Ukio Bankas/NotW article (merged threads)

jamborich

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It comes as no surprise to me whatsoever that even Google is refusing to work for me, I'm having that sort of week. sad.gif

Can some kind soul please post the translated version?

Pish poor google translation coming up

On two accounts at ING Belgium is a record amount of EUR 1.7 billion dirty money laundered. That is more than three times each year in Belgium by antiwitwascel intercepted. The Brussels court earlier this year has been conducting a criminal investigation into the money laundering case. The accounts were accused by the bank in antiwitwascel reported, but it was all dirty money abroad versluisd. In case the name of the Lithuanian bank Bankas Ukio said. The antiwitwascel now discovered that about 460 business customers of the Lithuanian bank, from a number of tax havens, thanks to accounts at ING Belgium proceeds of all kinds of frauds, scams and money laundering could eclipses. In total, the antiwitwascel the past year 17,170 reports of suspicious money transactions received. 1020 records were finally passed on to the floor.

If someone can find a way to translate that it would be much appreciated thumbsup.gif

The Old Tolbooth

I may be guessing here, but that doesn't sound too clever for us :unsure:

I cant wait to see Sirgays interpretation of this :teehee:

There will be a lot of wee stiffies popping over on ivegotwebbedfeet.net.

I'm not going to worry about it tho, i'll leave the Hobos to worry about it, after all they love our finances more than they love themselves.

ToadKiller Dog

Clearly something going on ,did not the Lithuanian government try to freeze the assets in the accounts of some Ukios Bankas customers a few years ago as they thought the money was suspect and the bank said it was working fully in co operation with the Authorities ?

Sure the walls street wizards in Hoboland made a big deal of that also . What is clear there is as yet not enough evidence in the open for a sane person to make a fair judgement as yet .

On a side is not all Hearts debt now held by the UBIG group rather than the bank as stated at the AGM ? .

Clearly something going on ,did not the Lithuanian government try to freeze the assets in the accounts of some Ukios Bankas customers a few years ago as they thought the money was suspect and the bank said it was working fully in co operation with the Authorities ?

Sure the walls street wizards in Hoboland made a big deal of that also . What is clear there is as yet not enough evidence in the open for a sane person to make a fair judgement as yet .

On a side is not all Hearts debt now held by the UBIG group rather than the bank as stated at the AGM ? .

Yes, I think you're correct

I have no odea what the article or the translation above means. However, the article is dated May 28, 2010.

If it was something significant for us do you not think we'd have heard about it other than from a posting on some Hibs trash site (do a search for Ukio & most things that appear seem to originate from Hibs forums!) & copied on to here?

I have no odea what the article or the translation above means. However, the article is dated May 28, 2010.

If it was something significant for us do you not think we'd have heard about it other than from a posting on some Hibs trash site (do a search for Ukio & most things that appear seem to originate from Hibs forums!) & copied on to here?

I didn't even notice the date on it tbh

very good point

The Treasurer

Therefore this would have no effect on HMFC whatsoever.

If a company banks with a certain bank and that bank is found to be involved in shady dealings (although whether thats the case is not clear) then the company is in no way responsible.

Konrad von Carstein

Kickback implodes combined with hibs.net ###### itself to death in syncrony in 10...9....8....

it was posted on here the other day with an original article on a Belgian web site from Mid May

That wouldn't be a newspaper taking a story first on posted on JKB and spinning it out would it dry.gif

no that could never happen

Harry Palmer

I'm completely unmoved by this revelation.

I trust most folk will be the same. :)

Stunning journalism : article on JKB followed by NOTW getting an unattributed intervierview with a 'banking insider'.

Not the first time something has appeared on this website to be followed shortly after by a super-dooper-pooper-scooper of an article in the Glasgow press.

PS Anyone know when the NOTW is doing a similar article on Rangers' bankruptcy ?

No ?

Thought not.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm completely unmoved by this revelation.

I trust most folk will be the same. smile.gif

I am "most folk"! thumbsup.gif

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Mince

fc_bob.jpg

His name is Robert Paulson.

New sof the screws, fykc them. talk shite,

Haha, rangers?> no ha lol

gorgie Rules.

