Vlad...................

Drylaw Hearts

they've hardly got any debt, and they've got a fully built stadium and training complex so don't have to do anymore building.

and 3 mortgages to cover the Stands ,maybe another for the training Shed.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson

Why do people refer to the hobos green barn and painted farmers fields as a complex :rolleyes: I've even heard the hobos refer to it as state of the art :lol: :lol: :lol: It's no better than the Jake Kane centre or Saughton enclosure but in the middle of nowhere :blink:

Well I was talking to a referee today and he mentioned that at coaching sessions the senior refs refer to the Rangers manager as "Walter" whilst all the other managers are referred to by their surnames. He said he finds it annoying but if he was to draw attention to it that would be the end for him...What kind of an organisation is that?

Remember Celtic were not complaining that they are cheated by the SFA refs but just that Rangers get more than they do. Celtic will know fine well that they get far more dodgy decisions than the other 10 SPL teams but their only interest is in that Rangers get more than them.

The duopoly exists and is corrupt nonetheless.

Incidentally, the ref I spoke to assured me that Hearts would indeed "get screwed" this season - just that JJ chose the wrong one to hit out at...

Well I was talking to a referee today and he mentioned that at coaching sessions the senior refs refer to the Rangers manager as "Walter" whilst all the other managers are referred to by their surnames. He said he finds it annoying but if he was to draw attention to it that would be the end for him...What kind of an organisation is that?

Remember Celtic were not complaining that they are cheated by the SFA refs but just that Rangers get more than they do. Celtic will know fine well that they get far more dodgy decisions than the other 10 SPL teams but their only interest is in that Rangers get more than them.

Incidentally, the ref I spoke to assured me that Hearts would indeed "get screwed" this season - just that JJ chose the wrong one to hit out at...

How high up the refereeing ladder is he?

How high up the refereeing ladder is he?

I really hope and suspect that he isn't very high at all. If so I hope the poster had a dictaphone set on "record" in his pocket at the time of the discussion. Disgusting if true!

Seymour M Hersh

None of it shocks me until the last sentence spellczech. Assuming he is not winding you up that's a pretty serious allegation he has thrown out there into the public domain. Perhaps we need a GFA whistleblower. :whistling: urgently required.

Apart from the offside goals part, I dont disagree with anything else he is saying there.

I agree. :Agree:

I wonder if the complete fandan has even watched the match from Saturday. Certainly he is completely deluded if he thinks refereeing decisions or SFA / SPL influence has made even 5% difference to our results over the last few years in comparison to his monumental mismanagement of our club. Only 4 games into this season we are already an embarassing 7pts behind the teams he has given up 'challenging'. What a pitiful effort that turned out to be.

If he is that fed up with HMFC and Scottish football I hope he is actively seeking the sale of our club. I'd take my chances on ANY individual taking over our club in his place. The man is a total roaster.

But - and here's the eternal paradox where Vlad is concerned - I agree with this too. :thumbsup:

This month's WSC has a pretty decent article on the last 25 years of the SPL, explaining all the different reasons why it's become one of the most predictable closed shops in world football. But the author makes a particular point of highlighting the opportunity spurned in 2005/6, concluding that "had it been better managed, Romanov's investment in his early years as Hearts' benefactor was enough to win the title", and that had we even negotiated the CL qualifier the following season, "the power structure in Scottish football would have been transformed".

But it wasn't the SFA or referees who scuppered this once in a generation opportunity. It was Vladimir Romanov himself, through decisions we all know about and have been done to death on here; and in failing to invest in quality players in Summer 2006 too. But the trouble with paranoid megalomaniacs is, if they ever admit they've completely screwed up, the whole house of cards their existence is built upon begins to collapse. Denial is the only viable recourse; meaning Vlad blames everything on Iain Brines' performance on New Year's Day, George Burley being in cahoots with agents, Steven Pressley working against him, or the Russian referee in Athens... and fails to acknowledge what is blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain.

That isn't to say there aren't many decisions which go against us: of course there are. The thing about his rants about officialdom is they're based on at least a grain of truth: he's especially well qualified to recognise it because of the way FBK Kaunas behaved domestically for years and years. But when all's said and done, the man responsible for undermining his investment, his dream, was Vladimir Romanov himself. Unable to deal with this, he went into a terminal sulk and took his ball back home.

I agree. :Agree:

But - and here's the eternal paradox where Vlad is concerned - I agree with this too. :thumbsup:

This month's WSC has a pretty decent article on the last 25 years of the SPL, explaining all the different reasons why it's become one of the most predictable closed shops in world football. But the author makes a particular point of highlighting the opportunity spurned in 2005/6, concluding that "had it been better managed, Romanov's investment in his early years as Hearts' benefactor was enough to win the title", and that had we even negotiated the CL qualifier the following season, "the power structure in Scottish football would have been transformed".

