The Maroonlegions UFO All-in-One Mammoth Thread

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

There is another very important individual that contributed so much to UFO studies ,a one Dr J Allen Hynek his research papers ect and books are a must for any serious UFO enthusiast.He was the scientific consultant who investigated and over looked the UFO reports on the USAF "project blue book".He started his own centre for UFO studies too after he came to the conclusions that UFOs do require serious scientific study , he in essence changed is sceptical and debunking stance after his lengthy investigation's with "blue book".ML.

J. Allen Hynek

"Anything that Allen Hynek wrote about UFOs is of interest to a student of ufology. His voluminous writing includes several books and many, many articles in all types of publications. Like all active researchers, he also wrote much in private letters, reports, and notes that have been seen by only a few colleagues and friends".

THE ROOTS OF COMPLACENCY

by

Dr. J. Allen Hynek

"Something truly astonishing happened.... Not far from New York City, along the Hudson Valley, as hundreds of astonished people looked up, many driving along the Taconic Parkway, they saw something no one had ever seen before".

LINK; http://www.cufos.org/index.html

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

Looking now to the present and there is one UFO researcher who has not only collected very valuable historical UFO documents from the various governmental agencies through the freedom of information act or FOIA for short.Barry Greenwood has amassed thousands of important declassified UFO documents and is the foremost leading investigator of anything that has or had an "official" stamp on it.His web site contains a impressive data base of these FOIA UFO documents and he has also done lectures and books.We now start on the modern day and recent UFO investigators who have painstakingly unearthed some diamonds in the "official document" section of this subject.Below is a link to his data base.Link provided for further viewing.ML.

The Sign Historical Group

The Barry Greenwood Archives

"Barry Greenwood has been collecting UFO publications for over 40 years. His collection has become famous as a reference set for those who want to research the UFO field.To do any kind research, be it historical or involving UFOs, four things are required: materials, researchers, access and forums. Materials include UFO documents, reports, articles, and in this case UFO publications".

Eight examples of Barry's collection may be viewed online below, or can be downloaded here.

Barry Greenwood's Government Folder Headings - August 26, 2000

Barry Greenwood's article UFOs: Government Involvement, Secrecy, and Documents

View Barry Greenwood's Government File Holdings (UFO)

maroonlegions

Breaking away from the educational side of the UFO situation here is another interesting discovery ,this time by a NASA scientist , they think they have found "portals" or "gateways", these are found in relation to the earth's magnetic field but are very elusive and unpredictable but now they know what to look out for.Link is provided and snippet from like to.ML.geek.gif

Hidden Portals in Earth's Magnetic Field

macneticportals-150x150.jpg

? Play/Download video

A NASA-sponsored researcher at the University of Iowa has developed a way for spacecraft to hunt down hidden magnetic portals in the vicinity of Earth. These gateways link the magnetic field of our planet to that of the sun, setting the stage for stormy space weather. The Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) mission will study these portals. Credit: Science@NASA

A favorite theme of science fiction is "the portal"--an extraordinary opening in space or time that connects travelers to distant realms. A good portal is a shortcut, a guide, a door into the unknown. If only they actually existed....

It turns out that they do, sort of, and a NASA-funded researcher at the University of Iowa has figured out how to find them.

LINK; http://www.nasa.gov/...ag-portals.html

Over 400 posts in this thread, and only two posters in double figures for number of posts.

Bigsmak with 31

and

Maroonlegions with 250!!

maroonlegions

Over 400 posts in this thread, and only two posters in double figures for number of posts.

Bigsmak with 31

and

Maroonlegions with 250!!

Listen i really don't give a feck how many people reply to this thread but you seem to be with your stats rolleyes.gifbut there is probably a lot that will view this thread and will refrain from posting their views due to the nature of the UFO content and because of a fear of ridiculing and belittling so i would not be so smug in trying to make out that no one is interested in the information posted in this thread. II have also tried to included any new discoveries too that could add to the possibilities of advancements in the fields of possible ET intelligences having a better understanding of what science currently knows just now and that is in the fields "quantum physics" , "astro physics" and "quantum mechanics"

As i have stated in this thread my intention is one of "information" on the ongoing aspects of the UFO situation,I take it you keep up to date on the worldly sightings ect .Remember its not the quantity its the quality that counts in the end.biggrin.gifGood to see that deliberate derailing of this thread has been low. One another note not everyone has an interest in what is posted by me in this thread but by the same token do you have any interests or hobbies out side of kick back and if you do and you started a thread on it for others to see or post now and again would you want that interest or hobby respected or berated, make all the fun you want, i can take the banter but please make sure your education on particularly the UFO situation, past or present is in a healthy state.

There has been a "game changer" recently in the fields of the recent discoveries of the "extra planets" discovered in our solar system alone never mind our galaxy.This game changer could alter the very foundations of what astrophysics and astronomers originally thought about the very composites of these extra plants, it is the habitable possibilities of these extra planets that is now the game changer and i will post these new revelations shortly.

.As i will say again i do not give a flying feck mate what number of replies this thread attracts or what people think of me as i regard my self in a knowledgeable position on UFO matters be they historical or up to date and if you where in the same knowledgeable mind set as me you would really see why this thread is needed for a information perspective alone and as i say why not.ML. post 251 biggrin.gif

maroonlegions

Well those BROWSING this thread for time to time and those who are interested but cannae be bothered posting there has been a wee game changer in the field of the research for extra planets, little by little these discoveries are paving the way for new possibilities and changing the way science thought possible.

A lot of what astrophysicists and astronomers thought possible in what these extra planets where made up of that determined if they could have the conditions for a habitual environment is a game changer.Well it seems that instead of a high number of gas planets like our "Jupiter" it seems that there is a higher and significant number rocky or earth like planets paving the way for a much higher percentage of POSSIBLE habitual planets that could support life , in short life is or could be very common in not only our solar system and galaxy but others solar systems and galaxies too.Link and snippet provided below.ML post 251.biggrin.gif

A Game-Changer in the Search for Alien Life: ?All stars have planets?

left_home.jpg

"Astronomers working with the Kepler spacecraft have announced new evidencesuggesting that there are far more potentially habitable planets in our galaxy than we had believed. And just as surprisingly, these planets emerged much longer ago than expected ? a revelation that could have profound implications in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

What does it mean? We talked to the head of SETI, who explained why this news changes everything.

The researchers came to this conclusion by studying the way that planets are formed. Conventional thinking suggests that no planets can form until the requisite raw materials are present ? something that can't happen until stars pour considerable amounts of silicon and oxygen into the Universe. These elements form the basic building blocks of rocks, which in turn are the stuff that planets are made out of."

link; http://io9.com/59185...dium=socialflow

link; http://www.cfa.harva...ws/updates.html

I watched a couple of the Chasing UFOs episodes, and they were shite.

And I usually enjoy UFO stuff.

But this is just like the ghost hunter type shite that they show in the US. They aren't really trying to find out anything, just make a crap TV show.

Listen i really don't give a feck how many people reply to this thread but you seem to be with your stats. Just a light hearted post, that's all.

so i would not be so smug in trying to make out that no one is interested in the information posted in this thread. I didn't make out any such thing, and wasn't being smug.

I take it you keep up to date on the worldly sightings act . No, I have no interest, never have, never will.

emember its not the quantity its the quality that counts in the end. Ironic post of the year make all the fun you want, i can take the banter but please make sure your education on particularly the UFO situation, past or present is in a healthy state. I didn't join in so it doesn't really matter does it?

FFS

maroonlegions

I will now refer back to the educational side of the UFO subject and i will post some essential information for those new to this subject or just curious and hopefully that will encourage some to do some serious reading up on this subject.Also if you are new to this subject these videos along with the recommend reading can give you a starting point .

These educational videos are approximately only 3 mins long and are aimed at a condensed burst of information recommend for beginners or those just curious and want to find out for themselves and make their own minds up regardless of the opinions of those in the ridiculing camp who are really none the wiser on the wealth of information available from independent researchers and just how vast and complicated is the different UFO reports from around the world since humans starting reporting or felt the need to report things they though odd in the skies of the world.The aim as i have stressed of this thread is to have a condensed and compact educational format in which it can be easily referred to for anyone who is curious, interested or indeed has maybe seen something they thought was worthy of either reporting here,sharing with others or for a place to cross examine from the information provide here.

While there are many who view this subject as one for cranks, money makers who pray on the gullible and uneducated on the UFO subject ect or not worth bothering about because its all easily explainable there are probably others like myself who share the other side of the coin who do think it requires serious scientific investigation and consideration and that there have been and still are objects that are far from explainable in mundane terms.Could some be ET in origins ,secret military technology or unknown natural phenomenon , of course and why not but it all comes down to who we listen too and in what context we are prepared to admit just how much we and those in positions of knowledge are really none the wiser when we look at those reports that defy any known logic of explanation .

