Oh, and Boof, get your predictions in!

BOOF,

The above, get predicting.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

What's bs?

boof had this idea games and games ago that whoever is the cop investigate the next person on the player list(I think, maybe it was the previous player :S) that way the masons would be able to figure out who the cop is after the first night's investigation. ?

I don't like it because I think it can also give too much info to the goons, particularly if the cop investigates a goon on night one, there is pretty much nowt that can be done with that info without compromising the cop. ?I am in the minority in this regard though. ?

boof had this idea games and games ago that whoever is the cop investigate the next person on the player list(I think, maybe it was the previous player :S) that way the masons would be able to figure out who the cop is after the first night's investigation. ?

I don't like it because I think it can also give too much info to the goons, particularly if the cop investigates a goon on night one, there is pretty much nowt that can be done with that info without compromising the cop. ?I am in the minority in this regard though. ?

You and I both.

Commander Harris

vote commander harris

unusually high post count for this stage (or any point) of the game...

yup, ?simply down to the fact that I've sat out the last 3 or 4 games and this means I'm actually interested for a change. ?:)

not unusually high compared to my last townie game where I led the post count until I was eliminated. ?or my old posting habits when I started playing this game. ?It's fair to say I've been too quiet in many recent games, just glad I seem to have my mafia mojo for this one.? :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

You and I both.

that's where the masons and the cop have to cool their jets and play the long game, whether they can be trusted to do that remains to be seen. still think bs can be useful though

Commander Harris

righto, that's me off to enjoy a pre-match pint in the sun. ?:)

will probably be out most of the day now so will check in late this evening or Sunday am. ?

portobellojambo1

Quick change of vote before I head off for a few pre match refreshments, and it's all down to the predictor game. Losing games you have to accept will happen, potentially losing through failing to predict, out of order, unvote flux, vote Boof.

Harry Palmer

Votes so far....

Boof-3

Martin-2

Kick-Ass-2

Commander Harris-1

THAITB-1

Geoff-1

milky-1

Now time for some beer in the sun.... :thumbsup:

:ninja:

Predictions have been emailed to Uly, along with the others I've had to collate so calm doon!!

BS works best when the moderator reveals as little as possible about the investigation for night 1 - i.e. just says 'someone was investigated'.

Then, for nights 2 and onwards reveals as much as possible about the investigations e.g. 'a goon was investigated'

Have we had a player list yet?

Chris Benoit

Predictions have been emailed to Uly, along with the others I've had to collate so calm doon!!

BS works best when the moderator reveals as little as possible about the investigation for night 1 - i.e. just says 'someone was investigated'.

Then, for nights 2 and onwards reveals as much as possible about the investigations e.g. 'a goon was investigated'

that's wrong though, the moderator should give the same amount of information every day and give no preference to either group

Geoff Kilpatrick

Phew!

Go and PM them to me then please!

Harry Palmer

I could direct Boof to post 7 on page 1 but I'll just copy it here....

Player list....

0. Flux's Happy Number

1. Scott Pilgrim?

2. jambosean75

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

4. YvonneJambo

6. Beverley

7. Seats

8. Scotland

10 Kitster

11. Kick Ass

12. portobellojambo1

13. Deek

14. Roscoe1874

15. Commander Harris

17. Boof

20.THAITB

22. Martin

25.milky_26

Ah, yes we have.

0. Flux's Happy Number

1. Scott Pilgrim?

2. jambosean75

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

4. YvonneJambo

6. Beverley

7. Seats

8. Scotland

10 Kitster

11. Kick Ass

12. portobellojambo1

13. Deek

14. Roscoe1874

15. Commander Harris

17. Boof

20.THAITB

22. Martin

25.milky_26

As far as I can see the only people who needn't worry about BS being used are me (since CH won't find a goon if I'm investigated) and THAITB (since I'm not the cop).

But in order to muddy the goonly waters, I'll claim that I will use it so that the goons won't know quite where to look if Jack reveals that a goon was hit on night 1.

To be honest the best scenario is if the cop uses BS and investigates a mason and Jack reveals only the fact that an investigation was carried out - that way the masons can work out who the cop is and the cop will know one mason who will be able to get the 'who the other masons are' information over to the cop.

For now, given the turnaround in wanting BS used...Vote Deek

Although Scott Pilgrim may not be far behind.

Goon list time, I reckon. Just a quick re-read first and then I'll collate one.

that's wrong though, the moderator should give the same amount of information every day and give no preference to either group

Yeah - I know.

Just pointing out the best case scenario...I don't actually expect any moderator to actually do that (i.e. my suggestion), nice though it would be :D

I certainly wouldn't.

Chris Benoit

For now, given the turnaround in wanting BS used...Vote Deek

Although Scott Pilgrim may not be far behind.

Goon list time, I reckon. Just a quick re-read first and then I'll collate one.

how do you work out that i might be a goon for pointing out the flaws in your argument, got yourself a few votes so now your trying to throw some mud around to see where it sticks, well here's one more

unvote milky

vote boof

how do you work out that i might be a goon for pointing out the flaws in your argument, got yourself a few votes so now your trying to throw some mud around to see where it sticks, well here's one more

Because I'd already pointed out that it was the best-case scenario so you weren't exactly pointing out anything new.

And you've been keen to use BS in the past when either a cop or mason. Now (like Deek) you're not keen to use it therefore that's 4 good roles you more than likely aren't. That only leaves 1 good role - Doc - (unless I've boobed...will go back to OP once I've posted this) and 4 bad ones.

Or you could be unroled.

