Toto, Not Much New But Today On The Site...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My point is that for every player Hearts have had on trial recently I've easily found a record of them on the www with JT nothing other than 3rd hand references.

Which is the very point I've been posting about for the past month, since it started with he was from Feyenoord. I've been down the Metz route and hit a dead end. For me, he's been out of (professional) football since May 2009, which might tie-in with him returning to Cameroon.

He's no Ali Dia but a background check will do no harm.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

The club have made it quite clear what the hold up is, they are being prudent and ensuring that they aren't going to be stung through not doing their homework on the guy.

And this has turned into YET ANOTHER bitch-fest how, exactly?

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

GREAT STUFF.

wheatfield to sheffield

returning to Cameroon.

Cameroon bars, get yer Cameroon bars. Those were the days eh?

Toto's name has been banded about for two weeks now. Surely they must have found out exactly what the situation is by now? It can't be that difficult, they should be reminded that there are such things as telephones, internet, fax etc...etc... Sounds to me as if they don't really want to sign this guy, more interested in signing a player that was here before and susequently told he was surplus to requirements and shown the door!

unless were missing the bigger picture - he's after huge wages that we can't afford..

That's only the same as we get fined for our indicipline so should be nothing to Vlad.

I have absolutely no problem with Hearts attempting to do things the right way and to ensure a player is available before signing him. However, as posted the other day, I refuse to believe this paperwork we are waiting on, takes this long to be delivered.

In this day and age, continued delays like this stink of something going on. I'd have far greater comfort if we had just said that, given the numbers of failed strikers we have, it is a "one in, one out" policy and nothing will progress until we get rid of somebody, ie Witteveen. Now that would make sense.

The very fact that it's been so tricky for anyone to find out much about his detail shows that signing is going to be more complicated than usual. But it's entirely possible that JR's hypothesis and the more genrally accepted one are both true.

JJ may fully recognise the risk of getting stung further down the line but privately thinks it's a risk well worth taking while the hands on the purse strings are a bit more cautious and are keeping him waiting.

Such a situation would obviously constitute "Vlad messing about" to those who were minded to interpret it that way while others would see it as a variant on the far more pedestrian "Board fails to grant manager all the resources he's wish for" story that happens up and down the land (except at Manchester City).

Crucially it would mean that both JR and CB were, in some way, correct and we could call it a draw

So let's just adopt it as a working assumption

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just thinking ootside the bitchy JKB box here but has anyone considered that maybe Cameroon is not as easy a place to deal with when it comes to information transfer? Cripes it is hard enough in Europe sometimes but some parts of Africa, believe it or not are not as fluid in the getting things sorted sphere.

Just thinking ootside the bitchy JKB box here but has anyone considered that maybe Cameroon is not as easy a place to deal with when it comes to information transfer? Cripes it is hard enough in Europe sometimes but some parts of Africa, believe it or not are not as fluid in the getting things sorted sphere.

mothy your reasoning there is perfectly sound. maybe notable characters might like to place that possibility alongside the other equal possibilities that he's mulling over. you know the ones about it being just as likely that it's checks being carried out and vlad sticking his oar in.

maybe he wont though.

How dare you come on here and post a sensible point. People need to chill, if it happens it happens if not we move on.

winston churchill

so to sum up.

JJ gets a player from an agent.

after being here a month and playing a few games.

the club/agent/player don't know if he's a free agent.

maybe toto has done a nade and signed a kiddy on contract with another club but does not have a copy of the paper work.

Malinga the Swinga

Dealing with Cameroon is obviously a problem, and I guess Hearts won't be the first or last team to find out African paperwork is not always the speediest. If he's a free agent, then transfer window won't apply anyway, and if he isn't, best we find out now before we sign him. After all, if we sign him, then find out he is registered elsewhere, the SFA and media, never mind fans here, will be the first to complain.

Toto's name has been banded about for two weeks now. Surely they must have found out exactly what the situation is by now? It can't be that difficult, they should be reminded that there are such things as telephones, internet, fax etc...etc... Sounds to me as if they don't really want to sign this guy, more interested in signing a player that was here before and susequently told he was surplus to requirements and shown the door!

It may be the case that we have indeed found something and are trying to sort it.

It may be the case that we have indeed found something and are trying to sort it.

Very possible! Spoil a lot of peoples hopes that there is a conspiracy afoot!

In these sorts of situations how much importance is the club's own homework? And how much is down to the SFA speaking to their international counterparts?

Seymour M Hersh

I love all the speculation about this on here. Everybody's an expert on JKB. Fact is we all don't know shite what is happening or what the club is doing or not doing. But we're all in the know. What a croc of shit.

And don't give me that "it's a discussion board" this is not discussion. Just pish.

BobbyJenkins

I accept its a possibility JR but I see no reason to suggest that is the case.

We signed Kyle, Elliot etc with no Vlad interference. I honestly think its just as JJ has said several times, theres checking to do. Its better to be safe that sorry IMO, its as simple as that.

Im not sure how you can think its Vlad at it. Its also a possibility that someone in Cameroon has lost his papers, lots of possibilities so who knows the exact details.

if it's anything like Angola or Nigeria (based on comments from guys I work with who've been there) that's a very good point

i.e the $20 in your passport gets more attention than your visa

...a bit disco

if it's anything like Angola or Nigeria (based on comments from guys I work with who've been there) that's a very good point

i.e the $20 in your passport gets more attention than your visa

True. Kept my cousin out of clink a few times!

forthriverjambo

Latest on trialist...

i think jj is trying to play the toto thing down, if he`s good then other clubs will be sniffing about,i`m sure clearance will come through soon and hearts can snag him.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_2127882

JJ wants more info on Toto

Jim Jefferies today insisted that he won't be considering whether or not to recommend making a move for trialist Jonathan Toto, until such time as he knows more about the background of the player.

The Cameroon striker has scored eight goals five reserve games against lower league opposition, but now before JJ considers whether he might earn a permanent deal at Tynecastle the manager needs to understand whether or not any compensation would be due for the 20-year-old.

Only if the paperwork is clear would Hearts then consider whether to make a move for Jonathan, with the manager and his coaching staff still deciding on whether he has the ability to step up to first team level.

"There's no point in going on about Jonathan Toto until we find out more about him," Jim said at his pre-match news conference today when pressed on the subject.

"When you bring in a young player like that you see one or two clubs getting caught on the hop [with big fees].

"Until we've got clearance there's no point in discussing it because we might not be able to get him anyway. We'll then decide what we are going to do

"He's here training, played in bounce games and the agents are working hard to get that information. Only then can we decide what we want to do."

Jim stressed that once he knows whether Jonathan would be free to sign for Hearts he'll make a recommendation, but that he's caught the eye playing at the level he's been involved against so far.

"We never knew anything about him until he was put here," he went on.

"He caught our eye and he's played in some lower games. That's why we wanted to look at him for 16 minutes against Blackburn but until we get clearance and we know he is who he say he is - and that sometimes comes into it - [only then will] we push on and see if we can do something.

"Every day in training you see what he's got. We had him in the game the other night and he scored two goals.

"He's scored a lot of goals since he came here. But there's more to it as there's a difference in the games he's playing at that level.

"Training with the first team he gets more of an idea what it's like playing in the sort of games you play at first team level.

"I think he's got something. The more we see him, the more we can make a decision, but there's no point until we get clearance."

I agree, having done some work in Tanzania, a number of aspects of everyday life over here are absent over there. Being used to buying everything on Visa over here in a broadband based economy to needing cash for everything. With receipts being hand written in duplicate instead of simply printed off and sometimes the price being higher if you wanted a receipt.

Archived