That there have been cases such as these is true and where referred to as the "blue book unknowns" when after official scientific investigations where exhausted they remain to this day as unexplainable by any known scientific means.These are the cases that make this subject deserving of serious consideration and when viewed in this light make it so much more than the wee green men ,alien probe comedy club status by those who really know no better through a lack of their own educational redundancies on the historical UFO reports since humans started reporting them. As the count of media files allows the next few post will be the educational UFO videos .ML.POST 254 i think.woot.gif

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

UFO EDUCATION FOR BEGINNERS.

project blue book special report #14;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTzrmEQc69I

project blue book unknowns;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_TaoTQmVEo

maroonlegions

Here is part two of my previous post.These videos and the information they contain are aimed beginners or those curious about the UFO subject/situation from a historical and up to date perspective.ML.POST 255.cool.gif

THE TWINNING MEMO;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=888jjWNn6gc

AIR FORCE REGULATION 200-2;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HWLBabACYQ

maroonlegions

Part 4 biggrin.gif of the videos that concentrate on the educational theme of UFOs.ML.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF UFOS 1/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hD8ejEPrP4

QUOTE;

"A series of clips intended to serve as an educational primer to the subject of UFOs and the modern history of the UFO phenomenon. Several significant and well-documented events are covered, including the Battle of Los Angeles and Kenneth Arnold's sighting up to the Belgian Triangle Wave and the O'Hare Airport Sighting. Also includes brief segments with J. Allen Hynek, Jacques Vallee, Stanton Friedman and other prominent names connected to the study of UFOs. A list of recommended reading appears at the end of the final video in the series."

A BRIEF HISTORY OF UFOs 2/6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0XCa1vSBF4

maroonlegions

This post and some to follow will concentrate on those UFO cases that contain levels of "HIGH STRANGENESS", this term "high strangeness" was originally termed by "blue books" Dr Allen Hynek ,chief scientific consultant to the USAF investigation's into UFOs.As can be seen or noted these cases are the ones that justify serious ongoing scientific investigation's, as Dr Hynek acknowledged, in fact this case was to receive the official "outstanding case" stamp of approval by the US intelligence department and met all the criteria that would be expected for any UFO report or encounter to merit , receive or justify an acknowledgement of such magnitude.

The freedom of information document,(FOIA), below showing the pilots report of his encounter and attempted interception of this object shows that something was displaying incredible manoeuvrability and technological superiority.These type of cases are more than often out of the public eye and is only made available by those who request declassified documents under the freedom of information acts. This case and the ones like it put this subject in a more serious light and justifiably so.ML;

*********************************************************************************************

THE DOCUMENT:

LINK; http://ufologie.patr.../htm/foia18.htm

This document is legit regarding an actual case that occurred in Iran.Here is one of those pilots involved in the incident talking about the experience in 2007;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJydT3AZ370

The Future's Maroon

ML, try not to bite to any comments trying to put you down. It must be close to a couple of years this thread has been on the go and while I have not read every post, I do have a clance now and again...some of it goes waaaaay over my head, where as others dont and some of the clips are entertaining and better than Corrie or Jeremey Kyle depending on what time you watch them.

I noted you said earlier that people probably dont post in fear of being ripped to bits by those stonch non-believers...I am not saying I do or dont believe about UFO's or ET's, I enjoy watching programmes about it as I find it entertaining.

Until its proven 100% I will be weary of all the stuff you read or watch on tv but I have to say sometimes something hits a nerve and makes me think "wait a minute...what if thats true"...another feeling I have (you might not like this bit) is about all these folk searching for answers or trying to communicate with Mr ET, what if they do make 'contact', ring the doorbell so to speak and then suddendly we discover that Mr ET is a big evil horrible **** and decides "oh, nice there is a wee planet with resources and plently food (Humans)?!!!

:thumbsup:

maroonlegions

Staying on Staying on the "high strangeness" topic that are involved in UFO cases here is another case that's origins remain unknown.Below is some text from the U.S. Department of Defense document.Again this document only came into the public domain by those filing an FOIA.As usual links and snippets from these links provided for further viewing ect;What also must be stressed here is that these are legit documents from official sources recording reports and sightings from official military sources that have been witnessed to objects that they cannot explain or the technology involved, takes the shine of those that used the loony u-tube hoaxers to discredit the seriousness that this subject deserves.

People in military and intelligence positions admitting that these cases of high strangeness do exist and happen from time to time and are on the official record with backed up reliable military sources is a FACT.Now if that is not a cause for a serious look at these cases and consideration that this subject is so much more than the jokers who view it as a entertainment opportunity to bring those down who are interested in it out of what ever reason they have then the joke is on them.

There are too many credible sources and witnesses to date that to me outshines the hoaxers,attention seekers and those out to make a buck at the expense of those gullible ,(based on a lack of any real knowledge on the subject), that there is cases that warrant further scientific investigation and considerations is beyond doubt ,that is the case with the UFO situation if one seeks out those dusty diamond cases from the hoaxing like the cases of high strangeness.ML.

PS; Cheers for the input "the futures maroon" and i do understand your point of "what if" and it is essential to care not a jot what those who are in a lesser position of any real knowledge of this subject say. Ridiculing ect is nothing new to this subject and is expected but in the end something is gonnae give regarding the real origins of those UFO cases that defy explanations and when it does ,maybe in our life time , the saying that "he who laughs last" will be done in a ,more mature way.ML.laugh.gif

*********************************************************************************************

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT DOCUMENT FILES/ US Department of Defence Document;>---------------------------------------------------------------------------DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE Joint Chiefs of Staff Message Center RECEIVED JUN - 3 1980; 6.

(U) SOURCE: 6 876 0138. OFFICER IN THE PERUVIAN AIR FORCE WHO OBSERVED THE EVENT AND IS IN A POSITION TO BE PARTY TO CONVERSATION CONCERNING THE EVENT. SOURCE HAS REPORTED RELIABLY IN THE PAST. 7. SUMMARY: SOURCE REPORTED THAT A UFO WAS SPOTTED ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS NEAR PERUVIAN AIR FORCE (FAP) BASE IN SOUTHERN PERU. THE FAP TRIED TO INTERCEPT AND DESTRY THE FO, BUT WITHOUT SUCCESS. PAGE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE Message Centre; PAGE 2 18134; "SOURCE STATED THAT ON 9 MAY, WHILE A GROUP OFFICERS WERE IN FORMATION AT MARIANO MALGAR, THEY SPOTTED A UFO THAT WAS ROUND IN SHAPE, HOVERING NEAR THE AIRFIELD. THE SECOND SIGHTING WAS SURING HOURS OF DARKNESS.

THE VEHICLE WAS LIGHTED. AGAIN AN SU-22 WAS SCRAMBLED, BUT THE VEHICLE OUT-RAN THE AIRCRAFT". whistling.giflink; http://www.cufon.org...on/foia_008.htm

Also included here is Peruvian Air Force Commander Oscar Alfonso Huertas talking about this case to the press club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS0Ws1WSuyI

maroonlegions

I will over the coming posts continue with the "educational" and "historical" nature and topic of the UFO situation and will attempt to show just how much is not known or realised by the public and those who have no real knowledge of the subject borne out of a lack of interest or a belief that there is nothing to UFOs and they are not worth investigating..I will stress though that i am not having a go at those who lack any real knowledge but rather showing that to have a real knowledge of this subject puts one in a much better and clearer position to make a clear and more knowledgeable judgement of the UFO situation.I will be posting the case for a real need for a better and clearer understanding based on a better knowledgeable perception of this subject soon as i am currently going through some of the 1000s of declassified UFO documents that have been made available through the freedom of information act,(FOIA) and especially the ones that involved "project blue book", these where known as the "blue books unknowns".ML.

