Well done Dundee utd

garethjambo

It's called a search engine, Therapist. Search engines are handy tools with which to discover whether someone has been consistent, or instead, are guilty of flip-flopping and talking out of their backsides on a daily basis. It's not my fault you're incapable of covering your tracks! :thumbsup:

Um, how are England a "rival"? :whistling:

And you've taken the Rangers FC posts from threads where they've been up against timothy or about to best timothy.

Quite sad really. :yucky:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh? Oh really?

:whistling:

I'm shocked and saddened to learn that members of this site have been brown-nosing the opposition in this nauseating way.

shaun.lawson

Um, how are England a "rival"? :whistling:

And you've taken the Rangers FC posts from threads where they've been up against timothy or about to best timothy.

Quite sad really. :yucky:

Why are Rangers the only Scottish club other than the one you support who you refer to with an FC, as opposed to something derogatory? Seems like you're attempting a love-in with Rangers, who you've previously referred to as "our bretheren". Funny - I thought they were part of our competition?

Oh, and England are Scotland's rivals. Very few Scotland fans - or Scots in general - want England to succeed. In your world, this is part of their smallmindedness - before you perform another of your sensational about turns and get angry when Hearts fans aren't narrow minded about the success of another SPL club. You make it up as you go along I'm afraid... :whistling:

Why are Rangers the only Scottish club other than the one you support who you refer to with an FC, as opposed to something derogatory? Seems like you're attempting a love-in with Rangers, who you've previously referred to as "our bretheren". Funny - I thought they were part of our competition?

Shaun, please don't make me rip you a new one.

When we play Rangers, they are our rivals. When it's a choice between Rangers or the green and grey hoops to win a trophy, then it's Rangers FC for me. :thumbsup: It's what Hearts supporters do.... :teehee:

shaun.lawson

When we play Rangers, they are our rivals. When it's a choice between Rangers or the green and grey hoops to win a trophy, then it's Rangers FC for me. :thumbsup: It's what Hearts supporters do.... :teehee:

Rangers are only our rivals when we play them? Who says? And if you take that stance, well, we weren't playing Dundee United on Saturday, so they weren't our rivals either, were they?

Here's a wee question for you, I'm not trying to have a go (far from it, better than me have tried and failed :teehee: ) I would merely like your view.

If Rangers were playing a team that was not Heart of Midlothian Football Club, Celtic or Hibernian in the Scottish cup final, would you support Rangers to win it?

Regardless of who the opposition was, surely anyone would support the team that was not a part of the old firm.

Here's a wee question for you, I'm not trying to have a go (far from it, better than me have tried and failed :teehee: ) Regardless of who the opposition was, surely anyone would support the team that was not a part of the old firm.

Incorrect. It depends on the situation.

For example, let's assume Rangers FC were playing Arbroath FC in Saturday's final. Even although Arbroath FC play in maroon, and my mother (RIP) was from Arbroath, I would still have wanted Rangers FC to win the trophy because it'd mean that Heart of Midlothian FC were the last non OF club to win it. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

For example, let's assume Rangers FC were playing Arbroath FC in Saturday's final. Even although Arbroath FC play in maroon, and my mother (RIP) was from Arbroath, I would still have wanted Rangers FC to win the trophy because it'd mean that Heart of Midlothian FC were the last non OF club to win it. :thumbsup:

Heart of Midlothian FC are no longer the last non-OF club to win it. So if Rangers FC met Arbroath FC in next season's final, who would you want to win? Meanwhile, everyone knows this "last non-OF club to win it" justification is a load of nonsense - because it'd follow that if Celtic met anyone other than Hearts or Rangers in the final, you'd want Celtic to win. But unless they were playing Hibs, you wouldn't, would you?

Merci, that clears things up somewhat.

However, could you provide an example, aside from when they are playing HMFC or should they meet Chelsea FC, whereupon you would like to see Rangers lose.

Just for funsies.