NOTW

NOTW following up. We'll see if this is up to their normal standard of journalism or if there is any truth in it.

I can understand some peoples's reluctance to go to that site.

Romanov's bank faces ?1.4bn quiz

HEARTS OWNER VLADIMIR ROMANOV 'S BANK AT CENTRE OF MONEY-LAUNDERING PROBE By Graham McKendry, 20/06/2010

THE bank controlled by Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov is at the centre of a ?1.4BILLION money-laundering probe.

Lithuanian-based Ukio Bankas - who sponsor the Tynecastle side - were reported to authorities by Belgian financial giant ING over a string of transactions in two accounts opened by them. And anti-corruption cops are said to have discovered 1.7billion euros of alleged dirty money moved though the two ING accounts by 460 companies.

It's claimed that by the time the transactions had been uncovered, the enormous sums of cash had already been dispersed throughout the world's financial markets. Belgian authorities are now probing the deals, and Interpol also have a team investigating Ukio's activities.

A banking insider revealed: "The sums involved are colossal."Some Russian banks have lost their licences over links to money laundering, so Ukio will have to prove they acted legally thoughout this."

A football finance source added: "Although Hearts are sponsored by Ukio Bankas, their owners are Romanov's offshore firm, Ukio Bankas Investment Group. "But all Romanov's operations are intertwined, and it's impossible to know what effect, if any, this could have on UBIG. "What is certain is that Hearts owe Romanov's companies over ?35million, so he is the key to their very existence. "In a nutshell, anything that's bad news for Romanov is bad news for Hearts."

The controversial soccer boss, 62, is the largest single shareholder in Ukio Bankas and effectively holds a controlling interest through his relatives, sidekicks and other companies. And the latest probe is NOT the first time the bank has been caught up in money laundering claims.

In January 2009, tax officials in Lithuania revealed plans to seize almost ?14million of dirty money from Ukio accounts. And last month Kaunas District Court ordered ANOTHER ?7million lodged with Ukio Bankas should be passed to the state.

Guest Ash Cloud

I can understand some peoples's reluctance to go to that site.

Romanov's bank faces ?1.4bn quiz

HEARTS OWNER VLADIMIR ROMANOV 'S BANK AT CENTRE OF MONEY-LAUNDERING PROBE By Graham McKendry, 20/06/2010

THE bank controlled by Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov is at the centre of a ?1.4BILLION money-laundering probe.

Lithuanian-based Ukio Bankas - who sponsor the Tynecastle side - were reported to authorities by Belgian financial giant ING over a string of transactions in two accounts opened by them. And anti-corruption cops are said to have discovered 1.7billion euros of alleged dirty money moved though the two ING accounts by 460 companies.

It's claimed that by the time the transactions had been uncovered, the enormous sums of cash had already been dispersed throughout the world's financial markets. Belgian authorities are now probing the deals, and Interpol also have a team investigating Ukio's activities.

A banking insider revealed: "The sums involved are colossal."Some Russian banks have lost their licences over links to money laundering, so Ukio will have to prove they acted legally thoughout this."

A football finance source added: "Although Hearts are sponsored by Ukio Bankas, their owners are Romanov's offshore firm, Ukio Bankas Investment Group. "But all Romanov's operations are intertwined, and it's impossible to know what effect, if any, this could have on UBIG. "What is certain is that Hearts owe Romanov's companies over ?35million, so he is the key to their very existence. "In a nutshell, anything that's bad news for Romanov is bad news for Hearts."

The controversial soccer boss, 62, is the largest single shareholder in Ukio Bankas and effectively holds a controlling interest through his relatives, sidekicks and other companies. And the latest probe is NOT the first time the bank has been caught up in money laundering claims.

In January 2009, tax officials in Lithuania revealed plans to seize almost ?14million of dirty money from Ukio accounts. And last month Kaunas District Court ordered ANOTHER ?7million lodged with Ukio Bankas should be passed to the state.

COSANOSTRA here heshe is !..

The Old Tolbooth

As expected the weedgie papers are all over this like a rash, especially the parasitic piece of trash that calls itself the News of the World, I honestly wish there was a bookie who would take a bet on which rag it would appear in.

