Toto Update

Munch

I Was speaking to a guy i do business with who told me To Tos agent was at his house the hold up is the fact that each club he has previously signed with are due a payment if he signs for us.

To To told Hearts he had only signed for 2 previous clubs, however Hearts heve established he has signed for 6 previous clubs so we are trying to work out what each previous club is actually due before making the call to sign him.

Hearts are still keen to sign him he told me.I Am not sure if the closure of the window will affect the matter now though i dont think the window applies to trialists.

I Seen him at Dunbar he looked good, and also against Blackburn when he came on he also looked pretty good.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

I Was speaking to a guy i do business with who told me To Tos agent was at his house the hold up is the fact that each club he has previously signed with are due a payment if he signs for us.

To To told Hearts he had only signed for 2 previous clubs, however Hearts heve established he has signed for 6 previous clubs so we are trying to work out what each previous club is actually due before making the call to sign him.

Hearts are still keen to sign him he told me.I Am not sure if the closure of the window will affect the matter now though i dont think the window applies to trialists.

I Seen him at Dunbar he looked good, and also against Blackburn when he came on he also looked pretty good.

Another footballer who doesn't know when he has (or has not) signed a contract? I know footballers are often not the brightest, but what are these agent chaps for exactly?

Francis Albert

If he's contracted to a club, we can't sign him. How would we owe 6 clubs a payment? That's nonsense.

Depends on the terms of his previous 5 transfers I suppose?

Depends on the terms of his previous 5 transfers I suppose?

Well the two scenarios are:

He has no club and we owe no money so he can sign today.

He has a club and we owe money so he can't sign until January.

In my eyes.

jamboinglasgow

If he's contracted to a club, we can't sign him. How would we owe 6 clubs a payment? That's nonsense.

exactly, maybe his last club is owed money (if he is still contracted there) but 6 clubs all wanting payment is wrong, in at least I dont think they would have a leg to stand on if they did demand them (provided they were not his most recent club.)

Jambof3tornado

Agents are to make money and nowt else!

No idea how several clubs would be due money but cant imagine we'd be talking significant sums even for developemental costs.

GET HIM SIGNED NOW!

Jambof3tornado

to to at a secret press conference earlier today... laurel wreaths above heid and everything...

desmond-tutu-halo.jpg

Desmonds was a quality TV show!

But why would we need to pay 6 other clubs?

Sounds like nonsense to me.

Its to do with some regulation imposed by UEFA he told me just thought id update everyone on what i was told.

to to at a secret press conference earlier today... laurel wreaths above heid and everything...

desmond-tutu-halo.jpg

"DONT MESS WI MA TO TO"

Its to do with some regulation imposed by UEFA he told me just thought id update everyone on what i was told.

Never heard of this before, sounds a bit iffy to me to be honest mate. I could understand if he was signed to another club and we had to give them money but 6 clubs!! Dont make no sense.

Drylaw Hearts

He's a free agent. AC Legnano (previous club) folded. No money should be changing hands.

He may have been part owned by various clubs.

Never heard of this before, sounds a bit iffy to me to be honest mate. I could understand if he was signed to another club and we had to give them money but 6 clubs!! Dont make no sense.

I phoned my mate for more info seems he played in a closed door game on Monday and did not have a good game, the situation with the clubs that are due money is all clubs have been written to to ask them if they would want compensation if he signs and how much they are due, or if they are prepared to write it off to let the lad move on.And its FIFA Regulation not UEFA My mistake there.

That is All.

Seymour M Hersh

I thought JJ had said two of the three clearances they were looking for had come through okay. The 3rd from Italy was what was holding things up. When did 3 other clubs enter the equasion?

I phoned my mate for more info seems he played in a closed door game on Monday and did not have a good game, the situation with the clubs that are due money is all clubs have been written to to ask them if they would want compensation if he signs and how much they are due, or if they are prepared to write it off to let the lad move on.And its FIFA Regulation not UEFA My mistake there.

