the end of the year, assuming he is fit and his form warrants it, whether he accepts it or not? :unsure:

Good shout he is still employed by us afterall .

Say What Again

We could of course.

I just feel Jose was frozen out as we didn't want anyone not committed to the club. I had a sneaky feeling Zal may be an exception to this rule and therefor I'm glad it's not, or at least appears not to be, one rule for one.

If we're going to be without him from December, then I'd let Barr and Bouzid (if that's who it's to be) start to form a partnership now.

Never really rated Zal that highly anyway TBH.

Better still, send him back to Kaunas.

That'll learn him.

Say What Again

Better still, send him back to Kaunas.

Funnily enough I actually had that very suggestion included in my post, but then deleted it as I thought he may enjoy a wee jaunt back to his homeland at our expense. :lol::verymad:

Funnily enough I actually had that very suggestion included in my post, but then deleted it as I thought he may enjoy a wee jaunt back to his homeland at our expense. :lol::verymad:

It wouldn't be at our expense as he's not our player. We could just terminate the loan contract.

we could really do with him back. we're not that well covered at CH and getting zali back will allow JJ to use eggy in midfield or at LB.

zali could be very important to multiple squad issues. i hope he signs quick smart.

Say What Again
i hope he signs quick smart.

As a matter of interest, lets assume reports are correct and he wants silly money, how much would you be prepared to pay him?

I think my figure of ?3k is fair.

Say What Again

It wouldn't be at our expense as he's not our player. We could just terminate the loan contract.

Aren't there rules about long term loans though? I'm not sure you can just send someone back after agreeing to take him long term.

If Kaunas were happy to have him, then he can go :thumbsup:

I do hope they resolve the situation soon if only so that we don't have to listen to it anymore. Yes, we're short in defence and yes, it's quite clear from recent performances that he is missed nevertheless I hate the idea of him thinking he has us over a barrel. It's not as if he's slow to try and screw us for what he can get at the moment. dry.gif

As a matter of interest, lets assume reports are correct and he wants silly money, how much would you be prepared to pay him?

he should be 'wage matched' with the highest earner at the club. no more than that.

maybe he can be 'sweetened' with a large cut of a potential transfer fee.

I don't believe ANYONE playing in the SPL should be paid more than 5k per week, This league isn't good enough...Let them make their exhorbitant wages up with Win Bonus, Clean sheets, Appearance money, Cup Win bonuses etc...Not Just at Hearts, ALL clubs including the Mhanky mobs fro the West should be under these restrictions. Stop paying Stupid F****** Money to players who aren't good enough to play anywhere else. If they're good enough, let them go, get players who want to play Football and make a decent living, not Players who want Massive wages and couldn't give a **** if they never won anything in their lives!!

Zal is worth 2k MAX, Then Bonuses. 20k My Hairy Arse and he's worth that!! dry.gif

Where did the 20k figure come from?

Barry Anderson - and sadly most on kickback believe it.

Not sure what is more ridiculous, Bazza for printing it or the muppets on here taking it as gospel :woot:

Barry Anderson - and sadly most on kickback believe it.

Not sure what is more ridiculous, Bazza for printing it or the muppets on here taking it as gospel :woot:

And from a very reliable source on here who had the Rudi deal and what the strip was like, weeks and weeks before they made the press. Infact, BAnderson lifted the 20k off Kickback.

We could of course.

I just feel Jose was frozen out as we didn't want anyone not committed to the club. I had a sneaky feeling Zal may be an exception to this rule and therefor I'm glad it's not, or at least appears not to be, one rule for one.

If we're going to be without him from December, then I'd let Barr and Bouzid (if that's who it's to be) start to form a partnership now.

Never really rated Zal that highly anyway TBH.

If Bouzid and Barr are to be our central defensive pairing for the season then there is some merit in that. If not, and they plan to replace Zal in the transfer window, then it's questionnable. I just think it's crazy to have someone you are paying good money for sitting in the stand week after week. Contracts last a particular length of time and you should look to get the most value out of that period imo.

And from a very reliable source on here who had the Rudi deal and what the strip was like, weeks and weeks before they made the press. Infact, BAnderson lifted the 20k off Kickback.

Ddidn't a more in the know source rubbish the story though? Think the name was Marius something...

Say What Again

Ddidn't a more in the know source rubbish the story though? Think the name was Marius something...

Regardless if it's ?20k or not, he's asking too much and hasn't signed.

Even if it's ?6k he wants he can do one.

