Vlad...................

Drylaw Hearts

More nonsense from our owner....

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Jim-Jefferies-apologises-while-Vladimir.6529663.jp

Romanov waded into the row yesterday with another of his trademark attacks on the "mafia" running Scottish football. While the content was largely familiar and likely to land the club in further trouble with the authorities, Romanov's rant also mentioned for the first time the possibility of him giving up the struggle to take on the duopoly of Celtic and Rangers - a cause for concern among Hearts fans, given the fact the club's substantial debt is owed ultimately to Romanov.

"It is not me who you punish again by allowing two goals scored from offside in the game Celtic v Hearts," said Romanov. "You kill yourselves as human beings, turning into animals who live just to get food.

"I spoil not just your jolly mood but business - and that's why you punish my team with the cards and then fine me for complaining about it.

"I have nothing to prove to you. I proved everything in my first year of 2005 when I took away from you whatever I could.

"For 40 years you play games with the fans and deceive them about your wish to play in England. It would be much better if you merge the Scottish and the Lithuanian leagues. That is going to be more useful for you.

"It is hard to imagine what harm you cause to your country, to your nation every day by deceiving every week hundreds of thousands of fans.

"But sooner or later they are going to realise that they are being fooled and when it happens every day for you is going to become like torture."

He added: "I am bringing up the kids, the young players, watching your joy when you defeat them with the help of red cards and penalties.

"Of course, it is not worthwhile spending money and time on you. It would be possible to abandon this useless work, but I pity the fans. Not those, naturally, who are celebrating cheap victories when the opponents of your team are given three reds and three yellows. To see such a crowd is a frightful sight.

"You announced that you would like to sell your clubs. You are ready to get rid of them. But what decent and honest person would want to continue your showbusiness?"

The man is insane.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man is insane.

The frequency of these rants is suddenly nearing 2006/7 levels again. I hope the nonsense on the pitch does not start recurring to.

Nucky Thompson

The man is insane.

Broken down all he is saying that he thought Celtic's first 2 goals were offside, he thinks the SFA are corrupt and are taking the pish out of Scottish football fans, he's having a pop at the OF wanting to join the English leagues and he's getting hacked off pumping money into the club when he can't win regardless. About 95% of Hearts fans on Saturday night must have been insane too :rolleyes:

Broken down all he is saying that he thought Celtic's first 2 goals were offside, he thinks the SFA are corrupt and are taking the pish out of Scottish football fans, he's having a pop at the OF wanting to join the English leagues and he's getting hacked off pumping money into the club when he can't win regardless. About 95% of Hearts fans on Saturday night must have been insane too :rolleyes:

Hearts fans aren't in the position of Vlad. You expect some fans to make ridiculous comments at times.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I love the story snippet saying that we should be concerned. Why exactly should we be and what rag has taken this angle?

Yeah but we've had time to realise that the goals were onside. Bringing it up again just makes us look foolish.

It's a bit weird how he's suddenly decided to start with the rants again, though at least they're never dull, and at least our owner is never going to be one that panders to the the GFA. Sometimes I wish he'd just be a bit more subtle about it.

linkin- hearts

To hell with giving him his own blog on KB i think they should give him his own tv show. I'm pretty sure it'd give Jerry Springer a run for its money:whistling:

"You announced that you would like to sell your clubs. You are ready to get rid of them. But what decent and honest person would want to continue your showbusiness?"

PLEASE SELL HEARTS MR. ROMANOV !!!!!

jamboinglasgow

Yeah but we've had time to realise that the goals were onside. Bringing it up again just makes us look foolish.

It's a bit weird how he's suddenly decided to start with the rants again, though at least they're never dull, and at least our owner is never going to be one that panders to the the GFA. Sometimes I wish he'd just be a bit more subtle about it.

he may of said it on Sunday and the papers only picked up on it yesterday, so before Vlad could of seen the pictures. I think to be honest, while he uses some odd terms there is very little there that most Hearts would not say.

Jambof3tornado

Pretty standard rant. He may well have made the comments right after the match but papers like to sit on stories until it suits them to print.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Drylaw,

No offence but whenever I read one of these huffy-type posts from you, where you refuse to accept that our country's football set-up is corrupt, I always picture that Comical Ali guy during the Gulf War.

I can't help it.

I take it you know of a potential buyer then blink.gif

Guest GhostHunter

OMG.

Whilst last week's was funny, this is going to cost us, and whilst the implications are probably correct, the GFA won't take too kindly to it.

10 points is my best guess.

I love the story snippet saying that we should be concerned. Why exactly should we be and what rag has taken this angle?

I couldn't work that bit out either Geoff.

