Wallace going to Celtic????

Jimmy Melville

Plese read the official site -- everything is on the site word for word that sky have -- no bids, no contact but who knows -- that is the same for 99% of clubs this window.

Jimmy Melville
Nothing there to suggest anything imminent.

Its a rehash of the EEN speculation story.

I must have missed this story. As soon as I read this I thought there could be a chance. Why is Csaba mentioning Celtic?

He won't be going to Celtic.

I have no evidence, no source and no basis on which this statement is formed, I just don't think he'll go there.

Jimmy Melville
Clear case of media putting 2 and 2 together with no credible quotes from any party involved

I usually find Sky Sports fairly reliable, so don't know why this would have made the transfer centre??

Hearts of Vladland
I must have missed this story. As soon as I read this I thought there could be a chance. Why is Csaba mentioning Celtic?

He doesn't :wacko:

Laslo at no point mentions Celtic- it is just some reporter thinking the skint OF will be able to afford Vlads prices.

Be very surprised if he goes there, I do believe he will go south but only IMO of course ;)

How long has he left on his contract?

Pretty sure he's signed up for another two seasons after this one.If the the Gypsies can offer ?2m he'll prob be on his merry way.Sad but true.

Jimmy Melville
He doesn't :wacko:

Well he says the decision is out his hands, so why is Csaba even bothering to say anything??

Hearts of Vladland
Pretty sure he's signed up for another two seasons after this one.If the the Gypsies can offer ?2m he'll prob be on his merry way.Sad but true.

Vlad's old firm price is double normal so more about ?4m

Francis Albert
Well he says the decision is out his hands, so why is Csaba even bothering to say anything??

Because some Evening Hibsman "journalist" asked him ... and Csaba has NEVER replied to a question with "no comment".

The Old Tolbooth
Until 2012 I think

They couldn't afford him then, surely Vlad wouldn't sell one of our best players to one of our biggest rivals for anything less than silly money.

Hearts of Vladland

He got asked. :wacko:

By the way if Fox is going for ?2 million then we should ask for at least ?2.5 million plus add ons.

If the Burnley manager has any sense which I doubt, given he is interested in Fox, then Wallace should be his target not Fox.

We should tell Celtic to stick their ?1.5 million where the sun doesn't shine (if indeed there is any interest though I think Fox would have to move first)

Because some Evening Hibsman "journalist" asked him ... and Csaba has NEVER replied to a question with "no comment".

:biggrin:

the filthy **** would never play Vlads asking price, no chance imo.

I await Celtic selling Fox for 2 million then offering 300k for Wallace, If they do that we should demand 5million from them.

Not convinced there's much in this but its another ?1million on the price if he's going there.

Wouldnt be overly concerned if he went there for bigger money. He's not actually that great a defender. I'd be happy enough if we replaced him with Mulgrew in fact, although not brilliant defensively either, offers a delivery and a dead ball strike that Wallace could only dream of being able to do.

Celtic would be better going for Mulgrew. Get him much cheaper and he's not that much lesser a player all round than Wallace is, although Wallace certainly has the better ability overlapping and charging forward.

Over ?3 million and he can go wherever he likes as far as I'm concerned.

Not convinced there's much in this but its another ?1million on the price if he's going there.

Wouldnt be overly concerned if he went there for bigger money. He's not actually that great a defender. I'd be happy enough if we replaced him with Mulgrew in fact, although not brilliant defensively either, offers a delivery and a dead ball strike that Wallace could only dream of being able to do.

Celtic would be better going for Mulgrew. Get him much cheaper and he's not that much lesser a player all round than Wallace is, although Wallace certainly has the better ability overlapping and charging forward.

Over ?3 million and he can go wherever he likes as far as I'm concerned.

If Mulgrew is that good he'll be off to the Premiership.

If Mulgrew is that good he'll be off to the Premiership.

Is Wallace good enough for the Premiership ? Which clubs have shown an interest (a serious interest ?)

I didnt say Mulgrew was better by the way before anyone starts. I said I'd be happy with him as a replacement provided we maximised on what we got for Wallace.

Mulgrew is certainly better at delivering a cross and/or a free kick.

If we're keeping Wallace, we dont need Mulgrew IMO

If he does have a brain he will go down south.

Wallace is a Riordan type (brain wise) that we just gloss over because he's ours.

He didn't

I usually find Sky Sports fairly reliable, so don't know why this would have made the transfer centre??

Rumours and speculation are exactly just that.

Sky sports has had us signing anyone including Lee Bowyer over the last few years, along with many other clubs signing whoever and they never materialise.

Stick to the official site if you want reliable Info regarding transfers in or out, everywhere else is just speculation or rumour

That's really not true mate.

His criminal convictions would suggest otherwise, although it appears he runs about with a crowd of losers so that wont be helping

Charlie-Brown
That was a bit silly of them.

He fell out with Strachan when he turned up late for some pre-season training match or travelling or something like that - GS then binned him to Wolves before the end of the transfer window.

His criminal convictions would suggest otherwise, although it appears he runs about with a crowd of losers so that wont be helping

Most people (certainly me) did some pretty brainless things at that age,although most people arn't playing for a top football club.He's a young man who has learned his lesson-the hard way by all accounts.

He fell out with Strachan when he turned up late for some pre-season training match or travelling or something like that - GS then binned him to Wolves before the end of the transfer window.

Bit of an atitude problem then.

He won't be going to Celtic.

I have no evidence, no source and no basis on which this statement is formed, I just don't think he'll go there.

I agree with you, I don't think he would go to that lot.

Fingers crossed he doesn't!!

I agree with you, I don't think he would go to that lot.

Fingers crossed he doesn't!!

Why wouldn't he? money talks these days.

Thig Ar Latha
Why wouldn't he? money talks these days.

But the paper rustling at Parkhead nowadays is sweetie papers, The sound of money rustling nowadays comes from England, where Sky money is keeping their game over-inflated, even if there's a couple of coats on a shooglie peg's just now.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Cant be true. His uncle said on Flumps.net he was going down south. And I 100% believe that poster was his uncle!!

I'm sure one of Lee Wallace's mates posts from time to time, so will be interesting to see if he posts on this.

Lee Wallace isn't a dyed in the wool Jambo, so if he wants to move to Celtic because he sees that as a good career move and Celtic meet our asking price, fair play to him.

He's a young lad that's made mistakes off the pitch, but he's done very well for us on it. I won't bad mouth him - he's no Gary Naysmith, but he has potential to make the Scotland left back position his own.

what a joke.

one thing Vlad is good at is getting a good price. Which by other sales and the fact the likes of hutton went for so much would mean wallace is worth anything from ?3m-?5m+ judging by past experience Vlad will know by selling down south it would be leaning to a higher figure. Even an 'entry level' bid would price Celtic out.

This is a no go. imo.

Archived