Toto, Not Much New But Today On The Site...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Latest on trialist...

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_2127882

JJ wants more info on Toto

Jim Jefferies today insisted that he won't be considering whether or not to recommend making a move for trialist Jonathan Toto, until such time as he knows more about the background of the player.

The Cameroon striker has scored eight goals five reserve games against lower league opposition, but now before JJ considers whether he might earn a permanent deal at Tynecastle the manager needs to understand whether or not any compensation would be due for the 20-year-old.

Only if the paperwork is clear would Hearts then consider whether to make a move for Jonathan, with the manager and his coaching staff still deciding on whether he has the ability to step up to first team level.

"There's no point in going on about Jonathan Toto until we find out more about him," Jim said at his pre-match news conference today when pressed on the subject.

"When you bring in a young player like that you see one or two clubs getting caught on the hop [with big fees].

"Until we've got clearance there's no point in discussing it because we might not be able to get him anyway. We'll then decide what we are going to do

"He's here training, played in bounce games and the agents are working hard to get that information. Only then can we decide what we want to do."

Jim stressed that once he knows whether Jonathan would be free to sign for Hearts he'll make a recommendation, but that he's caught the eye playing at the level he's been involved against so far.

"We never knew anything about him until he was put here," he went on.

"He caught our eye and he's played in some lower games. That's why we wanted to look at him for 16 minutes against Blackburn but until we get clearance and we know he is who he say he is - and that sometimes comes into it - [only then will] we push on and see if we can do something.

"Every day in training you see what he's got. We had him in the game the other night and he scored two goals.

"He's scored a lot of goals since he came here. But there's more to it as there's a difference in the games he's playing at that level.

"Training with the first team he gets more of an idea what it's like playing in the sort of games you play at first team level.

"I think he's got something. The more we see him, the more we can make a decision, but there's no point until we get clearance."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reading between the lines it sounds like JJ really likes him and wants to sign him. He seems to be trying to play it all down though untill this clearance comes through. Don't want to sign George whea's cousin do we?

Say What Again

Very sensible stance.

Indeed.

WTF is going on with his agent/registration etc though?

Sounds very iffy.

"We never knew anything about him until he was put here," he went on.

clearly another Vald signing. pitchforks at the ready!

Might it be an age thing? I know there has been dubiety with the likes of Obafemi Martins and Kingston to name but two.

I am not claiming all African nations have this issue, I don't know if the infrastructure of Cameroon is better than their neighbouring countries but could it be a possibility?

Have you read some of the facebook comments though!? :blink:

"SIGN HIM NOW" etc.... Jeebus cripes!

The average comment on the facebook page is extremely cringe worthy.

Guest Ash Cloud

Good comments bad comments ? what kind i dont have FB !

Might it be an age thing? I know there has been dubiety with the likes of Obafemi Martins and Kingston to name but two.

I am not claiming all African nations have this issue, I don't know if the infrastructure of Cameroon is better than their neighbouring countries but could it be a possibility?

Do you think he's really 49? :whistling:

The Treasurer

Indeed.

WTF is going on with his agent/registration etc though?

Sounds very iffy.

Sounds very professional on Hearts part to me.

Making sure that a player is free to join us before actually saying that he will sign.

It's happened too often in the past to several clubs that a player signs and then someone appears out the woodwork to say they hold the players registration and they want a fee for him.

I know this won't please the Vlad GTF camp but we are going about our business in a very correct and sensible fashion here.

No I think he's in his 70's but abstained from all vices.

Poor man. Still, a spell with us will show his age!! :thumbsup:

It seems he probably does want to sign the guy but the club are not sure he's already contracted to some other team or if we sign him, we may have to pay a transfer fee / compensation as he's under 24. If we know we're going to get him for free, he'll probably sign.

Sounds very professional on Hearts part to me.

Making sure that a player is free to join us before actually saying that he will sign.

It's happened too often in the past to several clubs that a player signs and then someone appears out the woodwork to say they hold the players registration and they want a fee for him.

I know this won't please the Vlad GTF camp but we are going about our business in a very correct and sensible fashion here.

Good to see us not rushing in.Going by Jims comments it looks as though there is more than one agent involved.So as you state we are going about our business the right way this time.

Winston Ingram

"We need to make sure he is who he says he is"

Burst out laughing at this!! :lol:

Wonder who they suspect he MAY be?? A Russian spy, "put" here to investigate Vlad's business dealings outside of the eastern block, maybe?? Perhaps big Igor smelt a rat!!! :lol: :lol:

It seems he probably does want to sign the guy but the club are not sure he's already contracted to some other team or if we sign him, we may have to pay a transfer fee / compensation as he's under 24. If we know we're going to get him for free, he'll probably sign.

