Golf Game

jamborich

"Just got my arse whipped by Ayeball 5 and 4, don't want him in the next round." :whistling:

"graygo WILL PLAY ArmiyaRomanova/ayeball"

Cheers for that!! :down:

ArmiyaRomanova

"Just got my arse whipped by Ayeball 5 and 4, don't want him in the next round." :whistling:

"graygo WILL PLAY ArmiyaRomanova/ayeball"

Cheers for that!! :down:

Kismet, I guess. :unsure:

portobellojambo1

mmmm.... lass gets home about that time for tea (which i'm cooking) ... what about 8.30 ish?

No problem.

A tighter game than the score suggests,

Bigsmak leads Portobello Jambo 3 up at the turn...

Only one putt of over 4 ft has been holed between the pair all night.

Edited by Bigsmak

Bigsmak wins..

7 & 5

I think Portobello bought new clubs today, which he didn't have much time to practice with...

Good game...

portobellojambo1

Bigsmak wins..

7 & 5

I think Portobello bought new clubs today, which he didn't have much time to practice with...

Good game...

Love to be able to use that as an excuse, truth is I was chronic. I'll now watch the end of the Scotalnd v Iceland match and then fire round myself before heading to bed.

I'm off on holiday for a fortnight from Friday so was planning to splash out then, and spend the two weeks engrossed in the WGT website, but having been off work tonight, and having seen the benefits Chris got from a more powerful driver. Do remarkably well in practice rounds (on slow/standard greens) but just cannot get the hang of either very fast greens or tournament greens.

Horsed,4 and 3.

That was an education i don't mind telling you.First matchplay game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Best of luck for the rest of the tourny,mate.

Edited by Boab

Horsed,4 and 3.

That was an education i don't mind telling you.First matchplay game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Best of luck for the rest of the tourny,mate.

ok Boab cheers again for the game

Mark_Mywords (sosweb) wins 4&2 after a great match with great banter.

Very even the first nine, but after the Scotland game ended, Mark started concentrating lol

Very enjoyable though and best of luck to the worthy winner for the rest of the tourney thumbsup.gif

Thanks for a great game Dunks. Yes, very close 1st nine holes with both of us missing so many 10-15 foot putts!

The final score didn't reflect the play... It should have been closer.

Good luck in future tournaments Dunks.

Mark.

ArmiyaRomanova

QUARTERFINAL ROUNDS......

With all initial rounds now played (and almost all of the favourites in their ties progressing), the quarterfinals now look like this...

graygo WILL PLAY ArmiyaRomanova/ayeball

AndyMcI WILL PLAY robbo214/BBSHARK1874

Mark-Mywords/sosweb WILL PLAY johnmitchell/Persil32

portobellojambo1 HAS ALREADY PLAYED Bigsmak, with the latter becoming the first player to reach the semifinals.

These four matches to be played before the deadline of FRIDAY 15TH OCTOBER at 10pm

The semi-final draw will take place after 10pm on Friday (so Bigsmak, you'll just have to wait this time :thumbsup::rolleyes: )

The plan is for the two semi-finals to be played before a deadline on Monday night, with the final and 3/4th place playoff on either Tuesday or Wednesday night of next week. Hopefully, the two players involved might be interested in posting hole-by-hole updates on the progress of their final (if anyone'd be interested in that?).

Should all four quarterfinal ties be completed before Friday night, we might be able to speed things up by a day or two....

For the moment though, would all remaining competitors please get in touch with each other to arrange a mutually convenient time for your tie.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

The Old Tolbooth

I'll be free to play tomorrow afternoon Mark if your game for it, if not I'm looking at Wednesday I think mate :thumbsup:

Dunks, I was looking for a Gala derby too :D

ArmiyaRomanova

QUARTERFINALS

The 'favourite' for each tie as follows, based on current WGT averages

graygo (73.90 MASTER)

WILL PLAY

ArmiyaRomanova/ayeball (69.80 MASTER) - FAVOURITE

AndyMcI (68.61 MASTER) - FAVOURITE

WILL PLAY

robbo214/BBSHARK1874 (71.25 MASTER)

Mark-Mywords/sosweb (70.46 MASTER) - FAVOURITE

WILL PLAY

johnmitchell/Persil32 (71.41 TOURPRO)

portobellojambo1 (77.03 TOURPRO)

HAS ALREADY PLAYED

Bigsmak (66.62 MASTER) - FAVOURITE, PROGRESSED TO NEXT ROUND

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

I don't understand the scoring, what's this 5 & 4, 4 & 2 all about?

5 and 4 means that you are 5 up with 4 holes to play. The match ends as there is no way you can lose.

4 and 2 is 4 up with 2 to play... the most you can win is 10 & 8...

The Old Tolbooth

Work a bit Slow John?

Got it done this morning mate, it's just me that's a bit slow on the course :wacko:

4 down with 6 to play is bad :(

The Old Tolbooth

Mark wins 5&3 after a very good display from him, very well played mate you thoroughly deserved the win and next time I'll bring my putter :lol:

Edited by johnmitchell

Mark wins 5&3 after a very good display from him, very well played mate you thoroughly deserved the win and next time I'll bring my putter :lol:

Would have been a very close game if you putted better. You played some brilliant approach shots, which is great to watch.

Enjoyed the game and the chat.

Cheers for now. :thumbsup:

Mark.

The Old Tolbooth

Would have been a very close game if you putted better. You played some brilliant approach shots, which is great to watch.

Enjoyed the game and the chat.

Cheers for now. :thumbsup:

Mark.

No worries mate, but I'll put it into perspective how well you played, I hit 4 birdies in 15 holes and didn't win a single hole, that's superb play mate :thumbsup:

john took me up on it

We could play a 3 ball when we have finished though

As tempting as a threesome with you and John sounds I don't think I'll have time mate. :unsure::lol:

The Old Tolbooth

As tempting as a threesome with you and John sounds I don't think I'll have time mate. :unsure::lol:

Ooeeerrr missus :lol:

I was given a harsh lesson by Bigsmak who beat me 4&3, and I actually played well!!

I know what to do now though after some very handy tips, so now I just need to practice a bit more and hopefully I'll be ok, cheers Bigsmak! :thumbsup:

ArmiyaRomanova

QUARTERFINALS

Two down, and two to play, with the favourites in the played ties both reaching the semi-finals.

graygo (73.90 MASTER)

WILL PLAY

ArmiyaRomanova/ayeball (69.80 MASTER) - FAVOURITE

AndyMcI (68.61 MASTER) - FAVOURITE

WILL PLAY

robbo214/BBSHARK1874 (71.25 MASTER)

Mark-Mywords/sosweb (70.46 MASTER) - PROGRESSED TO SEMIFINAL

Bigsmak (66.62 MASTER) - PROGRESSED TO SEMIFINAL

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

o.. just played Graygo... didn't realise i'd set it up as 9 holes!

will try and get to play the second half

Aye right!!! You won the 9th to go one up and terminated the game incase I reeled you back in. :ninja::woot:

Here's a challenge for y'all.

Forget the new clubs, balls, clothes etc and play as a guest rather than your usual login name.

Did you remember it ever being as tricky as that?