MAFIA: Ashes to Ashes

Harry Palmer

Geoff Kilpatrick

My shoes are fecking awesome.

That is all I have to dsay on that matter.

Every time I hear about these shoes, all that comes into my head is Billy Connolly's Big Banana Feet! :laugh:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My shoes are fecking awesome.

Aha...but can they beat these...

I got given a gift of a pair of these

pump.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Off to bed. Usual line - vote for me is a waste of time etc

Honestly not caring. I'm a townie in 1981. Thankfully I'm not Scouse so need to go to Toxteth for a riot!

the shoes on this thread are ugly as feck, truly awful footwear, even for the 80s and honestly may well be a voteable offence

I could just about picture them with this ensemble...

17275.jpg

I'm moist. :10600:

Hopefully not in a Stantonesque manner...

:laugh: Nah.

I would kill for that suit though.

portobellojambo1

the shoes on this thread are ugly as feck, truly awful footwear, even for the 80s and honestly may well be a voteable offence

Thing is Bev Lasith wasn't wearing his in the 1980's, in fact his parents were probably still teenagers in the early 80's, he was wearing them to away matches last season.

Goon list purely at random

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

10. portobellojambo1

13. Beverley

21. Seats

and for now vote PJ1

although Lasith is looking dodgy purely for his honking footwear

That was the song I was referring to earlier. This song helped me become a Jambo :)

Out of complete curiosity can I ask how exactly Yvonne?

My first memories of Tynecastle are from the ill fated season of 85/86. It rubber sealed my passion for the club for life. Here are a couple of tunes I will always associate with our glorious run back then.

Good times :thumbsup:

Indeed, a great season. Just finished re-watching the cup final, and it's heartbreaking :(

Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI6r6APUwK0

:)

yvonnejambo

Out of complete curiosity can I ask how exactly Yvonne?

Had my 1st proper snog at a party to that song and with the boy who I fancied for ages. He was Hearts daft and played for the junior team with them. It was through him I started following Hearts :)

Had my 1st proper snog at a party to that song and with the boy who I fancied for ages. He was Hearts daft and played for the junior team with them. It was through him I started following Hearts :)

lol that's a good one :thumbsup:

Just as well no fella I've been associated with has influenced my choice in football team. Filth and vermin the lot of them :yucky:

Thankfully I've smartened up and wouldn't consider entertaining another one unless he bleeds maroon :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

I have to say Scotland has posted most of the tunes I would have so I feel no need to...

Honking shoes Lasith. Fashion has certainly improved since the early 80's.....

Anyway, continue..

(I've just spent time watching the 98 cup final and getting really nervous during the last 10mins.... :sweat: plus Craig Broon was doing my nut in so I had to shout a few times as well.. :teehee: )

Votes...

Geoff-2

pj1-2

Frenchie-1

blairdin-1

Lasith-1

Loads of folk to vote and a couple still to post....

(I've just spent time watching the 98 cup final and getting really nervous during the last 10mins.... :sweat: plus Craig Broon was doing my nut in so I had to shout a few times as well.. :teehee: )

Watched it quite recently, myself. Even though you know the score, you keep thinking they're going to get back :blink:

I've just been watching the highlights JR. I was nearly in tears with pride...cracking stuff :thumbsup:

Any time I watch that, the last 10 mins still feel utter torture. One of life's mysteries how all of us managed to survive it :D

One of the best film themes, although good to see Rocky already mentioned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cryQE1YS3Vo

Completely random vote for now

Vote Roscoe

Rick Grimes

afternoon all - apologies for not checking in yesterday, but I was dying on the sofa pretty much all day :)

anyway, had a quick scout of the thread and its just the usual early waffle as far as i can see. so..........

vote Bev

cos I always do :laugh:

steal my number JT and then vote me as always

:(

i'm heartbroken unsure.gif

Rudi Skacel

Suprised no one has put in any ABBA songs. I suspect they will be a guilty pleasure to some of our older members :P

Anyway vote geoff for no other reason than the fact i really want to go to Oz but cant, so im jealous.

Harry Palmer

when is the deadline actually?

I think kitster said 10pm and if she's happy with that then I'm happy...

Votes...

Geoff-3

pj1-2

Frenchie-2

Lasith-1

Beverley-1

blairdin-1

Martin-1

Roscoe-1

i have no idea who is is who other than myself, who is simply a townie so i'll follow my usual modus operandus and vote vonny

jambosean75

1981 - i would of been six and even then with a kids taste for bright and shiny things wouldn't have worn some of the shoes shown on here.

jambosean75

vote lasith for some exceptionally dodgy shoes.

has to be a goon

I had a pair of luminous yellow ankle boots in the 80s. I thought they were the mutts nuts at the time, however, on reflection they really weren't one of my best fashion moments :thumbsup:

i can better than kits!

in the later part of the 80s i had a canary yellow tartan trouser suit that i got in the wee boutique in dalkeith. i thought i was the shiznit!

oh, and a sky blue flying suit all in one from the same shop!!!!!

Haha!! Cracking stuff Missus!! :thumbsup:

Aaahhhh......but did you have the Hearts tracksuit that looked like it was made from bacofoil??

I did..was my pride and joy. I've kept it so I can attempt to humiliate my son into wearing it. :rolleyes:

:lol:

yvonnejambo

Well if this game is going on peoples taste of music I will be not voting off Roscoe or Scotland (until I spot something really goonly about them).

Think I will target the ones with very dodgy pop tunes followed by the ac/dc lovers :)

yvonnejambo

and if we are going by fashion it was more the late 80s when I went through the proper 80s fashion disasters like my multi coloured hoodie and baggy dungarees (im not a lesbian before anyone asks). Then my stage of pretty much all my clothes being bright pink including numerous pairs of pink stilettos and lycra mini dress!

Vote : Flux

A rondom selection from the people who have no fashion sense.

Haha!! Cracking stuff Missus!! thumbsup.gif

Aaahhhh......but did you have the Hearts tracksuit that looked like it was made from bacofoil??

I did..was my pride and joy. I've kept it so I can attempt to humiliate my son into wearing it. rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

If you do that, I'll personally make sure the wee fella knows exactly who Childline are, what they do and how to reach them... thumbsup.gif

If you do that, I'll personally make sure the wee fella knows exactly who Childline are, what they do and how to reach them... thumbsup.gif

Spoil sport :P

Harry Palmer

OK...

Geoff-3

pj1-2

Frenchie-2

Lasith-2

blairdin-1

Bev-1

Martin-1

Roscoe-1

yvonne-1