Ukio Bankas/NotW article (merged threads)

jamborich

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I?m 4 and a half hours ahead and I got a text of a Hobo at 10.30 am my time, 6 am yours informing me of this.

Him and his Hobo pals were ejaculating in their cornflakes at yet another Hearts in ?dire straits? financial story.

It?s worrying of course but I?m gonna let the hobos do all our worrying for us, we know they love our finances.

Its been on .net the best part of a week.

winston churchill

should you not be round taking photos of the ikea flat pack stand with all the other gimps.

instead of sniffing round here.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Oh well must be some truth in it then... by the by... How many times have they wet their panties over this sort of thing, only for nothing to come of it?

I only ask as... Wouldn't it be a really disapointing way to live your life? All that getting your hopes up and then..................... Nothing........... again........ :rolleyes:

Oh well must be some truth in it then... by the by... How many times have they wet their panties over this sort of thing, only for nothing to come of it?

I only ask as... Wouldn't it be a really disapointing way to live your life? All that getting your hopes up and then..................... Nothing........... again........ :rolleyes:

Mothy they are obsessed with the financial state of our club. It is the ONLY thing and I mean ONLY thing they have over us.

linkin- hearts

Aye they hobos eh, it's like living next door to Hilda Ogden:whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Mothy they are obsessed with the financial state of our club. It is the ONLY thing and I mean ONLY thing they have over us.

I'ts scary mate. That retched little creep 'SirGay' has completely built his world around it. That is all he does, he is not interested in his team at all (suppose you can't blame him for that right enough) and instead has just become more of a Hearts hater than a hibs fan, more to be pittied i suppose but i can't help it... i would love to meet the guy, I'd love to look into his mental-case face and actually ask him about his weird obsession with us... just to see if there is any 'normality' left in the warped little sad-case's desperate carcass. :blink:

Truly he is a one off... I sometimes wonder if he is that bonkers Macca boy that used to phone in and spout guff on the radio all the time.

just think what it says about someone... Building your entire life around something so freakishly obsessive and continually unfulfilling and going to such incredible lengths to try and achieve... well... That is just it really... What has he got to gain from it all? That is what confuses me the most, think about it...

If his aim is to convince Hearts fans that the club is going bust then... This is an ultimately unfulfilling task, he knows nothing about our financial postion outside of some warped newspaper stories from the weegia and some frenzied digging into accounts he knows nothing about and even if he was ever to strike it lucky and stumble upon something real, that would have serious implications for our future then... Well if that happened, he would be left with nothing to live for anymore. He has spent so long hating us that he is no longer even a football fan anymore, just a sad wee freak of a stalker. :geek:

Seriously, for his own happiness and sanity he should give it a rest and try and live his life following a football team and getting passionate about them instead for a change, what a difference it would make to his life.

jamboinglasgow

"... A banking insider revealed: "The sums involved are colossal... "

"... A football finance source added... "

Yeah, yeah... Sources, sources, nice one News of The World, too much p!ss taking of Rangers this week was there? :rolleyes:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thats what gets me. For all I know there is no banking insider or football finance source, it is just the NotW journalist desperate to make it sound serious. I mean I can understand giving the banking insider anonymity but why the football finance source?

As they say sadly banks sometimes have money laundering they have let slip through, a google search of RBS, HBOS, Lloyds show that this happens. But I dont think it will be as dramatic as the Hibs fans seem to wish.

They don't even have that.

I can't imagine they were particularly interested in spreadsheets & figures when Driver & Obuas goals went in the back of the net last season.

Bunch of ginger smears.

jamboinglasgow

to me they are desperate for us to go out of business so they try and find these obscure stories to prove we are out of business. Now the question is why do they want us to go out of business? Well for the opposite reason of why I want Hibs to continue. They want the pain to end, the humilation to end. The only way that can happen is if Hearts dont exist And to me that feels me with glee that they are suffering because of us that they want us to exist no more. For me i want Hibs to exist as it brings humour and points for us.

i wouldn't bother about what the imbeciles on .net are making of this. that site is like internet-soup. i wouldn't back most of them to put their pants on the right way around.

The football finance 'source' section of the article is my favourite part. Oh my giddy aunt. The link might have been a little too vague for the NotW massive to grasp so they've opted for the 'this is why this article is here, it means Hearts are buggered' fake quote approach. Graham McKendry - journalism is really not your forte, nor is it that of the trashrag for whom you work.

However, crappy journalism aside it might be interesting to find out how this one pans out. Like anything else that happens to UKIO or UBIG it's probably safe at this point to assume that any impact on Hearts will be negligible (for now) but it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. Vaguely interesting, that is...

