Warning to fellow Sons of Gorgie: The Bridge of Doom.

S.N.T.H.

I have received specific threats that Saturday will be the day that Hibernian's infamous Gay-rights group; the Casual Soccer Firm will definitely be waiting to pounce on each and every Heart of Midlothian fan that dares to cross the 'Bridge of Doom' on the way to Easter Road. We will all be "gettin pure done proper like the Huns last week, Deeks brother is even oot for a scrap".

I felt the threat serious enough to relay to everyone on this site. Let's face it, we've all felt intimidated, scared and worried when crossing the bridge in the past; Indeed it was once recommended to crawl over the Bridge in groups of three to avoid serious injury.

On this occasion, Hearts and Hubs fans will be crossing at the same time, so please watch also for any dirty needles being stabbed into one's back.

STAY STRONG FELLOW JAMBOS, AND REMEMBER REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE TICKET OFFICE IF ONE FEELS UNWILLING TO TAKE THE RISK ON THIS OCCASION. :thumbsup:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a Game

What are the "specific " threats you alluded to, because what youve posted seems more like a routine "general" threat which served no purpose other than A. Giving morons the oxygen of publicity and the false aura of something to be feared (even though you rubbished the aura) and B. Makes you look like you're in the know for matters like this which isnt terribly big or clever either.

If there a more specific threat perhaps you'd expand so that those who prefer to avoid being in the presence of such shennanigans have the choice to avoid the possibility.

BTW Deeks wee brother wont be anywhere near ER on Saturday. He'll be playing for his boys club team in a semi final. FACT.

Is the threat of being done-in not sufficient enough for you to report?

Yes, yes, i am 'in the know' for matters not big and not clever. Busted, well done. That's why you're a Policeman OaG, good work!

This place is no ordinary bridge; folk may be seriously hurt.

PS. It's a bit creepy that you're in the know RE: Riordan's brothers' whereabouts. Each to their own, i suppose.

Only a Game

Is the threat of being done-in not sufficient enough for you to report?

Yes, yes, i am 'in the know' for matters not big and not clever. Busted, well done. That's why you're a Policeman OaG, good work!

This place is no ordinary bridge; folk may be seriously hurt.

See thats not very clever either because I'm not.

Only a Game

PS. It's a bit creepy that you're in the know RE: Riordan's brothers' whereabouts. Each to their own, i suppose.

Its hardly creepy. Ive known the family for years. He's actually quite a nice laddie. (unlike the majority of his family I'll grant you)

I have received specific threats that Saturday will be the day that Hibernian's infamous Gay-rights group; the Casual Soccer Firm will definitely be waiting to pounce on each and every Heart of Midlothian fan that dares to cross the 'Bridge of Doom' on the way to Easter Road. We will all be "gettin pure done proper like the Huns last week, Deeks brother is even oot for a scrap".

I felt the threat serious enough to relay to everyone on this site. Let's face it, we've all felt intimidated, scared and worried when crossing the bridge in the past; Indeed it was once recommended to crawl over the Bridge in groups of three to avoid serious injury.

On this occasion, Hearts and Hubs fans will be crossing at the same time, so please watch also for any dirty needles being stabbed into one's back.

STAY STRONG FELLOW JAMBOS, AND REMEMBER REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE TICKET OFFICE IF ONE FEELS UNWILLING TO TAKE THE RISK ON THIS OCCASION. :thumbsup:

That should be some scrap Hearts fans vs Hearts casuals

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.

Not bothered. I'm trying to put out a serious message here, and you're trying to promote Riordan's brother's football game? This a Hearts forum.

Go in groups guys, Go in groups.

Please say Im not the only one who read the OP as the obligatory Bridge of doom thread in advance of any derby at Fester Road?

I'm in the know. I've read some books on hooliganism. CCS/CSF it's all relative.

PS. I've watched Green Street and Football Factory btw. Good knowledge. :geek:

Only a Game

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.

Not bothered. I'm trying to put out a serious message here, and you're trying to promote Riordan's brother's football game? This a Hearts forum.

Go in groups guys, Go in groups.

Yeh go in groups and be sure to attract attention to yourselves.

Or you could just meet your mate(s)as usual, have a few beers as usual and walk along Bothwell Street trouble free as usual, like you do at every other derby (Thats what Ive been doing for the last 35 years anyway)

Yeh go in groups and be sure to attract attention to yourselves.

Or you could just meet your mate(s)as usual, have a few beers as usual and walk along Bothwell Street trouble free as usual, like you do at every other derby (Thats what Ive been doing for the last 35 years anyway)

That won't be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a Game

That won't be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make your mind up. They are either a subject for ridicule, no threat whatsoever except to the equally ridiculous pavement dancers on our side or they're a dangerous bunch of young men best avoided and best countered by travelling in big safe groups ?

Doctor FinnBarr

Make your mind up. They are either a subject for ridicule, no threat whatsoever except to the equally ridiculous pavement dancers on our side or they're a dangerous bunch of young men best avoided and best countered by travelling in big safe groups ?

Groups of young men, really Sir?