Dr. Josef Allen Hynek (May 1, 1910 ? April 27, 1986) was a United States astronomer, professor, andufologist.[1] He is perhaps best remembered for his UFO research. Hynek acted as scientific adviser toUFO studies undertaken by the U.S. Air Force under three consecutive names: Project Sign (1947?1949),Project Grudge (1949?1952), and Project Blue Book (1952 to 1969). For decades afterwards, he conducted his own independent UFO research, developing the Close Encounter classification system, and is widely considered the father of the concept of scientific analysis of both reports and, especially, trace evidence purportedly left by UFOs

LINK; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Allen_Hynek#Early_life_and_career

QUOTE;

"Ridicule is not part of the scientific method, and people should not be taught that it is. The steady flow of reports, often made in concert by reliable observers, raises questions of scientific obligation and responsibility. Is there ... any residue that is worthy of scientific attention? Or, if there isn't, does not an obligation exist to say so to the public?not in words of open ridicule but seriously, to keep faith with the trust the public places in science and scientists?<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333015441895px; ">LINK; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Allen_Hynek

maroonlegions

The case for the need for a "EDUCATED and "KNOWLEDGEABLE" background for anyone forming final views, opinions and beliefs on the UFO situation/subject is clear to those that have that educational and knowledgeable background , it is vital.Also that there was a very real need for a serious and rigorous scientific investigation in the past and today in those cases that contained or contain levels of "high strangeness" is made even more stronger by the very person who sat on the scientific consulting panel in the 50s,60s and 70s through various official USAF and governmental namely "project blue book".

Dr Allen Hynek was his name and as i have in previous posts provided a summery of his credentials and positions he held in these official UFO investigation's we now can see his serious grievances and anger at the adequate scientific methods deployed and carried out by "blue book".Not many people will have even bothered or even been aware of these revelations by a senior scientific consultant who was involved in official investigating UFO reports for the United States Air Force,(USAF),why is there so many people NOT aware of these facts concerning Dr Hynek grievances but feel they are in a position to dismiss out of hand that ALL UFO reports are nonsense ,hoaxes and not worth of any real serious scientific investigation's?? well because they are uneducated and lack any real knowledge of the vast amount of actual evidence that points to the revelation that UFOs or those cases containing high levels of strangeness and the ones that Hynek labelled "UNKNOWNS" are worthy of real serious scientific investigation's.I will provide some links showing that Dr Hynek was far from satisfied with these offical investigation's that have been carried out and these are in own words.

The need for anyone dismissing this subject/situation and believing it is only for cranks ect to have an educated and knowledgeable background and who is familiar with the historical side too is apparent and a cold hard fact.Like any subject one has to be educated to form any clear and knowledgeable views , opinions and beliefs on that particular subject or situation that one is expressing views or opinions on.What i am trying to say is find out for your self,educate yourself on this subject/situation and gain a knowledgeable mind set and you will start to see the bigger picture that this UFO situation in the past ,(that formed today's beliefs and perceptions), does deserve serious considerations to be taken seriously and free from the ridiculing agenda that is encouraged from some sections of influence like the media and sciences.ML.

HYNEK TAKES US INSIDE BLUEBOOK

Excerpts from "The UFO Experience"

HYNEK & PROJECT BLUE BOOK (The study that wasn't)

HOW "BLUE BOOK" DEALT WITH ITS MISSION:

ON THE STAFF OF BLUE BOOK

ON SCIENTIFIC EXCHANGE WITH THE OUTSIDE SCIENTIFIC WORLD

OR WITHIN THE AIR FORCE ITSELF

Main link for all above links;

http://www.cohenufo....l#statstravesty

maroonlegions

As i have said in previous posts that the educational side to the UFO situation ,(involving data from the past and present), is vital hen forming any opinion or view on the UFO situation.With that in mind i will endeavour to provide a summary on the THREE main official, military and scientific UFO investigation's that where carried out by the United States Air Force intelligences.As i have outlined before the three official UFO investigation's where named "PROJECT BLUE BOOK","PROJECT SIGN" and "PROJECT GRUDGE".

Project "blue book" would be the final investigation carried out by the USAF and its conclusions,findings would have the final say to the scientific world on whether UFOs constituted a real serious phenomena worthy of "FURTHER" scientific study , in short ,this final chapter that was the "blue book" conclusions was to end any further scientific study or public interest in the UFO situation.Apart from "project sign" who"s members held an open minded attitude attributed especially to those UFO cases that after official investigation's where labelled "unknowns" due to the high levels of strangeness they contain eg; "acceleration, speeds,stop,then start,flight patterns and displays of advanced technology or superior to what was achievable at that time ,all which has been picked up on radars over the years,

As also stated one of the senior scientific consultants ,Dr Allan Hynek was latter to go public and highlight the scientific inadequacies or "methods of investigation's ect, undertaken by "BLUE BOOK", he would not be the last scientific academic to go public with such grievances either.Hopefully some light has been shed on the reality of these official scientific UFO investigation's having taken place and the nature of what they set out to achieve ,(mainly to end any further real scientific and public interest and any justifications for a further study or even a ET origin), in short to take the perception of any REAL investigation's AWAY from the public attention and scientific establishments but to carry on under the cloak and protection from any prying eyes under the national security acts.

Recently the USAF has released most of the declassified UFO documents from one of those official investigation's ,namely "project grudge", most of "blue books" declassified UFO files that centred around "blues books" investigation's on various UFO cases it investigated are now in the public domain by requests from the FOIA ,(freedom of information act),This release of the files of "project grudge" is very interesting considering the debunking that this investigation set out to do from the start, as Dr Hynek points out.I have included the link to the project grudge UFO files for anyone serious or curious enough to have a wee butchers for themselves.As i have also pointed out that the intended nature of this thread is to encourage people to find out for themselves and make their own minds up and also see the other side of this subject that "wee green men" consortium probably never new existed and would never touch let alone make others see it for themselves.ML;

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SOURCE LINK SNIPPET;

by AFDO Staff

Air Force Declassification Office

10/27/2011 - National Archives II -- The Air Force Declassification Office is pleased to release records on Project Grudge, which was part of the Air Force effort to investigate Unidentified Flying Object reports starting in 1949. These documents contain reporting procedures, planned responses to press and public inquiry, and investigative reports conducted by the Air Force in early 1950.

To find the documents click on the UFOs link on the declassified documents page or click here to go directly to the document.

Subscribe to our RSS feed to get the latest declassified documents as they become available."

Project Grudge Documents

Download HiRes

afdclass1.jpg

maroonlegions

I see that our very own British Ministry of Defence has released another set of declassified UFO documents from its vaults.Here we see that ex prime minister Tony ,(WMD), Blair was briefed on the current UFO situation and had a real fear of releasing UFO documents requested under the freedom of information act,(FOIA).I have included the link for these documents and a wee snippet from the source link, another bunch of UFO declassified documents to keep one busy i feel.ML;

BRITISH MOD DECLASSIFIED UFO DATA FILES;

223px-MinistryofDefence.svg.png

SOURCE LINK SNIPPET;

"A raft of documents released by the Ministry of Defence today contains nearly 7,000 pages of information on successive governments' UFO policies, Parliamentary questions, public correspondence and sightings of UFOs".The documents were released after a campaign by Dr David Clarke, who has been asking the Ministry of Defence for them since 2003, and are the ninth such release.This latest batch of files on UFOs from the MoD show that:

? Tony Blair was briefed on UFO and alien defence policy as he was so concerned about the disclosure of classified information on extra-terrestrials when he was Prime Minister

? A Whitehall civil servant was paid to investigate UFO reports;? Government officials believed aliens 'might come here for holidays'laugh.gifwoot.gif and suggested harnessing UFO technology for British defences.cool.gif

LINKS TO THE FILES BELOW;

http://s.telegraph.c...-defe-24-2077-1

http://www.telegraph...r-holidays.html

maroonlegions

Briefly coming away from the educational aspect of the UFO historical theme here is an up to date release by the FBI on some of its declassified UFO documents proving that the FBI and the intelligence community did take active interest and possible coordinated surveillance activities with the USAF military intelligences on UFO reports ,sightings and witnesses to UFO Sightings also.The ongoing UFO investigation's did not end with the termination of "PROJECT BLUE BOOK" it actually continued away from the scientific and media world,the question that has to be asked and considered here is WHY did they deceive and feel the need to continue investigating UFO reports when they officially told the scientific and media establishments that they did not due to that there was noting to investigate as UFOs posed no national security threat and were all explainable.whistling.gifI will touch upon this official self-contradiction later in future posts on this particular topic as part of the educational theme.The video below gives a brief summary of those FBI UFO files now released for all to ponder on and into the public domain.ML.geek.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94URFPqmphU

maroonlegions

The topic and nature of my future posts on this thread concerning the UFO subject/situation will centre on the educational and historical theme.As i have previously stated an educated and knowledgeable mind set is required when forming any final opinions on the nature,origins or sources of those UFOs that remain unknown.Regardless of what some may think is required,(without any real understanding of the complexity of the historical official UFO investigation's carried out by the USAF project "blue book"),for basing any final views and opinions on the reality of those UFO reports that are classed as "unknowns" the fact remains that one has to dig into those official UFO investigation's and listen to those like Dr Hynek who served on those respective official investigation's like "blue book".

