• its there to be used - blow the lot
    • stop using when 1-3 folk left
    • stop using when 4 -6 folk left
    • under 7 i e 1/2 way point
    • kittys suck go in rounds
    • other suggestion...(please post)

Era Macaroons

what do you do? a minor debate.

Say theres 12 of you on a stag night in Munich, and youve all put 60 euros in the kitty, as the night wears on and folk start to go home, the kitty moves on with the folk that are left....until which point?

Does it become unfair for those remaining to use up the kitty ? or is it law of the jungle ?

Refunding each person as they left is not an option as was too late for that.

what do you do? a minor debate.

Say theres 12 of you on a stag night in Munich, and youve all put 60 euros in the kitty, as the night wears on and folk start to go home, the kitty moves on with the folk that are left....until which point?

Does it become unfair for those remaining to use up the kitty ? or is it law of the jungle ?

Refunding each person as they left is not an option as was too late for that.

Kitty stays with the group until festivities end. Divvy up in the morning. Once almost came to blows with my boss on a Chrimbo night out over such a scenario. The **** actually told me to come in the next day and resign. Aye right.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Depends on the kind of folk you are with I think.

If you go home early on a night out you aren't really deserving of a refund to be honest!

Era Macaroons

wow pretty heavy!!

at least my m8 was only denying me a kebab on 'group' funds:sad:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Kitty stays with the group until festivities end. Divvy up in the morning. Once almost came to blows with my boss on a Chrimbo night out over such a scenario. The **** actually told me to come in the next day and resign. Aye right.

Anytime I've been in a kitty there has never been any left in the morning.The point of a kitty is to save all you having to go do the bar individually and is generally only used at parties and/or stag doos.

We are proper drinkers and will stay out until its finished, then start another one if need be:p

If by miracle I did go home, I would not expect any money back at all.

wow pretty heavy!!

at least my m8 was only denying me a kebab on 'group' funds:sad:

I voted first option, but never realised you meant spending it on an individuals kebab!

Kitty is only for drink

Goose Baxter

If people can not keep up with the pace and decide to go home then that is there fault!!! Just because you are hardcore enough to last the night shouldnt mean you have to did deaper into your own pocket!

Era Macaroons
I voted first option, but never realised you meant spending it on an individuals kebab!

Kitty is only for drink

there was 4 of us left ....all going for a kabab as 5th dude jumping in taxi...with the kitty!!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

At my bro's stag last year, we had a kitty for the saturday out

Half of the party wanted to eat at some point at which junction somebody (who was way too sober/sensible) started a sub kitty for the hardcore drinkers.

Kitty's are a right pain in the rear tbh, there's always somebody taking the **** ie leathering down the ?4 shots of premium voddie while the rest of you drink pints

Gavsy Van Gaverson
there was 4 of us left ....all going for a kabab as 5th dude jumping in taxi...with the kitty!!

He would no longer be a friend of mine.

:ph34r:

Adi Dassler

I would go radge at him in the morning for that.

I think i had about 4 hours sleep over 3 nights when i was in Munich, thus removing any need for the poofery of "going home".

If you're away with the boys you're away with the boys and it should be hardcore. All sensibilities should be left at the airport.

Suspect Device

the kitty stays with the main group untill the last man falls.

if you leave early, the kitty leaves you !

kittys are problematic on crawls as the guy 'holding' needs to be first into the pub at all times, much easier if your staying in the one place.

the only acceptable time to spend a kitty on anything other than drink is after everywhere is closed, then kebabs and or taxis can be procured (not if your on your own - thats really poor show)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I think i had about 4 hours sleep over 3 nights when i was in Munich, thus removing any need for the poofery of "going home".

If you're away with the boys you're away with the boys and it should be hardcore. All sensibilities should be left at the airport.

T'was a great trip.......................I think :)

alwaysthereinspirit

Anyone putting into the kitty knew the risks. Leaving early is one of those risks. The money you entrusted to that pint tumbler in the middle of the table is no longer yours. Sit your a$$ down and have another pint.

Me and the remaining 2 others blew the last of the Xmas night out kitty in the Burke and Hare last year.

I sent all the others a text message saying "ha ha, we've just spent the kitty on tits!".

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Me and the remaining 2 others blew the last of the Xmas night out kitty in the Burke and Hare last year.

I sent all the others a text message saying "ha ha, we've just spent the kitty on tits!".

Ha ha. Good job.

:P

Only a complete knobcake would demand money back from a kitty because they were too soft to last the pace.

Only a complete knobcake would demand money back from a kitty because they were too soft to last the pace.

:rofl:

Is it acceptable to stick a tenner in the kitty when everyone else has fired in a score because you know you're only staying for a couple because you're driving home or some other half assed gay excuse?

Is it acceptable to stick a tenner in the kitty when everyone else has fired in a score because you know you're only staying for a couple because you're driving home or some other half assed gay excuse?

No! The kitty is an equal thing. You all put the same in. If you don't want to match it then you can go to the bar yourself!

i don't think i've ever contributed to a kitty when there HAS been anything left to divvy up

you're rather gay!

Anything left at the end and the last round is there to spend it with option for massive 16" pizza of course :D

You leave early though and you leave with nowt. Only a tw@t would ask for a refund.

spot on das. i'd be mortified if i saw anyone asking for a "refund" on their kitty money.

Acceptable.

i don't think i've ever contributed to a kitty when there HAS been anything left to divvy up

you're rather gay!

Same here.

I think kittys are a stoopid idea but i've always been one of the hardcore that keep on going until all of the money is gone.