The football finance 'source' section of the article is my favourite part. Oh my giddy aunt. The link might have been a little too vague for the NotW massive to grasp so they've opted for the 'this is why this article is here, it means Hearts are buggered' fake quote approach. Graham McKendry - journalism is really not your forte, nor is it that of the trashrag for whom you work.

However, crappy journalism aside it might be interesting to find out how this one pans out. Like anything else that happens to UKIO or UBIG it's probably safe at this point to assume that any impact on Hearts will be negligible (for now) but it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. Vaguely interesting, that is...

exactly the right approach.

it's no more or no less 'interesting' as the time romanov was supposedly going to be sued for millions through the USA courts by one of roman abramovich's companies... or the time vlad's metals business was supposedly investigated (and supposedly cleared) in the balkans for alleged irregularities.

meh, bah & pfft.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's exactly what i was thinking too, the article is littered with...

"... Lithuanian-based Ukio Bankas - who sponsor the Tynecastle side - were reported to authorities... "

"... Although Hearts are sponsored by Ukio Bankas, their owners are Romanov's offshore firm, Ukio Bankas Investment Group... "

"... But all Romanov's operations are intertwined, and it's impossible to know what effect, if any, this could have on UBIG... "

"... What is certain is that Hearts owe Romanov's companies over ?35million, so he is the key to their very existence... "

"... In a nutshell, anything that's bad news for Romanov is bad news for Hearts... "

It really is like a game of consequences or something... No it's like that 'Six degrees of seperation' where you can supposedly link any two people in the world together through six stages of common cause or associate. :blink:

The last quote there is halariously simplified and dumbed down for NOTW readers too...

"... In a nutshell, anything that's bad news for Romanov is bad news for Hearts... "

Yeah right, remember the heartache and riots that ensued when Vlad never became Lithuanian president? there was looting and drive-by-shootings in Gorgie for months... then when he won strictly and we declared a national holiday in Edinburgh for all Hearts fans?

Bum-paper, nothing more. :geek:

How desperate would you have to be to wipe your arse with a NOTW? Surely it can't come to that.

exactly the right approach.

it's no more or no less 'interesting' as the time romanov was supposedly going to be sued for millions through the USA courts by one of roman abramovich's companies... or the time vlad's metals business was supposedly investigated (and supposedly cleared) in the balkans for alleged irregularities.

meh,?? bah & pfft.

So many incidents, so few consequences. Funny that. ? :)

That's exactly what i was thinking too, the article is littered with...

"... Lithuanian-based Ukio Bankas - who sponsor the Tynecastle side - were reported to authorities... "

"... Although Hearts are sponsored by Ukio Bankas, their owners are Romanov's offshore firm, Ukio Bankas Investment Group... "

"... But all Romanov's operations are intertwined, and it's impossible to know what effect, if any, this could have on UBIG... "

"... What is certain is that Hearts owe Romanov's companies over ?35million, so he is the key to their very existence... "

It really is like a game of consequences or something... No it's like that 'Six degrees of seperation' where you can supposedly link any two people in the world together through six stages of common cause or associate. :blink:

The last quote there is halariously simplified and dumbed down for NOTW readers too...

Yeah right, remember the heartache and riots that ensued when Vlad never became Lithuanian president? there was looting and drive-by-shootings in Gorgie for months... then when he won strictly and we declared a national holiday in Edinburgh for all Hearts fans?

Bum-paper, nothing more. :geek:

It's a hoot. I might get a little grumbly when it comes to folk such as Tom English (strange man but at least he writes in sentences) but the NotW genuinely entertains the socks off me. Rarely fails to make me grin. And here's another gem to add to the list:

"In January 2009, tax officials in Lithuania revealed plans to seize almost ?14million of dirty money from Ukio accounts."

Right. January 09. Plans revealed. So what actually happened? No? That's not worth mentioning I guess....oh-kay.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How desperate would you have to be to wipe your arse with a NOTW? Surely it can't come to that.

Oh i dunno?... Stick a picture of Rat-boy on the back page and I will make the temporary switch from 'Charmin' to NOTW for a day... Can't be worse than that grease proof paper that they used to have in school bogs! :blink:

kennyblack'sshot

i wouldn't bother about what the imbeciles on .net are making of this. that site is like internet-soup. i wouldn't back most of them to put their pants on the right way around.

Too true. The irony of Hibs fans continually trying to paint Romanov as some sort of crook (a racist viewpoint IMO as their comments usually mention "dodgy Eastern Europeans" and suchlike) is that no Hearts employee (to my knowledge and certainly no-one high up) has ever been convicted of anything fraudulent.