The thing is...JJ said toto was "put here"

it kind if insinuates that Vlad brought him over...surley Vlad must know something about the boy and his availabillty....Vlad loves a tusslewith an agent...so what gives?

I heard it's actually Roger Milla, who spent his money from that Coke advert on facial botox injections.

it kind if insinuates that Vlad brought him over...surley Vlad must know something about the boy and his availabillty....Vlad loves a tusslewith an agent...so what gives?

I'm guessing Vlad doesn't know for certain that he's a free agent or he'd have signed by now. Maybe he was told by some agent somewhere that the guy was free but they've been unable to verify this with the appropriate paperwork. The article pretty much says this.

rossthejambo

I'm sure I read on here in the last day or so that one of JJ's agents recommended him rather than Vlad.

It could be rubbish though but IIRC it was from a fairly reliable poster.

I'm sure I read on here in the last day or so that one of JJ's agents recommended him rather than Vlad.

It could be rubbish though but IIRC it was from a fairly reliable poster.

Must be true :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

clearly another Vald signing. pitchforks at the ready!

Watch that rumour grow like Jack's magic beans in some miracle grow... In a months time someone (probably someone who commented something like "SIGN HIM NOW" on the Facebook page) will tell you that rumour that started with you in the first place, but it will have grown more arms and legs than Squidward and will now be the final straw for JJ and the reason for him walking away or being sacked. :ninja:

The average comment on the facebook page is extremely cringe worthy.

More knee jerking than a centipede at a Dolly parton concert. :rolleyes:

Good comments bad comments ? what kind i dont have FB !

I'm gonna have to say bad... but that is only because I do not want my warn status shooting off the end of my monitor and poking my coleague in the eye.

ZOMG IS HE BEING FORCED ON JJ?????

Again, see the rumour comment above... I sheet you not, i fully expect that to become a rumour and for someone to tell me the softly-spoken Chinese version in about a month! :thumbsup:

Peebles?

I am sure I have read this already.

Could be... if you have read that same article that was published an hour ago on the official site I suppose... "... or is it just me... " (BTW for future reference bud, you should just always assume that something is "just you" in future, nine out of ten times it seems to be) :thumbsup:

Mothy out! ;)

rossthejambo

Must be true :whistling:

:ermm: I never said it was, if you read the whole post i did concede it could be bollocks.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Could be... if you have read that same article that was published an hour ago on the official site I suppose... "... or is it just me... " (BTW for future reference bud, you should just always assume that something is "just you" in future, nine out of ten times it seems to be) :thumbsup:

Mothy out! ;)

I am usually talking pretty much a load of pesh anyways so it must just me :thumbsup:

You mean the fact that Laryea Kingston was meant to be 29 and has a son who is 16 etc?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am usually talking pretty much a load of pesh anyways so it must just me :thumbsup:

Good man, been there myself.

Humility... Not a bad trait eh buddy? :thumbsup:

Frankenstein Jambo.

Good man, been there myself.

Humility... Not a bad trait eh buddy? :thumbsup:

Yep - I think ever since that drunken thread I started its been a trait i have had to adopt.

linkin- hearts

Just wish they'd hurry up and sign him before he decides there's no place like home :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yep - I think ever since that drunken thread I started its been a trait i have had to adopt.

I usually find it easier to listen to someone's point of view when they have a bit of it... Stops the old fire-walls slamming shut as soon as you see the person's avatar and pseudo.

If I did not have any humility i would be a pretty angry person because I have had some STINKERS! :whistling:

I think I'm right in saying that he was under contract at Metz before leaving to return to Cameroon after the death of his father. That was about a year ago and so they are maybe wanting to make sure that Metz haven't still got him officially on their books. I'd assume that wouldn't take much more than a phone-call so I'd guess they are also checking to make sure he didn't sign on to play with a club in Africa last year.

As people have mentioned, seemed we are taking the sensible route by making sure this guy is definitely a free agent. But the longer it takes to make these checks the more skeptical I am of the deal being completed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think I'm right in saying that he was under contract at Metz before leaving to return to Cameroon after the death of his father. That was about a year ago and so they are maybe wanting to make sure that Metz haven't still got him officially on their books. I'd assume that wouldn't take much more than a phone-call so I'd guess they are also checking to make sure he didn't sign on to play with a club in Africa last year.

As people have mentioned, seemed we are taking the sensible route by making sure this guy is definitely a free agent. But the longer it takes to make these checks the more skeptical I am of the deal being completed.

That is everything (honestly) I have been thinking, in a nice neat post... That I could not be bothered posting myself.

Thankyou. :thumbsup:

linkin- hearts

That is everything (honestly) I have been thinking, in a nice neat post... That I could not be bothered posting myself.

