Toto, Not Much New But Today On The Site...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Here's a thing. Why have we got a player on trial who "might" be attached to another club. Isnt that the very defintion of tapping up. Surely to hell we check with the agent that he's unattached and do a simple check with Metz or wherever his registration is held and check that we have permission to have a look at him.

Hiya Metz. Its Hearts here. Is Jonathan Toto your player ?

No not any more.

Does someone else hold his registration ?.

Naw (Non) we still do.

So he's not attached to any other club ?

Nope.

Great thanks. Just to let you know we are having him over here for a trial

or

Hiya Metz, its Hearts here. Is Jonathan Toto your player ?.

Yes he still is. We hold his registration

Can we bring him over here for a trial and get back to you ?.

Yes of course you can

Only at Hearts could it be more difficult than that !!!!

I SMELL SHITE !!!!!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sydney from Sydney

Sounds very professional on Hearts part to me.

Making sure that a player is free to join us before actually saying that he will sign.

It's happened too often in the past to several clubs that a player signs and then someone appears out the woodwork to say they hold the players registration and they want a fee for him.

I know this won't please the Vlad GTF camp but we are going about our business in a very correct and sensible fashion here.

This is an unusual stance for a club to take. Someone at Tynie must be very suspicious about Toto hence the public statement form JJ that he wants to make sure he is who he says he is. Hope we get him.

linkin- hearts

turning into a bit of a saga i think.

As long as it has a happy ending:thumbsup:

Commander lovemuscle

Dont you have to have all the relivent clearence for the people that hold the registration before you can even play in a closed door friendly ?

Guest jambomickey

Dont you have to have all the relivent clearence for the people that hold the registration before you can even play in a closed door friendly ?

that's what i thought, i coach laddies football and i can't even have another laddie train with me if he's with another boys club unless i first get permission from his coach.

Half the problem is checking that he's even who he says he is!! He just fell off the radar after leaving Metz (if it's the same guy!!). He said he played in the Cameroonian pro league for the year he was back home, but there seems to be no record of that.

They like him and think he can offer something. Apparently he's got quite the ego on him, but then that's sometimes not a bad thing for a striker. They simply can't sign him until they know who he is and what he's been doing for the last year.

Remember this happened to Hibs with Zemmama. His old club ended up claiming for about ?1M i think it was. We need to tread carefully and at the end of the day, if we don't sign him, it'll be because it isn't safe to do so and it'll be the right thing. Glad we're going about it like this.

Hearts Heritage

I spent a good 30 minutes trying to find out his Date Of Birth or anything about him, Other than third party references to him playing for Metz, message board links or news stories over the pat few weeks nothing.

The Official FC Metz site has photos of all their youth teams and He wasn't in any. Hence Hearts trying to clear up the situation.

<br>I spent a good 30 minutes trying to find out his Date Of Birth or anything about him, Other than third party references to him  playing for Metz, message board links  or news stories over the pat few weeks nothing. <br><br>The Official FC Metz site has photos of all their youth teams and He wasn't in any.  Hence Hearts trying to clear up the situation.<br>

I have a slight worry about all of this.

Does Toto have an EU passport because if not then you bet he will not be given a work permit by the usual "independent" comittee of experts. This would consist of (sorry for spelling) Billy McNeill, Murdo McCloud, and Pat Nevin and anyone else that will shaft us.

You just know if we get that far it will happen.<br>

I was going to suggest it may be Kingston in disguise - trying to wangle his way back into the club.

Then I realised how stupid I was being, as the lad isn't injured.

if it was toto the dog we could just have him scanned to see if he's been chipped.

but of course this is not the case.

Marmeladent?rtchen

FYI. Some information about Daniel Sturridge move from Man City to Chelsea.