That is All.

But WHY would six clubs be due money? Do you have any info on this FIFA Regulation?

I'm not trying to be awkward here mate, just finding it hard to understand this 6 clubs due money stuff..

Guest GhostHunter

Christ, this is worse than Kingston's Dodgy Birthday and Pascal Mendy's Phantom French Passport.

From now on, he shall be forever called ToFro.

gorgie rd eh11

:lol: Go and phone your business associate/mate again for more info. This is entertaining stuff.

I think the businessman is pulling the op's plonker.

desmond-tutu-halo.jpg

What odd headwear....

I think the businessman is pulling the op's plonker.

What odd headwear....

I suspect said businessman has asked the OP to post this in exchange for $12,300,000.00 (seized from the Cameroonian government after the death of glorious leader Henry Mphela-Tutuho) to be placed into his account. All that he requires are the OP's bank details.

We wouldn't be due developmental fees as they are not applicable for cross border transfers I believe

It'd only apply if we signed him at a young age before he was eligible to sign a pro contract

We wouldn't be due 6 clubs money even if he had signed a deal, surely each club would be due the previous club?

Sounds like a load of wind and pish to me

portobellojambo1

I thought JJ had said two of the three clearances they were looking for had come through okay. The 3rd from Italy was what was holding things up. When did 3 other clubs enter the equasion?

This. As far as I understand it the delay in progressing this relate to the fact his previous club in Italy was dissolved, after declaring itself bankrupt, and we are therefore waiting on something from the Italian FA confirming the situation. Given he appears to be a free agent there will be no transfer fee involved, therefore no cut for other clubs. We cannot pay a transfer fee to a non existent club, I would imagine the paperwork required from Italy is more to do with his present registration, and the requirements to change that.

He's obviously a charlatan so bin him. Move on. Well done Hearts for trying to do things right and above board, not like Scottish football. :whistling:

Snake Plissken

We wouldn't be due developmental fees as they are not applicable for cross border transfers I believe

It'd only apply if we signed him at a young age before he was eligible to sign a pro contract

We wouldn't be due 6 clubs money even if he had signed a deal, surely each club would be due the previous club?

Sounds like a load of wind and pish to me

These are my thoughts too.

CavySlaveJambo

This. As far as I understand it the delay in progressing this relate to the fact his previous club in Italy was dissolved, after declaring itself bankrupt, and we are therefore waiting on something from the Italian FA confirming the situation. Given he appears to be a free agent there will be no transfer fee involved, therefore no cut for other clubs. We cannot pay a transfer fee to a non existent club, I would imagine the paperwork required from Italy is more to do with his present registration, and the requirements to change that.

This here too.

The delay from Italia could be due to the number of clubs (in the same league) dissolving over the Close Season. I doubt it. But it would make a mess.

Sounds like a :lol:load of wind and pish to me

This.

Training compensation for players under 23 only applies where the player is still contracted to a club. Toto's last club was Metz from whom he was released, so no payments required.

The hold-up is validating his papers from his time in Italy with the now defunct AC Legnano.

Methinks the OP has been told porkies.

He's obviously a charlatan so bin him. Move on. Well done Hearts for trying to do things right and above board, not like Scottish football. :whistling:

What gives you this impression? The issues appear to be with his previous clubs, not him.

I know in Italy it is reasonably common for clubs to buy a 50% share in a player and therefore co-own them. If they then sold the player with a sell-on clause to another Italian side, who again sold a 50% share then could it be conceivable that four clubs might be due cash?

This seems pretty unlikely. Can't get my head round six though.

Got to be growing in the telling.

According to the OP's logic then clubs should just sign up every single youngster they can then release them and wait for the money to roll in after the player has been at another 6 clubs...

The Old Tolbooth

Who Toto or DH? (Espically after a recent conversation with DH in the TA).

