Well done Dundee utd

garethjambo

garethjambo

Can i just say congratulations to Dundee utd!! Well done for winning the cup,, was in Glasgow town today and was great to see Dundee utd and Ross county fans walking down Buchanan st having a great time.... Nice to see the town filled with orange and white and dark blue.... Obviously wished it was us but was genuinley happy seeing them taking over Glasgow. Maybe it's the drink talking but well done the tangerines!! Hope they have a good home coming parade.....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Craigieboy

They'll have a fantastic weekend & after enduring so many heartbreaks like us in the past, who can grudge them it.

garethjambo

They'll have a fantastic weekend & after enduring so many heartbreaks like us in the past, who can grudge them it.

exactly craigeboy, great to see them win it, hope they have a party to remember

heartofgold

Here Here! They deserve it they've had a great season and also congratulations to Ross County, superb effort in getting to the final and especially dashing the Cabbage dreams for another season :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This is a Hearts board and Dundee Hibernians are our rivals so no you can't congratulate them.

Well done to both teams for ensuring a non-OF final. It wasn't a great match (how many Cup finals are?) but it most certainly was a great occasion. Rather than having one set of OF fans going home in a "so what" mood after scraping a late win over Dunfermline or St Mirren, tonight will see the United fans going back up the road with a set of memories to cherish for the rest of their lives. A great day for the Scottish Cup. Roll on our next appearance in the final.

WestcoastJambo

This is a Hearts board and Dundee Hibernians are our rivals so no you can't congratulate them.

Right you are.

Well done United.

Pistol1874

Well done to both teams for ensuring a non-OF final. It wasn't a great match (how many Cup finals are?) but it most certainly was a great occasion. Rather than having one set of OF fans going home in a "so what" mood after scraping a late win over Dunfermline or St Mirren, tonight will see the United fans going back up the road with a set of memories to cherish for the rest of their lives. A great day for the Scottish Cup. Roll on our next appearance in the final.

After a short period of disappointment, the Ross County fans will surely have the same.

Great to see so many fans out in force showing that Scottish football doesn't begin and end with Rantic Inc.

Congratulations to Dundee Utd and commiserations to the Staggies, with thanks for one of the best nights of the season when the famous weren't even in action.

:thumbsup:

Clerry Jambo

yip well done United, have been a good club down the years and thoroughly deserve their celebrations tonight and tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday bla bla

Just shows what sort of team you can build with not the biggest budget and a "true fitba family" at the helm :rolleyes:

Gigolo-Aunt

yip well done United, have been a good club down the years and thoroughly deserve their celebrations tonight and tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday bla bla

Just shows what sort of team you can build with not the biggest budget and a "true fitba family" at the helm :rolleyes:

That's not what I have read.

Its not on a par with us, granted - but United have a fair old budget.

Couldnae give a toss about Dundee Utd , there is only one team i will congratulate when they win things and that is Heart of Midlothian FC.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Couldnae give a toss about Dundee Utd , there is only one team i will congratulate when they win things and that is Heart of Midlothian FC.

Exactly Gambo. They are our rivals ffs. No wonder Tynecastle is a morgue these days with fans delighted for the opposition. :angry:

Congrats to United - they've had a good season and deserved their success today.

donnie darko

Well done, they do deserve it.

However, watching Webster go up to lift the trophy make me feel slightly nauseous :yucky:

Clerry Jambo

Exactly Gambo. They are our rivals ffs. No wonder Tynecastle is a morgue these days with fans delighted for the opposition. :angry:

Clerry Jambo

This, and exactly this, I feckin hate Dundee Utd, why the feck anyone would come on to a Hearts board and congratulate another side winning the only trophy we have a realistic chance of gaining success in, well sorry that is way beyond my comprehension. I suppose that you are all delighted that Judas Webster now has a winners medal also, feckin hate that cant too.

Gigolo-Aunt

This, and exactly this, I feckin hate Dundee Utd, why the feck anyone would come on to a Hearts board and congratulate another side winning the only trophy we have a realistic chance of gaining success in, well sorry that is way beyond my comprehension. I suppose that you are all delighted that Judas Webster now has a winners medal also, feckin hate that cant too.

That a boy.

Rafferty51

I'm pissed off that United won cause it means the Hobos now enter the 3rd round of Europa League Qualifying and not the 2nd round, i'm sure they will get gubbed of some diddy team anyway.

The Old Tolbooth

Ach come on guys, Websters had a hard time of things and deserves a break preferably his neck or legs though!

i'd agree with this

and while i take NO pleasure in seeing webster lift anything other than a walking stick, its nice for guys like peter houston and stevie banks who are ours as much as any other ex players we have good relations with

i bear united no ill will, and while i was jealous as hell it wasn't us that was there, it was great to see 2 non OF clubs having a good old day.

we've done it twice, and i know we'll do it again

we are heart of midlothian and we WILL win it again :D

i'd agree with this

and while i take NO pleasure in seeing webster lift anything other than a walking stick, its nice for guys like peter houston and stevie banks who are ours as much as any other ex players we have good relations with

i bear united no ill will, and while i was jealous as hell it wasn't us that was there, it was great to see 2 non OF clubs having a good old day.

we've done it twice, and i know we'll do it again

we are heart of midlothian and we WILL win it again :D

Speaking of him.