Hibs on the other hand....

Ian Erskine, Commercial Director and convicted fraud - http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/great-edinburgh-scandals/ExHibs-fraudster-was-jailed-for.5018408.jp

David Duff, Chairman and convicted fraud (and the man willing to sell Hibs to Hearts, like another former Hibs chairman Kenny Waugh - something that tends to get lost in Hibs' fans selective memory of the takeover shenannigans)- http://www.nickdavies.net/1993/09/01/the-death-of-trust/

Quote:

"First Duff had soared. He became senior partner of Phelps and Lawrence, made easy money out of the housing boom, constantly dreamed of new money-spinning schemes ? an off-licence, a fish shop, a record company, a flying club ? and got just about nowhere with any of them until, in the summer of 1987, he astonished everyone who knew him by talking his way into an ?800,000 deal to take over Hibernian football club, the Edinburgh team which he had followed as a boy. He persuaded a financier in Monaco to put up the money and appointed himself chairman of the board.

"Now, he lived the life of his dreams ? three new homes in Edinburgh, chauffeur driven Mercedes (with HIBS 1 on the number plate), a club salary of ?62,000 a year, constant commuting between London and Scotland, holding forth at press conferences, flying around the world with the team, pumping hands with the rich and famous. He used to drink champagne in a pub in Southampton with a group of other wealthy professionals; they called themselves the Bollinger Boys. But David Duff?s life as a sporting baron was all just as phoney as David Read?s life as a legal benefector, and just as crooked."

Until Romanov is convicted of anything, all you have to do is mention David Duff...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So many incidents, so few consequences. Funny that. :)

It's a hoot. I might get a little grumbly when it comes to folk such as Tom English (strange man but at least he writes in sentences) but the NotW genuinely entertains the socks off me. Rarely fails to make me grin. And here's another gem to add to the list:

"In January 2009, tax officials in Lithuania revealed plans to seize almost ?14million of dirty money from Ukio accounts."

Right. January 09. Plans revealed. So what actually happened? No? That's not worth mentioning I guess....oh-kay.

Out of interest, what did happen about that? I have never even heard it mentioned before? :geek:

Too true. The irony of Hibs fans continually trying to paint Romanov as some sort of crook (a racist viewpoint IMO as their comments usually mention "dodgy Eastern Europeans" and suchlike) is that no Hearts employee (to my knowledge and certainly no-one high up) has ever been convicted of anything fraudulent.

Hibs on the other hand....

Ian Erskine, Commercial Director and convicted fraud - http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/great-edinburgh-scandals/ExHibs-fraudster-was-jailed-for.5018408.jp

David Duff, Chairman and convicted fraud (and the man willing to sell Hibs to Hearts, like another former Hibs chairman Kenny Waugh - something that tends to get lost in Hibs' fans selective memory of the takeover shenannigans)- http://www.nickdavies.net/1993/09/01/the-death-of-trust/

Quote:

"First Duff had soared. He became senior partner of Phelps and Lawrence, made easy money out of the housing boom, constantly dreamed of new money-spinning schemes ? an off-licence, a fish shop, a record company, a flying club ? and got just about nowhere with any of them until, in the summer of 1987, he astonished everyone who knew him by talking his way into an ?800,000 deal to take over Hibernian football club, the Edinburgh team which he had followed as a boy. He persuaded a financier in Monaco to put up the money and appointed himself chairman of the board.

"Now, he lived the life of his dreams ? three new homes in Edinburgh, chauffeur driven Mercedes (with HIBS 1 on the number plate), a club salary of ?62,000 a year, constant commuting between London and Scotland, holding forth at press conferences, flying around the world with the team, pumping hands with the rich and famous. He used to drink champagne in a pub in Southampton with a group of other wealthy professionals; they called themselves the Bollinger Boys. But David Duff?s life as a sporting baron was all just as phoney as David Read?s life as a legal benefector, and just as crooked."

Until Romanov is convicted of anything, all you have to do is mention David Duff...

there's the crux. it would be naive in the extreme to believe that everything he does and has previously done has been whiter than white. i don't know about anyone else but i really don't care what 'slightly iffy' skeletons are in the cupboard... as long as they don't impinge on us.

i strongly suspect though that romanov is leagues ahead of some of the deadbeats you mentioned in terms of covering his arse.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

NOTW Exclusive!!