But it wasn't the SFA or referees who scuppered this once in a generation opportunity. It was Vladimir Romanov himself, through decisions we all know about and have been done to death on here; and in failing to invest in quality players in Summer 2006 too. But the trouble with paranoid megalomaniacs is, if they ever admit they've completely screwed up, the whole house of cards their existence is built upon begins to collapse. Denial is the only viable recourse; meaning Vlad blames everything on Iain Brines' performance on New Year's Day, George Burley being in cahoots with agents, Steven Pressley working against him, or the Russian referee in Athens... and fails to acknowledge what is blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain.

That isn't to say there aren't many decisions which go against us: of course there are. The thing about his rants about officialdom is they're based on at least a grain of truth: he's especially well qualified to recognise it because of the way FBK Kaunas behaved domestically for years and years. But when all's said and done, the man responsible for undermining his investment, his dream, was Vladimir Romanov himself. Unable to deal with this, he went into a terminal sulk and took his ball back home.

There's no paradox - even a complete bell-end can be right occasionally.

There's no paradox - even a complete bell-end can be right occasionally.

He is a complete bellend. But many of us love him too. Which has always been hard to get our heads around - it's not that he's like Marmite exactly, more that for many of us, we love him and hate him all at the same time. But that's Vlad: he's the very definition of a lovable rogue, and will probably remain so for many of us as long as he's our owner.

Guest jambomickey

No, you just get them wrong and make a tit of yourself.

and you're a tit who doesn't even attend games but just slaver on your keyboard.

that isn't very over-friendly mickster.

It's ok, leave him be.

It must be tough going through life with the brain power of a dyslexic chimp.

Is it just me or could someone admit to being a rapist or a child molester but it would be fine as long as they attend matches and are good Jambos?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is it just me or could someone admit to being a rapist or a child molester but it would be fine as long as they attend matches and are good Jambos?

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees.

Pint?

Francis Albert

I wonder if the complete fandan has even watched the match from Saturday. Certainly he is completely deluded if he thinks refereeing decisions or SFA / SPL influence has made even 5% difference to our results over the last few years in comparison to his monumental mismanagement of our club. Only 4 games into this season we are already an embarassing 7pts behind the teams he has given up 'challenging'. What a pitiful effort that turned out to be.

If he is that fed up with HMFC and Scottish football I hope he is actively seeking the sale of our club. I'd take my chances on ANY individual taking over our club in his place. The man is a total roaster.

Is this the first "bring back CPR" post?

Is this the first "bring back CPR" post?

Be careful what you wish for !! ohmy.gif

Not for a minute suggesting that's what you want FA

Baird, King and Michael

Except for a few notable exceptions this thread typifies the depressing nature of debate on JKB.

Anyone drawing the conclusion that any other team is better run is met not with reasoned arguments or debates but with derision and childish rebuffs along the lines they should **** off and support Hibs. If you raise criticisms of Vlad for his increasingly manic and embarrassing pronouncements on Scottish Football then rather than discuss his remarks sensibly you are again met with disdain.

It is possible to at the same time accept that we have no alternative to Vlad but voice criticisms and raise concerns about his behaviour.

The cup wins in 98 and 06 provided me with the best days of my life but I genuinely fear for the existence of my football club. We have an incomplete stadium, a debt that in relation to our turnover and ability to trade our way out of it dwarfs anyone else in Scottish Football and are run by a man who makes Esposito in Woody Allen?s film ?Banana?s? look sane!

?From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish. Silence! In addition to that, all citizens will be required to change their underwear every half-hour. Underwear will be worn on the outside so we can check. Furthermore, all children under 16 years old are now... 16 years old!?

The Old Tolbooth

Except for a few notable exceptions this thread typifies the depressing nature of debate on JKB.

Anyone drawing the conclusion that any other team is better run is met not with reasoned arguments or debates but with derision and childish rebuffs along the lines they should **** off and support Hibs. If you raise criticisms of Vlad for his increasingly manic and embarrassing pronouncements on Scottish Football then rather than discuss his remarks sensibly you are again met with disdain.

Feck off hobo :obscene:

There's certainly a bias in Scottish football towards the Old Firm, no doubt about it, but Romanov's still a dickhead.

There's certainly a bias in Scottish football towards the Old Firm, no doubt about it, but Romanov's still a dickhead.

and there is your answer, baird, king and michael. there is a typical reasoned response to vlad. embarrassing.

tartofmidlothian
I pity the fans. Not those, naturally, who are celebrating cheap victories when the opponents of your team are given three reds and three yellows. To see such a crowd is a frightful sight.

Soryy, can't be bothered reading all 6 pages. Who doesn't agree with this, though?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Soryy, can't be bothered reading all 6 pages. Who doesn't agree with this, though?

I assumed he was talking about the thousands of glory hunters at Ibrox and Parkhead, celebrating their ancient local football club's defeats at the hands of the two vile institutions from Glasgow... If that is indeed what he is talking about then YES! I agree wholeheartedly. :yucky:

I hate the OF but I hate the wee roosters that have no attachment to Glasgow, but support teh OF anyway, even more.

• Moderators

Closed as this has just gone totally off topic and has also become a vehicle for personal abuse between certain members.

Archived