Heart of Midlothian FC are no longer the last non-OF club to win it. So if Rangers FC met Arbroath FC in next season's final, who would you want to win? Meanwhile, everyone knows this "last non-OF club to win it" justification is a load of nonsense - because it'd follow that if Celtic met anyone other than Hearts or Rangers in the final, you'd want Celtic to win. But unless they were playing Hibs, you wouldn't, would you?

Shaun, the clue is in the phrase "it depends on the situation". :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson

Shaun, the clue is in the phrase "it depends on the situation". :rolleyes:

Translation: you'd want Celtic to win only if they were playing Hibs, and Rangers to win if they were playing anyone other than Hearts. But regardless, you'll still be on here to spout your "true Hearts fans" gibberish and make yourself look silly. :thumbsup:

Translation: you'd want Celtic to win only if they were playing Hibs, and Rangers to win if they were playing anyone other than Hearts. But regardless, you'll still be on here to spout your "true Hearts fans" gibberish and make yourself look silly. :thumbsup:

Shaun, I can tell you're absolutely raging but please stop putting words in my cyber mouth.

Merci, that clears things up somewhat.

However, could you provide an example, aside from when they are playing HMFC or should they meet Chelsea FC, whereupon you would like to see Rangers lose.

Just for funsies.

I am genuinely interested. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

I'll happily add my congratulations to Dundee Utd, my best friend is a fan and I can't grudge them their win, they have played very well all season and deserve something to show for it.

Some of the comments on this thread are laughably bitter - If being the "only non-OF" team to win it is seen by us as some kind of honour then we really are a pathetic bunch, the reality is we should be happy that something broken the monotony of old firm wins and that at least it wasn't Hibs.

Gonnae stop the bickering lads?

There's some old boy up the back needing his pish bag changed, moaning about his "darkie doctor", and reminiscing fondly about hibs winning the league in 1951, "because they're our mates".

Gonnae stop the bickering lads?

There's some old boy up the back needing his pish bag changed, moaning about his "darkie doctor", and reminiscing fondly about hibs winning the league in 1951, "because they're our mates".

My grandfather was a season ticket holder at Easter Road during the early fifties.

He hates Hearts.

I don't hold that against him though.

shaun.lawson

I'll happily add my congratulations to Dundee Utd, my best friend is a fan and I can't grudge them their win, they have played very well all season and deserve something to show for it.

Some of the comments on this thread are laughably bitter - If being the "only non-OF" team to win it is seen by us as some kind of honour then we really are a pathetic bunch, the reality is we should be happy that something broken the monotony of old firm wins and that at least it wasn't Hibs.

Incidentally, I'll certainly add my congratulations too. They were so unlucky in the League Cup final in 2008, and League Cup semi last season; their fans have endured plenty of heartbreak in finals; Peter Houston is a former Hearts man, as of course is Craig Levein. A good, well run club who've done remarkably well in recent years, have an owner who takes no **** from the OF, and a late owner who, I trust, had a smile as wide as the Tay from on high on Saturday. Eddie Thompson was a true football man, and it's brilliant that Dundee United have finally achieved the success his hard work and sacrifice deserved. :thumbsup:

This thread has proven useful.

I am only interested in the opinions of fellow Hearts fans, and with those who have congratulated Dundee hibernian on their success clearly not in that category, it has been a busy day on my ignore list.

thumbsup.gif

shaun.lawson

This thread has proven useful.

I am only interested in the opinions of fellow Hearts fans, and with those who have congratulated Dundee hibernian on their success clearly not in that category, it has been a busy day on my ignore list.

thumbsup.gif

:yawn:

Malcolm Tucker

Dundee Hibernian can take a long run and **** at themselves imo.

