Howard Webb

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

What a performance from England's own, he hasn't put a foot wrong all night after some tremendous performances in the earlier rounds. He can blow his whistle, he can award free kicks, he can lecture players, he can award goals, is there nothing this referee can't do?

Surely nothing can stop our Rotherham policeman from reffing the final now.

ps Darren Cant must surely be the most skilled linesman/asst referee of all time too

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's testament to the referee training systems in England. Other countries must drool at the ability we've got. He's just world class.

Some people might say Collina was the best referee they've ever seen, but did he ever referee an EPL game? Nuff said.

The Real Maroonblood

What a performance from England's own, he hasn't put a foot wrong all night after some tremendous performances in the earlier rounds. He can blow his whistle, he can award free kicks, he can lecture players, he can award goals, is there nothing this referee can't do?

Surely nothing can stop our Rotherham policeman from reffing the final now.

ps Darren Cant must surely be the most skilled linesman/asst referee of all time too

At least England would be in the final.

apparently the english lino was "absolutely spot on" with his 50-50 decision to flag for offside or not.

not just right... or correct. he was absolutely spot on.

english lino's get these 50-50 calls more right than someone else would be able to then.

Guest Red Mist

It's testament to the referee training systems in England. Other countries must drool at the ability we've got. He's just world class.

Some people might say Collina was the best referee they've ever seen, but did he ever referee an EPL game? Nuff said.

It might even be apt to describe Webb and Cann as the avant garde of the Golden Generation of English officials.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

The decision by the linesman is actually better than the football, that goal would never have been scored but for the magnificent correct decision given by the Cant.

Sports personality of the year ???

It might even be apt to describe Webb and Cant as the avant garde of the Golden Generation of English officials.

Spot on.

These officals have worked together, they've built up an almost telepathic link. Cant will signal for offside when he thinks it is, and I don't have the stats, but the percentages must be impressive. He's really made the linesman role his own.

Guest Red Mist

howard-webb-415x275.jpg

"Cut it out, lads."

Webb, having stern words with extremists on both sides of the Gaza strip, and thus solving the entire conflict and bringing peace to a war-torn region.

Webb. :notworthy:

The Real Maroonblood

Spot on.

These officals have worked together, they've built up an almost telepathic link. Cant will signal for offside when he thinks it is, and I don't have the stats, but the percentages must be impressive. He's really made the linesman role his own.

:lol:

Tommy Wiseau

2 World Wars, 1 World Cup and maybe...just maybe...a World Cup Final refereeing team.

Stick that in your Bratwurst Hans.

GSTQ.

Nucky Thompson

Joking aside the English do have great officials, us on the other hand have one of the worst bunch of clowns in World football :rolleyes:

2 World Wars, 1 World Cup and maybe...just maybe...a World Cup Final refereeing team.

Stick that in your Bratwurst Hans.

GSTQ.

Right that's it, they are just too good. I'm not shaving my beard until Howard Webb comes home!

howard-webb-415x275.jpg

"Cut it out, lads."

Webb, having stern words with extremists on both sides of the Gaza strip, and thus solving the entire conflict and bringing peace to a war-torn region.

Webb. notworthy.gif

laugh.gif

Footballfirst

Best reffing performance since Jack Taylor awarded a pen in the 1st minute of the 1974 final.

Webb-001.jpg

The Hopes of a Nation Rest Upon You, Fight On Sweet Prince.

jamboinglasgow

It might even be apt to describe Webb and Cann as the avant garde of the Golden Generation of English officials.

Graham Poll is the Paul Gascoigne of English refs, he had such ability but a promising career ended up in madness.

And a few days ago, Tyldsley said "Howard Webb is the best ref at this world cup, just a shame he wont be the referee at the final. Because England will be in the final."

The People's Chimp

The way in which Webb moved to the left to allow the run through the middle for the third goal was simply sublime. No Germans have played such a vital role in a Brazilian goal this world cup.

Says it all.

Randle P McMurphy

Quiet second half but still head + shoulders above any other ref/lino combo. Noticed robinho asking him to swap shirts at the end earlier. You wish robinho.

Outstanding Offside call.

Followed up by a yellow, this is free-flowing refereeing.

There was a load of whinging yesterday about having a South American reffing two European teams - but having `howard in charge of two South American teams is 'absolutely' a great choice!

Randle P McMurphy

Mike mullarkey has really stepped up to the plate this half with some tremendous flagwork

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I can't see how Webb and the Webbettes can be ignored from the final after this unbelievable performance.

Randle P McMurphy

Feckin swedish official not fit to share the same technical area as our boys. Surely we could have had mike riley as 4th official?

i'll be gutted if i don't see a howard webb waxwork the next time i visit madame tussauds.

if anyone deserves to be immortalised in wax it's superwebbo.

Outstanding.

It's almost like he knew there might be trouble, and he delt with it before something bad happened.

Randle P McMurphy

Robinho mom what game are these voters watching? Webbo just edged it from dazza for me with m+m a close 3rd.

Guest Red Mist

LP, those pictures are great. :laugh:

Howard_Webb.jpg

"Your time is up, cancer!"

Webb, upon discovering the cure for cancer.

Guest Red Mist

HowardWebbITV_946083.jpg

"The possibilities are endless!"

Howard Webb, taking time out from refereeing the World Cup Final and generally being amazing, wows the crowd with a quantum microchip that he built during the half-time interval.

The People's Chimp

HowardWebbITV_946083.jpg

English Hero Howard Webb shows off his adhesive "Hitler 'tache" and Seig Heil action while taunting the German World Cup squad. England expects.

GSTQ.

article-1025861-01803D3E00000578-162_468x747.jpg

English World Cup sensation Howard Webb applies the finishing touches to the planet Bliss-teria. A hand crafted utopia where mankind will move to live in everlasting peace and harmony.

Randle P McMurphy

webbo teaching rodallega the finer points of tango whilst vidic waits for his turn

Howard-Webb-holds-back-Wi-001.jpg

Carl Spackler

Apparently Nelson Mandela has just been in touch with Howard Webb's people desperate to meet the great man in person.

Craig Herbertson

EMP-6042001.jpg

Webb demonstrates 'controversial decision' dance, fueling views that a professional choreographer was hired in anticipation of the final.

Tommy Wiseau

I hope you all had Webb in your dream teams, chaps - massive points the night. :thumbsup:

howard_webb_1239068c.jpg

Webb looks to God and tells him, "Don't come your diving antics with me boyo - I ref in the Premiership, wee baws."

article-0-055A4156000005DC-792_468x316.jpg

Howard Webb incenses the Brazilian team by punching each of them on their BCG.

I'd happilly cup his balls on the centre spot at Tynecastle during half time of the first home derby next season :wub:

Commander Harris

article-0-055A4156000005DC-792_468x316.jpg

Howard Webb incenses the Brazilian team by punching each of them on their BCG.

:lol:

Tommy Wiseau

Breaking news just in: Webb receives an unprecedented 5 Golden Boots and a Greatest Ref Of All Time award after his astonishingly good performance tonight.

fair+play+awards+09+034.jpg

What a man.

Archived