Gay Parents

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Gaylords? Lezzers?

It's vernacular, not meant as an insult.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know the ol punishment if ye get caught smoking, smoke your way through all these ciggarettes til yer sick of smoking. Id apply that logic if my son came out. Id bum the **** out of him til he didnt want to get bummed no more. Teach that little fairy a lesson.

Stern Parenting. thumbsup.gif

You know the ol punishment if ye get caught smoking, smoke your way through all these ciggarettes til yer sick of smoking. Id apply that logic if my son came out. Id bum the **** out of him til he didnt want to get bummed no more. Teach that little fairy a lesson.

gosh, you're a bugger of a parent.

nothing, and I repeat, nothing would ever stop me loving them.

That is very very worrying. Have you no moral compass? :unsure:

jambojackbilly

Not that i would know :thumbsup: but i just cant understand why anyone would want to stick their thingy in a pile of Jobby's :yucky::down:

you pretty much lost the argument when you stated that homosexuality was as bad as murder

then you compounded it by saying they were more likely to be abused because a parent was gay

Um, don't think I said that. :rolleyes:

jambojackbilly

Hilarious

Miller Jambo 60

For the parents on here.

How would you feel if your child came out as gay/lesbian. Would you be ok with it, I'd hope so because you love your children unconditionally. Now when they are older. Would you like grandchildren? Would your personal feelings for your own child change your wider opinion of gay adoption and homosexuality?

Wouldn't you want your child to be happy, and if they were in a same-sex relationship and wanted a child. I'm sure you'd want them to be happy.

If any of my sons turned out gay which obvously i think will not happen , i would stick by them that would be the easy bit.

Living with it would be difficult, TBH cant see it happening.

blondejamtart

That is very very worrying. Have you no moral compass? unsure.gif

Of course I do - but as a mother, I cannot imagine ever not loving my children. It is a very difficult thing to explain to a man, but once you've carried that child inside you for nine months and given birth to it, you would die to protect it and your love for it is (or at least, should be) unconditional. It's a very basic, primeval instinct. If either of my children were to commit some heinous crime, obviously I would be horrified, but I still cannot comprehend that it would change my basic, maternal love for them.

It is a very difficult thing to explain to a man.

Sexist condescending post IMO. :(

Miller Jambo 60

Not that i would know thumbsup.gif but i just cant understand why anyone would want to stick their thingy in a pile of Jobby's yucky.gifdown.gif

laugh.gif Thats one way of looking at itlaugh.gif TBH their hormones must be all over the shop.

blondejamtart

Sexist condescending post IMO. sad.gif

How is it? Given that you're not likely to conceive a child, carry it for nine months inside you and then give birth to it, how can you actually know what that is like? It's a fact of life, just as I'm never likely to experience the pain of being kicked in the balls, so it would be pointless for you to try to explain that to me...

How is it? Given that you're not likely to conceive a child, carry it for nine months inside you and then give birth to it, how can you actually know what that is like? It's a fact of life, just as I'm never likely to experience the pain of being kicked in the balls, so it would be pointless for you to try to explain that to me...

A parent is a parent, irrespective of sex. If you're seriously suggesting you could forgive your kids anything just because you carried them then you have a mental problem.

Unfortunately I cannot explain the "kick in the balls" scenario even if you could understand as I have never experienced it myself. I always get my retaliation in first. :thumbsup:

blondejamtart

I didn't say I could forgive them anything - I said I would never stop loving them, there's a difference. Anyway, by attacking my parental skills, you're nicely deflecting attention away from your original arguments, are you not? whistling.gif

I didn't say I could forgive them anything - I said I would never stop loving them[/img]

So if one of your kids invaded the house of a 98 year old lady who had flown Spitfires as a ferry pilot in WW2 and won the DFC, killed her dog, cut her arms and legs off, and stole her savings from her mattress you would still love him/her?

davemclaren

So if one of your kids invaded the house of a 98 year old lady who had flown Spitfires as a ferry pilot in WW2 and won the DFC, killed her dog, cut her arms and legs off, and stole her savings from her mattress you would still love him/her?

You have a vivid imagination. :blink:

Anyway, I still say your openly anti-gay posts hide some inner turmoil. :rolleyes:

blondejamtart

Depends, which one of the many female WWII Spitfire pilots and DFC medal recipients would we be talking about here, then?

Just wandering, what do you fele is wrong about being gay? Other than jsut saying that it's not natural. Flying isn't natural but you seem to do it quite frequently with your BA's and your QATAR's. So what is wrong with it?

Miller Jambo 60

still waiting for proof as to why homosexuality is not natural. i've proven why it is, if you could try and back up your claims that would be nice.

