What have we learned this week?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Answer the question. What is the point of your drama queen thread? If this is just a collection of fans opinions and doesnt reflect the support as a whole then why would we need to have learnt something? Now try and avoid simpleton replys and just answer the question.

I think that KB is a decent reflection of the Hearts support, tbh. There's a wide cross-section of fans on here.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again

I think that KB is a decent reflection of the Hearts support, tbh. There's a wide cross-section of fans on here.

Yes, but unless you agree with the "elite", you're an arse/wrong/sad/Hobo/pathetic/wind-up merchant/school kid/boring.

That's my take on it. Always has been.

Very rarely is their decent debate, it's mostly side taking, mates back slapping, and dismissing other viewpoints as above.

I'll give you time to back up that assertion.

Given that you're one of the biggest Vlad-hate to Vlad-love turncoats in the history of Kickback, I'm not confident you'll manage.

It's no secret that I was against Mr Romanov in the dark days, then he started to run as normally again and I forgave him and now love him for what he does. What's so bad about that?!

You on the other hand, were against him signing players until yesterday when a player you quite like comes to the club.

Very rarely is their decent debate, it's mostly side taking, mates back slapping, and dismissing other viewpoints as above.

Just like a pub then. :)

Yes, but unless you agree with the "elite", you're an arse/wrong/sad/Hobo/pathetic/wind-up merchant/school kid/boring.

That's how it works in real life too. Football fans are thick as ****.

Have you ever had a debate about football with a stranger in a pub? Remember how you thought he was talking out of his arse, but the only thing stopping you from telling him so was the fear of a concealed weapon? The internet solves that problem, as well as introducing the element of "is this gadge really a Hearts fan?"

For the record, I hate the instant "YOU MUST BE A HOBO" thing too.

Honestly can't say I have learnt anything I didn't already know

Vlad has an influence on the squad and purchases his own players (bit like an Italian club president)

Vlad still has his policy regarding players in the last year of their contract.

JJ picks the team and subs but will put up with less influence on who is brought into the squad.

JJ is still not a master of hiding his frustrations (including pitch side antics).

Our manager and backroom staff need to shut up and show some discipline -- already 2 of them are going to be sitting in the stand and probably for more than the normal 2 match bans.

And a change of manager and training methods has still not left us with a fit and healthy squad :rolleyes:

Yes, but unless you agree with the "elite", you're an arse/wrong/sad/Hobo/pathetic/wind-up merchant/school kid/boring.That's my take on it. Always has been.

You missed out another well used and boring one mate that the JKB Cartel frequently throw at their disbelievers "Roasters" -- hahahahaha luv it

1-1 St Johnstne HOME. 1-1 Dundee UTD Home Celtic 3-0 away, should have been about six.

NO tactical sense. Why not have a disciplined defensive formation against Celtic and him the on the break instead of playing like we do against St Johnstone?

About the UTD game. Why not bring on McGowan for temps in the 82nd minute and protect our lead?

There's a difference from getting beat and getting embarrassed. That Celtic game was NOT pretty. Did Csaba not get results there?

A good manager would have us playing different formation and disciplined when facing the OF.

If you'd actually seen the Dundee Utd game, you'd have also seen that Ryan McGowan was waiting on the touchline to come on when Gomis scored his absolute wondergoal.

Csaba got a defeat, two draws and a win at Celtic Park against a (in my opinion) far weaker Celtic team than the one in place now. Chris Killen and Zheng Zhi?

1-1 St Johnstne HOME. 1-1 Dundee UTD Home Celtic 3-0 away, should have been about six.

NO tactical sense. Why not have a disciplined defensive formation against Celtic and him the on the break instead of playing like we do against St Johnstone?

About the UTD game. Why not bring on McGowan for temps in the 82nd minute and protect our lead?

There's a difference from getting beat and getting embarrassed. That Celtic game was NOT pretty. Did Csaba not get results there?