That there was an UFO investigation done out side the United States Air Force,(USAF), is true and was perhaps a game changer in the manifestations emanating from the views of what the "official line" ,stance,perceptions and possibilities are really like regarding the UFO situation.

The UFO investigation was carried out for three years by the French and was never intended for public release and its findings was hardly known to the world never mind the scientific and media worlds.I have included this report by the French below ,it is in a downloadable PDF formate and is a must for those curious or interested enough to spend some time reading up on. Educate your self is my message here , let know one else make you feel that they have the "educated and knowledgeable" rightlaugh.gif to ridicule you for merely having an opinion based on a educated and knowledgeable perspective regarding the historical and knowledgeable manifestations of the UFO subject.As usual links and a source snippet are provided.ML;cool.gif

THE 1999 FRENCH REPORT ON

UFOS AND DEFENCE;

quote;

"last year(1999), an important study of the UFO phenomenon was published in France, which is just now becoming widely known in the United States,

although the ufological literature carried some mention of it at the time. Published in July 1999, the report was entitled Les Ovni et la Defense: A quoi doit-on sepr?parer? (UFOs and Defense: What must we be prepared for?). ermm.gif

This 90-page report is the result of an in-depth study of UFOs over a period of about three years, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of how the UFO phenomenon affects the national defence of France and that of other nations."

link for above quote and the pdf 1999 French report on UFOsd and Defence.

http://www.cufos.org/cometa.pdf

ps; I will at some point be covering the rather unheard topic of "USOs" or Unidentified Submerged Objects"biggrin.gif.This subject has its own historical and knowledgeable treasure chest and one i find just as intriguing and mystifying as those of an aerial persuasion .ML.biggrin.gif

maroonlegions

As stated the educational purpose of these posts is my agenda here.biggrin.gif

Here we see the formation of an official military UFO investigation committee. called CIFA between the Argentina air force ,(AAF), and a collection of local serious UFO net works with Argentina.This was set up in 2010 and is one of a first in the respect that an country's Air Force or military organisation actually liaises with a civilian group of investigators and goes public with it too. between So it appears that the Argentinian Air Force (AAF) is serious about the UFO situation proving this by setting up a joint UFO commission and was officially launched at a ceremony at the Condor Building in Buenos Aires Headquarters, the AAF Headquarters where the commission will operate.

That there is a need for a more open and honest and serious UFO investigation by civilian and military groups regarding the UFO subject/situation in the form of the joint Argentinian Air Force and civillian groups is true given that one country's military intelligence has came out and admitted that such a liaison is now operational speaks volumes for the seriousness this subject needs , strip away the ridiculer's terminology of "wee green men" and "anal probe" jokes and one then replace it with the above reality emanating from a countries military intelligence then one is left with the real issues .

That a educational need that is deserving of common respect, maturity of mind in the approaches and perceptions when one is entering this side of the UFO fence and above all a serious scientific approach that is needed to set apart those UFO reports that contain the high levels of strangeness that have been discovered when scientific minds actually bother to really investigate UFO reports like the late Dr Hynek did we he was chief scientific advisor to "project blue book" and his number of high cases that contained high "strangeness" levels after his scientific investigation's.

This official joint military and civilian "Commission Investigation of Aerospace Phenomena"(Spanish acronym CIFA) is the side of this UFO phenomena that does not get the world media attention it deserves and is a side of this phenomena that really puts this subject where it deserves to be and that is way from the ridicule the hoaxers,the attention seekers the out to make money manipulators and crackpot fringes that has tarnished this subject since the 1940s when the press gave way to the term,"flying saucers" and not the term "flying disks" that was used by Kenneth Arnold way back in the 19i40s when he was describing the objects he witnessed will flying his private plane on day.

This subject needs what is happening between the Argentinian Air Force and those UFO civilian investigation groups , this coming together and sharing information is vital i think in the long term and maybe it will happen soon in other country's, maybe a long shot but then again so is space travel ,well at sciences current understanding that isbiggrin.gif.As usual links and snippets from those link sources are provided;MLcool.gif

Mirage-fighter-UFO.jpg

AAF Mirage M3 fighter and UFO taken during maneuvers of the IV Aerial Brigade in Mendoza on November 18, 2005. (Image credit: Visi?n Ovni);

Capt-Mohaupt.jpg

Captain Mariano Mohaupt, press spokesman of the Argentinean Air Force, who presided at CIFA?s launching ceremony. (Image credit: AAF);

Edificio_Condor.jpg

The Condor Building in Buenos Aires, headquarters of the Argentinean Air Force, where CIFA will function. (Image credit: Elsapucal/Wikimedia Commons)

link; http://www.openminds...commission-709/

maroonlegions

Taking a wee break biggrin.giffrom the UFO educational and historical themes and topics for a moment here is a rather important and possible indicator of possible life oot there in space.As has been previously posted on this thread by myself NASAs Kepler space telescope has discovered a huge number of what is termed as "EXTRA PLANETS" in our solar system and some have been referred to as "habitable planets" or put another way these extra planets are in a vicinity of their orbital path around their sun that is just right for life to exist, they are neither too hot or too cold but inhabit that path around their sun as our earth does around our sun.

Now when a certain extra planet was discovered to be one of these habitual planets namely Gilese 581g.there where doubts or not enough data on it to be certain of its orbit and path around its sun but now new data suggests that Gilese581g. is indeed a habitable extra planet and can now for the time being be added to the other four habitable extra planets that have been discovered so far.That there will be more of these habitable extra planets out there waiting to be discovered is probable and just a matter of time.Now in what form or matter or intelligence any life that may inhabit any of these extra plants is of course just pure speculation at the present time but who knows what lies out there and the more our technology advances then the closer it science will come to forming or discovering just what is really out there in the intelligence and physical forms.ML.geek.gif

link and snippet from link source provided below.

Five potential habitable exoplanets now;woot.gif

fivepotentia.jpg

SNIPPET;

"Artistic representation of all the five known potential habitable worlds including now Gliese 581g, the best candidate for an Earth-like exoplanet so far. All of these planets are superterrans (aka Super-Earths) with masses estimated between two and ten Earth masses. Numbers below the planet names correspond to their similarity with Earth as measured in a scale from zero to one with the Earth Similarity Index, one being identical to Earth. (Phys.org) -- New data suggest the confirmation of the exoplanet Gliese 581g and the best candidate so far of a potential habitable exoplanet. The nearby star Gliese 581 is well known for having four planets with the outermost planet, Gliese 581d, already suspected habitable. This will be the first time evidence for any two potential habitable exoplanets orbiting the same star."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news...lanets.html#jCp

RELATED LINKS;

More information: http://arxiv.org/abs/1207.4515

http://phl.upr.edu/p...planets-catalog

maroonlegions

Continuing on the wee break from the educational and historical themes and topics here is a cool "CONCEPT" or theory that obviously has my attention, one could surmise and say this concept is one for the book of "well possibly one day eh" concepts and why not.Every little advancements in particular the fields of quantum mechanics and astro physics is a big step in furthering the chances of better space explorations in the future and of course perceiving more clearly what any possible advanced intelligences out there might have actually achieved in terms of space travel and superior technological nanotechnology .While like most concepts or discoveries of this nature are in its infancy its is worth bearing in mind that any breakthroughs are the results of humanities natural push to the stars and the mysteries of what is out there. Any way back to this concept that is called the "laser starship"biggrin.gif, this has come about,well the perception and concept of it due to an experiment that was carried out in a lab that used highly energetic vibrating mirror to turn "virtual" microwave photons into real ones, well creating particles from nowhere.Far fetched? no it has been done before in a lab.Here is a snippet below from the link i will provide explaining this reality of creating particles from nowhere better;ML.geek.gif

snippet from link source;

"In order to send a spacecraft to another star in an amount of time that would strike the average person as reasonable like a generation ? we're going to need new ways of propelling the aforementioned spacecraft that would strike the average person as nuts,biggrin.gif like using solar-powered lasers to coax antimatter fuel out of the quantum vacuum of space".