I'd say DH, especially after watching the man in action in the Ghillie Dhu a few weeks back ;)

Everyone seems to want to ignore the obvious explanation -- there has not been clearance to sign him despite JJ's wishes -- not from any football organisation or other club but from within our own club organisation.

There is no paperwork that takes this long and deep down we all know it -- if the 'club' wanted him we would have him by now -- there are discussions going on but paperwork is just an excuse to hide the facts.

Sometimes people need to differentiate their feelings for the club (and consequent excuses or invented possibilities) and just face facts.

We can moan and pretend all we like but there are times when our club has deserved the bad press it has received -- with no 'home' senior staff at the club anymore there are few checks or balances on what goes on.

This.

Training compensation for players under 23 only applies where the player is still contracted to a club. Toto's last club was Metz from whom he was released, so no payments required.

The hold-up is validating his papers from his time in Italy with the now defunct AC Legnano.

Methinks the OP has been told porkies.

Was his last club Metz tho ? There is something fishy going on here and I'm gald the club are taking time to put the pieces together before we have egg on our faces !

jamboinglasgow

Everyone seems to want to ignore the obvious explanation -- there has not been clearance to sign him despite JJ's wishes -- not from any football organisation or other club but from within our own club organisation.

There is no paperwork that takes this long and deep down we all know it -- if the 'club' wanted him we would have him by now -- there are discussions going on but paperwork is just an excuse to hide the facts.

Sometimes people need to differentiate their feelings for the club (and consequent excuses or invented possibilities) and just face facts.

We can moan and pretend all we like but there are times when our club has deserved the bad press it has received -- with no 'home' senior staff at the club anymore there are few checks or balances on what goes on.

if that was the case, why keep him here for so long, if JJ knew he was not getting permission then it is pointless to waste the lads time, and I doubt JJ would be that unproffesional.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I spoke to a cat who told me the reason he has six clubs to his name was because he duped in to joining as they found out he liked a lot of chocolate in his biscuit. :whistling:

The cat is now in a wheelie bin. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

CJGJ,

What an incredible leap of an assumption that was! Dear god some folk would be best keeping some perspective and balance and not always assuming the worst all the time, I will remember to ask you what happened to this case -that you say we all know deep down is down to the club- if we sign him up.

Glad I am not as unbelievably paranoid as you are mate.

The Treasurer

if that was the case, why keep him here for so long, if JJ knew he was not getting permission then it is pointless to waste the lads time, and I doubt JJ would be that unproffesional.

I think you've just blown that bizarre "it's Vlad's fault" theory clean out of the water by using common sense and logic thumbsup.gif

I think you've just blown that bizarre "it's Vlad's fault" theory clean out of the water by using common sense and logic thumbsup.gif

in this case I think it's stupid to blame vlad IMO

He's a free agent. AC Legnano (previous club) folded. No money should be changing hands.

Think that its a bit like when we got a 'development fee' for Webster and Stranraer claimed a cut from us and not Wigan!

Legano folding could be the issue, normally we would pay a development fee to Legano and they would then pass on any other monies that were due to previous clubs! With no legano to claim the initial development fee then we may just be trying to work out if it is only the last club that can make a claim for a development fee or whether the club prior to Legano would be able to become the claimee and then pass the cut to each of the other 4 remaining clubs!

"obvious explanation"....

"deep down we all know"...

CJGJ you're talking pish mate.

Deep down, we all know that. It's the obvious explanation!

...or is it?

Drylaw Hearts

Think that its a bit like when we got a 'development fee' for Webster and Stranraer claimed a cut from us and not Wigan!

Legano folding could be the issue, normally we would pay a development fee to Legano and they would then pass on any other monies that were due to previous clubs! With no legano to claim the initial development fee then we may just be trying to work out if it is only the last club that can make a claim for a development fee or whether the club prior to Legano would be able to become the claimee and then pass the cut to each of the other 4 remaining clubs!

If Stranraer had got any money - serious questions would have been asked.

Archived