Ukio Bankas/NotW article (merged threads)

jamborich

Another evil plot uncovered and halted by SirGay and his crack team of Hobo crime-fighters!!

And UKIO would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those pesky Hobos!!

scooby-doo-tv-01.jpg

:lol:

:lol:

maybe vlad lurks in an abandoned tin mine under the ukio headquarters and occasionally puts on his dastardly yeti disguise to scare the people at the local amusement park in a twisted and evil attempt to drive it out of business so that he can buy up the land at a discount price so he can open his new submarine / basketball / ballroom dancing emporium.

have i left anything out of the plot lines of any scooby doo episode?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tiberius Stinkfinger

Here is Gaylord last season counting heads for his report to HMRC.

football_reporter_grass.jpg

jamboinglasgow

Sorry don't get the reference.

you just did what is commonly called on kickback a peebles. This is where posts something which has been posted before, usually a bit after the original posting. It all stems from one poster from Peebles who posted something about Burley a month after it had already been covered on kickback.

Konrad von Carstein

you just did what is commonly called on kickback a peebles. This is where posts something which has been posted before, usually a bit after the original posting. It all stems from one poster from Peebles who posted something about Burley a month after it had already been covered on kickback.

If I may be so bold.....I think SirGay already knows this JiG...(KvC reverts to low count poster is hobo stereotype) :ninja:

jamboinglasgow

If I may be so bold.....I think SirGay already knows this JiG...(KvC reverts to low count poster is hobo stereotype) :ninja:

I know but its still good to tell him again, everyone needs to learn kickback etiquette including undercover hobos.

Konrad von Carstein

I know but its still good to tell him again, everyone needs to learn kickback etiquette including undercover hobos.

There's a kickback etiquette!! :geek:

I thought it was a case of "The biggest erse wins the argument" :mellow:

jamboinglasgow

There's a kickback etiquette!! :geek:

I thought it was a case of "The biggest erse wins the argument" :mellow:

Well its etiquette in the way that it is polite to other members not to fill up the board with pointless threads that have already been covered. But it is also a case of the person being an erse.

You're so much more humane than I am JiG. I prefer to watch them squirming like worms on a toothpick. If they're not willing to put the work in, well...

jamboinglasgow

You're so much more humane than I am JiG. I prefer to watch them squirming like worms on a toothpick. If they're not willing to put the work in, well...

who said anything about humane, I act nice to lure them in then get the master hobo catchers to deal with them in the least humane way possible.

ChemicalJambo

RBS pays US $500m money laundering fine

Dodgy RBS

Seems pretty common for banks and all depends on if they are in breach of regulations, so if Ukio say they aren't can't see it being a problem

my pal at school mentioned this today,and straight away i thought it was rubbish :rainbow:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Has UKIO's underground secret headquarters -underneath Arthur's Seat- been raided yet? I was sure I saw lots of guys wearing hard hats and boiler suits running around The parliament grounds with machine guns yesterday...

Bond.jpg

And can Vlad's recent haircut and choice of pet really just be put down to coincidence? :o

colinmaroon

RBS pays US $500m money laundering fine

Dodgy RBS

Seems pretty common for banks and all depends on if they are in breach of regulations, so if Ukio say they aren't can't see it being a problem

Last part of that article:

"Last month, the US Securities and Exchange Commission filed civil fraud charges against Goldman Sachs over a security it had arranged and sold with credit insurance from ABN ? which left RBS on the hook for $841m in losses.

Lloyds Banking Group was fined $350m last year by the US authorities on similar charges that it faked records so that clients from sanctioned countries could do business within America.

Credit Suisse paid $538m in fines last December."

It would seem that Ukio Bankas are not alone if, allegedly, they are guilty.

Personally, if someone told me a bank was totally "clean" - that I would find hard to believe.

PS This, of course, can't effect Hibs, because to be accused of laundering money you have to have money to start with!!!

Can someone give me a better insight into how these things work:

Now not that I think it will but hypothetically if Ukio did go into administration in a way would that not be a good thing if (again hypothetically) there was another would be buyer for hearts, lets say a fan group.

Surely then they would just be buying Hearts as the equity deal means Ukio would go down along with the debt. They'd surely accept a greatly reduced offer for the club than face getting nothing.

OK, on you go feel free to shoot holes in my theory as I'm probably way wide of the mark.

Francis Albert

Can someone give me a better insight into how these things work:

Now not that I think it will but hypothetically if Ukio did go into administration in a way would that not be a good thing if (again hypothetically) there was another would be buyer for hearts, lets say a fan group.

Surely then they would just be buying Hearts as the equity deal means Ukio would go down along with the debt. They'd surely accept a greatly reduced offer for the club than face getting nothing.

OK, on you go feel free to shoot holes in my theory as I'm probably way wide of the mark.

Youi'd have to know much more about the structure of Vlad's empire and Hearts place in it that anyone on here does to answer that question with any certainty. If it is a question of UKIO Bankas going into administration, since as I understand it Hearts no longer have any debts to that entity, the effect on Hearts would amount to loss of shirt sponsorship money. If UBIG and/or the parts of Vlad's investment group that own Hearts equity go bust, then depending on how things are structured I guess the creditors could force the group to sell assets to recover what they were owed. Since there is no evidence that there is anyone remotely interested in buying out Hearts as a football club at their "break up" asset value including the value of the Tynecastle land then I don't think any easy solution where a fans group buys up Hearts on the cheap is going to happen.

The good news is that there is no ecvidence that UBIG is at risk of going under (any more than UKIO Bankas) despite all the desperate wishing in some quarters for the last 5 years.

Archived