Our inside man reveals pictures of UKIO's new branch opening in Edinburgh!

laundrette%202024a.jpg

:woot:

We will now have a short recess for SirGay to go and crack one off in his sister's panties.

portobellojambo1

I think the one thing that may work in Ukio Bankas favour is possiby the banking system in Lithuania redm, which isn't as tight as in other parts of the world. I don't think there is any doubt the basis of the story is correct, i.e. money was being laundered through the bank by a number of sources, however, all that may happen is they are told to be more stringent in their procedures, carry out more investigations of both existing and new business clients etc.

Impact on Hearts, minimal if any, but if such stories keep certain people down Leith way happy, then so be it. I've been more interested in reading stories on the internet today about the Edinburgh tram project now being scrapped, but maybe that just interests me more.

Out of interest, what did happen about that? I have never even heard it mentioned before? :geek:

I haven't the foggiest, but as none of us seem sure I'd be prepared to put money on the fact that pretty much nothing happened in the end.

There's probably ONE person who knows, but where to find him.....

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I haven't the foggiest, but as none of us seem sure I'd be prepared to put money on the fact that pretty much nothing happened in the end.

I told you where he is... in the bathroom with his sister's undercrackers. :yucky:...

Unless you meant oor Vladimiras... But he would probably have to phone SirGay to get all the details anyway.

I told you where he is... in the bathroom with his sister's undercrackers. :yucky:...

Unless you meant oor Vladimiras... But he would probably have to phone SirGay to get all the details anyway.

the miscreant you people allude to has recently posted a rather vague and enigmatic post on their ukio tossfest thread which - if i read it correctly - suggests that he had something to do with the NOTW picking up the story.

walter mitty aint got a look in.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

the miscreant you people allude to has recently posted a rather vague and enigmatic post on their ukio tossfest thread which - if i read it correctly - suggests that he had something to do with the NOTW picking up the story.

Brilliant... He must be the "... football finance source... " :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

NOTW EXCLUSIVE!!

Our "football finance source" has just sent us in new evidence from his My little Pony camera...

europe-england-money-laundering-washing.jpg

The noose tightens!! :lol:

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

It really is hard to believe that there are editors who actually accept this kind of work from their staff, was this written by Neil while on work experience at the newspaper in The Inbetweeners

Is this the same as we are about to fold because 3 years ago Ukio Bankas was due to pay back a ?150 million loan to another finance house in Europe

Is it cause the Glasgow media have never understood why a Lithuanian buisness man would buy Hearts

Well here's a reason for you, think about this in your offices at the Weegieland HQ as you invent the next Romanov saga

Ukio Bankas as in your words was a boutique bank not like our ?10 billion a year shear profit banks in the UK, that are now insolvent and racking up debts of hundreds of millions per year as Ukio Bankas still produces profits year on year, Stop and think about every article you have wrote and every time you have mentioned Ukio Bankas and count up the costs in terms of advertising and then count up how many times you have mentioned every other SPL clubs sponsors put together

And when you see these facts know this EVERY HEARTS FAN THANKS YOU for making our club the most profitable and publicised shirt sponsorship deal in World Football, Just think about how many people said "who are they" 5 years ago and think how many people in Europe now know who Ukio Bankas are infact sure Vlad the great one himself will Thank You to the very bottom of his heart for making Ukio Bankas a household name

And finally still the only board in Scotland who don't take a wage as UBIG pays it for us :lol:

Yes I think its time for the old Vladimir Romanov song to come back just to get it right up the weegie press :lol:

jamboinglasgow

I can imagine how the e-mail/letter went

Dear Mr Big journalist man,

Dinnae ken if yous heard but those radge Hertz are in big time money trouble. I found a news story on a Belgium newssite which says their bank is in big dodgy money dealing trouble. You could use me as a source having my obtained a first in my hobnomics degree at the Rod Petree school of nonsense finance.

Yours

Sirgay

p.s. I include a picture of my tadger for your enjoyment.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dinnae ken if yous heard but those radge Hertz are in big time money trouble. I found a news story on a Belgium newssite which says their bank is in big dodgy money dealing trouble. You could use me as a source having my obtained a first in my hobnomics degree at the Rod Petree school of nonsense finance.

Yours

Sirgay

:lol: Doubled over!!

What an absolute fecking rasper.

If I had as little going on in life as he so clearly has I'd do myself in.

Yours

Sirgay

he probably tried the newspaper market first - and received a few **** offs - and ended up having to settle for the comics.

oh.. and i think the passing round of knob pictures is solely for his enjoyment.

linkin- hearts

Sorry bud, here...

Ellie038.jpg

Is that one of those Sirgay look alike lady boys?:yucky:

Mac_fae_Gillie

No real suprise,lot of Russia and other East europeons got huge amounts of cash they don't want traced back.

