Toto Update

Munch

Charlie-Brown

It might not clarify anything but at one point a few years ago Hearts, Inter Milan & Sporting Lisbon all had claim to a share in Mauricio Pinilla based on his previous transfer dealings and ownership.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

I think the more obvious and sobering question (if there is anything in the OP) is how six clubs failed to spot that Toto is a gem who is capable of ripping apart the SPL (or an equivalent league).

Drylaw Hearts

I think the more obvious and sobering question (if there is anything in the OP) is how six clubs failed to spot that Toto is a gem who is capable of ripping apart the SPL (or an equivalent league).

Who said they failed ?

Maybe the clubs needed the money and took the best deal possible ?

Btw...

The above is as unlikely of most of the other stuff posted on this thread.

Jambof3tornado

When was he at an SPL club like?

Some folk are so negative it makes me curious at to why they even bother to post! Or even get up in the morning!

Think that its a bit like when we got a 'development fee' for Webster and Stranraer claimed a cut from us and not Wigan!

Legano folding could be the issue, normally we would pay a development fee to Legano and they would then pass on any other monies that were due to previous clubs! With no legano to claim the initial development fee then we may just be trying to work out if it is only the last club that can make a claim for a development fee or whether the club prior to Legano would be able to become the claimee and then pass the cut to each of the other 4 remaining clubs!

It was Arbroath and they got a cut because it was in the original transfer from them to us that they would get a sell on fee.

Nothing to do with development fees.

As far as I'm aware, development fees only apply within the same country.

Francis Albert

When was he at an SPL club like?

Some folk are so negative it makes me curious at to why they even bother to post! Or even get up in the morning!

I wasn't being negative. Just making an observation. Don't you think it would be just a wee bit suspicious if a hidden gem of a footballer made it through 6 clubs without anyone noticing?

Some folk have got so excited about someone who can score against Dunbar United I wonder why they left their home planet.

According to the OP's logic then clubs should just sign up every single youngster they can then release them and wait for the money to roll in after the player has been at another 6 clubs...

You've heard the term 'don't shoot the messenger'?

This. As far as I understand it the delay in progressing this relate to the fact his previous club in Italy was dissolved, after declaring itself bankrupt, and we are therefore waiting on something from the Italian FA confirming the situation. Given he appears to be a free agent there will be no transfer fee involved, therefore no cut for other clubs. We cannot pay a transfer fee to a non existent club, I would imagine the paperwork required from Italy is more to do with his present registration, and the requirements to change that.

Well any paperwork that requires to come out of Italy will take years and that would be if the club still existed imagine how long it will take when the club has been liquidated?

Jambof3tornado

I wasn't being negative. Just making an observation. Don't you think it would be just a wee bit suspicious if a hidden gem of a footballer made it through 6 clubs without anyone noticing?

Some folk have got so excited about someone who can score against Dunbar United I wonder why they left their home planet.

Its all down to defining a 'hidden gem'. Several managers may all have thought Toto was a bit cumbersome/huddy like,which doesnt suit every league but may suit our own. JJ isnt saying we have the next Messi or Ronaldo,but rather a strong lad who has a little something special that couldnt benefit from some Scottish coaching.

Keep the faith.

But WHY would six clubs be due money? Do you have any info on this FIFA Regulation?

I'm not trying to be awkward here mate, just finding it hard to understand this 6 clubs due money stuff..

His agents name is Jake Duncan toto is a free agent so he can sign for Hearts if the other clubs he was previously signed for agree to not accept the compensation they are due.This i am told is a fairly new regulation brought in by FIFA To stop players moving around from club to club to much.

Its all a bit of a mess and it looks unlikely that he will sign is the latest.

jambos are go!

His agents name is Jake Duncan toto is a free agent so he can sign for Hearts if the other clubs he was previously signed for agree to not accept the compensation they are due.This i am told is a fairly new regulation brought in by FIFA To stop players moving around from club to club to much.

How can a club/agent claim a development fee for a player who has no contract, has been released and is not getting paid by anyone. If that is the case then the world has gone mad and prepare for Bosman 2.

Drylaw Hearts

Jake Duncan recommended Eliphas Shivute of Motherwell 'fame' to Hearts back in the 90's.