Banderson lifts all his stories from kickback.

Fact.

He's not going to come out and admit he wants 20k a week to stay at Hearts, is he? :laugh:

You only have to read JJ's comments on the issue to realise he was asking for megabucks. He talks about No.26 pricing himself out of Hearts and perhaps trying to engineer a move away. Not asking you to believe it mate but I certainly do.

I think that the captain of the team should be paid the most of all the players regardless of the skill level. To be captain you must be respected by the whole team that in its self makes the award of highest wages make sense. The next highest paid should be the vice captain.

Maybe to attract class players we (Mr Romanov) will have to offer a decent wage and as this is unlikely to happen more than once or twice a season, the captain and vice captain wages should rise in line. So, if the structure is in place for annual raises and possible increasing the wage budget for new players coming to the club.

Then surely it would be better for the club and players to raise the captain's wage. This in itself would give them the incentive to stay at the club. and for future players to want the ambition to be captain and stay at the club longer.

As we have now discovered there will be no more ridiculous out of per portion wages being payed to players at Hearts. So therefore maybe 10% of the highest paid newbie gets added to the captain's wages as an annual pay raise. that IMHO would keep everybody happy at not that much more expense to the club.

I think that the captain of the team should be paid the most of all the players regardless of the skill level. To be captain you must be respected by the whole team that in its self makes the award of highest wages make sense. The next highest paid should be the vice captain.

Maybe to attract class players we (Mr Romanov) will have to offer a decent wage and as this is unlikely to happen more than once or twice a season, the captain and vice captain wages should rise in line. So, if the structure is in place for annual raises and possible increasing the wage budget for new players coming to the club.

Then surely it would be better for the club and players to raise the captain's wage. This in itself would give them the incentive to stay at the club. and for future players to want the ambition to be captain and stay at the club longer.

As we have now discovered there will be no more ridiculous out of per portion wages being payed to players at Hearts. So therefore maybe 10% of the highest paid newbie gets added to the captain's wages as an annual pay raise. that IMHO would keep everybody happy at not that much more expense to the club.

Worst idea ever.

Did you invent the square wheel per chance ?

Yes, Marius rubbished the claims following Banderson's article and in response JJ then confirmed that it was true the following day in an interview. I know who I believe.

Yes, Marius rubbished the claims following Banderson's article and in response JJ then confirmed that it was true the following day in an interview. I know who I believe.

I didn't see JJ's response, so I could be entirely wrong, but could it be possible that Zal's 20000 is in Lithuanian Litas, about ?4,900 pounds? That sounds more likely to me.

I didn't see JJ's response, so I could be entirely wrong, but could it be possible that Zal's 20000 is in Lithuanian Litas, about ?4,900 pounds? That sounds more likely to me.

I don't think so. The suggestion from those ITK is that he was pricing himself well beyond Hearts' means at Premiership salary levels. JJ himself referred to Zal asking for wages that way exceed our means and while I know we're skint ?4900 per week isn't really quite as shocking a demand as all that.

JJ said: "Marius went back to Lithuania to negotiate terms but I believe they're miles apart. He's after quite a considerable amount which is way beyond our means," Jefferies told the Evening News.

More here: http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Zaliukas39-Hearts-career-in-the.6508541.jp

It just shows that zal don't care about this club. He will never get a salary of 20k at any point in his career. He just simply isn't good enough to merit that type of pay. Face it zal you are lucky to have been at a club the size of hearts. I doubt he will ever play for a bigger club.

Jambof3tornado

It just shows that zal don't care about this club. He will never get a salary of 20k at any point in his career. He just simply isn't good enough to merit that type of pay. Face it zal you are lucky to have been at a club the size of hearts. I doubt he will ever play for a bigger club.

Remind me what Billy Mehmet is on please? Zal could get at least the same.

Johanes de Silentio

I have to seriously worry about the intellect of anyone who thinks they can beat Mr Romanov in a battle of wills.

I don't think Zal is trying to play hard ball to win a lucrative deal from Romanov - I think we wants to play out his current contract, then negociate a nice new one somewhere else.

JJ used the term 'premiership wages' when describing what Zal was looking for. Thinks it's fair to say it is a significant amount.

I think it was the team news thread for the DUFC (someone better than me might be able to link to this) where I alluded to the fact that he wont play for Hearts again due to his wage demands. The person that gave me this info works at Hearts and is spot on.

Disser Pointon

Zal wants to stay and has lowered his wage demands but the money may have been used up on Rudi.

