What have we learned this week?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because he has played for teams in bigger leagues than Scotland does not make him a great player.

He may have played for other clubs, but not to any great success.

I remember his last time here. Played some great first halfs for half a season then did even less in the second.

This does not a hero/legend make.

This time he wont have the quality of player to carry him as he wanders around ignoring the ball and trying to rally up the crowd.

Tell me I am wrong on this?

No-one can know, geddy. We'll just have to wait and see. :thumbsup:

Just because he has played for teams in bigger leagues than Scotland does not make him a great player.

He may have played for other clubs, but not to any great success.

I remember his last time here. Played some great first halfs for half a season then did even less in the second.

This does not a hero/legend make.

This time he wont have the quality of player to carry him as he wanders around ignoring the ball and trying to rally up the crowd.

Tell me I am wrong on this?

Would you have rather had Tony Capaldi? Because that was the choice. He was a bit of a cheerleader and all that. So what, at least he has a bit of character and passion. Someone the fans can get behind, someone for the kids to worship.

It's a fantastic signing.

Except I did go to games in 05/6. It's because I went to games in 05/6 that I defended Skacel in the months before and following his exit: when the revisionism started, in other words. :thumbsup:

And my reaction yesterday seems to have been paralleled by lots of reactions today: in other words, I just got there a bit before others, rightly or wrongly.

Apologies Shaun. You have no excuse for that bizarre reaction then. :D

Good to see you back, Alan.

thumbsup.gif

Just doing what I do, Gig. :thumbsup:

Apologies Shaun. You have no excuse for that bizarre reaction then. :D

Just doing what I do, Gig. :thumbsup:

thumbsup.gif

For the record...

I think he will be a decent signing, I don't like the ****s who have preached for the last couple of years saying the manager should sign players, and they get all high school girls flicking themselves off to pictures of Johnny Marr when Rudi signs, when its pretty clear chuckles was not up for it.

thumbsup.gif

Chad Sexington

thumbsup.gif

For the record...

I think he will be a decent signing, I don't like the ****s who have preached for the last couple of years saying the manager should sign players, and they get all high school girls flicking themselves off to pictures of Johnny Marr when Rudi signs, when its pretty clear chuckles was not up for it.

thumbsup.gif

Go to bed, you drunken bum. <_<

I know it is. But JJ's also a hero of mine - and I don't like seeing heroes of mine being lambasted like that for no good reason, whether online or anywhere else.

I could say just the same of you whenever you read something nasty or unfair about Hearts by, say, a journo with an axe to grind. Makes you angry, doesn't it? Yet it's just words... just words on a screen... Etc etc etc.

Yep, I regularly go out and punch random people because of what some knob at the Sun has written about Hearts.

And when its some dobbers from Kickback that have got my goat, you'd better cross the road when you see me coming :verymad:

Guest jambomickey

i've learned that with romanov expect the unexpected! only last week jj said he didn't want scacel and once again romanov signs him just to stick it up his manager.

i've learned that with romanov expect the unexpected! only last week jj said he didn't want scacel and once again romanov signs him just to stick it up his manager.

So you are not happy that Skacel is back then Mickey?

I don't think Rudi was signed to 'stick it up the manager' in the slightest, it was a commercial decision to sell more tickets and merchandise and it'll work. I'm sure most managers would love to have a player of Skacel's quality and pedigree 'stuck up them'.

Guest jambomickey

So you are not happy that Skacel is back then Mickey?

I don't think Rudi was signed to 'stick it up the manager' in the slightest, it was a commercial decision to sell more tickets and merchandise and it'll work. I'm sure most managers would love to have a player of Skacel's quality and pedigree 'stuck up them'.

martin time will tell if it's a good signing, i'm one who always likes the manager to make football decisions because he's the one who's getting the p45 if we don't get results and if he's not signing the players he gets sacked because of other peoples decisions.

martin time will tell if it's a good signing, i'm one who always likes the manager to make football decisions because he's the one who's getting the p45 if we don't get results and if he's not signing the players he gets sacked because of other peoples decisions.

Boo Hoo!

If JJ can't take us to 3rd in the league he should hang his head in shame.

Guest jambomickey

Boo Hoo!

If JJ can't take us to 3rd in the league he should hang his head in shame.

that was the man who led us to our first trophy in my lifetime and had us in europe more often than not aswell as having one of the most pleasing on the eyes team i've ever watched, a hearts man at heart who deserves more respect than your comment.

that was the man who led us to our first trophy in my lifetime and had us in europe more often than not aswell as having one of the most pleasing on the eyes team i've ever watched, a hearts man at heart who deserves more respect than your comment.

JJ has had time, he has brought in Kyle and Elliott and Stevenson. His players. He has been given Skacel as a bonus. It is up to him now. No manager of any SPL team outside the Old Firm has had it so good.

Archived