Jake was also a Roadie with the Bay City Rollers.

Shang-A-Lang.

"obvious explanation"....

"deep down we all know"...

CJGJ you're talking pish mate.

Deep down, we all know that. It's the obvious explanation!

...or is it?

Of course if you do not know the rules and regulations then it could be a complex matter or the club used this excuse as a series of smoking mirrors to kid the fans -- would they ? ................... but in this case there is no excuse -- we could sign him today if we wanted and no fees would be due to any previous clubs.

I mentioned before there are discussions ongoing and there are -- they go like this JJ -- 'I want to sign Toto' -- Club ' Do we really need him, after all Elliot is doing well and we have the other Elliot, Kyle, Glen and Obua at a pinch so we think we can do without him' -- JJ replies 'I really want him and this is not a case I am willing to accept a no for' -- Club ' Well we'll see and try to get permission from above' -- so far no word.

So keep your head in the sand and ignore what is happening but the reality is that painted above -- now I hope it is a fight JJ wins for you should trust your managers judgement or just sack him.

There are no fees to be paid to any club or compensation due -- that is just a load of red herrings mentioned to try and buy time whilst 'discussions' are ongoing.

FIFA could have given clearance by now if we had asked.

I am not anti Vlad but nor am I some sort of idiot who accepts all the club states as gospel.

I expect the money for Copil has come through from his current club as they would of course have to compensate us having signed him after he was freed by us -- yeah right!.

Sorry, but that sounds like absolute testicles.

Jake Duncan recommended Eliphas Shivute of Motherwell 'fame' to Hearts back in the 90's.

Shang-A-Lang.

Another player that performed well in non competitive matches. A hat trick IIRC.

Drylaw Hearts

Another player that performed well in non competitive matches. A hat trick IIRC.

For Hearts ?

He played in a closed door match v Newcastle (I think) and I'm sure he scored. IIRC.....he also played a trial match for Hibs before heading to 'Well.

For Hearts ?

He played in a closed door match v Newcastle (I think) and I'm sure he scored. IIRC.....he also played a trial match for Hibs before heading to 'Well.

I wouldn't bet my last ha'penny on it but I seem to recall him performing so well in a closed doors game that the press were calling for his signature. I may not be spot on with the hat trick but I seem to recall him playing well and scoring.

Shang-A-Lang.

did he not also have a pub at Shandwick? if so I know the guy!

Mr Brightside

Well any paperwork that requires to come out of Italy will take years and that would be if the club still existed imagine how long it will take when the club has been liquidated?

August is the holiday season in Itlay, think Edinburgh Trades but for a month and across the enite country.

It is very likely that the department responsible for forwarding the paperwork have multiple members of staff on holiday and given this a low priority over fialising Serie A tranfers etc.

This is all on top of the usual Italian form filling bureaucracy.

Thommo's personal fact of the day: if I was named after a mass murdering dictator, I'd have hit the deed poll office before I entered Britain's Got Talent.

Saw him on the Canongate on Friday. He is one seriously large dude. Alas, I think there is something seriously wrong in the background or the deal would have been concluded by now.

Drylaw Hearts

That paperwork cannot be that far away now, can it?

It left the coast of Italy 2 weeks ago.

MES2125.jpg

ETA is unknown.

It left the coast of Italy 2 weeks ago.

MES2125.jpg

ETA is unknown.

The missing picture was THE clue. Dammit, this paperwork is sure elusive.

Saw him on the Canongate on Friday. He is one seriously large dude. Alas, I think there is something seriously wrong in the background or the deal would have been concluded by now.

Surely if it wasn't going to happen then he would have left by now to try out for another team.. The fact he is still in Edinburgh makes me think that we are still likely to sign him..

Not wanting to build pressure on him but i think if we had through him on in the last 10 minutes against St Johnstone and Dundee United we would have taken 3 points from 1 of those games..

Not wanting to build pressure on him but i think if we had through him on in the last 10 minutes against St Johnstone and Dundee United we would have taken 3 points from 1 of those games..

:lol: based on what exactly?

:lol: based on what exactly?

Not really based on anything.. however instead of being able to bring him on we brought on an unfit Elliott and Kyle against St Johnstone and still had them pegged back in their own half.. Toto would have brought a bit of pace and could have made the difference..