A good manager would have us playing different formation and disciplined when facing the OF.

Re the Celtic game we had two midfielders in defence, one by his own admission isn't the fastest.

I watched the JJ pre Caley conference and he stated the defence were playing much higher up the field than they were told too, the first 2 Celtic goals were down to them being very fast and us too high up giving them space.

Not all JJ's fault.

That's how it works in real life too. Football fans are thick as ****.

Have you ever had a debate about football with a stranger in a pub? Remember how you thought he was talking out of his arse, but the only thing stopping you from telling him so was the fear of a concealed weapon? The internet solves that problem, as well as introducing the element of "is this gadge really a Hearts fan?"

For the record, I hate the instant "YOU MUST BE A HOBO" thing too.

Kickback: the pub but for shitebags

(and with no beer) it'll never catch on

right for anyone how doubts jj we have signed 4 players which only to have properly played its the same team but playing better football what would you rather jj or csaba all im trying to say is its the same team but alot better

You have hit the nail on the head and that is my point exactly. All we are supposed to have learned is that not everyone agree's with Mr Partridge.

I headed off out this morning absolutely furious at the gibberish I'd read on here, from alarming numbers of people: people happy to join in with clarion calls of "we need a manager" and for Vlad to butt the hell out, only to turn on the manager - and a true legend at that - at the drop of a hat. I found it disgusting, and am pleased to see there has apparently been some sort of backlash since.

Kudos to AP for this thread, and welcome back: where have you been, mate? I don't agree with the dig at leginten, mind you: legi's one of KB's good guys, just like the OP in fact. :thumbsup:

I headed off out this morning absolutely furious at the gibberish I'd read on here, from alarming numbers of people: people happy to join in with clarion calls of "we need a manager" and for Vlad to butt the hell out, only to turn on the manager - and a true legend at that - at the drop of a hat. I found it disgusting, and am pleased to see there has apparently been some sort of backlash since.

Kudos to AP for this thread, and welcome back: where have you been, mate? I don't agree with the dig at leginten, mind you: legi's one of KB's good guys, just like the OP in fact. :thumbsup:

Shaun, read my posts about re-organising the Terrace in the 'The End' thread in the Shed. I'd be interested to get your thoughts.

It's no secret that I was against Mr Romanov in the dark days, then he started to run as normally again and I forgave him and now love him for what he does. What's so bad about that?!

You on the other hand, were against him signing players until yesterday when a player you quite like comes to the club.

Your assertion about my stance on Skacel's signing suggests either that you haven't read my posts on it or you aren't very good at reading.

Even if I had endorsed it from all angles and in so doing performed a volte-face on a previous position, how would that make it any different from your volte-face on Romanov?

Lessons in hypocrisy from Dr Hypocrisy. I take back what I said earlier. Kickback just got even better.

Guest vanbasten1874

Kickback: the pub but for shitebags

(and with no beer) it'll never catch on

NO BEER ! speak foryourself constant supply where im sitting .

It's always been like that since I've been on here.

Tbf I've probably been guilty of it myself.

Life would be very boring if we all got along though biggrin.gif

I headed off out this morning absolutely furious at the gibberish I'd read on here

Seriously ? :blink:

Its only a fecking messageboard Shaun FFS.

Wow, how self important is everyone on this thread?

I've just sat and read through the whole thing, every so often thinking to myself: "what's my view on this?"

I've come to the conclusion that I really, really don't care.

Your assertion about my stance on Skacel's signing suggests either that you haven't read my posts on it or you aren't very good at reading.

Even if I had endorsed it from all angles and in so doing performed a volte-face on a previous position, how would that make it any different from your volte-face on Romanov?

Lessons in hypocrisy from Dr Hypocrisy. I take back what I said earlier. Kickback just got even better.

What was your stance on his signing then, you tell me? Also, what was your stance on the other signings Mr Romanov has made? I'll be happy to apologise if I've got it wrong.