With Sturridge's contract at Manchester City expired, he signed for Chelsea on a four-year contract on 3 July 2009. As Sturridge is under the age of 24, and the two sides were unable to agree a deal, the fee for Sturridge was decided by a tribunal. The Professional Football Compensation Committee decided on 14 January 2010, that Chelsea would pay an initial fee of ?3.5 million with additional payments of ?500,000 after each of 10, 20, 30 and 40 first-team competitive appearances. There will also be a further payment of ?1 million if the player makes a full international appearance, and Manchester City will receive 15 per cent of any sell-on fee if Sturridge is transferred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Sturridge

Although Toto is out of contract a development fee may still be due. I understand that Metz have to clearly state that they expect no development fee from Hearts. And maybe when asked for this statement, Metz decided to come up with a number to make a quick ??! :whistling:

rossthejambo

Whts the latest on this TOTO dude?

You see the first post on this thread? There's a link that takes you to the latest news.

Quite straight forward really. :rolleyes:

Whts the latest on this TOTO dude?

He's away back to Kansas for a bit as his house was damaged during a tornado.

BobbyJenkins

Why can't some people just accept it may be complicated. Various feasible reasons have been offered on this thread as to why that may be...

Guest JamboRobbo

Why can't some people just accept it may be complicated. Various feasible reasons have been offered on this thread as to why that may be...

Probably the same reason some can't accept it may be Vlad ******* around.

Personally, I accept it may be complicated by checking his background. But equally, it's perfectly feasible it could be Vlad messing around. Do you accept it may be Vlad messing around?

Personally, I accept it may be complicated by checking his background. But equally, it's perfectly feasible it could be Vlad messing around. Do you accept it may be Vlad messing around?

Aye let's have another "Knock Vlad" thread. We haven't had one for a while.

Guest JamboRobbo

Aye let's have another "Knock Vlad" thread. We haven't had one for a while.

Just making the point to Bobby Jenkins that both possibilities are perfectly feasible, not just the one he likes.

No surprise to see you jump in to try and turn it into an argument however.

...a bit disco

According to some bellend on Facebook he's mince anyway.

" By all accounts he is absolutely pish at training!! And having watched him warming up against Blackburn it is hard to imagine in being any good!!"

Must be true, eh?!!!

Just making the point to Bobby Jenkins that both possibilities are perfectly feasible, not just the one he likes.

Not trying to turn it into an argument - just can't understand why you can't accept what JJ says unless/until you have some evidence to the contrary.

Charlie-Brown

Whilst it is 'feasible' it might be Vlad or anybody in the decision making chain messing around there is zero evidence to suggest this is the case and Jim Jefferies has given several detailed updates on his understanding about Toto's availability and attempts to seek clarity on his situation but if pre-emptive Vlad bashing is your thing then pitchforks at the ready. :)

You're right - both perfectly feasible and has happened in the past and no doubt will happen again, but not the case this time, JR. The guy's a ghost and they want all the info before signing, nowt sinister. Good sauce on this one.

Of course, we could get all the info, get the contract all drawn up and then VR wipe his bum with it, but nothing to see here at the mo anyway!!

Guest JamboRobbo

Whilst it is 'feasible' it might be Vlad or anybody in the decision making chain messing around there is zero evidence to suggest this is the case and Jim Jefferies has given several detailed updates on his understanding about Toto's availability and attempts to seek clarity on his situation but if pre-emptive Vlad bashing is your thing then pitchforks at the ready. :)

I've not said anything either way. Just making the point that both possibilities are perfectly feasible, which even you seem to be unable to deny.

Guest JamboRobbo

You're right - both perfectly feasible and has happened in the past and no doubt will happen again, but not the case this time, JR. The guy's a ghost and they want all the info before signing, nowt sinister. Good sauce on this one.

I hope you are right.

Of course, we could get all the info, get the contract all drawn up and then VR wipe his bum with it, but nothing to see here at the mo anyway!!

Indeed.

Charlie-Brown

I've not said anything either way. Just making the point that both possibilities are perfectly feasible, which you seem to be unable to deny.

Many things are feasible or conceiveable JR however that does NOT necessarily make them real or actual - I hope this helps your thinking..... or do you now want to debate with everybody about what Vlad 'might' be doing or thinking ?

Guest JamboRobbo

Many things are feasible or conceiveable JR however that does NOT necessarily make them real or actual - I hope this helps your thinking..... or do you now want to debate with everybody about what Vlad 'might' be doing or thinking ?