Against Dundee United they were pressuring us but i dont feel we had any outlet when their attacks broke down which is something that Toto could have given us with his pace..

Some players have made a decent career out of only having pace.. Lovenkrands being one, Michael Owen to a lesser extent being another..

linkin- hearts

I'm sure if he wasn't as near as hell a Hearts player already, somebody else would have him training at their club by now to see what he's capable of.. :thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

JJ isn't looking at Toto as a signing for the first team. He wants to build him into a future star.

Jambof3tornado

JJ isn't looking at Toto as a signing for the first team. He wants to build him into a future star.

With his age though I dont think it would be long before he is pushing for a 1st team place.

No reserve league for him to develope in so its 1st eleven or nowt!

With his age though I dont think it would be long before he is pushing for a 1st team place.

No reserve league for him to develope in so its 1st eleven or nowt!

although i want whatever players jj wants for hearts it could just as easily be nowt. i don`t really understand the level of excitement about this guy tbh.

although i want whatever players jj wants for hearts it could just as easily be nowt. i don`t really understand the level of excitement about this guy tbh.

Its more to do with the complete lack of a goalscorer this last couple of years imo. Well since Velicka.

Its more to do with the complete lack of a goalscorer this last couple of years imo. Well since Velicka.

aye i know. maybe not understanding it was the wrong phrase to use. we have signed to players in kyle and elliott that will help us get more goals.

the eagerness to sign a player who hasn`t done that much is just a touch o.t.t. in my opinion.

aye i know. maybe not understanding it was the wrong phrase to use. we have signed to players in kyle and elliott that will help us get more goals.

the eagerness to sign a player who hasn`t done that much is just a touch o.t.t. in my opinion.

To be honest, Toto's wage demands won't be high, if all is as it seems, he should be a free agent and we can just sign him. Won't be too much of a gamble for the price, and with a bit of training and development invested in him, possibly a loan move too in order to gain match practice (as there is no reserve league) then well....what do we really have to lose.

He certainly offers something different that the usual Gary Glen/Calum Elliot mould, I just wish Hearts would get the finger out rather than beating around the bush with this guy

To be honest, Toto's wage demands won't be high, if all is as it seems, he should be a free agent and we can just sign him. Won't be too much of a gamble for the price, and with a bit of training and development invested in him, possibly a loan move too in order to gain match practice (as there is no reserve league) then well....what do we really have to lose.

He certainly offers something different that the usual Gary Glen/Calum Elliot mould, I just wish Hearts would get the finger out rather than beating around the bush with this guy

Hearts are making sure they don't need to pay compensation for him before signing him. What is the issue with that?

To be honest, Toto's wage demands won't be high

Are you his agent? You have no idea what his wage demands are, so stop talking pish :thumbsup:

i don`t really understand the level of excitement about this guy tbh.

Let me give you a few of examples. Jose Quitongo. Ricardo Fuller. Rudi Skacel. Juanjo. All players plucked from relative obscurity who, to varying degrees, got us on the edge of our seats and entertained us. I realise that we've also had our fair share of Eskillson's, Mo Berthe's & Fitzroy Simpson's, but it's the not knowing that makes this signing such a tantalising prospect! Could he cut it at SPL level? Who knows, but I'd love to see him try....

Agreed, a different option. Teams have played against Kyle, Callum Elliot and Glen enough to know what to expect. But it would be good to have a young, quick, unknown quantity to bring in. If it doesn't work, here's hoping we have been cautious enough with wages, compensation etc. Which we seem to have been doing.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I just think their is something fishy about the whole thing.

I understand that development fee's can help smaller club if players get poached, even for Hearts, but if nobody administrates the system then what's the point.

Clubs have to register players and I assume they are registered to recognised bodies ie. SFA, FA, DBF, etc. So if a player is taken the smaller club can use the registration as evidence his development and request payment. I mean,,, how long can it take to call all the agency's and ask? And how can some one enforce development payment if no one tracks the registrations?

Toto and his agent must be losing out. If he gets a crunch tackle that leads to an injury in training then bang goes any contract. (Is he even still training? :unsure: I would be sat in cotton wool myself.)

Something fishy!!! :blink:

Archived