Guest GhostHunter

PS - Drylaw - PLEASE state the source of the article otherwise I'll need to remove it.

(sorry - but that's how it goes...just post the link up)

To be honest, I find his writing boring and rambled.

He doesn't really say anything sensible or new, just the same old bollocks.

Sounds like the rant of some sort of mental patient. I liked him better when he was staying quiet.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

To whom, exactly?

Apart from the off-side goals, everything is spot on.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Likewise, apart from the goals, there is nothing false in this latest statement. The more attention that is raised to the corrupt nature of our game the better.

If we get hit with a fine, points deduction etc then it will open the gates for an appeal and or investigation into the SFA etc if we try and fight it. The whole OF to the Premiership would be an excellent defence against disrepute charges.

Bring it on I say, let's pick at the scab and see what pours out of the infected wound.

PS - Drylaw - PLEASE state the source of the article otherwise I'll need to remove it.

It's a bit like diarrhoea with DH - he can't wait to, well - you get the picture!

Two comments and a postscript:

First, if that was the Sun, Daily Ranker etc. translator - say no more!

Second, MOST of what he said is still true.

PS While he is as mad as a hatter, if this was said on the back of the evidence available pre TV highlights, it is less "mad" than in the cold light of the Tuesday after the saturday before.

I typed the first line into google and it points to thie thread and this article

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Jim-Jefferies-apologises-while-Vladimir.6529663.jp

So I guess that's where he got it

Seymour M Hersh

Yes it appears they were after much technical assistance (slo-mo replays, stills etc). Thing is it's not down to the excellence of the lino but, imho, pure dumb luck. However, and I know we'll ever know for sure, but had that been us on the break what would the lino have done? I think we all know the flag would have been up quicker than Vlad's pet ferret up his trouser leg.

Yes it appears they were after much technical assistance (slo-mo replays, stills etc). Thing is it's not down to the excellence of the lino but, imho, pure dumb luck. However, and I know we'll ever know for sure, but had that been us on the break what would the lino have done? I think we all know the flag would have been up quicker than Vlad's pet ferret up his trouser leg.

I think this is the point that everyone has been missing.

The first 2 goals and even the penalty claim were all in the "debatable" category however in all 3 cases (as happens 99% of the time) the officials erred on the side of the OF.

I suspect they are homing in on this part as evidence that he might be considering jacking it in.

"Of course, it is not worthwhile spending money and time on you. It would be possible to abandon this useless work..."

Of course, we all know he actually jacked it in 2007, which is why we're less concerned. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I suspect they are homing in on this part as evidence that he might be considering jacking it in.

"Of course, it is not worthwhile spending money and time on you. It would be possible to abandon this useless work..."

Of course, we all know he actually jacked it in 2007, which is why we're less concerned. :thumbsup:

Indeed. To me it is just more proof that it is The Hootsmon's wet dream for Vlad to leave us high and dry.

It might be time for one of the flunkies to let VR know that the reason that the OF have won the trophies and we have won none since 2006 is nothing to do with bias or anti-Hearts sentiment.

It is of course to do with:

- a club riven with indiscipline

- the money running out and an inability to keep players of the standard of 2006

- Malofeev, Korobochka, Cernenkov and Laszlo

- some spectacularly awful luxury signings of mercenaries and absolute duds

etc etc.

Is the sainted Fedatovas going to tell VR?

OMG.

Whilst last week's was funny, this is going to cost us, and whilst the implications are probably correct, the GFA won't take too kindly to it.

That's an interesting point Dex regarding a points deduction.

If Vlad is deemed bringing the game into disrepute I'm sure it will be an option :woot:

Guest vanbasten1874

I do like a good old Vlad rant even tho hes wrong this time hes right sad thing is if he really really wanted to challenge them he could , if he gets fined for this little outburst who picks up the tab ?

Guest vanbasten1874

OMG.

What did he say last week ?

Sounds more like a rant at the OF than at the SFA, imo.

Where's the disrepute there?

If he is charged then surely, as he is mainly referring to the OF jumping ship to Englandshire, then this puts whether the OF's constant courting of the FA/EPL etc is also disrepute.

Guest GhostHunter

That's an interesting point Dex regarding a points deduction.

If Vlad is deemed bringing the game into disrepute I'm sure it will be an option :woot:

GFA will view (IMO) that a monetary fine doesn't shut him up, so they may feel a points one is the way forward.

If that happens, I reckon the Pieman Out campaign will look like a Teddy Bear's Party compared to the furore....

hmmmmm....

it's fair to say it's not his best ever summary of the latest events to unfold. it's not really his more coherent of messages that we've seen. it is in fact a reprise of recent fumbling efforts to convey a message which - underneath the unhelful rhetoric - is by and large correct in many ways.

once more he hasn't done himself or us any favours in the way the comments are delivered. the basic principles of what he's trying to say are the same as many people on here believe, but inevitably the basic principles are lost amidst the jibes.

absolute cast iron guarantee of a fine on it's way. a fully self inflicted fine it must be said. still, at the end of the day it's his money.