Some will be direct criminal groups and others good old tax dogding business deals both of which happen to other banks too.

Only bad here is the percent of business this reflects at the bank.But for a Lithania bank to be used by these gangs cant be a surprise especailly if its trying to branch out into the west as it offers these criminals access from the west.

Only few months ago UK banks stopped accepting 500euro notes as 90% "YES 90percent" are figured to be in the hands of criminals(like a pub wouldn't give you change of that).Just shows the huge amounts these people have got to play with...

Or it could be that the laws in Lithuanian banking are not good enough and being so the bank was oblivious to where the deposits came from ? .

Am I not right in saying that UKIO Bank has been vetted (and passed "fit") by the Bank of England, to allow it to operate in the UK?

While no bank could ever guarentee that they never touched any "dirty" money, it may be they can demonstrate that they've taken all reasonable precautions, therefore no blame is attached.

Alternatively, an interpretation of the article could even be that it is the bank that is identifying, and reporting, these dodgy transactions. With the current focus on banking standards I would find it difficult to believe UKIO was still allowed to trade if they have been in the wrong since January 2009.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No official statement from the club about us going under yet?????

Seriously! I am sweating here!... Where are the " football financial sources" when you need them?

ToadKiller Dog

No official statement from the club about us going under yet?????

Seriously! I am sweating here!... Where are the " football financial sources" when you need them?

No response from the club but the Bank has responded to the claims in the media .

the bank that likes to say no

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No response from the club but the Bank has responded to the claims in the media .

the bank that likes to say no

Reacting to the information about ?kio bankas illegal acts being spread in media, we inform that:

1. Facts do not reflect reality;
  2. Up to now ?kio bankas neither was requested nor being informed about the acts taken by any Lithuanian or any international institution, responsible for Anti money laundering;
  3. ?kio bankas emphasize that all banking activities and Anti money laundering monitoring follow the laws of EU and the Republic of Lithuania, recommendations of international organizations and Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing;
  4. ?kio bankas is willing to actively participate in investigation, provide information and to offer any help needed to responsible Lithuanian or international institutions.

All very scintilating stuff... Now I just need someone who knows what all this means to explain it to me!

YOO-HOO SIRGAY!!

The People's Chimp

Therefore this would have no effect on HMFC whatsoever.

If a company banks with a certain bank and that bank is found to be involved in shady dealings (although whether thats the case is not clear) then the company is in no way responsible.

That's not really true though is it, the whole "no effect on hearts whatsoever" line. I've got no idea about the veracity or otherwise of these claims, but lets put them aside as there's no point in debating that when the main source is the NOTW i.e. a load of tripe.

But to say these things wouldn't have an effect on hearts if they are true is just naive. If true, that spells very bad news for what is basically UBIG's main raison d'etre, i.e. UKIO and that in turn spells bad news for Romanov. If UKIO are in trouble, then by extension Romanov will have some problems. Anything which is bad news for UKIO and Romanov will have an effect on Hearts.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's not really true though is it, the whole "no effect on hearts whatsoever" line. I've got no idea about the veracity or otherwise of these claims, but lets put them aside as there's no point in debating that when the main source is the NOTW i.e. a load of tripe.

But to say these things wouldn't have an effect on hearts if they are true is just naive. If true, that spells very bad news for what is basically UBIG's main raison d'etre, i.e. UKIO and that in turn spells bad news for Romanov. If UKIO are in trouble, then by extension Romanov will have some problems. Anything which is bad news for UKIO and Romanov will have an effect on Hearts.

But it would appear that UKIO are not even getting investigated but have offered their accounts up to be checked by the relevant authorities... At least that is what i think it is saying... No? :unsure:

ToadKiller Dog

But it would appear that UKIO are not even getting investigated but have offered their accounts up to be checked by the relevant authorities... At least that is what i think it is saying... No? :unsure:

Yep Ukios saying there is no truth to the claims in there points 1 and 2.

and that point 3 they work to the regularly laws and point 4 if asked they will

co-operate fully as they add hear to point 3 in there statement .

The People's Chimp

Yeah it is, but I was quoting a post by treasurer. rolleyes.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yep Ukios saying there is no truth to the claims in there points 1 and 2.

and that point 3 they work to the regularly laws and point 4 if asked they will

co-operate fully as they add hear to point 3 in there statement .

Perhaps if they take NOTW to court for libel then they will uncover SirGay as the stukachi? :geek:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Another evil plot uncovered and halted by SirGay and his crack team of Hobo crime-fighters!!

And UKIO would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those pesky Hobos!!

scooby-doo-tv-01.jpg

:lol:

Archived