Where is this?

jambogaz1968

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

I've no idea where folks but lets think foreign going by the white reg plates on the back of those cars

And rule out Holland as well cos they have yellow reg plates, I'm sure this has narrowed things down for you all a bit

7 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

I've no idea where folks but lets think foreign going by the white reg plates on the back of those cars

7 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

And rule out Holland as well cos they have yellow reg plates, I'm sure this has narrowed things down for you all a bit

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Antwerp?

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Utrecht

59 minutes ago, H2 said:

Hamburg

59 minutes ago, H2 said:

Bruges

58 minutes ago, H2 said:

Stockholm

Nope. Not even these countries :D

Spent a lot of time in Co Mayo over the years (Ballina) but never Westport. The dark painted door with white outline on the right of the picture is very typical of Ireland.

3 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Got it

Westport Ireland

Great find of a lovely wee town. Up Mayo :D

Point or a Guinness goes to VladMagic  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Great find of a lovely wee town. Up Mayo :D

Point or a Guinness goes to VladMagic  :thumbsup:

I only ever drink Guiness in Ireland. Doesn't taste right over here. Sunk more than my fare share whilst over in Co Mayo but the best of the best was in Foxford in a wee bar called Guirys. It was that good I had 7 for lunch with another 10 or so later that night. 

Been in Ireland twice, once in 1956 Belfast to catch up with an old girlfriend, and in 2013 visited Gorey in the south. What beautiful country, visited Dublin had a few Guiness in a well known area there near the river,

49 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I only ever drink Guiness in Ireland. Doesn't taste right over here. Sunk more than my fare share whilst over in Co Mayo but the best of the best was in Foxford in a wee bar called Guirys. It was that good I had 7 for lunch with another 10 or so later that night. 

That's not as true as it used to be. The problem in the old days was that there was a Guinness brewery in London and it was rubbish, now it all comes from Dublin* and people know how to look after it. I was over in Galway in November and as a regular Guinness drinker was looking forward to a few but the difference just wasn't there as much. 

*In the UK and Ireland at least. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

That's not as true as it used to be. The problem in the old days was that there was a Guinness brewery in London and it was rubbish, now it all comes from Dublin* and people know how to look after it. I was over in Galway in November and as a regular Guinness drinker was looking forward to a few but the difference just wasn't there as much. 

I agree to an extent but the problem of pull through remains. Even the Dublin brewed Guiness is not anywhere near as popular over here so it doesn't get the pull through it does over there.

All depends on the pub you are in over here and how many Guiness drinkers there are.

6 hours ago, inspector said:

Rome

4 hours ago, Boof said:

Nice

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Budapest

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Madrid

All incorrect

On 04/01/2019 at 16:34, Tazio said:

I can't say why I know this, but I know this, and you can take it to be 100% true.  There is a real difference between Guinness on this island and Guinness outside of this island.  You can probably look up why on the web, but that's not my source.

Whether or not that makes the Guinness on this island better or worse is a matter of opinion.  I think it makes it better, but then I'm not really a stout drinker.

But the beer is incontrovertibly different.

(Sorry for the interruption; please carry on.)  :whistling:

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I can't say why I know this, but I know this, and you can take it to be 100% true.  There is a real difference between Guinness on this island and Guinness outside of this island.  You can probably look up why on the web, but that's not my source.

Whether or not that makes the Guinness on this island better or worse is a matter of opinion.  I think it makes it better, but then I'm not really a stout drinker.

But the beer is incontrovertibly different.

(Sorry for the interruption; please carry on.)  :whistling:

If I can remember correctly ( not that makes it true ) I was told it was something to do with all liquids needing to be pasturised before being allowed over international borders.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Well that never lasted long :D

A quickie for Lemongrab :thumbsup:

:yas:

Being brought up there might have helped. 

• 3 weeks later...