2 Winners medals without playing a game in either run to the final?

Guest Atticus

What happened to Hearts fans dry.gif

we now congratulate our rivals, as well as mups like Webster, for winning the Scottish cup blink.gif

**** THAT.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

What happened to Hearts fans dry.gif

we now congratulate our rivals, as well as mups like Webster, for winning the Scottish cup blink.gif

**** THAT.

Did you watch the game ?

Hearts of Vladland

I'm pissed off that United won cause it means the Hobos now enter the 3rd round of Europa League Qualifying and not the 2nd round, i'm sure they will get gubbed of some diddy team anyway.

If the went into the 2nd round they would get some diddy team which if they won it they would get more points (correct me if i am wrong) but entering the 3rd round means they have a high chance of a good team and they will get pumped so less points.

chester copperpot

Ach come on guys, Websters had a hard time of things and deserves a break preferably his neck or legs though!

:laugh:

I got it mate.

Dundee Hibernians can GTF.

Congrats to Dundee Utd. Of our main rivals I think they're one of our more agreeable adversaries. Agree? They finished 3rd this season, deservedly, so who can begrudge it to them?

donnie darko

If the went into the 2nd round they would get some diddy team which if they won it they would get more points (correct me if i am wrong) but entering the 3rd round means they have a high chance of a good team and they will get pumped so less points.

Overall you're wrong, but there is some truth in what you say!

Points are accumulated for results achieved by individual teams, but these points are assigned to all Scottish clubs (in terms of the average co-efficient).

Hibs will gain their individual points depending upon which round they reach, e.g. 0.25pts for reaching 1st qu. round, 0.5pts for 2nd qu. round, 1pt for 3rd qu. round and 1.5pts for play-off round...

It makes no difference whether they get a bye to the 3rd round beat some diddy team to get there. :thumbsup:

Congrats to Dundee Utd. Of our main rivals I think they're one of our more agreeable adversaries. Agree? They finished 3rd this season, deservedly, so who can begrudge it to them?

pretty much how i see it mate

Tiberius Stinkfinger

No, Heroes.

Yew?

Heroes are rather tasty chocolates and a Yew is a Tree.

Are you trying to be smart ?

Ah, but don't Hibs have some wonderful record of not winning a European tie for years and years, so the later round they start in the higher the chance that they'll extend that excellent statistic.

Guest Atticus

Heroes are rather tasty chocolates and a Yew is a Tree.

Are you trying to be smart ?

srsly?

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

x

Seems I'm too late to edit...

There you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C._in_Europe

They've not won a proper tie (ie not intertattie, although they have only won 1 out of 4 of them) since 1989, although given how **** they are that's still actually only four season's worth of European football.

So, I've been to as many away European matches since 2003 as Hibs have had European ties in my entire lifetime.

:teehee:

The Scottish Cup is always gonna be a top hope from any season - any knock out competition is a bit of a lottery but one we can win if things go our way. Anything can happen when the old firm get booted out of the tournament, let's hope that continues for another season and then you never know. In the meantime, needless to say JJ will be happy to see us push for 4th. Would be churlish to take that for granted

Was at the game today and I have to say I was embarrassed that Dundee Utd managed to finish third in the SPL and win the cup. It was long ball and nothing else. Apart from being bigger and a bit quicker, they had very little on County and the standard of attacking football was woeful. To be fair, they closed down quickly and well, but when they got the ball it was just punted up to the front. Any team that would consider Garry Kenneth to be its ball playing centre back should be shot! Its almost as bad as the Hibs hype this praise for Dundee Utd and their team and just shows you how weak Scottish football is. They'll go nowhere in Europe, guaranteed!

I was at the game reporting today for the radio firm i work for in the press area (cant say press box anymore lol!), Shame for Ross County they werent in it really, United thoroughly deserved the victory and thats football, we had our day in 2006 and hopefully again very very soon...but really Ross County never Kicked a ball...

Mon the Hearts Make it ours next year!!!!

I was at the game reporting today for the radio firm i work for in the press area (cant say press box anymore lol!), Shame for Ross County they werent in it really, United thoroughly deserved the victory and thats football, we had our day in 2006 and hopefully again very very soon...but really Ross County never Kicked a ball...

Mon the Hearts Make it ours next year!!!!

Almost effortless.

As an aside, the wife was there today. Arab from youth, family that played for the club and a team player.

I hated it. Proper hated it.

We are Hearts, and whilst we have no right to be up there, when it is United vs County, I feel a little short changed. Hearts, don't let us down this year, I cannot live with her if we are to be belittled so next year.

Guest C00l K1d

Can i just say congratulations to Dundee utd!! Well done for winning the cup,, was in Glasgow town today and was great to see Dundee utd and Ross county fans walking down Buchanan st having a great time.... Nice to see the town filled with orange and white and dark blue.... Obviously wished it was us but was genuinley happy seeing them taking over Glasgow. Maybe it's the drink talking but well done the tangerines!! Hope they have a good home coming parade.....

rangers fan imo :thumbsup::rolleyes::whistling:

Well done Dundee United, delighted for them.

Non singer - Gorgie Stand.

I can't stand Dungdeh Hivernians and hope they go bust. :verymad:

Certain KBers love-in with the opposition is stomach churning. :yucky:

Archived