Concept laser starship turns quantum vacuum into antimatter fuel;(artists impression).

varies-zoom-thumb-550xauto-96190.jpg

snippet;

"This works because on the quantum level (at very very small scales), a vacuum isn't really a vacuum, but is actually a sea of "virtual" particles that are constantly going back and forth from existing to not existing. With enough energy, it's possible to yank those particles into existence permanently and do stuff with them, and this is the concept behind the VARIES starship"

varies1.jpg

So the essence of this concept for a "laser star ship" is to create the required "fuel" and energy needed or the "concept laser starship" turns the quantum vacuum into antimatter fuel.Antimatter provides the energy needed, well we can see where this concept has originated from, the experiment that i quote;" used a highly energetic vibrating mirror to turn "virtual" microwave photons into real ones, essentially creating particles from nowhere". So what this concept is getting at is a starship that uses solar-powered lasers to "COAX" antimatter fuel out of the "QUANTUM" vacuum of space would have the necessary energy needed to reach/explore other star systems.Of course this and i will make it clear "CONCEPT" would probably sound too far fetched biggrin.gifif it was not for the results of the lab experiment but like i have pointed out that small steps in that lead to further advancements in the field of space exploration and the technology needed are not to be scoffed at.This is ONLY a CONCEPT just now but based on findings from that lab experiment i will point out again.No antimatter was produced by this experiment or by me producing this post.ML.cool.gif

Puts a whole new spin on the saying "Warp factor 4 Scottie".ML.biggrin.gif

Link source for snippets and pictures;

http://dvice.com/arc...ept-laser-s.php

Michio Kaku: The Search for Antimatter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo8a9FCgnfk

The Riddle of AntiMatter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5oNwJNdMxY

maroonlegions

Right back to the topic of the educational and historical related UFO subject.biggrin.gifThis time we enter the murky waters of USOs or "UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECTS", like the aerial equivalent UFOs the USOs have a historical data collection and again an educational perception is vital to comprehend just how mysterious some military reports are.These UFOs reports and sightings date back to the time of Christopher Columbus and indeed records show that he witnessed one of these USOs when at sea, i will provide that record of his sighting in due course.

What is the criteria required that decides or makes a USO or even a UFO report NOTEWORTHY? A verifiable source of course and there is none better than credible military source's which some are contained in the links i will provided on the case histories of the USOs subject.When i began to look at the USO case histories i began to see a pattern emerging just like that of the UFO case histories indeed it seems that credible USO reports are just as numerous as their airborne counterparts and are also captured ,plotted,tracked and correlated on(sometimes multiple ) sonar screens.It also seems they gather just as much military interest and enforced /imposed secrecy when sailors and submariners attempt to discuss their experiences.

USOs or underwater-USOs or even UFOs leaving or entering water are an under reported phenomenon ,my purpose of this post is to show that the USOs subject is real in so much as some of the cases histories contain unknowns or unexplained phenomenon after official military investigation's carried out. Could some be undiscovered or natural phenomenon mistaken for actually solid physical objects?Of course they could but they could also not be.The other purpose of this post is by now obvious i hope in that an historical and educational perspective is also intended here with the information and related links that offer anyone to research or look up for themselves and make their own minds up whatever that may be.Below is a comprehensive list or "master list" containing case historical USO reports and also cases involving "sonar detection cases involving USOs.ML.geek.gif

LIST OF WATER-RELATED SIGHTINGS

After selecting the date group you are interested in (e.g.?500-1946? or ?The Master List?), a list for that group will appear.

The dates on the list that are in blue (hyperlinked) will take you to the text for the date selected.

This is an excellent search engine because any word in the text of any case can be located. For instance, not only does the word "radar" appear in cases in the "Radar / Sonar" category listed on the home page, but it is also found in cases that fall under other categories.

maroonlegions

Following on from my last post on the subject of USOs i will add a quote from a certain member of the House of Lords who gave this statement in a House of Lords debate on UFOs and also a link for those USO case histories that involved sonar tracking or where picked by sonar detection.Also included is Christopher Columbus"s USO/UFO sighting biggrin.gifML;geek.gif

Lord Rankeillour, Member of the House of Lords:

Many men have seen them [uFOs] and have not been mistaken. Who are we to doubt their word? ?

Only a few weeks ago a Palermo policeman photographed one, and four Italian Navy officers saw a 300-foot long fiery craft rising from the sea and disappearing into the sky...

Why should these men of law enforcement and defense lie?

[House of Lords, Debate on Unidentified Flying Objects, Hansard (Lords), Vol. 397, No. 23, January 18, 1979.]

This page is for the accumulation of cases that deal with Radar or Sonar so that we can see from them, what to expect in ?returns?. Admittedly, the greatest number of cases will come from Radar inasmuch as it encompasses aerial UFOs as well as those on the surface.

USO SONAR CONFIRMATION DOCUMENTS;

www.waterufo.net...

Christopher Columbus UFO sighting in 1492

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B1GvVa6-sU

maroonlegions

Of course those following these posts on the historical and education nature will by now know what "project blue book" involved and its part it played in forming the military, scientific and public perceptions and stances on the UFO situation, they also documented and investigated USOs as the link below will show.ML;geek.gif

BLUE BOOK UFO REPORTS BY SHIPS AT SEA

A Research Paper by A. F. Rull?n

This file is in PDF format 828 KB (requires Adobe Reader)

Download the Blue Book Database File (Excel Format 86 KB) Zipped

Online Blue Book Database File (Large File 1.18 MB)

Greedy_Jambo

You'd think in the era of camera phones there would be one solid peace of photographic evidence of anything discussed here.

But naw.

maroonlegions

You'd think in the era of camera phones there would be one solid peace of photographic evidence of anything discussed here.

But naw.

What makes you so sure there is not or every has been.Photographic evidence is one piece of the evidence jigsaw but not the be and end all.You also must take into account that if there is advanced nanotechnology involved here with some of these UFOs then it it not a possibility that these intelligences behind that technology are morphing in and out of our dimension and there technology is hard to catch on film.There have been photos of unexplained objects but they need CGI investigation's carried out on them but as is the current nature of this UFO subject these photos are dismissed right away because of the large amount of hoaxing going on and no real investigation is carried out.

I see you have no comments to make on the other forms of evidence that i have posted in the form of links to the "blue book unknowns" and other links that require viewing and study,like i have pointed out the need to understand and see for yourself the amount of non photograph evidence .Also who is to say that in the 40s,50s,60s,70s,80s and 90s there have been various different intelligences observing us in a non contact agenda but just purely on a observational programme , could these objects effect cameras ect ,their advanced nanotechnology have the ability to interfere with photographic equipment??There have been cases that this has occurred,if you had bothered to follow up my links on the "bluebook unknowns" you would have came across some very odd, (these are termed "high strangeness cases" n the blue book classification system of investigation's), cases of interferences , in fact there is a section dealing with such case studies when objects have caused interference with cars,electrical equipment .

The problem here is that there is no real discussion taking place because there is no real following up on those links i have provided and the information they provide, that any real modern or present day photograph evidence seems few was never my case here or argument to PROVE .As i have said the historical case histories like blue books ect do contain real evidence of a genuine unknown and an intelligence that posses advanced technology, this was the "OFFICIAL" conclusions by Dr Hynek who sat on the USAF official UFO investigation committee , now that evidence might not be good enough for you or anyone else but it is for me.

There is no substitute for not looking deeper or studying these historical case reports provided in various links i have provided recently , how can there be , that there was a medium amount of photos that did capture objects in the past is documented and a lot remain "unknowns" after investigation. I am not out to prove the existence of possible off world intelligences in this thread but to show that something real,something that has been photographed,(blurry or not),something that has in some cases after official military and scientific investigation's been shown to be a real and genuine unknown containing high strangeness, that this was the case in the past is true and is in my mind enough to persuade me that we where possible being observed in a non contact way in the years and times of "project blue book" and project sign", that is the real difference here.

That there was photographic evidence that did show unknown objects backed up by official investigation's in the past is highly relevant to the recent posts i have made on the importance of researching up on and reading up on the educational and historical cases histories of the UFO situation.If you wanted to remain hidden and had the technology to do so would you not do so , seems plausible to me.Follow the links and see the information from Hynek and Dr James E MacDonald on some of the official conclusions that wee reached ,for if one object out of a million is perceived to of a seprtiour intelligence then that is all it takes,its in the quality not the quantity of those case reports that determine the discussions.ML.have you followed or studied any cae history reports seems to be a NAW eh.laugh.gif ML.

maroonlegions

Steering away again from the educational and historical UFO theme here is a rather splendid article on a recent breakthrough in the understanding of the extra planets and their planetary systems.To put it bluntly researches have found an planetary system that has very similar "orientation"s to our solar system, going on the recent discoveries made by the extra planet hunter that is NASAs Kepler space telescope this discovery is huge in any future understandings of planetary systems in the universe and any life out there too.The rate that Kepler is discovering these extra planets is a sure sign that current understandings of not only our solar system but others too is changing.Usual snippets and link sources from main article provided.ML.

