Toto's Papers

Greedy_Jambo

Greedy_Jambo

Its typical that vlad's fax machine seems to be broken when we actually want some use from it.

Johanes de Silentio

Its typical that vlad's fax machine seems to be broken when we actually want some use from it.

JKB appears to have forgotten all about Toto after Callum's performance yesterday! ;)

linkin- hearts

Was speaking to his paperboy yesterday. Apparently he takes The Sun during the week and The NOTW on a sunday:whistling:

Is this vlad's fault?

Jeezo, the boy was not being entirely serious. However, I'll play, do you know it isn't?

Johanes de Silentio

Was speaking to his paperboy yesterday. Apparently he takes The Sun during the week and The NOTW on a sunday:whistling:

When Pasquale Bruno was staying in one of Edinburgh's many fine hotels, he allegedly asked for Sunday papers to be brought to him.

Misunderstanding Bruno's accent, a member of staff arrived shortly afterwards with some sandpaper!

How everyone laughed! :ermm:

This is either a true story or an urban myth - I'm keeping out of it!

linkin- hearts

When Pasquale Bruno was staying in one of Edinburgh's many fine hotels, he allegedly asked for Sunday papers to be brought to him.

Misunderstanding Bruno's accent, a member of staff arrived shortly afterwards with some sandpaper!

Sounds plausible:thumbsup:

Jeezo, the boy was not being entirely serious. However, I'll play, do you know it isn't?

If I knew I wouldn't have asked

Greedy_Jambo

Its no vlads fault its his fax machine. Toto's agent has been furiously trying to send over the papers with no joy.

Vlad refuses to buy a new fax machine stating "i shall not be buying a new fax machine"

:thumbsup:

Its no vlads fault its his fax machine. Toto's agent has been furiously trying to send over the papers with no joy.

Vlad refuses to buy a new fax machine stating "i shall not be buying a new fax machine"

:thumbsup:

At least not until it is 'out of contract' :whistling:

I hope Pasquale grabbed that member of staff in a heid lock and rubbed that sandpaper right accross their foreheed. How dare they not get it right!!!

Thing is if elliot is revived then do we really NEED Toto?

injuries ?

and the more competion the better

Yes. Much as I'm delighted about Calum's current form I'm not convinced he's certain to be consistent and given Kyle's tendency to be a bit of a bruiser I can't see him getting through the season without injury.

Jambof3tornado

Bit early to claim Callum is revived. Not sure we do need Toto with several youngsters doing well but not needing and not wanting are miles apart. I want him as he seems

to score instinctively,and he may be worth a bob or 2 in a few years!

Johanes de Silentio

I don't think anyone is saying that Elliot is revived, just that he's playing well and scoring a goal or two - credit where it's due.

I hope we sign Toto.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Fair enough.

Don't get me wrong I'd love us to sign Toto but only if he is going to be on a relativly small wage as I'd like another attacking midfeilder signed.

Edit: And that should be the priority IMO.

Johanes de Silentio

Fair enough.

Don't get me wrong I'd love us to sign Toto but only if he is going to be on a relativly small wage as I'd like another attacking midfeilder signed.

I agree. :thumbsup:

Frankenstein Jambo.

I take it he IS going to be signed if it comes back he isn't registered to another club?

Yes. Much as I'm delighted about Calum's current form I'm not convinced he's certain to be consistent and given Kyle's tendency to be a bit of 'a big lump' I can't see him getting through the season without injury.

Fixed that for you redm. It's the Scotland on Sunday way. Bruiser is far too eloquent and kind ;)

Agree with ya though! :thumbsup:

If they are dealing with the Cameroons it's not a fax machine that is needed...

bush_telegraph_297x200.gif

Greedy_Jambo

It's all gone quiet on the toto front. Its almost like he never existed.

With Both elliots out with injury tonight we are left with an 80% fit kyle.

Toto is needed here.

Toto is needed here.

Take a chill pill. He's scored a few goals against non league opposition. Nothing to get excited about.

Greedy_Jambo

Take a chill pill. He's scored a few goals against non league opposition. Nothing to get excited about.

He's scored a hell of a lot more goals against pish opposition than any other hearts player thats played on those games.

Seymour M Hersh

Toto is needed here.

Dear god what a panic you're getting yourself into. Simmer down to a frenzy ffs.

Greedy_Jambo

Dear god what a panic you're getting yourself into. Simmer down to a frenzy ffs.

Oh aye a know. My fingers are all over the place here. I can't cope. :whistling:

Francis Albert

He's scored a hell of a lot more goals against pish opposition than any other hearts player thats played on those games.

No. Witteveen matched him.

Yes. Much as I'm delighted about Calum's current form I'm not convinced he's certain to be consistent and given Kyle's tendency to be a bit of a bruiser I can't see him getting through the season without injury.

Exactly :thumbsup:

Greedy_Jambo

No. Witteveen matched him.

Witteveen wasn't playing in the games toto played in was he?

Francis Albert

Witteveen wasn't playing in the games toto played in was he?

I didn't say he was.

Witteveen has also scored regularly at about four levels higher than the pish opposition Toto and Witteveen scored against pre-season. Difference is Toto has had less opportunity at the top level, but Witteveen's example is a cautionary note. Hope he gets the chance to show what he can do though when JJ judges it's timely.

Greedy_Jambo

I'm no going to argue with anyone the night. I want toto signed.

Toto is young, Toto scores goals, toto is better than jamie mole!

I'll be chanting that outside vlad's villa later on the night.

On Hearts world it was mentioned that Toto's chances of signing were less than 50/50 -- mentioned that JJ was not 100% convinced which may be reason for delay rather than admin problems.

(I think the paper problem is a lack of it in Vlads fax machine)

So make of that what you will but it was mentioned by the esteemed Lawrence live on air.

On Hearts world it was mentioned that Toto's chances of signing were less than 50/50 -- mentioned that JJ was not 100% convinced which may be reason for delay rather than admin problems.

(I think the paper problem is a lack of it in Vlads fax machine)

So make of that what you will but it was mentioned by the esteemed Lawrence live on air.

[/quote

This would be disappointing if true. I was hoping for 2 more signings before the transfer window

closes, but its looking unlikely as each day passes.

Marmeladent?rtchen

This would be disappointing if true. I was hoping for 2 more signings before the transfer window

closes, but its looking unlikely as each day passes.

I think fun starts on dead line day!

I believe Toto is unattached so the window means nothing.

Jambof3tornado

Any chance we will get an EPL player on loan due to this 25 man squad malarky?

Toto did look to have something about him but if JJ decides he isnt for us then fair enough.

tartofmidlothian

Would still take him. Looks solid, knows where the goal is and is probably 30 so bags of experience ;)

You could be right there. Stung for transfer fees, my ****, JJ's probably just trying to make sure he isn't as old as Larry!

Given that Kyle and the Elliot(t)s are our reliable strikers at the moment, I'd love to see Toto here. The new Juanjo/Quitongo/Valois, I reckon. But hold on, where's Gary Glen?

If we sign him at the age he is we could be stung with a 900k compensation bills set from Fifa HQ rising too 1.6mill or something stupid (figures made up) depending on the length of time he has spent at a club. Thats the rules regarding young players contracted to a team when they sign for a new team. If I was Metz id keep my mouth shut and the contract in the drawer and wait for the overinflated compensation rather than a nominal small fee for what he is probably worth.

Playing it safe makes sense. The kid seems an alright prospect but im sure we all dont want a Besliga sized nasty surprise on some kid who may or may not be any good, settle in the area etc etc

Archived