Care to blow them Sir?

laugh.gif

back to the late 70's then whistling.gif

Whooooosh?

:thumbsup:

Woooooshtastic! Good work SNTH.

I won't be at this derby but I find rubbing yersel doon wi nutella and drawing needle marks on your elblowjoints usually fools them long enough for you to get over the bridge as "yin o thum". the added bonus is that a ladyfriend can later lick off the nutella! or yer dug if you use bovril.

sorry for the ignorance but when was the last time anyone was attacked on the bridge of doom?

The date has been recorded on the Bridge: 1916.

I have just physically shat myself simply by reading the OP.

That is the power of the written word.

About as unfunny as unfunny can get, I see I haven't missed much being banned from here recently.

What an absolute snorefest of a post.

I'm so scared that I'm leaving the city for the day.

You can't be too careful.

Likewise. After a carefully conducted risk assessment I came to the conclusion that I'd be much safer in Belfast. However, my thoughts and prayers will be with the brave souls who dare to venture down Bothwell Street.

May the sauce be with you.

About as unfunny as unfunny can get, I see I haven't missed much being banned from here recently.

Ouch. :laugh:

Chad Sexington

Simon-Cowell.jpg

:teehee:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Better than a grown man being in a flute band, to be fair.

Walter Bishop

Pictures from the last know "Bridge of Doom" incident,

stock-photo-cesis-latvia-june-knight-sword-fight-on-wooden-bridge-during-the-medieval-festival-livonia-31827688.jpg

This was around the last time the Scottish cup was seen in Leith.

Mr Brightside

So much in the know that he calls the Hibs casuals the CSF!!!!!

I can't believe that anybody is taking the OP as a serious post.

Wooooosh.

scottish_chicP

I am meant to be going but after reading this post I am just too frightened. Anyone want my ticket? unsure.gifYeah Right!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So much in the know that he calls the Hibs casuals the CSF!!!!!

"The know"... rolleyes.gif

I just don't think he is nawtee eenuff, still, shouldn't mug the boy in public, blood, innit!

Is there a newsletter and fixture chart if you are in the know enough? laugh.gif

gorgie_rebel

Just heard from someone in the "know"

He said

"Allo mush It's Danny."

"Listen....... just got word that it's awll gowin dahn on the bridge Saturday, and I don't mind tellin yer mate....me bums squeakin a little bit abaht it!!

It's gonna be nawty! and I do mean Pwopah Pwopah Nawty"!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just heard from someone in the "know"

He said

"Allo mush It's Danny."

"Listen....... just got word that it's awll gowin dahn on the bridge Saturday, and I don't mind tellin yer mate....me bums squeakin a little bit abaht it!!

It's gonna be nawty! and I do mean Pwopah Pwopah Nawty"!!

Word bro, me cuz over on the west-side tell's ays that there is gonna be right ol' barny... There will be soldiers from the two firms givin it a pwopah ol' ding-dong, me ol' china.

laugh.gif

And trailing an internet forum to have a go at any posts you don't like.

How utterly pathetic.

Guest juvehearts

so do you reckon someone will be a you tube sensation come 3pm, crossing the bridge of doom on saturday.

as floyd mayweather once said... oooooh im sooooo scared

juve

Miller Jambo 60

I'm so scared that I'm leaving the city for the day.

You can't be too careful.

Bridge of doom eh, puts fear in to me likes, might get out my bed to watch it on tv.

Im shakin thinkin about it.

Doug, Shakin wreck of a Gorgie Boyverymad.gif

And trailing an internet forum to have a go at any posts you don't like.

How utterly pathetic.

When I find something I like I'll praise it :unsure:

:laugh: Boom!

laugh.gif

OFFFFFFFTTTTTTT that's me told, must not support my culture or heritage...................................

Miller Jambo 60

OFFFFFFFTTTTTTT that's me told, must not support my culture or heritage...................................

Not on KB mate, you know what some of them are like on here.

Cant even say HELLO without someone getting their drawers in a twist.

Doug.

Not on KB mate, you know what some of them are like on here.

Cant even say HELLO without someone getting their drawers in a twist.

Doug.

It wasn't even mentioned, yet some on here can't help themselves to comment on it. Quite sad that they keep bringing it up.

Im in the cupboard under the stairs just now. Hope ma PC dusnae conk out or i`ll have nae light....then i`ll really be sheighting masel thinking of the B.O.D.

Guest Atticus

I'll be parachuting in to avoid getting a slap of some old Hibs dinosaur:

526613573_307c68ae86.jpg?v=0

Amirite?

(Not actually going to the game)

Seymour M Hersh

I'm in the know. I've read some books on hooliganism. CCS/CSF it's all relative.

PS. I've watched Green Street and Football Factory btw. Good knowledge. :geek:

Pwopah knowledge some may say.

JamboCampbell

Nobody think the Police will have a couple plods on the bridge na, therefore nae chance of a scrap of any kind??

Just me then.....

One day on from hearing the news and i have been sent home from work for soiling myself at the very thought of the bridge.

Should i go or not? God this is stressful.??!

Archived