Trying to label me as a hypocrite wont get you far buddy. I've got no problems with how my views have changed from side to side over the years. The key term being over the years. Do you decide something and then stick to that opinion forevermore?

Seriously ? :blink:

Its only a fecking messageboard Shaun FFS.

I know it is. But JJ's also a hero of mine - and I don't like seeing heroes of mine being lambasted like that for no good reason, whether online or anywhere else.

I could say just the same of you whenever you read something nasty or unfair about Hearts by, say, a journo with an axe to grind. Makes you angry, doesn't it? Yet it's just words... just words on a screen... Etc etc etc.

What was your stance on his signing then, you tell me? Also, what was your stance on the other signings Mr Romanov has made? I'll be happy to apologise if I've got it wrong.

Trying to label me as a hypocrite wont get you far buddy. I've got no problems with how my views have changed from side to side over the years. The key term being over the years. Do you decide something and then stick to that opinion forevermore?

All of the posts I've made on the topic are on the recent threads. I'm certainly not going to bore everyone else by copying them here - if you want to read them, I'm sure you can find them quite easily in my profile. If you find evidence of hypocrisy there, feel free to pull me up on it.

My stance on Romanov's signing of players has pretty much always been that he should leave it to his manager (not that we've actually had one for large tracts of the past few years), given that he is a ****** and knows nothing about football. But I felt euphoric when Skacel was signed - as I should imagine almost all Hearts fans with a pulse did. Apologies for feeling euphoric.

I know it is. But JJ's also a hero of mine - and I don't like seeing heroes of mine being lambasted like that for no good reason, whether online or anywhere else.

I could say just the same of you whenever you read something nasty or unfair about Hearts by, say, a journo with an axe to grind. Makes you angry, doesn't it? Yet it's just words... just words on a screen... Etc etc etc.

Well said. This is not a pub. The ***** world is watching. Yes that could mean the ones that are being discussed. I watched JJ when he was brand new, and It more than saddens me to see the manner in which he is being used by some. Do not feel bad about loosing it a bit, I am There with you on this. :angry:

All of the posts I've made on the topic are on the recent threads. I'm certainly not going to bore everyone else by copying them here - if you want to read them, I'm sure you can find them quite easily in my profile. If you find evidence of hypocrisy there, feel free to pull me up on it.

My stance on Romanov's signing of players has pretty much always been that he should leave it to his manager (not that we've actually had one for large tracts of the past few years), given that he is a ****** and knows nothing about football. But I felt euphoric when Skacel was signed - as I should imagine almost all Hearts fans with a pulse did. Apologies for feeling euphoric.

Not me though. And I have a pulse; or at least, I hope I do. :mellow: I don't see anything hypocritical in your stance at all, though: you, like all of us, thought Skacel was a bloody marvel when he was last here; and also, you, like some of us (but not me) have already expressed serious doubts over JJ's tactics and management. Seems to me, how people reacted to the Skacel news will, in many cases, have depended at least in part on whether they're confident or sceptical JJ will do well here second time around.

Not me though. And I have a pulse; or at least, I hope I do. :mellow: I don't see anything hypocritical in your stance at all, though: you, like all of us, thought Skacel was a bloody marvel when he was last here; and also, you, like some of us (but not me) have already expressed serious doubts over JJ's tactics and management. Seems to me, how people reacted to the Skacel news will, in many cases, have depended at least in part on whether they're confident or sceptical JJ will do well here second time around.

You can't see what is hypocritical about his view? He thinks that Mr Romanov should not sign players yet he's made up by Mr Romanov signing a player. Very similar to JR ... I bet you would call him a hypocrite. Pull your tongue out of his arse for a second Shaunyboy. :thumbsup:

As for Skacel ... delighted we've signed him but he'll be a completely different player. This 'he's done nowt since leaving Hearts' line of though is nonsense. Every club he's played for since would tank Hearts. Fact.