Researchers measure orientation of multiplanet system, find it very similar to our own solar system;

5-researchersm.jpg

"In this artist interpretation, (above)the planet Kepler-30c is transiting one of the large starspots that frequently appear on the surface of its host star. The authors used these spot-crossing events to show that the orbits of the three planets (color lines) are aligned with the rotation of the star (curly white arrow). Graphic: Cristina Sanchis Ojeda Read more at: http://phys.org/news...-solar.html#jCp

SNIPPET;

"Our solar system exhibits a remarkably orderly configuration: The eight planets orbit the sun much like runners on a track, circling in their respective lanes and always keeping within the same sprawling plane. In contrast, most exoplanets discovered in recent years ? particularly the giants known as ?hot Jupiters? ? inhabit far more eccentric orbits. Now researchers at MIT, the University of California at Santa Cruz and other institutions have detected the first exoplanetary system, 10,000 light years away, with regularly aligned orbits similar to those in our solar system. At the center of this faraway system is Kepler-30, a star as bright and massive as the sun. After analyzing data from NASA?s Kepler space telescope, the MIT scientists and their colleagues discovered that the star ? much like the sun ? rotates around a vertical axis and its three planets have orbits that are all in the same plane." Read more at: http://phys.org/news...-solar.html#jCp

WorldChampions1902

Interesting to see that the famous Shag Harbour incident in Newfoundland is documented. There have been a few documentaries made about this with hundreds of witnesses and massive Naval/ Military involvement who have always maintained that "there was nothing to see". The locals were adamant though that an alien craft did crash into their harbour and the Navy spent days deploying underwater divers / exploratory craft to retrieve it. There was even a massive 'pollution' problem created by the craft. All these physical traces were however dismissed by the military authorities.

Right back to the topic of the educational and historical related UFO subject.biggrin.gifThis time we enter the murky waters of USOs or "UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECTS", like the aerial equivalent UFOs the USOs have a historical data collection and again an educational perception is vital to comprehend just how mysterious some military reports are.These UFOs reports and sightings date back to the time of Christopher Columbus and indeed records show that he witnessed one of these USOs when at sea, i will provide that record of his sighting in due course.

What is the criteria required that decides or makes a USO or even a UFO report NOTEWORTHY? A verifiable source of course and there is none better than credible military source's which some are contained in the links i will provided on the case histories of the USOs subject.When i began to look at the USO case histories i began to see a pattern emerging just like that of the UFO case histories indeed it seems that credible USO reports are just as numerous as their airborne counterparts and are also captured ,plotted,tracked and correlated on(sometimes multiple ) sonar screens.It also seems they gather just as much military interest and enforced /imposed secrecy when sailors and submariners attempt to discuss their experiences.

USOs or underwater-USOs or even UFOs leaving or entering water are an under reported phenomenon ,my purpose of this post is to show that the USOs subject is real in so much as some of the cases histories contain unknowns or unexplained phenomenon after official military investigation's carried out. Could some be undiscovered or natural phenomenon mistaken for actually solid physical objects?Of course they could but they could also not be.The other purpose of this post is by now obvious i hope in that an historical and educational perspective is also intended here with the information and related links that offer anyone to research or look up for themselves and make their own minds up whatever that may be.Below is a comprehensive list or "master list" containing case historical USO reports and also cases involving "sonar detection cases involving USOs.ML.geek.gif

LIST OF WATER-RELATED SIGHTINGS

After selecting the date group you are interested in (e.g.?500-1946? or ?The Master List?), a list for that group will appear.

The dates on the list that are in blue (hyperlinked) will take you to the text for the date selected.

This is an excellent search engine because any word in the text of any case can be located. For instance, not only does the word "radar" appear in cases in the "Radar / Sonar" category listed on the home page, but it is also found in cases that fall under other categories.

maroonlegions

Here is another new discovery,well, new in the sense that it is still in its primary stages but never the less a breakthrough how ever small.The subject of extra dimensions is of course a subject that incorporates visions of science fiction movies and probably a scene in the film,2001;A Space Odysseyunsure.gifbut as is the way of some science fiction it can be a seed of a idea or imagination that is exactly that until some new discovery nurtures that idea or imagination in to a seed of possible reality.While as i have pointed out that this discovery is still in its infancy or primary mode it still grabs my imagination and attention that is after all where we humans get the drive or the the purpose of ideas of experimentation and trying things out.

The claim that extra dimensional realities existed say 20 years ago would be though of as fantasy or even by some as the beliefs of the (for want of a better word ),a bit woot.gif but small steps are judged big in these kind of developments and the implications are also huge for they can rock the very foundations of what the scientific world deems real or possible it its current understandings just like when man first successfully flew in a flying contraption, sail the Atlantic ocean in boat deemed to sink by some scientists and realised the world was round and not flat.A wee bit of rambling from me but when these kind of primary discoveries are made and the nature of them one goes into imagination mode, just like but not as cleaver as those who make these discoveries.laugh.gif ML; Usual snippets and source links provided.

Light bending by a black hole may offer proof of extra dimensions;cool.gif

SNIPPET;

"Light bending by a black hole may offer proof of extra dimensions November 18, 2010 (PhysOrg.com) -- Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania report that a new test for measuring the ability of gravity to bend light seen from distant stars around large objects like black holes may offer proof of the existence of extra dimensions in the universe. Most of the work by astrophysicists studying the effects of gravitational lensing, or light bending, relates to galaxies and galaxy clusters. New research from Penn makes use of the super-massive black hole believed to exist at the centrer of the Milky Way galaxy".

Most of the work by astrophysicists studying the effects of gravitational lensing, or light bending, relates to galaxies and galaxy clusters. New research from Penn makes use of the supermassive black hole believed to exist at the center of the Milky Way galaxy. Read more at: http://phys.org/news...nsions.html#jCp

SNIPPET;

?These findings illustrate how the opportunities provided by the Penn physics Ph.D. program and its new Center for Particle Cosmology allow its students to make important contributions at the cutting edge of discovery,? Sheth said. Read more at: http://phys.org/news...nsions.html#jCp

Provided by University of Pennsylvania

maroonlegions

Back to the historical and educational theme of the UFO situation.There was a post recently that stated in a rather abrupt and non-educationally way that there is in general no photographic UFO evidence presented that is relevant to the discussions or information on this thread,i would like to make it clear that this boils down to ones own personal perspective and opinion based and influenced on once again a educational awareness and knowledgeable perspective.The below are just a few of the photos that have been analysed and i intend to stick to these photos that after investigation have been deemed to be "unknowns".

That there have been numerous photographic evidence that does show unconventional air born or atmospheric objects that after official investigation's that ruled out hoaxing be various methods, photo-shop ect ,natural atmospheric phenomena or misidentification's of other aircraft.In this post i will concentrate on those photos that have been analysed and have passed the afore mentioned mundane explanations.Of course at the time these photos where presented as authentic and showing real unexplained objects it has to be stressed that once again this side of the UFO subject has is own criteria and educational and historical history that also needs reading up on, these photos will of course awake personal views on what they cold be and each one will have their own perceptions of them, i personal view some of them as genuine contenders for POSSIBLE off world intelligences on an observational and no contact agenda.ML.biggrin.gif

Here is one below that after investigation was deemed a sold physical object or it appeared so.In the next section of this photo theme i will post on the work that has been carried out by a one Dr Richard Haines of NICAP who has done some great work in this photographic field and studies of UAPs or "Unknown Aerial Phenomena" .

3framesanimud0.gif

Details of sighting

ufopilot.gif

Frame grab of a spectacular video of a silver disk object

recorded by a military pilot on September 29, 2001.

Courtesy: UFO Evidence.

I feel it necessary to post more images of the first and second photos below in this section for obvious reasons that it was taken by a military source;

skyufoex1pn0.jpg

link; http://www.hyper.net/ufo/summary.html

maroonlegions

Following on from my last post here is a bit of information on Dr Richard Haines who has worked in the field of aviation safety and the investigation of

UAPs or Unknown Aerial Phenom ena.He encourages most pilots to come forward with any reports of unknown objects , these can be commercial

or military pilots.This part concentrates on the atmospheric and aviation investigation of the UFO or UAPs situation and is part of the educational and historical theme i have been attempting to provided to those who are interested or just curious.

Hopefully by now i have shown,even in a small way that the educational and historical side of the UFO subject is complex and real in the sense that once we remove the "wee green men" and "anal probe" tags from this subject it can be seen as a far more complex and serious reality and one that deserves serious scientific consideration and even investigation than the hoaxed u-tube nonsense that so often deviates away from those reports that are classed as official unknowns are are harder to ridicule or dismiss.What we must remember here and a point that i have touched on before is that the official UFO investigation's that were carried out by the United Sates Air Force,(USAF),under the names of "BLUE BOOK","GRUDGE" and the final nail in the coffin of any serious scientific study of the UFO situation, namely the "CONDON REPORT".