Best approach is to buy rounds with a mate who drinks a similar amount at a similar rate and just get leathered.

Only a total tight fisted git would ask for money back out of a kitty.

On a slightly similar point when you go for a meal in a big group do u divy the bill up equally or do u do the i never had a pudin so il count what i had and theres my money crap.

On a slightly similar point when you go for a meal in a big group do u divy the bill up equally or do u do the i never had a pudin so il count what i had and theres my money crap.

I'd just chop it equally, who gives really? Just make sure you had the steak ;)

Boaby Ewing

You should never ask for money back from a kitty, especially if you've bailed early (even if 'early' in Munich might be stupid o'clock).

Kitty money should never be used for food - unless EVERYONE is done drinking, and everyone left standing agrees to it.

Food bills on stag dos etc. should be split equally - but at the same time, don't be a knob and order steak when everyone else is having a pizza if you're just grabbing a quick stomach liner. I now have an aquaintance referred to all and sundry as 'Steak C U Next Tuesday' for such a faux pas about a year ago.

Don't start ordering gay boy shorts etc. when everyone else is supping pints from the kitty. A round of shots is acceptable, if bought for everyone still drinking. As are stupid drinks for the stag. But having a 10 euro cocktail whilst everyone else is on the four euro beer marks you out as a gay and an erse.

Pretty simple really.

Legend Claws

Ask for a refund and you should be socially banished.

I had a mate who would on occasion ask for the money if he didn't want a drink when it was your round.

Ex -mate now.

Best approach is to buy rounds with a mate who drinks a similar amount at a similar rate and just get leathered.

Exactly, kitties are s***. Better off splitting 12 people into 3 or 4 rounds. Kitties are ok early on, but then just become a hassle, unless you are constantly in a large group together, or the guy holding the kitty is permanently tied to the bar.

You always end up having to buy rounds anyway.

conn artist

bit of both, when i go out with work for lunch there is always this one guy who gets starter, main, pudding, drink and coffee, there is not a hope in hell i am equally splitting the bill with him ( he is and idiot rangers supporter to boot) as i have only had a sandwhich or whatever. with my actual mates then no problem it is usuallly split equally cos you dont want to take the pi$h out you mates.

as for the kitty scenario, dont be soft and go home early then you want need to ask in the first place.

If your mates really worried about it..

Put ?20 in at a time and when its empty add more.. That gives the shandy drinkers the option to pull out or go home when the next kitty starts!

Always works for us when we're out!

alwaysthereinspirit
Ask for a refund and you should be socially banished.

I had a mate who would on occasion ask for the money if he didn't want a drink when it was your round.

Ex -mate now.

You have to be pretty low to ask for the money in lieu of the drink.

Era Macaroons

Thanks for the insights into kitty 'law'

I promise not to naff off in a taxi with it ever again!

:runaway:

Totally accecptable imo.

Nope. You want to join the kitty join it, otherwise opt out and buy your own. What id person A drink's half pints, should they pay half, someone drinks cocktails at twice the price of yours do they pay double.

You should never ask for money back from a kitty, especially if you've bailed early (even if 'early' in Munich might be stupid o'clock).

Kitty money should never be used for food - unless EVERYONE is done drinking, and everyone left standing agrees to it.

Food bills on stag dos etc. should be split equally - but at the same time, don't be a knob and order steak when everyone else is having a pizza if you're just grabbing a quick stomach liner. I now have an aquaintance referred to all and sundry as 'Steak C U Next Tuesday' for such a faux pas about a year ago.

Don't start ordering gay boy shorts etc. when everyone else is supping pints from the kitty. A round of shots is acceptable, if bought for everyone still drinking. As are stupid drinks for the stag. But having a 10 euro cocktail whilst everyone else is on the four euro beer marks you out as a gay and an erse.

Pretty simple really.

What about spending it on chebs ?

Boaby Ewing
What about spending it on chebs ?

Same as the rules for food. Fine if agreed by those left standing after the boozing's over/carrying on but to be accompanied by tatas.

It's just sustenance of a different kind.

Only difference is everyone should be ordering filet mignon, rather than a nasty kebab.

This must be one of only a handful of threads throughout Kickback history that the kitty hoarder has NOT contributed to.

:4_1_72:

Era Macaroons
This must be one of only a handful of threads throughout Kickback history that the kitty hoarder has NOT contributed to.

:4_1_72:

LOL, oh im sure theres steam coming out o yon PC:bravo:

just wait till we get back to a boozer, :torture:

Boaby Ewing

Ha, if it is who I think it is, I'm shocked he wasn't up for redistributing the wealth.

I guess changing his username to Bourgeoise won't be too much of a jump ;-)

Era Macaroons
He would no longer be a friend of mine.

:ph34r:

He more than likley currently is!!!

:508:

Era Macaroons

As unsure of board etticate and whether im supposed to respond to most posts......i may as well do so !!

we let him off, just got minor ribbing at the time:peace:

Era Macaroons
the kitty stays with the main group untill the last man falls.

if you leave early, the kitty leaves you !

kittys are problematic on crawls as the guy 'holding' needs to be first into the pub at all times, much easier if your staying in the one place.

the only acceptable time to spend a kitty on anything other than drink is after everywhere is closed, then kebabs and or taxis can be procured (not if your on your own - thats really poor show)

pretty much how i see it:)

Era Macaroons
You've lost me.

Well done.

:)

dont worry im sure he wont b able to resist much longer , the spiked fringe will be at full attention:fing25:

Archived