Tommy Wiseau

Incidentally, I'll certainly add my congratulations too. They were so unlucky in the League Cup final in 2008, and League Cup semi last season; their fans have endured plenty of heartbreak in finals; Peter Houston is a former Hearts man, as of course is Craig Levein. A good, well run club who've done remarkably well in recent years, have an owner who takes no **** from the OF, and a late owner who, I trust, had a smile as wide as the Tay from on high on Saturday. Eddie Thompson was a true football man, and it's brilliant that Dundee United have finally achieved the success his hard work and sacrifice deserved. :thumbsup:

Sacrifice? He didn't throw himself on a live grenade to save David Goodwillie. Secondly, you think it's "brilliant" that a rival club is achieving success and we aren't? I thought you were learning, Shaun.

Incidentally, it has been noted that certain blatant trolls have tried in vain to sow their seeds on more than one occasion on this thread, only to go missing when it's been pointed out. Interesting. Added to a blatant rule breach by naming me and having a cheap shot at me before I had posted on a thread the other day, surely a ban is now in order? :whistling:

Dundee Hibernian can take a long run and **** at themselves imo.

Hearts fan - ergo; not on ignore list.

thumbsup.gif

shaun.lawson

Sacrifice? He didn't throw himself on a live grenade to save David Goodwillie. Secondly, you think it's "brilliant" that a rival club is achieving success and we aren't? I thought you were learning, Shaun.

I think Dundee United entirely merit their success. Has it been at our expense? Hardly. Aberdeen knocked us out of the Cup; we finished halfway down the league. So we'll be back next season. Meantime, well done them: they've shown what a non-OF club can do, and I hope we do the same next May.

shaun.lawson

Are United cuddly as well, Shaun? <_<

See Chad, I'm having an awfully hard time imagining young Sexington sitting at home as a wee lad, tucking into his tea, soaking the TV in bile and willing Gothenburg or Barcelona on to rip the Tangerines a new one - because "they play in the same league as Hearts. This makes them evil!"

When we've debated the English league on here, people who follow English clubs still generally had a view who they wanted to win it out of Chelsea or United. They might even have given one, the other or Arsenal credit. Bit strange, given they're apparently supposed to hate all other clubs?

Tommy Wiseau

I think Dundee United entirely merit their success. Has it been at our expense? Hardly. Aberdeen knocked us out of the Cup; we finished halfway down the league. So we'll be back next season. Meantime, well done them: they've shown what a non-OF club can do, and I hope we do the same next May.

I grudge any of our rivals success, Shaun, and consider their successes to be at our expense. That's how it works. Platitudes and faux congratulations are for losers.

Are we to applaud them onto the pitch at Tynie next season to show our appreciation for how well they've done?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Incidentally, it has been noted that certain blatant trolls have tried in vain to sow their seeds on more than one occasion on this thread, only to go missing when it's been pointed out. Interesting. Added to a blatant rule breach by naming me and having a cheap shot at me before I had posted on a thread the other day, surely a ban is now in order? :whistling:

If I wasn't privy to information as to the names of each and every single mod, I would start to think that trollboy was one!

Also - while Shaun is a good poster, it's well down that is opinions on rivalry are a complete and utter joke so it would be best to ignore some of his posts on this thread. No offence SL :)

I tend only to deal in facts, and shy away from idle speculation, so I will give you an example from the past. I found it absolutely hilarious when Kaunus beat Rangers FC, even although it was bad for the coefficient.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :thumbsup:

Guest Dipped Flake

Great thread and great to see our resident rangers FC fan getting owned by Shaun.

Well done to Utd and County for showing that the bigot brothers don't own Scottish football.

Cut The Crap

Meaningless to me unless it's us winning it, however, I must admit to feeling quite pleased for Houstie.

Interesting too that, as in 1998, a club goes on to win a major trophy just six months after Craig Levein has left the building. A coincidence I'm sure. :whistling:

Are we to applaud them onto the pitch at Tynie next season to show our appreciation for how well they've done?

Quiz question: name the last away venue at which Dundee Utd were applauded on to the pitch by the opposition players and fans.

great to see our resident rangers FC fan getting owned by Shaun.