(ps I hope you'll have more respect for nature next time you get in a plane and start flying)

If it was natural, no more humans, bye bye population.

why do you think its natural, i would like to know, good thread thisthumbsup.gif

If it was natural, no more humans, bye bye population.

why do you think its natural, i would like to know, good thread thisthumbsup.gif

dozens of animals in the wild are homosexual. it is very much a part of nature and, as humans are animals, it is natural for humans to be gay.

you realise there is a difference between some people being gay and everyone being gay right? because your post indicates you dont.

this_is_my_story

Given his monicker, the OP could really just have summed up by quoting his namesake:

"It's just, as I see it, God created Adam and Eve. He didn't create Adam and Steve." :laugh:

Seriously though, I just don't think it's right. Many on this thread have speculated as to what's natural and what isn't. Shaun has argued that because homosexuality occurs in nature, it's natural. Whilst that's a difficult argument to counter, where do we draw the line with regard to what's natural and what isn't? What about zoophilia? One could argue that it's a practice which occurs in nature, but would we consider it 'natural'?

Look at it this way - to be perfectly blunt about it, females have the part that nature lets us males fit our part into. And regardless of any views on anal sex, Therapist has rightly pointed out that the anus, as was intended by nature, is an exit route - not an entry route. Therefore, anal sex can surely be defined as unnatural. And, if we're to go by the definition of the word 'unnatural'- "Deviating from a behavioural or social norm" - I think it's fair to conclude that in this case, the 'social norm' would be heterosexuality, and that homosexuality can therefore be branded unnatural, or abnormal.

Again, it's all about nature here - and it's nature that allows a man and a woman to conceive a child between them. And in most cases it's natural for that man and woman to want to bring up, and care for that child. So for those very reasons, like it or not, having a mother and a father is nature's way - and I think it should stay that way.

Naturally.

Miller Jambo 60

I was at the 2 births ,that was worse than 9 months pregnancy, honestly BJT.whistling.gif

Forcewhistling.gif ps etc nearly faintedthumbsup.gif

Doug. Certainly bonded.

Just watching This Morning and they are interviewing two gay guys....

Being comfortable watching "This Morning" is more controversial than gay parenting IMO .

Miller Jambo 60

dozens of animals in the wild are homosexual. it is very much a part of nature and, as humans are animals, it is natural for humans to be gay.

you realise there is a difference between some people being gay and everyone being gay right? because your post indicates you dont.

laugh.gif Aye true enough. But more gays less people , i am right.

TBH the only prob i have wi them is the ones that think its barry to be gay, like its a great thing to bewoot.gif

I dont boast about being normal.

Homosexual couples have to adopt the kids as they cannot make thier own (obviously)

This means they go through the full Vetting process that every Adpoting couple goes through and because of that are better parents than the ***** lowlifes you read about in the papers.

laugh.gif Aye true enough. But more gays less people , i am right.

Fair dos, but over population is a huge threat to the world so, by your logic, more gays is a good thing.

So long as your dislike over flamboyant gays works with the other side of the stratum with macho "rugger bugger" types.

Miller Jambo 60

Fair dos, but over population is a huge threat to the world so, by your logic, more gays is a good thing.

So long as your dislike over flamboyant gays works with the other side of the stratum with macho "rugger bugger" types.

Dont like rugger types, loud mate.

this_is_my_story

Homosexual couples have to adopt the kids as they cannot make thier own (obviously)

This means they go through the full Vetting process that every Adpoting couple goes through and because of that are better parents than the ***** lowlifes you read about in the papers.

That's an awfully weak argument though, in the way that it practically insinuates that any couple who haven't undergone vetting procedures for adopting children are '***** lowlifes you read about in the papers'.

Can anyone here offer any credible evidence that the majority (or even a largely significant proportion) of heterosexual couples who've raised their own children are all '******'? Or that said couples are irresponsible, bad parents?

the fact is good parents are good parent, and bad parents are bad parents irrespective of whether they are gay, straight or purple with yellow spots, although if they were i think i'd advise them to see a doctor about the purple spotty thing!

Just a question for the guys and gals that dont think gays should be allowed to adopt, in the scenario where a married couple with children who then go on to split up and one of the parents enters into a civil partnership should they be denied the right to look after the kids?

Nothing personally against homosexuals, if they want to risk a rectal prolapse and bum rabies in the name of fun then good luck to them. Camp, effeminate, nancy boys on the other hand should be shot on sight, gay or straight.

Adopting a child is a different matter. I just think its's wrong full stop. Granted they may provide a loving home but it shouldn't be allowed. They surrendered their right to become parents when they decided man love was for them.

Just a question for the guys and gals that dont think gays should be allowed to adopt, in the scenario where a married couple with children who then go on to split up and one of the parents enters into a civil partnership should they be denied the right to look after the kids?

Obviously not if their the biological parents, what a stupid question.

Adoptions a totally different issue.

Obviously not if their the biological parents, what a stupid question.

Adoptions a totally different issue.