These offical investigation's ended any future credibility or study of the UFO situation and also the public perceptions by the way of open ridicule by the media of anyone who dared share a different view from that of the offical investigatory out comes.I have provided the link as usual for further study of NICAPS investigation's by Dr Haines and some snippets too for anyone interested or curious enough to follow up on. ML.geek.gif

First a short summary of just what NICAP are and the work they have done.

Origins

NARCAP was founded in 1999 by Chief Scientist Dr. Richard Haines and Executive Director, Ted Roe. Through careful planning and execution, NARCAP has grown to be a respected research organization dedicated to studying UAP and aviation safety for the public's benefit;

Dr. Richard F. Haines has compiled a catalogue of over 3400 aviation related UAP cases. He has conducted a comprehensive review of UAP reports by U.S. air traffic controllers and pilots from the past 50 years. A result of this effort is Richard's paper "Aviation Safety in America- A Previously Neglected Factor"

The next link is in pdf formats are are recommended for study on the educational theme;

International Air Safety Report: Aviation Safety and Unidentified Aerial Phenomena:A Preliminary Study of 600 cases of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP)Reported by Military and Civilian Pilots

Dominique F. Weinstein NARCAP International Technical Specialist - France GEIPAN/CNES College of experts - France~ March 2012

main link; http://www.narcap.org/index.html

National Aviation Reporting Centrer

maroonlegions

This is for any possible pilots or people who know pilots for confidential reporting of UAPs or UFOs;who are viewing this forum, long shot maybe but thought it worth including.ML.geek.gif

Report an Aviation-Related UAP Incident or Observation

If you are a pilot, air traffic controller, radar operator or other aviation professional and you would like to report an observation or incident involving unidentified aerial phenomena please click here.

NARCAP is interested in both current and historical UAP incidents and observations. We are specifically interested in those cases involving concerns for aviation safety.

Reporter Confidentiality:

We maintain confidentiality for all reporters unless they specifically authorize the release of their name.

maroonlegions

Like any subject it is essential to know the "primary" or "ground facts" of what you are trying to either understand,learn or put together to make your understanding more knowledgeable and thus providing a greater perception of that given subject and the UFO subject is no different.Here i will include essential reading UFO literature, below are links included and a short summary of their contents are also included.The French authorities recognised this primary need to know agenda in the 1970s when they started an official UFO investigation organisation named "GEPAN" and then called "SEPRA" in the 80s.The French organisation called "CNES "is short for

(Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales or CNES, the French equivalent of NASA).

In short CNES was directly responsible and over looking the official and scientific investigating of UFO reports from civilian to military witnesses.There is plenty information for beginners in the links below that lead to further links.ML.geek.gif

QUOTE;

"The UFO subject is huge ,there is a lot of good stuff ,but also a lot of nonsense out there as well as deliberate disinformation.If you are new to the subject and have very little time (~20hrs) to devote to it ,a few essential items you want to read/view are included below".

ESSENTIAL READING;

maroonlegions

I will in this post will provide a link to a document that shows a condensed and compact perspective of the UFO situation in a historic and educational perspective for those interested or curious enough to follow up links that lead to information that will help in the gradual understanding of the historical and educational side of this subject.There was once a very important UFO briefing document , this document was funded by Laurance S.Rockefeller and was given the name "The Rockefeller Briefing Document ", in 1995 this document was endorsed as containing the best available evidence for the existence of UFOs by three of the most prominent research organisations, i.e. MUFON,(the mutual UFO network),the centre for UFO studies,(CUFOS) and the fund for UFO research ,(FUFOR).started by Dr Allen Hynek of project blue book,(USAF).

This historical and educational document is compact and contains a real treasure of information for anyone approaching this subject for the first time,indeed it is a must to help form a better perception of just how complex and vast is the various documentation of reports and their respective investigations carried out from civilian and official sources like project blue book.It is hoped that this post will encourage others to view the sections that cover the very first UFO reports from a historical perspective.The main link for the Rockerfeller Briefing Document is provided for a more deeper personal study.Here are a few individuals and organisations who contributed to this document;ML;geek.gif

"Major General Wilfred De Brouwer, Deputy Chief of the Royal Belgian Air Force; Dr. Claude Poher, founder of the Groupe d'Etudes des Ph?nom?nes Aerospatiaux Non-identifi?s (GEPAN), Jean-Jacques Velasco, Director of the Service d'Expertise des Ph?nom?nes de Rentr?es Atmosph?riques (SEPRA); the Soci?t? Belge d'Etude des Ph?nom?nes Spatiaux (SOBEPS), and internationally recognized UFO authorities Stanton T. Friedman and Timothy Good, for generously giving their time and help".

Main link;

UFO BRIEFING DOCUMENT - TABLE OF CONTENTS ;

maroonlegions

Straying off the UFO educational and historical theme here is a wee heads up regarding NASAs Mars rover "CURIOSITY", NASA are playing to allow the actual descent and landing of Curiosity in Times Square on big screens to the public. As the article points out below this will be a public event and no better place a place than Times Square to show a piece of history in the making lets hope that all goes well and Curiosity lands safely.ML;geek.gif

space-073112-004-617x416.jpg

MARS ROVER CURIOSITY ,NASA;

Snippet from link source below.

[ Watch the Video "

Seven Minutes of Terror" ]

Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com ? Your Universe Online

New Yorkers and those visiting Times Square will get a front row seat to the Mars landing of the Curiosity rover, as the Toshiba Vision screen broadcasts live mission coverage.

The new Mars rover will be arriving on the Martian surface at 1:31 a.m. eastern time on August 6.

The Toshiba Vision in Times Square will become the largest East Coast location for the public to see the ?

seven minutes of terror? live.

?In the city that never sleeps, the historic Times Square will be the place for New Yorkers to participate in this historic landing,?

John Grunsfeld, associate administrator for NASA?s Science Mission Directorate, said in a prepared statement. ?When you think of all the big news events in history, you think of Times Square, and I can think of no better venue to celebrate this news-making event on Mars.?

The

NASA TV broadcast will start at 11:30 p.m. eastern time on August 5, and continue through 4:00 a.m. eastern time the next day. Programming will originate from Mission Control at NASA?s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California.

http://www.redorbit....g-times-square/

HampdenHearts

ML you are like an even more tedious version of Shawn Lawson!

For the record I personally think there must be life on other planets.

maroonlegions

Back to the educational theme.There have been over a number of years official UFO investigation's by the military intelligences , namely in the forms of projects like the following "Blue Book","Sign" and "Grudge", these where set up and carried out by the United States Air Force,(USAF).More recently there has been a UFO investigation set in Norway called "PROJECT HESSDALEN" this was set up in the 1980s and continues to this day, it is jointly run by ?stfold University College and has recorded various unexplainable "lights" in the skies above a small valley called "Hessdalen" in Norway.Various night cameras where set up in this area to record any light activity and the results and conclusions are available from the main link to the project Hassdalen web site. While i am not claiming these lights are ET in origins it is merely to show that some credible UFO investigation's have been carried out and that a real enigma or unknown phenomena is present,be that ET or as yet of undiscovered natural phenomena present in these light manifestations. The link for the HESSDALEN PROJECT and its investigation's is provided for those curios or interested enough to follow it up.ML.geek.gif

phlogo3.gif

SNIPPET;

"Since 1983 there has been ongoing scientific research often nicknamed "Project Hessdalen", initiated by Dr. Erling Strand. In 1998, the Hessdalen AMSautomated scientific research station was built in the valley. It registers and records the appearance of lights.

Later, the EMBLA program was initiated. It brings together established scientists and students into researching these lights. Leading research institutions are ?stfold University College (Norway) and the Italian National Research Council."

Project Hessdalen was established in the summer of 1983. A field investigation was carried out between 21.January and 26.February 1984. Fifty-three light observations were made during the field investigation. You may read the details in the technical report. There was an additional field investigation in the winter of 1985. However, no phenomena were seen during the period when the instruments were present.

H-b16-front2.jpg

Main link. http://www.hessdalen.org/

maroonlegions

It is often said that there is not enough credible or professional people who come forward with UFO reports , a number of reasons why those considered credible or professional do not come forward are the fears of ridicule , loss of job ect. Now this is not the case with a one Gary Heseltine who is a acting serving police detective who has amassed a data base of UFO reports from on and off duty police officers.He has his own data base and this can be viewed from the link i have provided.He has in fact encouraged hundred's of police officers and retire police officers to report or come forward with their UFO sightings that they considered strange or out of the norm.So here we have an acting police officer concerned enough to start collating a data base of police officer UFO sightings.Garys job as a detective is to detect when someone is lying and his interview skills and deduction techniques need to be on the ball so to speak in his job and these skills are readily applied in his interviewing techniques of any police officer claiming a UFO sighting that they deem at the time strange or out of the ordinary.

