Toto Update

Munch

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would have been able to post straight away here and so joined only to let you guys know about Toto's 'performance' for us on Saturday.

Usually I'm patient with new players and give them a bit of time but I think if a player is a certain level of shitness it's pretty clear in a short space of time. He was as bad as Adam Coakley and a player we had for a few games at the tail end of last season by the name Donovan Simmonds.

Lazy and disinterested. Unless the ball was within a 5 yard radius of him, he wouldn't move. At all.

His first touch was terrible and often landed at the feet of the opposition or a ridiculous height off the ground making it harder for himself to get the ball under control. Which he couldn't do.

Aerial ability? There is none. He must have misjudged the flight of the ball at least 90% of the time, and that was on a beautiful sunny day with no wind whatsoever. He even jumped for a few balls that were closer to the stars than his head. On the rare occasion that he did get his head to the ball, contact was minimal and the ball would trundle through to the defender still anyway.

Passing? He didn't find a team mate once I don't think.

Shooting? He managed one shot in his time on the park. He almost cleared the stand.

I'll be surprised if he's in our squad next weekend tbh, never mind the starting XI. It may be difficult to see how good or bad a player is, but when they clearly shouldn't be playing professional football I think it's pretty obvious.

The best quote on our website about him was: "He is the footballing equivalent of the Nigerian email scam."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought I would have been able to post straight away here and so joined only to let you guys know about Toto's 'performance' for us on Saturday.

Usually I'm patient with new players and give them a bit of time but I think if a player is a certain level of shitness it's pretty clear in a short space of time. He was as bad as Adam Coakley and a player we had for a few games at the tail end of last season by the name Donovan Simmonds.

Lazy and disinterested. Unless the ball was within a 5 yard radius of him, he wouldn't move. At all.

His first touch was terrible and often landed at the feet of the opposition or a ridiculous height off the ground making it harder for himself to get the ball under control. Which he couldn't do.

Aerial ability? There is none. He must have misjudged the flight of the ball at least 90% of the time, and that was on a beautiful sunny day with no wind whatsoever. He even jumped for a few balls that were closer to the stars than his head. On the rare occasion that he did get his head to the ball, contact was minimal and the ball would trundle through to the defender still anyway.

Shooting? He managed one shot in his time on the park. He almost cleared the stand.

I'll be surprised if he's in our squad next weekend tbh, never mind the starting XI. It may be difficult to see how good or bad a player is, but when they clearly shouldn't be playing professional football I think it's pretty obvious.

The best quote on our website about him was: "He is the footballing equivalent of the Nigerian email scam."

Ouch indeed.

He has though gone from doing his best to sign for Hearts to playing for Morton.

Maybe his hearts not in it or he's a bit peeved off.

I did see his brief appearance v Blackburn, added to his other showings albeit against junior teams and it doesn't sound like the same player at all.

Still, this is the way to find out, that's why he's there, somebody needs to stick a rocket up his bottom, really hope he does well for Morton.

jambos are go!

Ouch indeed.

He has though gone from doing his best to sign for Hearts to playing for Morton.

Maybe his hearts not in it or he's a bit peeved off.

I did see his brief appearance v Blackburn, added to his

other showings albeit against junior teams and it doesn't sound like the same player at all.

Still, this is the way to find out, that's why he's there, somebody needs to stick a rocket up his bottom, really hope he does well for Morton.

I saw him against Penicuik and agree that he was a different and better player than the one described by the Morton fan.

The Old Tolbooth

Aha!

This is a classic double bluff!

The Morton supporter comes on here and tells us how woefully bad Toto was, when he really lit up the place and had an absolute stormer, trying to scare us off from signing the guy in the hope he will stay with Morton :whistling:

Anyway, welcome on board mate, anyone who hates St Midden is welcome on here any time :thumbsup:

Aha!

This is a classic double bluff!

The Morton supporter comes on here and tells us how woefully bad Toto was, when he really lit up the place and had an absolute stormer, trying to scare us off from signing the guy in the hope he will stay with Morton :whistling:

I wish that were true.

It was a shock to me to see just how bad he was after reading about how he had impressed here and the efforts you lot were going to to try and sign him. I went to Cappielow on Saturday with high hopes, within 5 minutes I could tell that he wasn't very good and shouldn't be here, let alone in the SPL.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome. I refuse to be ripped off at Dens Park so won't see our next game in person but I'll keep you posted on Toto's (non-)involvement. Unless of course, you just want to take him now?

The Old Tolbooth

I wish that were true.

It was a shock to me to see just how bad he was after reading about how he had impressed here and the efforts you lot were going to to try and sign him. I went to Cappielow on Saturday with high hopes, within 5 minutes I could tell that he wasn't very good and shouldn't be here, let alone in the SPL.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome. I refuse to be ripped off at Dens Park so won't see our next game in person but I'll keep you posted on Toto's (non-)involvement. Unless of course, you just want to take him now?