I have learned that some fans are so blind in their support of Vlad (a bit like the support for the pope by his followers)that they can see no wrong. They will make excuses whatever he does. There are indeed none so blind that can see

Not even a little bit euphoric? In a sentimental, remember-how-good-we-were-for-a-wee-while way? Heart of stone, imo. I saw it as a "pull together" moment which would unite fans. A piece of good news (even if, in the cold light of day, not really good news on the owner/manager relationship front and maybe not even on the playing front) and to be honest I'm quite surprised at some of the reactions.

You're right - I haven't been all that enthusiastic about JJ. In fact, I've been sniping away quietly since the Fir Park debacle. But I am grateful to him for doing something I said at the time I didn't think we could, namely playing some decent attacking football with that squad. And I'm extremely grateful for the two wins against the Hobos.

"This 'he's done nowt since leaving Hearts' line of though is nonsense. Every club he's played for since would tank Hearts. Fact!"

He has done nothing since leaving Hearts. The fact we could be tanked by some of the teams he has joined (and been dropped from) has NO bearing on him.

Pull yer head from yer arse.

I actually think he will do little for us. He aint got the folk to carry him anymore. In the second half of his last season here, if he had applied himself properly as opposed to wandering about asking us to cheer he may have been of more use.

You can't see what is hypocritical about his view? He thinks that Mr Romanov should not sign players yet he's made up by Mr Romanov signing a player. Very similar to JR ... I bet you would call him a hypocrite. Pull your tongue out of his arse for a second Shaunyboy. :thumbsup:

As for Skacel ... delighted we've signed him but he'll be a completely different player. This 'he's done nowt since leaving Hearts' line of though is nonsense. Every club he's played for since would tank Hearts. Fact.

Dear oh ******* dear. Why don't you actually go and read the posts before you carry on making a fool of yourself.

"This 'he's done nowt since leaving Hearts' line of though is nonsense. Every club he's played for since would tank Hearts. Fact!"

He has done nothing since leaving Hearts. The fact we could be tanked by some of the teams he has joined (and been dropped from) has NO bearing on him.

Pull yer head from yer arse.

I actually think he will do little for us. He aint got the folk to carry him anymore. In the second half of his last season here, if he had applied himself properly as opposed to wandering about asking us to cheer he may have been of more use.

Can't be arsed debating all this but he's played over 100 games. Hardly 'nothing', is it? If Skacel can reach 50% of his performance level in 05/06 he'll be twice the player of Black, Ruben, Mrowiec etc.

Leginten, unfortunately I cannot search posts. Be a darling and explain what I'm missing here.

Oh meh. I'm giving legi the benefit of the doubt because, unlike some (and I don't mean you!), he doesn't come on here giving it large, intent on putting posters into camps and all the rest of it. He can still think Vlad is poison while being euphoric Skacel is back: that point of view makes perfect sense.

Not even a little bit euphoric? In a sentimental, remember-how-good-we-were-for-a-wee-while way? Heart of stone, imo. I saw it as a "pull together" moment which would unite fans. A piece of good news (even if, in the cold light of day, not really good news on the owner/manager relationship front and maybe not even on the playing front) and to be honest I'm quite surprised at some of the reactions.

You're right - I haven't been all that enthusiastic about JJ. In fact, I've been sniping away quietly since the Fir Park debacle. But I am grateful to him for doing something I said at the time I didn't think we could, namely playing some decent attacking football with that squad. And I'm extremely grateful for the two wins against the Hobos.

Nope. Believe it or not, I simply rolled my eyes - then wrote an FB status update about what a clever man Vlad was. My take on it was almost entirely cynical: I think it's Vlad playing games as much as anything else, regardless of how good Rudi turns out to be.

Can't be arsed debating all this but he's played over 100 games. Hardly 'nothing', is it? If Skacel can reach 50% of his performance level in 05/06 he'll be twice the player of Black, Ruben, Mrowiec etc.

Leginten, unfortunately I cannot search posts. Be a darling and explain what I'm missing here.

