Tragic Story

Tom Heaney

Sheiky Baby

"a secondary school teacher who plays for Hearts supporters team Real Maroon, had thrown himself in front of the vehicle to protect his wife"

LAD :thumbsup:

Hope everyone ends up ok. Sad story

Dont see this posted elsewhere and thought that he may be known to some on here who know of Real Maroon. Sad story,

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/City-couple39s-honeymoon-horror.6421094.jp

You could'nt meet a nicer guy i know him through work as i work in education as well, he also taught my son at Dalkeith high, hope he and his wife make a full and speedy recovery

looks like he is making progress (according to the thread on jambos dot net).

can only wish a speedy recovery to him and his missus.

Dont know the guy but i really hope he gets well soon

Jambo Net have posted a bank Account No for anyone who may want to help with a donation.

Payee - Darren Higgins

Sort Code 87 70 66

Acc No 83561168

You will have to make your own decision if you think the info supplied is ligit or not by reading the attachment to the Jambo Net forum.

Don't know the guy but throwing himself infront of his newly wed is a very brave act and wish he and his wife a full and speedy recovery.

I knew John & his parents a number of years ago.

Hope he makes full recovery. He's such a nice guy.

Dont know the guy but i really hope he gets well soon

Jambo Net have posted a bank Account No for anyone who may want to help with a donation.

Payee - Darren Higgins

Sort Code 87 70 66

Acc No 83561168

You will have to make your own decision if you think the info supplied is ligit or not by reading the attachment to the Jambo Net forum.

I know John and the account is genuine. PLEASE give what you can to help a great guy! He had the chance to play professionally, but was injured, he continued to play, against advice, for the internet team REAL MAROON!

Walter Bishop

What a tragic yet inspiring story, the man is a hero. Hopefully he pulls through and is able to receive the recognition his heroism deserves.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Crossing the road anywhere in Italy is extremely dangerous.

They were not crossing the road! The car mounted the pavement!

linkin- hearts

I hope this brave man and his wife make a full and speedy recovery

Snake Plissken

He's as nice a guy as you could hope to meet and as good a footballer you'll see outwith professional leagues.

Hope he makes a full recovery and is back bossing the midfield for Real before long.

Latest news( copied from Jnet)

John is responding to voices and commands. He is still heavily sedated but the tube is removed from his head and he is now off the breathing machine.

Thinking of you both, John and Nicola

I have had a call from a press guy who wishes to put together an article about John Tamms accident & the efforts of his his friends to raise money for John & the family. He does articles for the national press apparently.

I only got the call because the guy was in the Diggers looking for info & one of the punters passed on my number to him.

He is interested in contacting the guy(s) on the team who are raising the money.

Can someone PM me & I can pass the press guys number & details on to whoever is involved.

Thanks.

C

I have had a call from a press guy who wishes to put together an article about John Tamms accident & the efforts of his his friends to raise money for John & the family. He does articles for the national press apparently.

I only got the call because the guy was in the Diggers looking for info & one of the punters passed on my number to him.

He is interested in contacting the guy(s) on the team who are raising the money.

Can someone PM me & I can pass the press guys number & details on to whoever is involved.

Thanks.

C

I have PM'd you cheers.

Snake Plissken

Craig, I'm on the team but not involved with the money raising side of things. I'll put a link to this thread on jambos.net so someone on there can get in touch.

TW

thehibsareintheirbeds

Went to school with john and as has been said he's a really good guy. Best wishes to john and family, here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery- thanks for the updates jj52

Probably worth giving Borthers or Rob1874 a shout Craigieboy.

Hi Red I am sending anything I get to Chong on Jnet,He's Johns best friend! Already had reporters interested but will send any info on to him

Don't know him, but he is undoubtedly a real hero for his selfless act.

I hope for a full & swift recovery for the couple.

Malcolm Tucker

It's a cliche, yes, but you really couldn't meet a nicer guy than John. A great guy, and a brilliant footballer.

I'm sure he'll appreciate all these messages when he comes to read them.

Gigolo-Aunt

Top top guy - really good bloke.

Wonderfully talented footballer as well.

Best wishes to himself and his missus in a full speedy recovery.

I play for Real Maroon and you couldn't meet a nicer guy than JT. He's a fantastic footballer, an inspiration to play alongside.

We're working hard on fund raising activties and will hopefully be able to announce something very soon.

Updates we've got oday are that he's making very encouraging progress.

How very sad. His bravery deserves to be rewarded with a full recovery. His relatives and wife should be very proud of him.

WOW ,what a hero , don't know the man personally but seems to be held in very

high regard .

get well soon bud .

Another team-mate of Johns. Thanks for all the great messages here. Some of you might know him through playing against him on Sundays ( He plays with Duddingston Athletic, Centrre mind usually number 10). Great player and great bloke. Latest we have is that he is expected out of Intensive care within the next 2-3 weeks and expected to make a full recovery. Legend !

Just want to say a quick but very heart felt THANK YOU to everyone for your kind words, positive thoughts and generosity in a time of need for an absolutely magnificent gentleman.

I know he'll be proud, humbled and embarrassed by the level of gratitude shown towards him.

John has a long and arduous fight ahead of him and the continued support will mean the world to him, thanks again.

Drunkn_Munky_Nat

Went to school with John. he's such a lovely guy, probably one of the nicest most genuine guys that you could ever meet, such as shame whats happened to him and his new wife. Hope you both make a good and fast recovery, all the best x

Felix Lighter

I don't know John or his wife.But I'd like to wish both all the best and it's great to hear they're expected to make a full recovery, which will be a great relief to all their family and friends.A really selfless act to do what he did,he sounds like a real trooper.

I currently have an item for sale in the 'for sale' forum and would like to donate the proceeds.It's not much but I'm sure every little helps.

Latest News from Jnet!

The doctors expect John to be out of intensive care within the next 2-3 weeks and onto a regular ward from then on. A full recovery is expected !!! Nicola has sat at his bedside telling him all about the great wishes from everyone.

Latest News from Jnet!

The doctors expect John to be out of intensive care within the next 2-3 weeks and onto a regular ward from then on. A full recovery is expected !!! Nicola has sat at his bedside telling him all about the great wishes from everyone.

Fantastic news mate. :thumbsup:

flogelisgod

As with what everyone has posted, really really good guy who was also really really good at football.

I hope he comes back 100% and that ill be marking him out of games on Sundays again!

Get better JT!

Never met the guy, but I sincerely hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

I wish the guy a speedy recovery. What a hero saving his new wife like that.

It's a shame the Hearts squad were not a little closer in Italy. I'm sure at least a couple of the players or staff would have been given time out to go visit him.

Hannibal Lecter

Don't know the guy myself but just want to pass on my best wishes and wish him all the best in a speedy recovery.

Latest from Jnet!

More remarkable news. Progress has been fantastic today, Tony got to spend an hour with John today just chatting and his memory is slowly coming back. He got to feed him and the doctors say he may be able to come home to a hospital next week.

Archived