Your very welcome mate, and as for Toto, I'd rather you kept him and gave him at least another 10 chances so we can assess him properly :whistling:

P.S. I hope you rip Dundee a new arsehole too!

Ok, so maybe he will feature again. Someone who was at hospitality on Saturday has just posted that our manager said: The boy knew he had not performed and was gutted in the dressing room. He has come highly recommended by people whose footballing judgement is good (presumably Jim Jeffries is one of those referred to). I think he had a bit a stage fright and then tried too hard. He will come good

He certainly didn't try, never mind try too hard, but by the sounds of it he will getother chances.

Ok, so maybe he will feature again. Someone who was at hospitality on Saturday has just posted that our manager said: The boy knew he had not performed and was gutted in the dressing room. He has come highly recommended by people whose footballing judgement is good (presumably Jim Jeffries is one of those referred to). I think he had a bit a stage fright and then tried too hard. He will come good

He certainly didn't try, never mind try too hard, but by the sounds of it he will getother chances.

Ach, I'm sure that once he learns how to Hold The Line, the boy from Africa will be fine. :whistling:

Is he speaking about Toto or Kyle after the Motherwell game. :ninja:

?Today was a very bad game for me because usually I don?t play like this. Normally, I play simple, try some skills and I score, but today that didn?t happen."

Usually I'm patient with new players and give them a bit of time

I went to Cappielow on Saturday with high hopes, within 5 minutes I could tell that he wasn't very good and shouldn't be here, let alone in the SPL.

Now, the lad may make it, he may not, but it is good to see that you give them a good chance to prove themselves at Morton.

Oh, and by the way, I hate Morton, you guys can ram it.:thumbsup:

Big Jonny T kens the score imo.

Saving himself for the big stage by not trying a leg for his new diddy team. :thumbsup:

Toto will be on the last chopper out of Saigon while the residents of Cappielow will be getting it right up the fairter off Ho Chi Min.

rudi must stay

?Today was a very bad game for me because usually I don?t play like this. Normally, I play simple, try some skills and I score, but today that didn?t happen."

sounds like he's playing basketball :lol:

Now, the lad may make it, he may not, but it is good to see that you give them a good chance to prove themselves at Morton.

Oh, and by the way, I hate Morton, you guys can ram it.:thumbsup:

Guess who's not in the Ton squad for todays game. :lol::lol::lol:

Just in case you missed my above post.

I hate Morton, you guys can ram it.:thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Guess who's not in the Ton squad for todays game. :lol::lol::lol:

what a great attitude, he had a poor first game so now you have written him off and celebrating that he is not in the first team. Nice...

• 2 weeks later...

Toto still hopeful of signing in January

"The problem is with the compensation. The compensation is from the Italian league but the club knows my background. Maybe it's too much money, I don't know. We were just waiting for clearance from the Italian federation because Legnano is bankrupt, but they never came back with an answer. We had to wait too long.

"It's difficult for me to explain the situation in Cameroon. I went there to keep my fitness up. When I came for a trial to Hearts, everything was okay like I expected. Hearts did not know anything about me. My manager went to Hearts with an idea to find me a good team in Scotland. I am a typical type of what you might call an Anglo-Saxon player. That is my kind of game."

Toto's agent Jake Duncan first offered the player to Hearts, acting on a tip-off from the former Cameroon international striker Alain Amougou. "He spotted the player and said, 'I think this boy could do a job'," recalled Duncan. "We put a proposal to Hearts and we didn't get the okay on it quick enough."Allan Moore, the Morton manager, said he wanted to sign Jonathan so we signed a short-term deal. I went back in and saw Jim Jefferies and Billy Brown and we shook hands on the fact that, if things go well, Hearts will get first refusal. He wouldn't be at Morton if he hadn't been at Hearts. We owe Hearts to go back in January and speak to them."

Duncan's proposal was initially put to Jefferies and then passed on to Vladimir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, and the investigation into Toto's history then began. "There are a couple of small clubs Jonathan was with as a youngster and, although we had verbal assurance that there would be no compensation claim, we didn't get anything in writing. Hearts, quite rightly, said we have to be really careful here," said Duncan. "We have a letter from Metz waiving compensation. We have a letter from his Cameroon club waiving compensation.

"That still leaves around about six years of his career where we don't have compensation waived. By FIFA rules, that could mean up to ?60,000 of compensation per year (of his development).

"So Hearts could technically be facing anything between ?300,000 to ?350,000. That has scuppered the prospect of doing

anything."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Striker-Toto-still-hopeful-of.6580942.jp?articlepage=1

• 3 weeks later...