AP, I'm not copping out here but I'm going to bed now as I have to be up in seven hours. Will copy or link to you tomorrow without fail.

AP, I'm not copping out here but I'm going to bed now as I have to be up in seven hours. Will copy or link to you tomorrow without fail.

No worries.

Dear oh ******* dear. Why don't you actually go and read the posts before you carry on making a fool of yourself.

Read my previous post on this thread.

Oh meh. I'm giving legi the benefit of the doubt because, unlike some (and I don't mean you!), he doesn't come on here giving it large, intent on putting posters into camps and all the rest of it. He can still think Vlad is poison while being euphoric Skacel is back: that point of view makes perfect sense.

Nope. Believe it or not, I simply rolled my eyes - then wrote an FB status update about what a clever man Vlad was. My take on it was almost entirely cynical: I think it's Vlad playing games as much as anything else, regardless of how good Rudi turns out to be.

Really don't agree with your view of Leginten. I think because he writes well you see something different. He basically stalks Charlie Brown and has nothing but contempt for anyone with a positive view of Mr Romanov. Anyway this is getting a bit tedious now ...

As for your reaction to Rudi signing. Well, what can you say? Must be the only Hearts fan in the land who reacted like that. A direct consequence of not going to games in 05/06 I reckon.

Really don't agree with your view of Leginten. I think because he writes well you see something different. He basically stalks Charlie Brown and has nothing but contempt for anyone with a positive view of Mr Romanov. Anyway this is getting a bit tedious now ...

As for your reaction to Rudi signing. Well, what can you say? Must be the only Hearts fan in the land who reacted like that. A direct consequence of not going to games in 05/06 I reckon.

Except I did go to games in 05/6. It's because I went to games in 05/6 that I defended Skacel in the months before and following his exit: when the revisionism started, in other words. :thumbsup:

And my reaction yesterday seems to have been paralleled by lots of reactions today: in other words, I just got there a bit before others, rightly or wrongly.

He has played over "100 games".

Doing WHAT?

He has flattered to deceive. He has lived off half a season. Forgive me for not fawning all over him.

He has played over "100 games".

Doing WHAT?

He has flattered to deceive. He has lived off half a season. Forgive me for not fawning all over him.

What the **** do you mean 'doing WHAT?'?

What else would he be doing other than playing football?

He's played over a ton of games for teams far superior to Hearts in much better leagues. Just admit you've got this one wrong. No shame in it.

jamboinglasgow

He's played over a ton of games for teams far superior to Hearts in much better leagues. Just admit you've got this one wrong. No shame in it.

he has done the same as the hobos, gone on wiki, looked at the games played and teams and summarised it isn't good. But that shows how hollow an answer you can get looking at stats. He played a few games for Prague, in one of those games he got a hat-trick, but the stats on wiki wont show that.

Just because he has played for teams in bigger leagues than Scotland does not make him a great player.

He may have played for other clubs, but not to any great success.

I remember his last time here. Played some great first halfs for half a season then did even less in the second.

This does not a hero/legend make.

This time he wont have the quality of player to carry him as he wanders around ignoring the ball and trying to rally up the crowd.

Tell me I am wrong on this?

As an aside, I must broadly agree with this. Southampton under Burley? A bit better than Hearts were at the time; and in 2006/7, it was like chalk and cheese between the two in terms of attacking threat. Hertha Berlin? Obviously a bigger club and better team. Slavia Prague? The same. Southampton the year they got relegated is different, though; Hearts were much better than them in 2008/9.

And finally, Larissa. Few people have heard of them - but in recent years, they've largely become Greek football's best small club, winning the Greek Cup and knocking a very good Blackburn side (managed by Mark Hughes) out of Europe. They've regressed a wee bit since; but given how Scottish clubs have done in Europe over the last three seasons, and the huge gulf in technique between the two leagues, Larissa would almost certainly beat us at present I'm afraid.

Archived