I'm finding you slightly dodgy purely for the BS turnaround - it may come back and bite you on the ass in future games when you are the cop or mason and say that you'd use it. The goons could pick up on that and whack accordingly.

The more people who claim that they'd use it, the more difficult it is for the goons to try and work out who it is however Jack reveals the info.

Not only that...if night 1 does reveal a goon...all we need to do is see who the goons target in subsequent nights and consider using reverse BS.

It would be exceedingly ironic to find you a townie after all this -however such is the way of many day 1s in the past - the goons hide and the rest of us go around accusing and lynching each other.

I don't like it because I think it can also give too much info to the goons, particularly if the cop investigates a goon on night one, there is pretty much nowt that can be done with that info without compromising the cop. I am in the minority in this regard though.

This is quite a crucial bit. If the cop does hit a goon on night 1, obviously they will be signing their own whack warrant if they go in all guns blazing and finger-pointingly accusative.

It's the slowly slowly catchee monkey scenario.

Let the masons have the info and trust them to deal with it in as cop-protecting a manner as they can.

I do appreciate I'm setting myself up for a night-whack here as the goons won't want a Scooby Do type pesky kid (ahem!!) hindering their town-taking-over plans. I won't be a big loss to the town, other than being involved in the game, however if they do waste a night whack on me that's one less they've got for the really good guys.

I could direct Boof to post 7 on page 1 but I'll just copy it here....

Player list....

0. Flux's Happy Number

1. Scott Pilgrim?

2. jambosean75

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

4. YvonneJambo

6. Beverley

7. Seats

8. Scotland

10 Kitster

11. Kick Ass

12. portobellojambo1

13. Deek

14. Roscoe1874

15. Commander Harris

17. Boof

20.THAITB

22. Martin

25.milky_26

And a post count

Commander Harris 12

Boof 10

Scott Pilgrim 8

Geoff Kilpatrick 8

Scotland 4

Deek 3

portobellojambo1 3

flux 3

seats 2

Roscoe1874 2

yvonnejambo 2

jambosean75 1

thehibsareintheirbeds 1

Kick-Ass 1

Martin 1

kitster 1

C'mon folks - get posting.

By the way, Jack...have you set any goon tasks?

Nothing to do with the game, but had my kids out at the park this morning. Heading home got a message from a Celtic suppporting mate - "we are sh*t and now everyone knows it!" was thinking to myself, "that sounds promising" smile.gif FPMSL!!!!

that's where the masons and the cop have to cool their jets and play the long game, whether they can be trusted to do that remains to be seen. still think bs can be useful though

Ah, see, this post has you slipping down my dodgy list - even though it's obvious, it doesn't hurt to point it out.

So...first goon-list from me

Deek - BS turnaround

Roscoe - throwaway jokey vote for me...similar style to last game when he was a goon

and 2 others...

Maybe Scotland and Kick-Ass, but could be anybody

Chris Benoit

unvote boof

not against bs and i've never said once it shouldn't be used all i said was if a goons found day 1 the masons and cop can't start a lynch day 2 cos it's suicide.

not against bs and i've never said once it shouldn't be used all i said was if a goons found day 1 the masons and cop can't start a lynch day 2 cos it's suicide.

I can't for the life of me see why I did think you'd said you were against it...Mr Belhaven may have to take some of the blame.

Totally agree that the masons and cop have to play it so so carefully if BS is used and it shows a goon. Having said that, the goons can't just go and start knocking off everyone 1 place above them on the player list. Then again they just might...Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh - I think I prefer moderating :laugh:

Harry Palmer

Vote update...

Martin-3

Boof-2

Kick Ass-2

Deek-1

Commander Harris-1

THAITB-1

Geoff-1

Plenty time yet of course...

Time for some refreshing and most likely enjoyable beers! :thumbsup:

jambosean75

interesting wee debate between boof & marty.

trying to help the town or muddy the waters to hide their goonliness?

Chris Benoit

Well can't speak for Boof but I'm just a townie and anyway I'm far too good at this game to waste my time with silly double bluffs like that :ninja:

Evening! How good is Doctor Who? I've never been a fan but said today I was gonna to try junior with it tonight as It's better than kids channels! It worked and he loves it.

Anyway no clues folks and I'm back tonight.

Help the town, of course.

Folk who have been goons with me will recognise that this is totally ungoonly behaviour from me...I'm aye much quieter and more careful what I post.

And when I said 'Help the town' obviously I can't speak for Marty / Frenchie / Scott Pilgrim since I don't know what he is.

Just back Guys - Some fantastic results today! thumbsup.gif

Yeah, well voting for me ain't one of 'em angry.gif

vote Boof yes you do! if you feck our result up this week I won't be happy!

That bit in red there...how could I possibly know what Scott is?

He might be a goon, but he hasn't appeared particularly goonly to me...and I wouldn't know that.

He might be good-roled.

That you feel able to vote for me under the guise of being grumpy about the Predictor has shot you right up my dodgy list.

I think Yvonne's goon-list idea is a good one - and having moderated the last game, I have a bit of an inkling how folk use them.

All I can urge fellow townies is to read what I've written. Then, if you still find me goonly, vote.

It's frustrating as hell to be just about the only person posting and being voted for as a result.

Harry Palmer

These threads always confuse me.

:mellow:

They confuse me most of the time as well.... :teehee:

Remember folks, deadline is 9pm tomorrow.. :thumbsup:

Gigalo-aunt join a game and be confused even more...... thumbsup.gif

nah, once you've played it at least makes a bit of sense.

As I don't like name changes and dunno who anyone is I'll VOTE KICK-ASS

Archived