Indeed. It's feasible that Roman Romanov could be sending you pms, but that does NOT necessarily make them real or actual. :lol:

Snake Plissken

Perhaps little green men from Mars are holding up the transfer. I'm not saying this is the case, but it could be.

yes isn't it a little disturbing that, in order to push the point that vlad could be interfering, you would then have to be saying that JJ is a liar given what he's had to say.

strange to label JJ as a liar but i suppose the ends justify the means for some people.

Guest JamboRobbo

yes isn't it a little disturbing that, in order to push the point that vlad could be interfering, you would then have to be saying that JJ is a liar given what he's had to say.

strange to label JJ as a liar but i suppose the ends justify the means for some people.

Great stuff.

Guest JamboRobbo

Incidently, JJ said last week that we had nothing to lose by signing Toto.

So are you saying he was lying back then?

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-has-Toto-faith.6464111.jp

I don't think we've got anything to lose by keeping him because I think there's raw potential there. He definitely has something and he's worth persevering with. I'll be recommending that he stays. He just turned 20 in March so he's still very young and there's a still a lot to come from him. We will give him the opportunity. It might be that' date=' if he doesn't look ready for the first-team yet, you still have the option to stick him out on loan to get more game. Then you think about him at Christmas

[/quote']

Reality is neither of us are calling JJ a liar.

I just have an open mind to both possiblities.

Incidently, JJ said last week that we had nothing to lose by signing Toto.

So are you saying he was lying back then?

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-has-Toto-faith.6464111.jp

Reality is neither of us are calling JJ a liar.

I just have an open mind to both possiblities.

ah, a shift sideways to an unrelated point. nothing to lose in terms of his ability and potential.

Guest JamboRobbo

ah, a shift sideways to an unrelated point. nothing to lose in terms of his ability and potential.

Great stuff.

Guest Dipped Flake

JR, every post you do is to provoke an argument, that seems to be your reason for living. Most Hearts fans want to look to the positives about our club, it's called supporting our club.

On this particular case there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Romanov has had any role in delaying this deal. JJ has stated that the club are trying to get it 100% clear that he is a free agent. Why you have to try an get another Romanov bashing going is quite beyond me.

Charlie-Brown

JR, every post you do is to provoke an argument, that seems to be your reason for living. Most Hearts fans want to look to the positives about our club, it's called supporting our club.

On this particular case there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Romanov has had any role in delaying this deal. JJ has stated that the club are trying to get it 100% clear that he is a free agent. Why you have to try an get another Romanov bashing going is quite beyond me.

thinking-cap.gif

Hearts Heritage

I'm sure He is applying 'JamboRobbo's Razor'

'Conspiracy theories are, other things being equal, generally better than more simple ones'

OccamsRazor.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....l_justification

Davy, how's your French? IF Toto was still with Metz he'd be in the 1990's. Obviously, he's no longer signed to the club. There is no record of him playing with Metz 2 last season. My own suspicion is that he left Metz in 2008 (when he graduated from U19s) to move to Italy.

Charlie-Brown

Maybe if we sent some 100 dollar bills to the right people in Yaound? things might happen faster?

Greedy_Jambo

Toto might be lying about his name, age, where he's from.

Hearts might have to shell out ?50,000 - ?60,000 in compensation?

Im no caring, GET HIM SIGNED!!

I'm greedy for goals this season.

Hearts Heritage

Davy, how's your French? IF Toto was still with Metz he'd be in the 1990's. Obviously, he's no longer signed to the club. There is no record of him playing with Metz 2 last season. My own suspicion is that he left Metz in 2008 (when he graduated from U19s) to move to Italy.

My point is that for every player Hearts have had on trial recently I've easily found a record of them on the www with JT nothing other than 3rd hand references.

Johanes de Silentio

According to this morning's Metro, (!) Metz have no claim on him, but they are checking in his home-land - apologies if posted already!

rudi must stay

Toto might be lying about his name, age, where he's from.

Hearts might have to shell out ?50,000 - ?60,000 in compensation?

Im no caring, GET HIM SIGNED!!

I'm greedy for goals this season.

unless were missing the bigger picture - he's after huge wages that we can't afford..

Archived