HEARTS FOREVER

Vlad has the cash to defeat Rangers,Celtic and the GFA.

If Hearts mean so much to him why doesnt he focus on beating them for every trophy we play for?

The fact is that Vlad has kept Hearts alive but has embarrassed the fans to the maximum on far too many ocasions. I will be a very happy man the day he hands the keys over to someone with a geniune interest in improving the club and taking Hearts to their maximum potential.

Stop greeting Vlad! Getting a decent team on the park,thats if you REALLY want to defeat them.

If he is charged then surely, as he is mainly referring to the OF jumping ship to Englandshire, then this puts whether the OF's constant courting of the FA/EPL etc is also disrepute.

it's pretty clear now that there will be no such action against OF spokesmen who devalue the scottish game in that way, and very probably bring the game into disrepute.

it would actually be a highly interesting new aspect of attack for vlad to exploit, instead of the stuff he's been saying.

Jam Tarts 1874

I totally agree; All Vlad is saying is that he feels like he is wasting his time. Surely not much different to the kind of rants Celtic in particular have been guilty of with regard to wanting out of the SPL.

Craig Herbertson

hmmmmm....

it's fair to say it's not his best ever summary of the latest events to unfold. it's not really his more coherent of messages that we've seen. it is in fact a reprise of recent fumbling efforts to convey a message which - underneath the unhelful rhetoric - is by and large correct in many ways.

once more he hasn't done himself or us any favours in the way the comments are delivered. the basic principles of what he's trying to say are the same as many people on here believe, but inevitably the basic principles are lost amidst the jibes.

absolute cast iron guarantee of a fine on it's way. a fully self inflicted fine it must be said. still, at the end of the day it's his money.

Good post. Our chairman is rich and doubtless used to getting his own way. It must be frustrating if he perceives some bias in the game he's trying to win. I'm slightly worried that the general tone is a bit like 'it's my ba and I'm going hame.' I wouldn't be so worried if I had 100 million to pump into Hearts winning the league every year but I don't and no one else has come up with the goods.

Guest JamboRobbo

Don't think he's said anything to bring the game into disrepute this time. Prob get away without a fine for that one.

His words are an embarrasment to HMFC football club as usual though.

If he really wants to challenge the OF, then he should give the manager the backing to put the players on the park to do so.

If he's not going to provide the backing required to challenge them, then he should stfu rather than blaming others for the fact that they have much better teams/players than us.

Indeed. To me it is just more proof that it is The Hootsmon's wet dream for Vlad to leave us high and dry.

Not sure about that.

I am sure that Vlad's words would have more credibility if he hadn't spent ten years doing exactly the same thing in Lithuania as the Old Firm do here. :thumbsup:

Don't think he's said anything to bring the game into disrepute this time. Prob get away without a fine for that one.

His words are an embarrasment to HMFC football club as usual though.

If he really wants to challenge the OF, then he should give the manager the backing to put the players on the park to do so.

If he's not going to provide the backing required to challenge them, then he should stfu rather than blaming others for the fact that they have much better teams/players than us.

In fairness JR he did do exactly that in 05/06 but I'm still convinced that he came to the conclusion (rightly IMO) that it was not a level playing field after the Takis red card against sellik at New Year cost us the match.

A decision that cost us the match and was later exposed as totally wrong.

You didnt read this bit??

"Of course, it is not worthwhile spending money and time on you. It would be possible to abandon this useless work, but I pity the fans"

Paraphrasing - Im not interested in scottish football any longer and would like to abandon my project but I pity the fans so i'l stay for now....nothing to see here, move along. :unsure:

HEARTS FOREVER

In fairness JR he did do exactly that in 05/06 but I'm still convinced that he came to the conclusion (rightly IMO) that it was not a level playing field after the Takis red card against sellik at New Year cost us the match.

A decision that cost us the match and was later exposed as totally wrong.

Surely this should have made him more determined for success?

Yes the red card was wrong but does that mean you give up? Doesnt that make you more determined?

If Hearts had a good enough team, we wouldnt need to worry about refs etc.

If Vlad really wanted to he could stuff it down their throats in Glasgow by getting a team on the park good enough to defeat them. Instead he plays a silly wee game and loses any kind of respect anyone ever had for him.

The man has lost all my respect a long time ago, the way he carrys on is an embarrassment.

Just wish somebody out there could buy the club from him.

Archived