Don't ask for source but it is 100% reliable.

Jambof3tornado

I really havent a problem with a player trying to get a pay rise. If its too rich for us then fair do's he moves on. Hearts were never going to get a transfer fee for him so why all the animosity?DP how low have his demands gone?

Mad Dog Frazer

Zaliukas is lucky to play for Hearts.

Let him go. average liability and never rated the guy

he should give Jose a call and see if he can get a trial it his new club....... he doesnt have 1 does he

I don't like Zaliukas very much as a player.

But freezing out 1st team squad players continues to be a foolish strategy.

Like it or not this is the club policy and they have to apply it consistently to all players. They

now know that if they don't commit to the club then they won't play and it could affect their chances of a move.

Regardless of the player involved, his nationality, his ability, or lack of it - I would still play any professional player who is under contract with us, until that contract ends.

Future contracts, or negotiations of them, should not come into it; nor does this outdated sense of 'commitment'. Players these days come and go, it's no big deal. In fact, all clubs face such conundrums. Whereas Dundee Utd invited Andy Webster to lift Scottish Cups, we invite him to piss off before it.

If I had a joiner or a plumber doing some work for me, I would expect to use his services until the work was done within the stated contract. If during that contract, I ask him to price another job, but we failed to agree a price: I wouldn't then throw him off the original job just because of it. Would you?

For the record, I don't think any Hearts player is worth any more than ?5K a week, but I'd still play him until his contract runs out; assuming they'd still give 100%.

Regardless of the player involved, his nationality, his ability, or lack of it - I would still play any professional player who is under contract with us, until that contract ends.

Future contracts, or negotiations of them, should not come into it; nor does this outdated sense of 'commitment'. Players these days come and go, it's no big deal. In fact, all clubs face such conundrums. Whereas Dundee Utd invited Andy Webster to lift Scottish Cups, we invite him to piss off before it.

If I had a joiner or a plumber doing some work for me, I would expect to use his services until the work was done within the stated contract. If during that contract, I ask him to price another job, but we failed to agree a price: I wouldn't then throw him off the original job just because of it. Would you?

For the record, I don't think any Hearts player is worth any more than ?5K a week, but I'd still play him until his contract runs out; assuming they'd still give 100%.

But if said tradesman was faffing about on the original job i.e not working to programme, showing no commitment to the job and generally giving you the impression he coveted what he percieved as better clients would you tolerate it.

If there were extras on the job that could be valued at price "A" and he wanted "Z" to do these effectively pricing himself out the job would you just say aye anyway???

Zaliukas is lucky to play for Hearts.

Let him go. average liability and never rated the guy

he should give Jose a call and see if he can get a trial it his new club....... he doesnt have 1 does he

If you mean Jose it was reported on here that he signed for the team currently bottom of Swiss league, St something but TBF have never seen it confirmed

Disser Pointon
I really havent a problem with a player trying to get a pay rise. If its too rich for us then fair do's he moves on. Hearts were never going to get a transfer fee for him so why all the animosity?DP how low have his demands gone?

Don't know the figures but I know Zal has been underpaid in comparison to most of the players as have the majority of guys brought in by Vlad, he is just trying to get a fair wage.

Where did the 20k figure come from?

I'm always a bit suspicious of any of these figures. After all most contracts include a performance related aspect so neither party would actually know exactly what it's going to be worth.

When rumours circulate of player X being on X grand a week it's never mentioned whether that's basic before bonuses, an expected level, or a best case scenario.

In Hollywood it's common to hear of stars signing multimillion dollar contracts for movies even though it's highly unlikely that the final amount will match the headline figure unless the film is an absolutely huge hit.

It suits the actor to be seen as the kind of big star that can pull in huge fees and it suits the producers to be seen to be promoting a big budget movie with a big star in it so there's no incentive for either of them to contradict the headline figure.

Don't know the figures but I know Zal has been underpaid in comparison to most of the players as have the majority of guys brought in by Vlad, he is just trying to get a fair wage.

If he thinks he was being so underpaid why did he accept the terms in the first place.

I would imagine that the club are prepared to offer him a wage in line with the rest of the first team squad but I don't see why he should be entitled to break the new wage structure that has taken a few years to finally put into place.

You think premiership wages in the SPL is fair?

I think it is right he is one of our top earners but he shouldn't be on any more than ?4k a week. If he wants premiership wages then good luck to him somewhere else.

Archived