Toto re-appeared again today. Unless Allan Moore is retarded (possible) then I've got about as much chance of playing next week as Toto has.

Guest vanbasten1874

Toto re-appeared again today. Unless Allan Moore is retarded (possible) then I've got about as much chance of playing next week as Toto has.

What do you mean like ?

:vrface:

Francis Albert

So the greatest player ever to play against Dunbar United flops again.

Meanwhile I notice David Witteveen scored today for Dundee, proving again he can score at a level four or five times higher than Toto has demonstrated he can ...

Guest jambomickey

So the greatest player ever to play against Dunbar United flops again.

Meanwhile I notice David Witteveen scored today for Dundee, proving again he can score at a level four or five times higher than Toto has demonstrated he can ...

some on here were unbelievable when toto was scoring against amateur teams.

If he is as bad as the Morton fans are saying then why on earth has JJ been trying to sign the guy, he must have seen him in training enough to make a judgement on him.

If he is as bad as the Morton fans are saying then why on earth has JJ been trying to sign the guy, he must have seen him in training enough to make a judgement on him.

I think Hearts were effectively putting him on trial at Morton, he certainly isn't the first player to show up well at reserve level but not cut the mustard playing in competitive matches.

In any event, do we need him? Kyle, Elliot and Elliot are all in the first team squad currently. Glen has done well in his reserve outings, Gordon Smith is doing very well at Stirling Albion and even Witteveen and Mole are showing up ok in the first division.

Here's a quote from a Morton fan after their game today:

"The only positive would be the introduction of the young starlet Toto. He seemed to give the players a real lift when he came on and caused numerous problems for the Raith defence with his pace and physical presence. Extremely unlucky to see his superb turn and shot go inches over the bar, and almost set up Graham with some excellent vision inside the box from a corner.

Get this lad service and the goals will come, that much is obvious. Why this guy is left on the bench is beyond me, he's the kind of player that teams should be built around. It's just a shame that he is ultimately set to move onto greater things in the January transfer window."

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=34590&st=50

"The only positive would be the introduction of the young starlet Toto. He seemed to give the players a real lift when he came on and caused numerous problems for the Raith defence with his pace and physical presence. Extremely unlucky to see his superb turn and shot go inches over the bar, and almost set up Graham with some excellent vision inside the box from a corner.

Get this lad service and the goals will come, that much is obvious. Why this guy is left on the bench is beyond me, he's the kind of player that teams should be built around. It's just a shame that he is ultimately set to move onto greater things in the January transfer window."

I read the forum and i will say that this quote was not agreed with by others

True, clearly I missed the sarcasm in the previous quote...

Here's another one:

"Bringing Toto on was basically leaving us with one up front. He can **** off back to Hearts tonight - Jeffries has never liked us and is clearly having a laugh."

jambos are go!

"The only positive would be the introduction of the young starlet Toto. He seemed to give the players a real lift when he came on and caused numerous problems for the Raith defence with his pace and physical presence. Extremely unlucky to see his superb turn and shot go inches over the

bar, and almost set up Graham with some excellent vision inside the box from a corner.

[/quot

This is a mickey take for our benefit.

portobellojambo1

"The only positive would be the introduction of the young starlet Toto. He seemed to give the players a real lift when he came on and caused numerous problems for the Raith defence with his pace and physical presence. Extremely unlucky to see his superb turn and shot go inches over the

bar, and almost set up Graham with some excellent vision inside the box from a corner.

http://www.greenockm...pic=34590&st=50

This is a mickey take for our benefit.

Ripping the piss, as you say. I'd heard stories about Toto that the HMFC coaching staff thought he had some decent footballing ability, but had a shit awful attitude. He appears to think that he has already made it, but it is obvious from the comments of the Morton fans that he might look all right against Dunbar United in the late July sunshine, but doesn't seem able to cope at a higher level in early winter down Greenock way. Maybe makes you realise why the Italian FA were hoping we'd cough up ?300k for him, get him off their hands while they make a tidy bit profit.

Why is there a thread still running about this joker. He's nothing more than a decent amateur player. We are HMFC. We don't need to fawn over donkeys like him.

Francis Albert

Why is there a thread still running about this joker. He's nothing more than a decent amateur player. We are HMFC. We don't need to fawn over donkeys like him.

I think it's because so many on JKB went into hysterics about him after his triumphant performance against Dunbar United. And we wish they'd come back and explain why. A bit childish I supose, but what the hell.

I think it's because so many on JKB went into hysterics about him after his triumphant performance against Dunbar United. And we wish they'd come back and explain why. A bit childish I supose, but what the hell.

You're forgetting his outstanding display against burntisland shipyard :lol:

Johanes de Silentio

some on here were unbelievable when toto was scoring against amateur teams.

Yeah - you're unbelieveable all the ******* time! :thumbsup:

Archived