Are the police considered credible in their reporting? after all as everyone knows they are responsible for the public's well being in the acts of keeping us save and helping bring to justice those of a criminal nature.Gary has amassed a very informative and impressive data base from those police officers who have felt the need to share their experiences or sightings by reporting directly to him, he has created a place where there was none before,a respectable, non ridiculing and open minded reporting centre for those police officers who out of fear of ridicule would probably never have came out with their sightings.Snippets and main link provided below as usual.Any police officer viewing this thread/post and is wanting or considering making a report in confidence then Gary is the source to do so. ML.

WELCOME TO THE PRUFOS POLICE DATABASE

garypromo.jpg

police detective Gary Heseltine.

snippet;

This is an unofficial police site run by a serving police detective with over 18 years experience.

My name is GARY HESELTINE and I am a serving Detective Constable.

I launched the PRUFOS POLICE DATABASE in January 2002. It caters for serving and retired police officers to record their respective UFO sightings.

Police sightings are listed in two categories - On and Off duty sightings.

Since its lauched I have 256 cases dating back to 1901 involving 608 British police officers.

After studying the subject for over thirty years I am totally convinced that a small proportion of UFO sightings are genuine and represent an extraterrestrial presence on the Earth.

The media present the subject with a degree of ridicule - this is a total misrepresentation of the KNOWN FACTS about UFOs.

My belief in the extraterrestrial hypothesis is based primarily on:

2000 Military pilot reports

3000 Commercial pilot reports

Hundreds of Radar operator reports

Positive comments made by scientists, astronauts, cosmonauts, astronomers.

Positive comments made by senior military people i.e. Generals, Admirals, Colonels etc..

link; http://www.prufospol...o.uk/index.html

Note - This website operates in an unofficial capacity and does not represent the views of my own Force. Gary.

laugh.gif

maroonlegions

As is the way of an educational,(i know i am getting tired of typing this word too but its needed for now),perspective credibility and a scientific background is obviously needed in any given subject that is being presented in the form of an educational perspective and agenda, the UFO subject or situation is no different in its historical background and the following quotes from very credible sources below give this subject a shot in the arm of the seriousness and credibility it deserves.Not a lot of people new to the UFO subject or indeed in general are aware of the significance of these statements from those either more in the know than most people or who carry that respectably and street credibility in their professional fields of expertise that are important to any real scientific or military views or opinions to the UFO subject/situation be they in the past or in the present.

In this part of the education theme i will list these quotes and sources of credibility and expertise on their views of the UFO subject/situation.I will keep the number of quotes from these respected sources to a minimum due to some of the length of the text, in the course of the next few posts i will post those quotes that i feel are so important to the realisation that the UFO subject/situation is seen in a serious and respected way by a lot of credible individuals.That Bernard Haisch is of importance and regains a air of utmost credibility respectability is true by the positions he has held in the respective scientific fields he studies and works in.ML;

Educational and historical quotations theme;

Quotes from Prominent World Government and Military Officials;

US Military/Intellegence | US Presidents | US Congress

Argentina | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | England | France

Hungary | Indonesia | Japan | Spain | USSR | Zimbabwe

Letter from NASA Astrophysicist/Astronomer Bernard Haisch.

Dear Colleagues,

"I have been an active professional astronomer since earning my doctorate in 1975. I have published a respectable number of scientific papers in most of the right journals (including our favorites, Science and Nature), have been Principal Investigator on several NASA studies, have served as referee and proposal reviewer for NASA and NSF, belong to half a dozen professional societies, have chaired international conferences, i.e. I've engaged by and large successfully in all the usual activities of a busy professional scientist.

I have learned quite a bit about the UFO phenomenon over the years (certainly more than I had bargained for) and have met many of the leading figures, some credible, some deluded. When Prof. Peter Sturrock, a prominent Stanford University plasma physicist, did a survey of the membership of the American Astronomical Society in the 1970s, he made an interesting finding: astronomers who spent time reading up on the UFO phenomenon developed more interest in it. If there were nothing to it, you would expect the opposite: lack of credible evidence would cause interest to wane. And the fact of the matter is, there does exist a vast amount of high quality, albeit enigmatic, data. UFO sightings are not limited to farmers in backward rural areas.

There are astronomers and pilots and NASA engineers -- and others who have been around the block a few times when it comes to observing natural

phenomena -- who have witnessed events for which there is no plausible conventional explanation. "

Bernard Haisch,Astrophysicist/Astronomer.

UNITED STATES

Military / Intelligence

General Nathan D. Twining, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1960). As Lieutenant General in charge of the Air Force Air Materiel Command at Wright-Field, Ohio, he reported in 1947 on his investigation of UFO sightings to date:

"a. The phenomena reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious.

b. There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft.

c. There is a possibility that some of the incidents may be caused by natural phenomena, such as meteors.

d. The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely."
(Letter to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces, September 23, 1947.)

Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, Chief of Project Blue Book, from his book, The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, 1956:

"Every time I get skeptical, I think of the other reports made by experienced pilots and radar operators, scientists, and other people who know what they are looking at. These reports were thoroughly investigated and they are still unknowns.

"We have no aircraft on this earth that can at will so handily outdistance our latest jets... The pilots, radar specialists, generals, industrialists, scientists, and the man on the street who have told me, 'I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it myself,' knew what they were talking about. Maybe the Earth is being visited by interplanetary space ships.

Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter
, first Director of the CIA (1947-50). In 1957, he joined the Board of Governors of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomenon (NICAP), a UFO investigating group. In 1960, he stated:

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense."
(Statement in a NICAP news release, February 27, 1960.)

LINK; http://www.bibliotec...ment/quogov.htm

maroonlegions

This next quote is on of my favourite quotes from the 90s and it contains the simple message that in time we will see the real reality of this phenomena manifesting in the detection methods in the advancement of new nanotechnology"s.That people of Major-General Wilfred De Brouwer"s position and credibility have actually gone public come out with statements like this is acceptance from senior military intelligences that after official investigation's ,(and the means at their disposal of those investigation's), something clear,real and unknown is entering and leaving and peshing all over various military"s restricted air spaces and at the same time out pacing, out manoeuvring and peshing all over a countries F16s or fighter jets is testament to the reality of this phenomena.ML.ninja.gif

Major-General Wilfred De Brouwer, Deputy Chief, Royal Belgian Air Force:

"In any case, the Air Force has arrived to the conclusion that a certain number of anomalous phenomena has been produced within Belgian airspace. The numerous testimonies of ground observations compiled in this [sOBEPS] book, reinforced by the reports of the night of March 30-31 [1990], have led us to face the hypothesis that a certain number of unauthorized aerial activities have taken place. Until now, not a single trace of aggressiveness has been signalled; military or civilian air traffic has not been perturbed or threatened. We can therefore advance that the presumed activities do not constitute a concrete menace.

"The day will come undoubtedly when the phenomenon will be observed with technological means of detection and collection that won't leave a single doubt about its origin. This should lift a part of the veil that has covered the [uFO] mystery for a long time. A mystery that continues to the present. But it exists, it is real, and that in itself is an important conclusion."
(De Brouwer, W., "Postface" in SOBEPS'
Vague d'OVNI sur la Belgique - Un Dossier Exceptionnel,
Brussels: SOBEPS, 1991.)

and this one too below;

"Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the Government is hushing it up."

Comment by Stephen Hawking (world renowned astrophysicist) on C Span Television-guest lecturer at the second Millennium Evening at the White House on March 6, 1998.

That, coming from a man who states all abductees are 'weirdos'(?) ... *confused (((?))) scratches head*

laugh.gif

LINK;

• 3 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Interesting that the BBC radio programme "the today programme" has covered and been following the gradual release from of the British MOD declassified UFO files.Here is a link for anyone who is interested.ML.

Spotting UFOs: The MoD's X-files.

"Five years ago, the Ministry of Defence started releasing their files on UFO sightings which had once been kept secret".

The Today programme's Sanchia Berg has been keeping an eye on them.

Get in touch with Today via email , Twitter or Facebook or text us on 84844.

link; http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9737000/9737156.stm

• 11 months later...
maroonlegions

Looks like a bag of sweeties.

True, Willie Wonkas surprise treat bag.....lol

Ryan Jarman

Pretty amazing

Can't help thinking that's just loads of normal sized shells on a black background mind :)

Archived