Thankyou. :thumbsup:

Here's everything that i've been thinking

I just watched the interview with JJ, I heard the "put here" comment, but I think it could be taken out of context. I didn't think his inflections or body language indicated that the player had been forced upon him, to me it was just a bad use of words. He does however seem to have strong doubts about whether he is free to sign for anyone, mebbe because he is registered to someone else. The concern I see him having is that Hearts sign Toto and then some team, possibly in the Cameroons hit Hearts up for a fee. Good proactive management by JJ.

I also got the feeling although he plays it down that he has high hopes for the ability of Toto, but doesn't want it to let it out. Sorry Jim I guess I just let it out.

Another angle to consider is that although he may have left Metz now, he could have hopped off to Cameroon without full clearance whilst still in contract and signed for a Cameroon team. If that is the case there will be complications not to mention a suspension.

:ermm: I never said it was, if you read the whole post i did concede it could be bollocks.

'twas me what said that. 'twas Jeff what said it first in an interview though

Tommy Wiseau

Oh, you know it.

"CAN WE STOP THE *** ABOUT AND JUST GET SOMEONE IN WHO'S A PROVEN GOALSCORER THEN INSTEAD OF TAKING CHANCES AFTER ALL THE CHAIRMENS HARDLY ON THE DOLE EH"

:facepalm:

If you wrote that, and you're reading this, here's a little memo for you from your old pal Thommo; you're a simpleton. :thumbsup:

I usually find it easier to listen to someone's point of view when they have a bit of it... Stops the old fire-walls slamming shut as soon as you see the person's avatar and pseudo.

Inaccurate post. :down:

If I did not have any humility i would be a pretty angry person because I have had some STINKERS! :whistling:

Accurate post. :thumbsup::laugh:

"He's here training, played in bounce games and the agents are working hard to get that information. Only then can we decide what we want to do."

"We never knew anything about him until he was put here,"

Agents!!! There's more than one, then Hearts will be tevezed.

And I thought somebody posted earlier that Toto's agent was one that was well known to, and trusted by JJ. Reads to me as if Romanov was involved.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Alright Thommo, I have clearly offended your good self at some point, let's stop the foreplay and get our tallywhackers oot... I think both those empathetic quotes were an accurate revision of my behaviour but if I have overstepped the mark with you then spill mate and we can do the dirty deed and bore everyone to death by arguing all the finer details about it on here if you like. ;)

Spill hunny, let it aw oot!

(Hoping your irony filter is in full operation here!)

:D

Greedy_Jambo

This annoys me. Why the hell is toto even training with hearts if there's a chance we can't sign him?

Freekin morons.

This annoys me. Why the hell is toto even training with hearts if there's a chance we can't sign him?

Freekin morons.

Because there is also a chance we can sign him.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Greedy,

I would suggest that there is a decent chance that the lad might be a very good player that might be available on a free and so JJ wants toexplore the option before he just thinks 'ooh nah' and let's someone else nick the last ming vase oot the charity shop... Nothing more than me just reading between the lines though right enough.

Greedy_Jambo

Greedy,

I would suggest that there is a decent chance that the lad might be a very good player that might be available on a free and so JJ wants toexplore the option before he just thinks 'ooh nah' and let's someone else nick the last ming vase oot the charity shop... Nothing more than me just reading between the lines though right enough.

I take your point but surely a players papers/details should be produced by the agent when offering the player to a club for trial.

Going from what i've read in the papers and the official site, its almost like toto's agent is having difficulty finding toto's papers!

I hope its just me being impatient and wanting us to sign this guy and not something dodgy going on.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Greedy,

We had a bit of a complicated one with Ruben too. Maybe the reason we have got this laddie on trial is because there is a bit of a grey area about him and he would normaly not be within our reach as a target due to him being on big spending clubs agenda but Vlad has seen a possible loophole and took the chance of chancing his arm for JJ and the team's benefit?

Tommy Wiseau

Alright Thommo, I have clearly offended your good self at some point, let's stop the foreplay and get our tallywhackers oot... I think both those empathetic quotes were an accurate revision of my behaviour but if I have overstepped the mark with you then spill mate and we can do the dirty deed and bore everyone to death by arguing all the finer details about it on here if you like. ;)

Spill hunny, let it aw oot!

(Hoping your irony filter is in full operation here!)

:D

Only my Gaydar is more powerful than my Irony detector, young Mothy... wait. That didn't sound too good, did it? :teehee:

I can confirm no offence or issue on my part, think you may be picking up on something that isn't intended to be there. The first comment was meant to be a little joke in reference to someone close to home's lack of humility on here. The second part was just a little joke - I'm sure with your undoubted humility you can appreciate that... ;)

Howdy Doody Jambo

Not being funny but surely it doesn't take weeks to find this info out?

Hearts don't do anything in a hurry , they still have a week and a half to stretch this saga out a bit longer untill we drop our interest and sign a player from FBK Kaunas

Archived