Why is it a stupid question, you've not actually said why. If its wrong to be raised by gays whats the difference?

(and i was trying to create a reductio ad absurdum situation, which is why it may appear ridiculous)

just thinking through differently.

Its not ridiculous. What if the above scenario is altered to the situation where the parents have split, one has come out, got married and given some form of custody of the kids. What would happen if they want to then adopt too? Should they not be allowed to adopt? Surely if they are worthy of raising one set of kids then why not another?

Era Macaroons

Gay parents ?? are you serious? what they canny breed they canny have :blink:

be as bent as you like....but dont adopt what u cant breed.

Why is it a stupid question, you've not actually said why. If its wrong to be raised by gays whats the difference?

(and i was trying to create a reductio ad absurdum situation, which is why it may appear ridiculous)

Answer was in the first seven words of my post chief.

just thinking through differently.

Its not ridiculous. What if the above scenario is altered to the situation where the parents have split, one has come out, got married and given some form of custody of the kids. What would happen if they want to then adopt too? Should they not be allowed to adopt? Surely if they are worthy of raising one set of kids then why not another?

Because they're not the biological parents and homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

the fact is good parents are good parent, and bad parents are bad parents irrespective of whether they are gay, straight or purple with yellow spots, although if they were i think i'd advise them to see a doctor about the purple spotty thing!

"irrespective of whether..."

"Everyone has the right to..."

These phrases form part of the modern catechism, unthinkingly chanted.

The concerns are listed in the post you quoted. It's Friday, I can't be bothered going any deeper into them or I'll be here all night.

As for the top bit, people ARE easily offended and will look for anything to jump on. It can't be denied. This thread is a perfect example, no homophobic comments yet it is 'startling' to some.

Where is your frustration at the people who constantly (unfairly) label others homophobes, racists or bigots? Or is it because Shaun is your mate and you're prone to labelling people as well?

The concerns? I listed one concern. The only thing I could find in your post that amounted to a concern, anyway. If it's the absence of female role models that worries you I assume you don't have the same worries when it comes to two gay females adopting? As for not going any deeper into the things you concern you, that's fine....but there's no need to get arsey about other peoples' responses when you're happy to make statements and unwilling to clarify what you mean when other people aren't quite sure how to interpret it.

As for the aforementioned arsey part of your reply to me, I don't even know how to address that. It's a load of nonsense. My point is that labelling people as 'easily offended' is the easy way out of any argument on here at the moment. Seems to me that if people know they're trying to defend the indefensible, the ludicrous or even just the less palatable, that's generally the exit route that they choose. "I don't know how to argue this point...so...er...ding ding...that works here, doesn't it...?"

And yes, Shaun is my mate but I have plenty of other mates on here with whom I regularly disagree. All of them are entirely capable of defending their own standpoints and certainly don't need my help. And btw, if you can find examples of me unfairly labelling people I'd love to see them.

Gay parents ?? are you serious? what they canny breed they canny have blink.gif

be as bent as you like....but dont adopt what u cant breed.

Blatant anti-abandoned puppy post IMO.geek.gif

Because they're not the biological parents and homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

They shouldn't be allowed to adopt because they shouldn't be allowed to adopt doesnt count as an argument.

"irrespective of whether..."

"Everyone has the right to..."

These phrases form part of the modern catechism, unthinkingly chanted.

so, i'm wrong??

a nice gay couple bringing up an adopted child v the likes of baby p's parents??

some people are good parents, some people aren't

sexuality doesn't come into it in any way shape or form.

to say that someone isn't gonna be a good parent just because they happen to be gay is as bad an argument as saying someone won't be a good parent cos they have ginger hair

homosexuality is not something you learn. you either are or your not, and its not a conscious choice

and just for the record i know of a few who wold prefer not to be gay.

They shouldn't be allowed to adopt because they shouldn't be allowed to adopt doesnt count as an argument.

Eh??

Re-read my posts please, can't be ersed repeating what I've said and I'm assuming you can read.

I'd be extremely unhappy if my son was a gay, and would shun all contact. Fortunately he's not.

At least that's what you think

Given the reaction that he could expect he's hardly likely to tell you if he's travelled a few stops on the other bus.

What annoys me is the current culture which says if you object to homosexual practices, you are homophobic. Garbage. Just because you think that a person's particular lifestyle is not ideal, or good for society as a whole, does not mean you would want any harm to befall that person or that you harbour hatred towards them.

There seems to be a growing attack on freedom of speech in this regard. IMO as long as you are not inciting hatred or violence towards someone, you should have the freedom to say what you like.

It is also strange that certain groups are protected while others are not.

but scott, does it matter what two consenting adults do behind closed doors?

if 2 men, or 2 women want to bump uglies with each other, does make them sick, wrong, less human even?

just because its not something you want to do, doesn't make it wrong

Archived