I wonder what they would make of it if it was one of the old firm in a similar situation...........oh wait...... :unsure:

Record Amount of criminal money versluisd through ING Belgium

Friday, May 28, 2010

fraud.jpg

On two accounts at ING Belgium is a record amount of EUR 1.7 billion dirty money laundered. That's three times over each year in Belgium by antiwitwascel intercepted. The Brussels court earlier this year has been conducting a criminal investigation into the money laundering case. The accounts were accused by the bank in antiwitwascel reported, but it was all dirty money abroad versluisd. In case the name of the Lithuanian bank Bankas Ukio said. The antiwitwascel now discovered that about 460 business customers of the Lithuanian bank, from a number of tax havens, thanks to accounts at ING Belgium proceeds of all kinds of frauds, scams and money laundering could eclipses. In total, the antiwitwascel the past year 17,170 reports of suspicious money transactions received. 1020 records were finally passed on to the floor. (MH)

ToadKiller Dog

Right i am dumb when it comes to high finance bank issues ,So the allegations mean he (vlad) or somebody at his bank knowingly allowed 430 different offshore person(s) to put 1.7bn euros of alleged dodgy money through Ukios and from there to other banks to wash the money .

Would not his bank show higher profit levels than a small boutique bank if such a high amount went through unless it was being hidden ,in which case Romanov may have a lot more in his own stash than people suspect as if the allegations are true whoever allowed it or turned a blind eye to dirty money would not have done so for free . Or it could be that the laws in Lithuanian banking are not good enough and being so the bank was oblivious to where the deposits came from ? .

There was a thread last night but it appears to have been pulled, anyone know what happened?

A that Romaov is a bit of a lad eh! Its grand that all the hobo's are feverously thinking about this for us, I mean so long as they're all worried about it we can sit stress free eh. No sense in all of us gettin our knickers in a twist!!

Johanes de Silentio

We had this story over a week ago, and have moved on - Sir Gay over on scabies.net will be wetting his knickers, though...again!

Johanes de Silentio

There was a thread last night but it appears to have been pulled, anyone know what happened?

A that Romaov is a bit of a lad eh! Its grand that all the hobo's are feverously thinking about this for us, I mean so long as they're all worried about it we can sit stress free eh. No sense in all of us gettin our knickers in a twist!!

Think it's in The Shed, mate.

Think it's in The Shed, mate.

I see the Ukio bankas one mate, but there was one that had the NOTW link in the terrace, I just wonder if it was pulled or no!

There was two threads, one in the shed made up a few days ago (which the NOTW cherry picked seeing as the original source is a Belgian news outlet back in May) and one made last night by Apollo Creed's namesake

I see the Ukio bankas one mate, but there was one that had the NOTW link in the terrace, I just wonder if it was pulled or no!

Think it has been pulled, I posted the link to the original thread on it but I just checked my previous posts and there is no trace of it

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"... A banking insider revealed: "The sums involved are colossal... "

"... A football finance source added... "

Yeah, yeah... Sources, sources, nice one News of The World, too much p!ss taking of Rangers this week was there? :rolleyes:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A JKB source added...

"The News of the World really just make things up from wee scraps of unrelated garbage and then mould it all together like an autistic chimp with a play-dough set."

The same source then went on to reveal...

"The News of the world has lots of pictures of girls in pants, this makes their news stories more believable"

Tiberius Stinkfinger

A JKB source added...

"The News of the World really just make things up from wee scraps of unrelated garbage and then mould it all together like an autistic chimp with a play-dough set."

The same source then went on to reveal...

"The News of the world has lots of pictures of girls in pants, this makes their news stories more believable"

Teasing post IMO.

I?m 4 and a half hours ahead and I got a text of a Hobo at 10.30 am my time, 6 am yours informing me of this.

Him and his Hobo pals were ejaculating in their cornflakes at yet another Hearts in ?dire straits? financial story.

It?s worrying of course but I?m gonna let the hobos do all our worrying for us, we know they love our finances.

Well we can close down any threads speculating on new signings with administrashun just days away there's no chance of anyone signing now :verymad:

I'm gonna dig my russian hat out and give it a stiff kicking to make me feel better :thumbsup:

Archived