If there's Rangers FC fan on here he should be named, shamed and banned. :rifle:

I tend only to deal in facts, and shy away from idle speculation, so I will give you an example from the past. I found it absolutely hilarious when Kaunus beat Rangers FC, even although it was bad for the coefficient.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :thumbsup:

Yes, thank you.

That was really funny.

rossthejambo

Yes, thank you.

That was really funny.

What was even more funny was the fact that it was Pilibaitis that scored the winner laugh.gif

Genghis Khan

It's called a search engine, Therapist. Search engines are handy tools with which to discover whether someone has been consistent, or instead, are guilty of flip-flopping and talking out of their backsides on a daily basis. It's not my fault you're incapable of covering your tracks! :thumbsup:

Sean, let's not go down that road or I'll have to dig up your posts from flumps.net about Vlad selling up last summer. :whistling:

Tommy Wiseau

Quiz question: name the last away venue at which Dundee Utd were applauded on to the pitch by the opposition players and fans.

I'm assuming that it was Tynecastle, given that you bring it up? Perhaps after winning the league or finishing runner-up in the UEFA Cup?

You can be damn sure I wouldn't be participating should that be repeated.

Guildford_Jambo

Why not?

rossthejambo

Why not?

Why is a more appropriate question I think

I'm assuming that it was Tynecastle, given that you bring it up? Perhaps after winning the league or finishing runner-up in the UEFA Cup?

No, it wasn't. It was a genuine "quiz question" with no angle to it at all.

If my memory serves me well, it was at Brockville the Saturday after they had beaten Moenchengladbach to get to the UEFA Cup final. Or possibly after they had beaten Barcelona in both legs.

Short-sighted in the extreme on the part of the Falkirk players and fans, really.

Guest Atticus

are you for real? down.gif

I hope not.

Guildford is the guy who reckons rivalry has no place in football, he is the one who was greetin about the levels of hatred some Hearts fans were showing the Celtic fans the other week.

IIRC he was moaning about Hearts fans paying too much attention to the away end, which is funny, because he obviously spends too much time watching fellow Hearts fans. If he is a fan.

So guildford underscore jambo now applauds oppostion goals, players, fans, is a people watcher AND loves Celtic - boak.gif

I hope not.

Guildford is the guy who reckons rivalry has no place in football, he is the one who was greetin about the levels of hatred some Hearts fans were showing the Celtic fans the other week.

IIRC he was moaning about Hearts fans paying too much attention to the away end, which is funny, because he obviously spends too much time watching fellow Hearts fans. If he is a fan.

So guildford underscore jambo now applauds oppostion goals, players, fans, is a people watcher AND loves Celtic - boak.gif

He hates everyone under the age of 40, too.

He hates everyone under the age of 40, too.

So do I.

Including myself.

Tommy Wiseau

Why not?

LOLZ.

Mainly because I don't sook the boabies of rival teams whose sole purpose is to win matches and trophies at our expense. But thanks for asking.

No, it wasn't. It was a genuine "quiz question" with no angle to it at all.

If my memory serves me well, it was at Brockville the Saturday after they had beaten Moenchengladbach to get to the UEFA Cup final. Or possibly after they had beaten Barcelona in both legs.

Short-sighted in the extreme on the part of the Falkirk players and fans, really.

Ah - you'll forgive me for being cautious - I've been on this particular block for long enough to have an ultra-sensitive nose for a trap. :thumbsup:

Says it all about those arseholes, in any case. Further evidence for me sticking to my position on this.

Tommy Wiseau

i wouldn't p ish on dundee hibernian if they were on fire.

I personally wouldn't pish on them if they were allergic to pish.

I personally wouldn't pish on them if they were allergic to pish.

I would however consider dropping a deuce on them.

Pete Seeger

Some pretty poor posts from alleged Hearts supporters on here. Anyone who genuinly enjoys watching rivals of Heart of Midlothian win trophies at our expense is an out and out loser.

Archived