Toto's Papers

Greedy_Jambo

Drylaw Hearts

Anyone seen toto today? He's a toto goal scoring machine i'll have you know.

How long did it take you to think of that ?

Be honest.

We are amost there guys, we have received clearence from France and Cameroon and are now just waiting clearence from Italy as he played there as kid. Its interesting to hear that JJ and Vlad have not talked about the lad yet ? This is all in todays EEN, so take it with a pinch of salt !

We are amost there guys, we have received clearence from France and Cameroon and are now just waiting clearence from Italy as he played there as kid. Its interesting to hear that JJ and Vlad have not talked about the lad yet ? This is all in todays EEN, so take it with a pinch of salt !

Can you post the link please

.... I'd love to see Toto here. The new Juanjo/Quitongo/Valois, I reckon.

Whilst happy with the signing of Kyle and Elliott, the return to form of Elliot and the potential of Robinson, I'm more excited about the prospect of signing Toto, and I think the above post hits the nail on the head. It's the total unknown (pardon the pun) aspect of the signing that makes it exciting. Will he be a Hans Eskillson or a JLV? A Mo Berthe or an MDV? We all knew about Kyle and, to an extent, Elliott, so have an idea what to expect, but with Toto, who knows what we might get.....

JJ pulling rabbits out of hats was one of the most exciting aspects of his previous tenure, because, for every Thomas Flogel there was a Fitzroy Simpson (although I recall Simpson cost us a few ?000's, so maybe not a great example!). Some made him look genius, others made him look like a kid at a party trying to pin the tail on the donkey (Petric?), so I've still no idea how much is luck and how much is talent.

The prospect of Toto, to me, is the first real example of JJ attempting another magic trick, and I, for one, would love him to sign, just to see how the story unfolds.

Midloth_Iain
HEARTS are awaiting one final document relating to Jonathan Toto's background before beginning contract discussions with the Cameroonian trialist.

Club officials have received international clearance from football associations in France and Cameroon but have also requested clearance from Italy, where Toto played with now-defunct fourth division club AC Legnano.

Once the required documentation arrives, the 20-year-old can begin talks over a permanent deal. He has impressed manager Jim Jefferies in training and during a series of friendly appearances, most notably against Blackburn Rovers earlier this month.

The Hearts manager has spent the intervening period investigating the career of a player who was born in Cameroon but holds a French passport and would therefore not require a UK work permit. Clearance from the Italian FA is the last piece of the jigsaw.

"There is an Italian side where he played as a young boy so we have to get clearance there," Jefferies told the Evening News. "The Cameroon side has come through and the French side we got first, so we're nearly there in terms of getting the clearance. Then we will talk to the agent and I'll have a chat with Sergejus Fedotovas and Mr Romanov to see what I think is the best way to take it forward.

"I'm not going to do anything until I get all that paperwork. The agent knows that and he's busily trying to get it. When that's put on my desk and I'm happy with it then I'll be able to discuss with the owners if there is a possibility of getting him."

Jefferies has not relinquished hope of recruiting another attacking midfield player but said he may have to wait until the January transfer window having thus far failed to persuade Kilmarnock to sell Craig Bryson.

"We've always said it was that striker and a midfield player who can get forward that would make us a decent squad," he said. "Even with the squad we have we're still looking not too bad.

"It has to be that attacking type because there's no point just taking a midfield player who isn't that type."

:thumbsup:

"There is an Italian side where he played as a young boy so we have to get clearance there," Jefferies told the Evening News. "The Cameroon side has come through and the French side we got first, so we're nearly there in terms of getting the clearance. Then we will talk to the agent and I'll have a chat with Sergejus Fedotovas and Mr Romanov to see what I think is the best way to take it forward."

19 yr old is hardly a boy. If I could work out over 10 days ago that clearance from the Italian FA would be required in respect of the defunct AC Legnano, then why hadn't his agent.

Has the lad been living of expenses for the past month while he's at Riccarton?

Say What Again

Has the lad been living of expenses for the past month while he's at Riccarton?

I would imagine so.

The missus works at the hotel where Hibs house trialists/new signings. Whether they stay for 3 days or 3 weeks, win a contract or not, Hibs foot the bill.

Greedy_Jambo

Just the italian papers to collect then we'l be able to unlock toto the striker.

:D

it's like a game of monopoly this.

well no, actually it's not. but it's like some other sort of game... collecting documents along the way and then finally play the end game of trying to sign him and possibly be defeated right at the end by the big bad evil wizard of LIFFland.

maybe he'll make JJ have to roll a double 6 before he can open talks.

How do we need clearance from a team which is defunct?

It's the FA's that give the clearance, not the club. If it was down to the clubs, might be a bit quicker process (assuming all FA's are like our's!), even a defunct one!

Archived